mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Alright folks, I just showed up, and I'll take the time to read through the thread. Lots of familiar faces already, I'm getting a really good meta on some of you now. When I get caught up, I'll contribute.

VOTE COUNT:

vollkan - 4: Xtoxm, orangepenguin, Riceballtail, mrfixij
G-Force - 1: curiouskarmadog
orangepenguin - 1: babygirl86
PyroDwarf - 1: bionicchop2
mrfixij - 1: G-Force

Not voting: Rhinox, Scheherazade, PyroDwarf, Erratus Apathos

7 votes will lynch.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Alright, as of now I can really get behind a bg/vollkan lynch.

I'm really not liking the mason claim, but I think vollkan is a higher priority right now, ESPECIALLY considering the meta we now have on BG.

Rhinox I've noticed did some speculating on the setup of the game, which is something I never advocate. Any suspicion I would have on him would be based solely on policy though, which I'm trying to cut down on after being called out for it in several other games.

There's an exchange around post 251 - 253 which suggests a very moderate chance of a pairing between Gforce and BionicChop. I think I'm just reaching here, but I'm never one to keep suspicions to myself.

This was all just on a very brief read-through. I took a few notes as to areas I want to read more in-depth, and will post additional thoughts once I get more time to.
Also answer to 'e, it, scumbag, 'ey you!, and his royal towniness.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:18 am

Post by mrfixij »

I would personally prefer a claim. I can see that BG is a habitually poor player, but I'm not entirely certain if she is
worse
as scum. My vote was in place before I replaced in, and I'd rather see a claim before I remove it, if I do.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:07 am

Post by mrfixij »

I'm not really a big fan of pyrodwarf right now. I just went back through his posts so far in the game, and he currently has 21 posts. As it is, most of his posts are very... insubstantial. He repeatedly places crosshairs on EA, but fails to press him and basically leaves a vote on him as a "lol IGMEOY" thing. He tried to discount the mason claim. As soon as EA calls pyro out on his attack, pyro changes his line of questioning to X and CKD, but again fails to press them and simply asks superficial questions. He has very short posts, with the exception of this most recent one, which is for all intents and purposes a suspicion list.

I'm known for my policy rants, and I'll try to keep this one short, but at no stage in the game, save for possibly lylo, is a list of all players and your thoughts on them a good thing. The theory behind it is that it is a lot of "material" that makes you seem like you've been paying attention, but ultimately have not and are trying to make it look like you're now contributing.

That said, I still want voll to claim. If we're happy with the claim, I'd like some additional suspicion turned towards pyro. If we're not, we lynch BG/voll.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:31 am

Post by mrfixij »

G-Force wrote:
mrfixij wrote:Alright, as of now I can really get behind a bg/vollkan lynch.

I'm really not liking the mason claim,
but I think vollkan is a higher priority right now, ESPECIALLY considering the meta we now have on BG.

Rhinox I've noticed did some speculating on the setup of the game, which is something I never advocate. Any suspicion I would have on him would be based solely on policy though, which I'm trying to cut down on after being called out for it in several other games.

There's an exchange around post 251 - 253 which suggests a very moderate chance of a pairing between Gforce and BionicChop. I think I'm just reaching here, but I'm never one to keep suspicions to myself.

This was all just on a very brief read-through. I took a few notes as to areas I want to read more in-depth, and will post additional thoughts once I get more time to.
mrfixij wrote:I'm not really a big fan of pyrodwarf right now. I just went back through his posts so far in the game, and he currently has 21 posts. As it is, most of his posts are very... insubstantial. He repeatedly places crosshairs on EA, but fails to press him and basically leaves a vote on him as a "lol IGMEOY" thing.
He tried to discount the mason claim.
As soon as EA calls pyro out on his attack, pyro changes his line of questioning to X and CKD, but again fails to press them and simply asks superficial questions. He has very short posts, with the exception of this most recent one, which is for all intents and purposes a suspicion list.
emphasis mine

