Mini Normal 2313: I am sitting in a room (game over)

Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:09 am

Post by Generic »

So this is an interesting premise for me.

Never been innocent child before, and usually draw some votes early to see what people are made of.

I need to figure out how this voting thing works anyway, it’s been a while, so…

vote Generic
"In mafia, I've learned to always be wary of yes men. It's also a good idea to always be wary of Generic, because you never know what he's going to try to do."
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:12 am

Post by Generic »

Interesting…

VOTE: Vote Generic
"In mafia, I've learned to always be wary of yes men. It's also a good idea to always be wary of Generic, because you never know what he's going to try to do."
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:13 am

Post by Generic »

Haha, cracked it. Just ignore the vote bit lol
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:44 am

Post by Generic »

I’m not yeeting black today. I like her style.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:06 am

Post by Generic »

In post 22, Black wrote:
In post 21, Generic wrote: I’m not yeeting black today. I like her style.
This makes me not want to yeet you. So I guess we have an alliance?

The Generic Black Crayons coming to a Town near you!
You could yeet me but that would be a bad look for you, bullying an innocent defenceless child such as myself :cry:
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:09 am

Post by Generic »

In post 24, BlackStar wrote:
In post 17, Black wrote:
In post 8, Charles510 wrote: Hey there, fellow Mafia enthusiasts!
Hi Charles! This post was really cute
In post 12, Generic wrote: vote Generic
This made me lol
In post 15, Gumiguy wrote: Must be dog people
scoffs

~~~

VOTE: BlackStar

There can be only one black
There’s no need for black on black crime lol
This wins the internet today
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:30 am

Post by Generic »

VOTE: animatedWiz
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:38 am

Post by Generic »

Let’s get some lateral thinking into the game.

Imagine you are in the mafia team. How would your teammates describe your opening play in this game so far in the scum chat?

And Charles, I agree with the sentiments of the rest here, speak as you or you are likely to be serving no value in this game and will be fast wagoned on principle.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:52 am

Post by Generic »

In post 39, Andante wrote:
In post 33, AnimatedWiz wrote: My first game featured a quickhammer D1, so I’m a bit reluctant to throw out a vote super early (since I was the first to vote for that person). I respect the suspicion, though.
I mean, my issue is more your post reads as nervous scum to post, like, no thoughts on anything else posted?
it's like, your post just feels a lot more like an awkward scum entrance than towny one, I understand not wanting to vote, but like, you're putting more focus on why you're not voting, implying you wanna wait forever to vote, and based on your posts so far, you're putting more focus on "I don't wanna vote" than "I think my reads are this"

which is why I think you're scum, idk what charles is doing, but it feels like scum trying to pull attention away from a partner, so that's how I SR you both (you're the stronger sr) and the 2 voting you are my town leans cause that was honestly my reaction
Could you two not have this coaching chat in the scum chat and save me having to read the wall post?

Cheers :nerd:
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Generic »

Hi bug, have a read and give us your thoughts. That’s as good a place to start as any for your first game.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:42 am

Post by Generic »

In fact brightbluebug, I will give you a few bits to be aware of to start you off.
Apologies if this is patronising, just trying to help.

I’ve been mod cleared as town. I’m a role known as the innocent child. Basically my existence makes your pool to find mafia in smaller, but also gives mafia a free hit night 1.

If you are town, you will need to consider who’s lying to you. Which is a lot harder by text but it is not impossible. Human beings are predictable by nature. You need to consider what you know about liars in real life and try and look for tells.

If you are scum, I would ask your scum chat for advice :lol:
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:20 am

Post by Generic »

I want the protective role to aim elsewhere.

Wifom mafia scum, wifom…
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:56 am

Post by Generic »

In post 51, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 49, Generic wrote: I want the protective role to aim elsewhere.

Wifom mafia scum, wifom…

Do you think the scum would go for you and risk not getting a nightkill off, or do you think they’d go for someone unexpected and hope they get a power role? Obviously, lots of WIFOM here, but I’ve never played with an Innocent Child before and I’m not sure what the meta is around them.
In the words of Morpheus…

What if I told you I know there is a town PR in play?

Oh mafia. Please come after me. I dare you.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:57 am

Post by Generic »

In post 52, Black wrote: bob feels town. I like his point re: Andante. Making associations this early kinda feels like they are trying to do too much? Like "hey I'm solving I'm so town"
You know who else is town?

I do.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:03 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 56, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 53, Dannflor wrote:
In post 51, AnimatedWiz wrote:
In post 49, Generic wrote: I want the protective role to aim elsewhere.

