Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #583 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:57 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Hi all, I have read the thread once through but will probably do so again - typically, you two who are left with me are the ones I got the least thorough reads on. My gut from the first read is leaning towards Trumpet but I don't want to go on gut at this stage. I'll reread both of you individually, that might give me a bit more help.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #585 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Is Lindisfarne with us?

So my notes from my first read through, regarding caf and Trumpet/Lindis, are mostly focused on "looked town day 1" and "so...much...inactivity" respectively. I'm trying to decide to what, if any, extent Trumpet's disappearances were a tactic.

caf, was there a case on you around day 2ish? I seem to recall one. Can you remind me about it?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #586 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Also, caf, I'm a little surprised that there was no comment from you at the start of today. As the only player who isn't a new replacement, you have a unique position to really help focus the discussion today onto your suspicions. Do you have suspicions?
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #590 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 am

Well, I've read twice and I am really struggling. I'm reading caf as slight town more because I don't see much in the way of poor logic than because I see a particular virtue, but the problem is that there's just been so little activity of any kind from Trumpet/Lindisfarne that it's hard to get any kind of contrasting read on him. I eagerly await the replacement.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #594 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:37 am

You are correct, you're replacing Lindisfarne who replaced Trumpet of Doom.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #607 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:27 am

Mastin wrote:Also, Channel, I saw you just post in another thread; why don't you pay this game a little visit?
I'm just waiting for you to finish your posting rampage before I try to tackle it... ;)
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #611 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 am

Mastin wrote:You'll be waiting a while. I've got a lot to analyze this game.
We have time...
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #623 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:51 am

Got my prod, just wanted to let you know that I am still here and working on my analysis. RL has gotten in the way of me posting anything substantial, if at all, in all of my games at the moment, which you are welcome to check to confirm.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #627 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 am

I'm going out in about an hour and a half, but I'm starting my analysis post and it will be up tomorrow. So plenty of time.

Also, my username is generally abbreviated to CDB.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #630 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Mastin wrote:Channel's cutting it close. "Tomorrow" ends in five hours and will have reached the 24-hour mark. (Of course, knowing the loose definition of "Tomorrow", I'd still give him another 12 or so hours, and if no post by then, Channel was lying about "tomorrow" for sure.)
I am in GMT+1. I've just woken up after sleeping in. (It's 12:43 PM) Working on the post now.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #631 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:32 am

OK, let's look at Trumpet of Doom.

His first post that isn't a random vote is post 90, on page 4. By this time Nocmen and magnus were engaged in a big argument, which was the issue
du jour
. Post 90 fails to comment on this.

His second post is 125 on page 6. It announces some upcoming V/LA. Still no content yet, but some is promised within three or four days.

Third post is 186 on page 8. He's back, promises a post the next day.

His next post is 193, also on page 8. Defends lurking accusation, explaining he has been away for 5 days with band. Fair enough. Does not mention his lack of posts in the early pages, even when there were things to comment on. Claims his style is "sit back, let things happen and analyse for a distance" until much later in the game. Well that's promising. No comment on anyone else but himself yet.

His first content post is 212, on page 9. Throwaway comment on the Nocmen/magnus argument ("Nocmen's not great, but it seems to have been cleared up". Cutting insight there). Expresses suspicion of Walnut for playing people off against each other and votes. Fair enough. Says no opinion on Phily (me) because he fits his meta. Hypocritically accuses RBT of lurking (acknowledges he has been lurking, but still a hypocrite). Says magnus/Dourgrim are probably both town. OK post, but no detail, no comment on many people (for a 9-page catch up. hmm) and hypocrisy.

Post six, 260, is on page 11. Now says the band V/LA is ongoing indefinitely. He didn't mention this before. You'd think this would mean he would take the opportunity to comment on as much as possible when he did have access, but all he does in this post is suggest that Phily is maybe playing a bit differently to when he saw him as town, but stresses that it's probably not enough to
really
be suspicious.

Post 290, on page 12. Also does nothing except to clarify that he actually meant that Phily is doing slightly different things but the net result is the same. So, I guess, it's not important after all. Which essentially makes this and the previous post completely
sans
comment. Great.

Doesn't comment again on Day 1, leaving his vote on Walnut as the town mislynches.

His eighth post is 381 (nearly 100 posts after his last), on page 16, at the start of Day 2. Again says "yeah, I know, I'm not posting. I'll try to improve but who really knows" (I paraphrase), makes unimportant kill flavour speculation and declines to comment further until BB shows up. Incredible that he chooses not to comment on all the action he missed.

Ninth post is 389, makes the obvious Isacc vote. Exactly what he should be doing (what everyone should be doing) but still no comment on what he missed, or anyone else in the game.

