Mini 930:Morning People Mafia (Game Over!)

Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Deer »

Okay I'm here, a few words before I start - I only have my iPod as Internet until Friday so don't expect many posted quotes or huge textwalls until then - i'll try to refer to post numbers if I can. secondly, SSS, I'm really sorry about that game, but there were some pretty big RL things that came up, I do feel bad about it.

I agree with fallen's view on meta, though - if a player plays differently as scum vs. how they play as town, that can be easily seen. it's a pretty good tool but not something you should base a whole case on, though.

Not a fan of RVS either, so I'll answer your questions: as far as playstyle goes, I'm relatively new so I'm still trying to figure it out. my first game as newbtown I was far too defensive and appeasing so I still gotta work that out. I like playing as town much better than scum - something about the sense of security and the non-lying that happens just makes me more comfortable.

and I don't know if anybody has asked this yet, but nobody special, can you get
an avatar? just makes it waaaay easier.

Syke: I'm counting this as you telling me you're V/LA
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by Deer »

you can do that syke but I'll still get on and post, don't worry.

Syke: "Limited Access" (All it means is I wont blame you if it takes you a little longer to post)
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Deer »

Well I'm not worried about being lynched three pages in, and a couple of those votes were just RVS votes. Early bandwagons, I think, say a lot about players - I've never been a fan, but some people do play by just bandwagoning and pressuring certain players. So I don't feel bad about the votes, if people really do want to lynch me this early in the game that's just ridiculous.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Deer »

I think there's a good possbility there is one (or more) scum on the wagon, yes. And I'm confused, do you want me to roleclaim? what is this "gambit?"
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Deer »

oh sorry, made my post before I could see that last one.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by Deer »

Well it's really hard to say at this point in time, people really haven't talked enough. Of the people on my wagon, smashbro comes off as the scummiest for using meta as an excuse to hop aboard the wagon.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by Deer »

Meta helps but it's certainly not as good as scumhunting. jbernier, what are your thoughts on the game so far?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:32 pm

Post by Deer »

Hmm. Well, I'm personally okay with fallen's "gambit," but here's what I think could have happened: fallen places his vote, rzhang sees there's some sort of bandwagon happening, hops on. his vote is seen as scummy, he has to back up and pretend like he knew what fallen was doing the whole time to defend himself, which I'm pretty sure he didn't. he made that post only after fallen explained himself to the the town. Putting me at L-1 (which i think I wasn't ever at anyways, haha) for no reason doesn't really help the town. I'm not satisfied at all with his explanation of trying to help the gambit work - it just seems like retroactive justification to me. And now he's talking about whether this game will be "gambit friendly" as if he has a whole bunch of experience on the site.

I do like the fact SSSS got off the wagon, though.

chauchau, I'm pretty sure you have me confused with water_foul, by the way.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Post by Deer »

So, rzhang, your defense for your scummy actions is that they started the game and acted as a catalyst, and therefore, they were not scummy at all? I'm sorry, that just doesn't hold water. Whether or not they got discussion started, your vote on me came out of nowhere and with no reasoning at the time. That is scummy.

vote: rzhang
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by Deer »

The not fakeclaiming also falls under "lynch all liars," a strategy I happen to agree with.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 pm

Post by Deer »

The thing is, rzhang, your explanations have not been about why you are town and not scum. That's what this game is about. No one cares if your actions started discussion in the game - it's not a viable defense.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Deer »

I think you're wrong about lynch all liars, rzhang, but there's a time and place for discussing that, not here.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by Deer »

The gambit was filled with WIFOM, and I don't think it could have been used to make a solid scum case on anyone. That being said, I don't find fallen scummy for having attempted it. what I do find scummy, though, is rzhang's defense of his vote on me and the fact that right now, he is basically refusing to scumhunt by not telling us who his top suspect is.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Deer »

based off of the mafia goals, they could put through a quick lynch on deer sue to a simple missvote. I'm saying that strategy wise, of course mafia would stay on. is it not the point of the game to analyze the other player's strategy and based what alignment you believe them to be off of this
This isn't necessarily true - I don't want to sound egotistical or anything here but I probably wasn't going to be lynched, at least at that time. Quicklynching on me would be a complete obvious scumtell. Leaving your vote on me wouldn't have done much, and unvoting on the wagon is essentially a WIFOMy nulltell.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Deer »

SSSS's (lots of S's there haha) actions certainly don't look good but I'm not willing to let my suspicions of rzhang go competely out the window just because SSSS has been scummy of late. I still think rzhang's moves with the gambit and whatnot were worse.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Deer »

Fitz, I'm also going to sway towards cornered scum on rzhang's replacing. It's a hard situation to get oneself out of - he looks pretty bad in my eyes right now.

nobodyspecial, what do you think about SSSS? why do you not include him in your FoS's?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Deer »

Smashbro wrote:right now, rz is not my top suspect anymore, but I'm still going to keep an eye on his slot. I have a couple other suspicions, but I'll keep most of them to myself for now, since I dont want scum to be able to clean up their act if they see suspicion on them.
I understand where you're coming from on this, but I always have found this argument to be bogus. Townies need to scumhunt and show their suspicions - keeping them to yourself helps nobody.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Deer »

TeWuicah, do you find lurking a scumtell?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Deer »

(Hint: that means you guys need to post more frequently!)
That's fairly hypocritical to say, don't you think?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by Deer »

Deer - Other then rz who's your next most likely to be scum candidate?
That's a pretty good question. Not a huge fan of SSSS's play, but Nobody Special has been active lurking quite a bit. If he keeps posting content-less posts like he has been, probably him.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Post by Deer »

What's your thoughts on water_foul then? Who has openly admitted to not just lurking, but active lurking?
Well, at least he's admitted to it. It seems to me like he's just a busy-in-RL town so far. I wish he wasn't lurking, of course, but what else can you do?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Deer »

Honestly, you are so scummy that, once you die, if you flip town, I will eat a sock.
Then why had you not voted him earlier, JB? I find it hard to believe that just him saying "feel free to wagon on me" gets you to say that above quote.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:52 pm

Post by Deer »

hello, dragonfly13! Finally we have a replacement for rzhang. I know it's a tough position to be in right now, but what are your thoughts on your predecessor's behavior? What are your thoughts on the game right now? Top suspects?
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Deer »

Very Town
rz/DF
This kind of irritates me, when a player calls themselves pro-town (or in your case "very town"). Most of your post kind of bothers me, actually, DF - lots of weird stuff going on. I'd like to hear what these ties and connections you've found out are.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Deer »

Okay, I'm going to do this. Dragonfly has swayed me away from thinking rzhang's spot is scum, and like I said before, SSSS looks to be the next most likely scum.

unvote, vote: SSSS
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:51 pm

Post by Deer »

You were on rz all game and your switch from dragon to smash was extremely abrupt. ISO 23 makes it seem as if you're leaning towards dragon being scum still, yet in ISO 24 you suddenly proclaim him swayed from scum spot. Given how hard you were on rz all game I just found it odd how easily you switched over when given the chance to hammer.
RZ looked very scummy, and dragonfly's one post he made (the one with the town to scum list) didn't look great either. But, once he started posting after that, I started getting a town read from him. SSSS kind of OMGUS-ing on DF didn't look good for him either.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”