Wifom mafia scum, wifom…

Do you think the scum would go for you and risk not getting a nightkill off, or do you think they’d go for someone unexpected and hope they get a power role? Obviously, lots of WIFOM here, but I’ve never played with an Innocent Child before and I’m not sure what the meta is around them.
what are you hoping to learn/achieve by asking Generic this?

I just want to know more about how the meta works here, to be frank—Generic seems like a possible town leader and I don’t want to lose them early if we don’t have to, but I don’t know if we’re really at risk of that either. I think I’m just a bit lost and asking the wrong questions, maybe?
I’m a lot of things… but a leader of men (and black) is not one of them.

As I grow tired I grow unpredictable. The brain is chaos at the best of times… right now I’m keeping the other guy back.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Generic »

Post game I will have a chat with you. For now enjoy the ride
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by Generic »

I feel a little bit at a disadvantage.

Usually my best hunting comes from goading players into interaction. Seeing how people approach a suspicion or town read on me.

But I’m cleared already lol. So everyone is skirting around me or putting me in the town mayor’s chair.

I will have to look at a new tactic. Bear with me.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Generic »

WIFOM = Wine in front of me.

This is basically referring to a mind game with an opponent.

The analogy is this.

You sit down at a table with your sworn enemy. He pours two glasses of wine: he places one glass in front of you. And the other in front of himself.

You know one is poisoned. And you are invited to pick a glass to drink from.

Now was the poisoned wine put in front of you? Seems a bit obvious doesn’t it? So therefore the poisoned wine must be in his glass and he wants you to assume he would put the wine in front of you. But maybe he expected you to think about that.

So where is the poisoned wine?

Hence when we discuss a comment or tactic that is designed to goad the opposition into having to decide which is the trap and which isn’t, we call it WIFOM.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:23 pm

Post by Generic »

In post 84, bob3141 wrote:
In post 81, Charles510 wrote: ok, no more ChatGPT posts, I promise to be me.

brightbluebug, please set up an avatar picture ASAP. That is one of my pet peeves.

I only know one thing, Generic is town. I will sheep wherever he goes. For that reason I am placing my vote on
VOTE: AnimatedWiz
very bad vote

So your saying you arnt trying to solve the game as thats what it looks like. Out side of conf town voting there dont you want to atleast sort that player. As what makes you think gen is even right.
Come on Bob, let’s not fall out, why wouldn’t I be right? :wink:
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:55 pm

Post by Generic »

Oh I know, I was just messing.

You are asking good questions, my apologies if I have interrupted the flow.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Generic »

In post 91, Andante wrote:
In post 84, bob3141 wrote:
In post 81, Charles510 wrote: ok, no more ChatGPT posts, I promise to be me.

brightbluebug, please set up an avatar picture ASAP. That is one of my pet peeves.

I only know one thing, Generic is town. I will sheep wherever he goes. For that reason I am placing my vote on
VOTE: AnimatedWiz
very bad vote

So your saying you arnt trying to solve the game as thats what it looks like. Out side of conf town voting there dont you want to atleast sort that player. As what makes you think gen is even right.
it's hard to explain, but this post feels like scum taking advantage of a bad post from town, gives me flashbacks to me as scum where I'll jump on a bad town post like this...

not saying I TR Charles at all, but that's legit what bob's post here is reminding me of.
I had this same thought but was holding it back to see how it would play out.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #21) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Generic »

I’m going to have to iso black because I feel a sense of coasting from the latest post. I don’t remember her doing that up to now but I don’t remember what she has done. :shrug:
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #22) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Generic »

In post 107, Black wrote:
In post 97, Generic wrote: I’m going to have to iso black because I feel a sense of coasting from the latest post. I don’t remember her doing that up to now but I don’t remember what she has done. :shrug:
that seems like a you problem. i'm not coasting i'm just horribly hungover lol

i'll post more later
Not really a me problem at all when I’m told people are supposed to actually show towny traits rather than coast then get defensive when the mere suggestion of it is made.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #23) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Generic »

I’m old. Events in this game are like fingerprints on an oak handrail… sporadic and fading fast.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:03 am

Post by Generic »

Annoyingly good amount of content on this page just as my eyesight fades for the evening.

Too blurred to read and digest, sorry all. I will pick this back up tomorrow when I’ve slept. I need inspiration on this one.
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #25) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Generic »

VOTE: blackstar
Generic
Generic
Mafia Scum
Generic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #26) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Generic »

I need to look at this latest VC and see the state of this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”