So you don't like the mason claim, but you suspect PyroDwarf for trying to discount it? Incidentally, why don't you like the mason claim? I have my suspicions od Pyro myself, and I could see this as scum bussing. My vote was already on Juls, and I'm quite happy leaving it on her replacement.
Indeed, I don't like the mason claim. But I think it's nowhere near the top priority of suspicion. That's one of the things that I need to go back and take another look at. But I've stated my dislike for it, which is different from trying to discredit it. Considering the length and content of pyro's post when he mentioned it, it is obvious that a primary point of 1/21st of his material (just under 5%) is to express a distaste and disbelief for the mason claim. Whereas I, in roughly 3 posts mentioned it once in passing in a quick synopsis of my first impressions of the thread.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:52 am

Post by mrfixij »

Xtoxm wrote:You don't like the mason claim?

You mean, you don't like the fact you've lost two of your planned mislynches?

I am suspicious of these people trying to STILL say me and RBT are scum.

Potentially a better lynch than Volkan, perhaps....
Rhetorical question. Given that masons are mafia without a nightkill (and win with town), you can see just how convenient a mason claim is for scum. At the moment, I think it clears, but masons being outed always gives me a funny feeling.

Also X, why did you pull your vote if all rationale in your post supports keeping it? I don't mean to accuse you, that just doesn't make any sense to me.

I'm starting to get a lot of crosstalk on my scumdar just on this page alone. And I think it all really revolves around who believes and is willing to accept the mason claim. Or perhaps just who remembers it. I think it should take a backburner for now.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Holy hell, didn't even notice this.
PyroDwarf wrote:Wait, what? people are buying the mason claim? I'm not sure i understand. On N0, you guys picked someone at random to attack? Color me confused.
I have never been in a game with masons,how likely is it that they are both scum? Or would that just be way to huge of a gambit for scum to risk?
PyroDwarf wrote:Juls/mrfixij: I was leaning scum on her, tbh. Her page 4 summary was not very helpful, seemd liked forced scum hunting.
SHe focuses on the mason team
, then on the vig. G-force puts on some pressure about her leaving her vote on OP, then she quits. Mrfixij has one post, and its good, so we shall see.
Bold for emphasis. Using a critique for my predecessor that he makes only 5 posts before. Explain yourself, now.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by mrfixij »

bionicchop2 wrote:I am obviously in the 'pyro for scum' fan club, but I think this post from you is off. For one, this is kind of a twist on the same thing you were called out for by G-Force. Also, I actually understand what he was saying in the first post because (I think) RBT made a sarcastic post about being scum and bussing each other which could have been confusing if you don't realize it is sarcasm. I mentioned him missing the sarcasm in my PbPa of Pyro. I think in this case it was pretty obvious the post by RBT just went over his head and I am not sure what you are trying to point out here.
I find the difference in tone and context between my statement about the masons and his to be substantial enough to make them almost apples and oranges. He made it seem that the mason claim was irrational to accept, and expressed astonishment that anyone was buying it. I expressed a general distaste for it, which is completely due to a lack of personal experience with all things mason (Of course, a game I co-host has a mason group recruiter get NK'd N1.) Also, I expressed more in my criticism of Pyro than simply the mason debacle, but the tone and eagerness to lynch the claimed masons is much more drastic than my synopsis where I state a dislike of the claim.

In the end, I stick to my guns in saying that the two are a difference of degree.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:00 am

Post by mrfixij »

Rhinox wrote:@mrfixij: you haven't resonded to my questions in my last post. You hinted at the idea of advocating a policy lynch of me on the grounds that I speculated on the setup. Please show me where I speculated on the setup. I don't believe I have.
I'm dreadfully sorry, I went back through your posts and realized that my initial note was indeed wrong. I believe I'd mistaken repeated reference to having 3 scum as a speculation of setup without having taken care to look at the setup myself, and seeing that the standard scum setup would indeed be three. That was careless reading and a careless accusation on my part, which I now respectfully withdraw.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by mrfixij »

I apologize for my recent lack of activity. Things have been very hectic for me.