400 at the top of page 17 is, to be fair, a good post, my predecessor changed his position on power role evidence in scumhunting. Knowing as I do that he made this change as town, I can only assume that madeofphail decided, when the whole Isacc/B_B thing came up between his posts, that power role evidence could have an important effect and so realised he was originally wrong.

His eleventh post is 412 on page 17, at the start of Day 3. Follows through with his phailvote, fair enough I suppose. He also tries to conjure up a Philybus attempt on Isacc's behalf without corresponding evidence.

419 straddles the fence athletically on SSK ("he's not great (other people's evidence) [
I'll lynch him if he gets a wagon
] but there are scummier players [
If he turns up town I wasn't on the case!
]").

462 on page 19 is the next post, in which he's changed viewpoints again (Seraphim was apparently the scummiest player in the game rather than madeofphail). Doesn't say anything else (apart from criticising mod-confirmed Seraphim anyway).

465 reaffirms his phailvote. Also stresses how he would have voted Seraphim before the claim, seems like he's trying to be clear that he's in line with everyone else.

471 adds VI play to madeofphail's list of scummy traits, apparently. His confusion about the Innocent Child role screams newbtown/VI. Seriously.

And then, out of nowhere, in 500 at the top of page 21, he decides madeofphail is suddenly town and their whole disagreement is theory. That's an astonishing switch, and one that looks like it's been made because SSK is more likely to be lynched, and is duly accompanied by an SSK vote. Yes, I'm criticising him for deciding my predecessor was town. The circumstances are terrible.

507 is his seventeenth post, at the start of Day 4. Goes right out of the gate in LyLo with his KoC vote, using flimsy logic based on Isacc's scumlist. Looks like an excuse to bus KoC and turn back to caf/madeofphail the next day, because obviously no scum would bus their partner in LyLo. -_-

509 reaffirms his silly scumlist logic.

511 engages in some nightkill WIFOM, and asks the pointless "are you scum?" question. In my experience scum ask this question more than town, because it looks all clever and ironic but never has any real interrogational value.

517, his twentieth post, admits his Isacc scumlist argument is actually just WIFOM.

518 says it again.

522 says how outguessing what Isacc was trying to do is a big pile of WIFOM,
but tries to outguess him anyway
. Planting seeds in peoples' minds but making disclaimers if they lead in bad directions. It's scum tactics.

528, twenty-third post, at the top of page 22, is the standard addendum to KoC claim.

533 claims townie.

537 says "actually there could be a case on any of you" - wow. Sounds like he's waiting for someone else to make the case so he can agree with it and jump on.

538 just looks like an agreed bus between him and KoC.

542 also.

550, twenty-eighth, at the top of page 23, bumps the thread, asks for a phailprod. Nothing to see here.

553 introduces a somewhat weird system, collating who people think is scum. Apparently not trying to push his own argument any more, just going with whatever everyone else thinks. If I was in LyLo, I would not be allowing other people, including those I thought were scum, to help make the decision. He's just abdicating responsibility here.

557, thirtieth post, reveals the top two, who end up being the same as his anyway. Doesn't make up for the system he's created.

In 559 he's apparently considering the process-of-elimination method suggested by one of the two players he supposedly thinks are the scum. If he really thought phail was scum, then he should be worried about any new plan that he proposed, thinking that phail thinks he can escape suspicion that way.

562 pokes KoC.

565 admits to lurking Day 1 but for some reason rejects the logic that we should be wary of his greater posting amount late game. That's kind of why scum lurk, to cruise through the early game and seize control later when there are less players and he looks better for posting more.

566 reaffirms his KoC vote, and this is his last (thirty-fourth) post before replacing out.

So, that's all for Trumpet. Thirty-four posts in 23 pages, but
twenty-seven
of those were in the last 7 of those. Trumpet's behaviour is not consistent of town who suspects phail, but it's very consistent with lurkerscum who comes out of the woodwork late game when he thinks he can win.

Vote: Mastin
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #643 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:45 pm

Thank god for that. My predecessors (madeofphail particularly) were obvscum and I just couldn't find any angle to get out of that. Really didn't want to just give up and vote myself, though, for the sake of the integrity of the game, so thanks caf for putting me out of my misery.

Well played both of you, particularly to Mastin whose mammoth case gave me absolutely no wriggle room.

(Though I would still like to note that, while 99% of my case on Trumpet was complete bullshit, I was never implying that V/LA was scummy. My point was that there were times were he was active
without
announced V/LA, and that was suspicious [though, obviously, it wasn't. I just don't want anyone thinking I'm voting people for being V/LA >_>])
#greenshirtthursdays

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”