As it is, I am still leaning towards a vollkan lynch, if only for BG's meta. Vollkan replaced into a situation where bad play on his predecessor's part nearly sealed his grave. As it is Vollkan, I would much rather have your thoughts on who is and is not scummy, as opposed to trying to justify BG's meta. I know you gave that in your initial synopsis, but since then you're cutting away at strawment in the attack against BG, and failing to provide any significant help in scumhunting. My vote stands. If Vollkan continues to strawman and cease to provide an alternative, I suggest a claim and/or a lynch.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:17 am

Post by mrfixij »

Rhinox wrote:
mrfixij wrote: As it is Vollkan, I would much rather have your thoughts on who is and is not scummy, as opposed to trying to justify BG's meta. I know you gave that in your initial synopsis, but since then you're cutting away at strawment in the attack against BG, and failing to provide any significant help in scumhunting. My vote stands. If Vollkan continues to strawman and cease to provide an alternative, I suggest a claim and/or a lynch.
I completely disagree with you. It is not Volkan's place to simply provide an alternative just to find a way to shift the pressure off of himself. In fact, I would interpret doing so as avoiding the issue and deflecting.
It's not Vollkan's place to provide an alternative. It is his place to contribute if he is town. I don't consider it a good strategy when under pressure to simply defend yourself. In fact, I've seen vollkan debate, he retorts effectively, placing suspicion elsewhere while simultanously defending himself seamlessly. Whereas here, he is not contributing to town, he's contributing to not getting himself lynched.

As for my inactivity, I've been relatively busy IRL. I don't plan on letting that get in my way, but I'll try to keep thoughts posted.

And I don't plan on letting the Pyro issue dissolve, I feel like pyro's most recent post was obviously lacking, and dead-ends the debate as there is no point I have to make that I have yet to do, and Pyro effectively said "No you're wrong" and let it drop. He also failed to read what I said before about the mason claim, and why it is that I didn't like it.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Vollkan, as per usual, we are in the same boat but to a different degree. I'm in the same situation as you except less dire. You replaced in under heavy suspicion, I replaced in shortly later under mild suspicion. Both of these were caused by scummy play from our predecessor. I do commend your defense and consider it very competent. Whether or not it is prudent for town is another matter entirely.

One thing that bought my eye and I'd like to point out is Scheherazade. During this entire babygirl debacle, and in fact, throughout this entire game Scheherazade has failed to procure a vote. The high amount of suspicion cast on BG/Vollkan in his most recent post (#29 sorting through his posts) particularly set me off. I'd like an explanation. I'm sure there's a reason, but stating suspicion that strongly without a vote to back it seems noncommittal and scummy to me.

Also, @ pyro, I've already explained my position on the mason debacle and I don't think that you sufficiently addressed your statement about that claim.
PyroDwarf wrote:Wait, what? people are buying the mason claim? I'm not sure i understand. On N0, you guys picked someone at random to attack? Color me confused.
I have never been in a game with masons,how likely is it that they are both scum? Or would that just be way to huge of a gambit for scum to risk?
The first part is what I'm looking at. It reeks of simultaneous failure to commit and condemnation of the mason claim. The second part I can understand because the mason claim shown here:
Riceballtail wrote:No, it's all just a well organized lie that we did during our N0 communication. We also decided that I should bus Sche, while he defends, so that we can completely get one of us to be a "definitely town", even while the other one is scummy.
Is confusing as all hell.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by mrfixij »

And naturally I hit submit before i finish my thought. I'm not sure about Vollkan, I'm not yet comfortable with a lynch on pyro or schehera, but I do want information out of them, as they're on my backup chopping blocks.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by mrfixij »

To assume that only one player is going to look scummy is extremely erroneous play in my personal opinion. We've got a lot against vollkan and he's still my top suspect. I want information from these people though so that I don't lose it in the thread by the next day, should vollkan get lynched. I'd rather get answers than have unsolved questions to put off for the next day.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:03 am

Post by mrfixij »

I would like to get this back on track. The last page has had a great deal of accusations being thrown around, and a bit of a senseless vote from EA on Bionicchop which seems to be building momentum that I honestly cannot see the case for. So I'd like to go forth and point a few things out.

Scheherazade's case on BG/vollkan. This is excellent. I don't see anybody disputing this case. However, we must realize that Babygirl and Vollkan have the same alignment, as they are the same role. If you think Babygirl is scum, then you MUST think vollkan is scum. If you think vollkan is innocent, then Scheherazade's case against BG may be well-argued and well-founded, but you also claim that it is incorrect. I find the fact that people agree with Scheherazade's arguement and then turn their attention away from or defend vollkan rather questionable.

EA: Could you please explain to me why you have voted Bionicchop?

Pyrodwarf: What the hell is the deal with your aggression on Bionic? Also, why do you focus on the meta arguement and COMPLETELY ignore scheherazade's case? As I stated before, BG and voll are the same role. In fact, I find it interesting that you have completely passed over any evidence incriminating BG or vollkan, and instead focus on strawmanning the weakest parts of the case. What is it exactly that makes you think BG/Voll was innocent and yet Bionic is scum? Is it scummy to push a case that you believe in?

I admit, the vollkan case is slightly intimidating in its scope. I'm trying to cut it down to size for my own benefit as much as I can, and I'm working on forming a solid opinion that will either put the nail in his coffin, or take me off the vote. As it is, my vote stands.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:25 am

Post by mrfixij »

Rhinox wrote:Sche's case is good, but I'm not sure its lynchworthy now that she's been replaced. Since she's replaced out, a lot of the actions can be explained by realizing that she was just a poor, inexperienced player with no real interest in playing the game (hence, the inactivity and quitting). Its difficult to determine whether any of the points sche made point to her being more likely to be scum or town based on both the global meta and her specific meta. I'm fine with letting volkan start with basically a clean slate and letting him shape his own character based on his own actions, but thats never going to happen unless we move past the "should volkan be lynched because of bg" argument.

I think sche's case is where we should have started when bg quit, and not jumped immediately to "ZOMGZ bg quit once while scum!!1!" Either way, I think we would have ended up with the same conclusion
Given the portfolio of games which BG has played and been replaced out of, I find it hard to call her inexperienced. She's more experienced than you or I, at least on this site. She may be a universally poor player, but she is not inexperienced. Letting Vollkan start with a clean slate is a fallacy. Yes, it is a bad thing for him that he can't explain what was going through BG's head, if anything.

But we have to realize that Vollkan is a better player than BG on both sides of the spectrum. If he is, in fact, scum, then he's going to slide his way out of it better than most will. That is why I would like a claim or a lynch, because from every way I see it, BG was scummy. Vollkan carries the same scumminess over from the sheer fact of BG's play, and he cannot justify it because he cannot know why she played the way she did. It's an immense handicap for Voll, but the fact still remains that if you thought BG was scum, you CANNOT let Vollkan's excellent play stand in the way of your first read. If Vollkan is town, then BG's scummy play is null. If BG's scummy play is legitimately scum, then Vollkan's attempts to defend himself are null. End of story.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by mrfixij »

G-Force wrote:mrfixij still looks scummy to me. He keeps parroting "If you thought BG played scummy, then you think volkan is scum!" which is oversimplifying the matter. Its perfectly reasonable to think that BG was scummy, but that volkan should be allowed to live (at least for now) while we pursue other options. I, for one, think that BG's offenses were not the most lynchworthy things that have happened this game. Your attempt to create a false dilemma is noted. Also, while you say that volkan is your preferred lynch, and that pyro and schez are next in line, you continue to attack pyro more aggressively than volk and schez. I had earlier theorized that you were trying to bus your buddy, and nothing so far has changed my oppinion on that.
I have always had a VERY hard time reading vollkan's play, and I was not here in game while babygirl was to witness her actions in context. As it is, I can only go back and view what she said through a post-hoc lens. As such, I can feel that she was scummy, but I don't feel qualified to create a powerful case against her play.

Since Vollkan replaced her, as I just stated, Vollkan gets me wrapped up in thousands of null-reads of his posts, which do not a case make. I haven't been convinced enough of Vollkan's innocence to pull my vote from him, but in the mean time I buy the meta case against BG enough to keep vollkan at the top of my suspect list.

The reason I have targeted Pyro so heavily is because his play is more readable and less neutral. He offers a better read for me and a more prosperous line of questioning than I can draw on Vollkan. Pyro is slowly becoming more suspicious than Vollkan for me, but I still don't want to lose the bead that we had on BG/vollkan.

Also, to call my "parroting" an oversimplification is at best a difference of opinion. It was easier for us to pull tells from BG's play, and much less frustrating, as people have called vollkan's play thus far. If BG had stayed much longer, she'd have easily been lynchalicious. To the extent of my knowledge, there is no role that changes alignment when a player is replaced. As such, if BG was a good lynch, then Vollkan is a good lynch. I don't see how that is incorrect.
Come to think of it, you've recently praised Schez's case as being strong despite your earlier suspicions of him. What is your current position on Schez?
I quickly scanned through my posts, just out of morbid curiosity of what you would be referring to. The only time which I mentioned him was when I brought up that he had failed to procure a vote. When he responded, due to the meta I had on him from concurrent games I'm playing with him and his time on the site thus far, I decided that he was intimidated by who he was playing with, and didn't cast a vote. I still find it strange that he hasn't voted, but that doesn't eliminate the validity of his case.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by mrfixij »

bionicchop2 wrote:I believe this day 1 is reaching a point of diminishing returns.
Diminishing returns: maybe. Loss of momentum: definitely. I'm curious as to why you felt it was necessary to bring this up though. It's as if you're advocating a faster end to D1.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by mrfixij »

I'm trying to piece together in my head some kind of connection between Vollkan and Pyro. Pyro is still very scummy to me, and the way Voll slipped out of a for-sure claim situation was absurd. I'm stuck in a WIFOM as to why and how he did so. As it is, I'm not finding what I'm looking for yet involving pyro, but I think Vollkan's comment on "out of context" quotes that I used against pyro in Voll's PBPA are a start for Vollkan's side of the story, and pyro's complete refusal to consider BG/vollkan as scum explains his side.

Of course, this is still weak. I'm going back and trying to find more. I'm getting a strong vibe about both though.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by mrfixij »

vollkan wrote:I've already explained my decision not to claim. I am of the view that claiming is basically an "any last words" sort of thing. Seeing as I hadn't even gotten to rebutting the case against me, it struck me as, well, absurd to think that I should claim in such a situation. I've seen enough premature claims in my time on this site to know there is nothing wrong with holding back.

Also, it was actually Bio who brought up the whole point about the quotes being out of context. And, in any event, I hardly see why pointing out something like that should be at all problematic.
At this point, I'm looking for material. If I get a case, I'll present it. As it is, I've been silent these past few days because I haven't been able to find it, and when I noticed something funny, I pointed it out (re: Biochop). Then Schez asked for my opinions, and I explained what I've been thinking so far.

I figure the odds of ONE of you two being scum are pretty good. After reading the mason claim post-replacement, Pyro struck me as funny as I've already explained. Being that you were in the spotlight and pyro refused to take action on you made me more suspicious of him, and curious as to a pairing, or a forced pairing. As it is, it looks like a forced/framed pairing, under the assumption that pyro is scum, but I want to be sure before I let you off the hook vollkan.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Oh wow, i didn't even realize how long this had been going on for before I replaced in. If Vollkan isn't our man, I advocate a pyro lynch as well.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by mrfixij »

****, I knew it. God dammit! I just HAD to make sure, didn't I?

unvote

vote: pyro

Reasons already explained, I've been suspicious from the start, and that was a nice time to place that vote.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Great, now we have a decision to make. Either one of you two are lying, or we have two doctors, which makes for an interesting closed game.

Vollkan, it was pretty damn obvious that you were SOMETHING, and you didn't want to claim because of it. You may as well have just painted a gigantic crosshair on your forehead with the caption "NK ME SCUM"

As for Bio, I caught that. I don't give you enough credit as a scum player to breadcrumb a fakeclaim that early.

I think we may have 2 doctors. For some reason i'm inclined to believe vollkan's claim. It certainly explains why BG was playing so terribly (doctor advocates bad play, or so I've read) and why Vollkan has been so slippery.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by mrfixij »

I support that suggestion RBT. About pyro, not VTs. Like I've repeated ad nauseum, he's been acting pretty damn scummy as far as I can tell.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote:I still think pyro is scum also. Look at the weak chainsaw he put on me and then the vote switch to vollkan last minute when momentum was shifting back towards lynching him.

Now that I have confirmation of my suspicions on vollkan, I will try to find any possible pairings to help for tomorrow.
it cant be that i'm getting tired of having walls of text everywhere i look or having d1 suspicions streched to their breaking...
I wouldnt be suprised if niether of you were the doc...
That would be the dumbest possible scum/town move possible IMO. The scary part is that it might actually work.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by mrfixij »

If Voll turns doc, bio is high priority. Not necessarily instant lynch.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Xtoxm: don't you think that vollkan's hesitation to claim hinted at a power role? Not to mention that Bio basically claimed before with his breadcrumbing which was ridiculously obvious. Both hinted at a power role prior. I agree that voll is more likely scum than bio, but one way or the other we are lynching a CLAIMED DOC.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Makes sense Xto.

unvote
vote: vollkan
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Schehera, could you please vote, even if it's not for voll? Just the sheer lack of vote has me curious is all.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #29) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:01 am

Post by mrfixij »

I still don't like Pyro. Between being doc and the aggression on Pyro at the last second, Bio was the ideal NK for scum pyro.

vote pyro
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 am

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:
mrfixij wrote:I still don't like Pyro. Between being doc and the aggression on Pyro at the last second, Bio was the ideal NK for scum pyro.

vote pyro
ummm claiming doc would draw a scum anybody nk anyways....
I don't see how that can be linked to me at all.
Yeah he was looking at me, but so were you.
Anyways, I thought OP may have been SK, but looks like rhinox was.
If RBT was a mason, would it have shown in his death scene?
I'm thinking no, since mason isn't really a power role as much as it is a trait, like miller. Also, scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:37 am

Post by mrfixij »

Xtoxm wrote:Nice kill OP, I was hoping he'd die at night, but I didn't want to direct your kill.

I'd have thought RBT would be revealed as Mason, that's kinda odd. Guess it's a hidden property.

Wonder why Rhinox killed him instead of me...

Anyway, I do actually have an intended lynch target for today, but not sure I should say it yet...
What would be the purpose of holding back a lynch target?
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (isolation #32) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:42 am

Post by mrfixij »

So you're saying that it isn't a lynch target for today then? If that's so, then we lynch pyro. He's obv scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #33) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 am

Post by mrfixij »

Xtoxm wrote:Cleared townies have to keep their cards closer to their chests than others, because if me and OP were to be detailed about our suspicions it just basically tells scum exactly who to kill.
You're making me facepalm so hard right now. Unless scum has a daykill, then you're of equal threat to scum no matter what. Besides, pyro is our lynch today, so it couldn't hurt to tell who you think is next.

So let's lynch it.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:52 am

Post by mrfixij »

Going to be away the rest of today. My message won't change. scum, lynch, etc. Our only question is who the next lynch is.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:17 am

Post by mrfixij »

I've had a minor scum gut on EA too, but I'm not nearly as sure of it as I am of pyro. Everything that he's playing doesn't add up to anything but scum, especially the late term vollkan bus. I was against him all of D1, and he was agreed to be our second lynch IIRC.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (isolation #36) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 am

Post by mrfixij »

Also, consider the end day yesterday. Pyro leaves the wagon vollkan wagon right after me, and hops back on as soon as it builds momentum again. EA was the semi-hammer which is strange timing and reeks of a last minute bus. But Pyro was waiting for the opportunity of momentum, thinking that a doc claim would stop the lynch and not wanting to be on his scumbuddy's lynch unless he had to bus.

EA can wait for tomorrow. I can't think of any reason not to lynch scumro.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #37) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:25 am

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:
mrfixij wrote:I've had a minor scum gut on EA too, but I'm not nearly as sure of it as I am of pyro. Everything that he's playing doesn't add up to anything but scum, especially the late term vollkan bus. I was against him all of D1, and he was agreed to be our second lynch IIRC.
Agreed to be our second lynch? Looks like you are seeing someone that doesn't agree with you and you want to use a previous "commitment" to get your way.
Looks like you're a scum using a semantic to weasel your way out of being lynched.

Also, I'm angry that the past 2 pages of votals haven't included EA in the voting or not voting category. Also notable is that he was on the bionic wagon with Pyro.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:29 am

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:you are the one saying I should be lynched because it was "agreed upon" on day one! Semantics...
The second mason (who happens to now be dead) was backing your lynch as a substitute for vollkan's. Either way we would have pinned scum. In my present bloodlust, I didn't bother to go back and check the record, I just remembered that there was a suggestion to lynch you instead of voll, which makes you the backup lynch. Btw, you're scum.

Also Xtoxm: Yes I defeat my own arguement, except for the fact that I know I am town.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:33 am

Post by mrfixij »

Xtoxm wrote:I didn't accuse you of being scum.
But my point is that it's a scumtell. However, I know that it doesn't apply to me because of my alignment. I know that it does apply to pyro because of his alignment.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:37 am

Post by mrfixij »

It's possible for a town player to make a scummy move. It's more likely that a scum player will make a scummy move. Pyro is scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #41) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:45 am

Post by mrfixij »

I'm quite certain you're wrong, but I must be leaving. Be back in 9 hours.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Before you leave, you need to vote for Pyro.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:okay, we understand you think I'm scum. Telling people to vote for me when they wont be able to remove their vote? What happend to providing arguments for your case and such? I know that tunnel vision =/= scum, but when does the methods used by the "tunnler" move from "narrow sighted townie" into "scum with a good chance of myslynch".
I'm sure you won't drop my wagon untill some one comes out and says "i am scum".
That or some one got a guilty cop investigation last night.

I won't bore you with my individual reads on people, honestly I'm thinking CKD, but I don't want to pick on some one that isnt going to be here for a week.
I'll give mrfixij the bennifit of the doubt, and avoid omgus, but i dont like how he is trying to get my wagon going.
Of course you don't like the way I'm going about this, you're scum.

A self-admission of scum will get me to change my vote, you're right. A cop with a claimed guilty will also get me to change my vote. Maybe even a rock solid case will get me to change my vote. But that just means that you're the next lynch. You're scum, scummy scum scum mc scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #44) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:56 am

Post by mrfixij »

EA: That certainly does make CKD look scummy. We can go after him tomorrow, today is Pyro. I'm not letting this scum slip through our hands.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #45) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:23 am

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:If he thought I was more scummy than CKD, he would have voted for me.
i belive you are trying to play up suspicions from Bio and you yourself into my lynch today. For the time being, I will belive that you are just tunnel visioned on me.
If ckd is also scummy, why not go after him? You might get some support, as EA is already voting him and xtoxm voiced some minor concern about him.
@OP: What made me one of your choices?
Allow me to answer this question for OP.

You're scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #46) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Why is Pyro not being lynched yet?

confirm vote: pyro

VOTE COUNT:

Erratus Apathos -1: Xtoxm
Pyrodwarf - 1: mrfixij
curiouskarmadog - 1: Erratus Apathos

Not voting: Scheherazade, curiouskarmadog, orangepenguin, PyroDwarf, G-Force

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes for a lynch.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #47) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:46 pm

Post by mrfixij »

The above is a WIFOM game from scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:53 am

Post by mrfixij »

We don't know who your scumbuddy is, so you're offering opinions on players to mess with our heads.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by mrfixij »

This is very unproductive to town, keeping pyro alive.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #50) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by mrfixij »

orangepenguin wrote:
I don't think Pyrodwarf is an option period
, at least right now. I think mrfixij is the best place for my vote right now though. It's kind of sad that nobody is posting anymore. Perhaps they are still away cause of the holidays?
Please explain your train of thought.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #51) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:47 am

Post by mrfixij »

Xtoxm wrote:Way I see it, fix will force a mislynch on Pyro when me and OP are gone, so today is basically lylo.
Wait, what?

First off, that doesn't make any sense. When you and OP are gone? AFAIK, there's only 2 possible NKs tonight. 1 from OP, our vig, and 1 from scum. So how will you AND OP be gone and today be lylo?

Secondly, a lynch on pyro is not a mislynch.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #52) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by mrfixij »

curiouskarmadog wrote: couple questions, mrfix, you posted but completely ignored gforce's case..thoughts on that?
That's because it's not even a case. It's a bunch of post-hoc garbage that is sidetracking town from the proper lynch, and thusly giving me a ton of information.

I had a vote on pyro for a good part of the day prior. Despite my hesitation to lynch vollkan, the sheer fact that regardless of my target, I had my vote on scum is good enough in my eyes. I admit, my logic that I've been posting to back a pyro lynch isn't great. But I figure since I had a valid case on him yesterday that was never fully addressed, we can pick it up from there. Not to mention the fact that he's lynchalicious scum.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (isolation #53) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:29 am

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:
mrfixij wrote:Despite my hesitation to lynch vollkan, the sheer fact that regardless of my target, I had my vote on scum is good enough in my eyes.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say here.
You know what I'm trying to say here. When I wasn't voting vollkan, I was voting you. My vote was on scum the entire time.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #54) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by mrfixij »

CKD can wait for tomorrow. Pyro is today.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #55) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by mrfixij »

orangepenguin wrote:Saying something repeatedly doesn't make it so. In Mafia, it's called tunnel vision.
I'd be more than happy to claim that I have tunnel vision if it gets pyro lynched.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:23 am

Post by mrfixij »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
mrfixij wrote:CKD can wait for tomorrow. Pyro is today.
Can you show that Pyro is more likely to be scum than a confirmed liar?
Yes I can.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by mrfixij »

@EA, I'd rather have some more discussion today before I play my trump card.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Before night rolls around, since it's now L-1 on CKD and we have 2 votes without explanation, I figure I'll explain myself since it's pretty damn obvious why I'm chasing pyro.

Cop, guilty on pyro.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by mrfixij »

Doctor? Where are you getting that from?
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Post by mrfixij »

We can't forget about schez either, but I don't think he's scum. No hard evidence to back it up though. The hammer on vollkan with no vote prior seems like good evidence.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #61) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:42 am

Post by mrfixij »

PyroDwarf wrote:DPE:
Any tips on scum hunting in general, I'm still pretty noob when it comes to that. Town and scum advice welcome.
There's generally two ways to scumhunt, and it all comes down to personal playing style.

Proactive: You take gambits, you start prodding around and you do it a LOT. You read over every post twice. Anything that seems remotely off you bring up. You take notes on every person's stance whenever it's said. And then when you find a big shift (IE, EA's case on CKD), you lay down a monster case. The big problem with this approach is that you are often accused of having tunnel vision or jumping focus, and it puts you in the limelight. It's very effective at keeping everyone on their toes though.

Passive: You let other people do most of the talking for you. Meanwhile, you're still taking notes and looking for slipups. However, you don't try to pry open scum, you wait for them to mess up without you causing it and then strike. It's easier for a scum to do this, but you also remain more under the radar usually. This is a better way to not be obvtown and avoid getting NK'd.
mrfixij
mrfixij
Goon
mrfixij
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #62) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by mrfixij »

One more thing that you could have done to keep yourself alive longer is claim miller as SOON as you see the guilty on you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”