Mini 973: "Bawhston" Brawl (WHAT A WIN!)

Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Sun May 16, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by Slepz »

PGO is a tough role to play, but I feel like the most pro-town way to play it would be to attract as little attention as possible from all, only claiming if you begin to look suspicious to the town. SK was my immediate first thought when I saw the claim, but I now see how the claim
could
be beneficial to the town. Maybe the mafia will test the claim tonight and, assuming you aren't a cop or something, it's a pro-town move. Rather risky, though, and I feel it's unwarranted this early in the game. SK or scum seems more likely to me right now, so I'll
Vote: Hoopla
Jugez si vous irez faire. Nous tous allons mourir. J'ai l'intention de le m├â┬®riter.
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (isolation #1) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Slepz »

reckoner wrote:Tempted to vote Slepz.
Please explain.

@Furry post 53: Points 1, 2, and 5 are flimsy, and point 4 I disagree with. That was a perfectly legitimate question. As for point 3, yes fitz seemed a bit scummy.
gwynplaine wrote: Consider whether that sort of behavior wouldn't make the PGO more likely to be targetted by certain town PRs.
I think it would attract more attention from the mafia, but I suppose it is a risk.
inflatable wrote:havingfitz, meanwhile, just jumps on the Hoopla wagon after gaining some votes with no further explanation to his unvote. This was also after Hoopla voted fitz - countervoting always twitches my scumdar a bit.
I don't think really get concerned about bandwagoning until someone's put at L-2. Right now he's just putting some pressure.

So in summary, I admit fitz's behavior seems a bit scummy, but I feel that a PGO is too big a risk. If it were possible to confirm through investigation it would be a great town asset, but as it is not I feel Hoopla is the best lynch choice.
Jugez si vous irez faire. Nous tous allons mourir. J'ai l'intention de le m├â┬®riter.
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #2) » Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Slepz »

reckoner wrote:Tempted to vote Slepz.
Please explain.

@Furry post 53: Points 1, 2, and 5 are flimsy, and point 4 I disagree with. That was a perfectly legitimate question. As for point 3, yes fitz seemed a bit scummy.
gwynplaine wrote: Consider whether that sort of behavior wouldn't make the PGO more likely to be targetted by certain town PRs.
I think it would attract more attention from the mafia, but I suppose it is a risk.
inflatable wrote:havingfitz, meanwhile, just jumps on the Hoopla wagon after gaining some votes with no further explanation to his unvote. This was also after Hoopla voted fitz - countervoting always twitches my scumdar a bit.
I don't think really get concerned about bandwagoning until someone's put at L-2. Right now he's just putting some pressure.

So in summary, I admit fitz's behavior seems a bit scummy, but I feel that a PGO is too big a risk. If it were possible to confirm through investigation it would be a great town asset, but as it is not I feel Hoopla is the best lynch choice.
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:45 am

Post by Slepz »

nikanor wrote:Slepz, I don't think you've actually explained to us how a PGO is risky to the town. Care to do so now?
PGO is not risky, it's beneficial. Unconfirmed (and unconfirmable) PGO is. Any number of scum could hide behind that mask.
hoopla wrote:You are using the 'WELL, SHE COULD BE' logic, that applies to EVERYONE on day 1. The fact I have claimed a role doesn't alter this - this is what policy lynches are. They are lynches that don't hit scum more often than not. If you think I am more likely to be fakeclaiming, then that is a scumtell and I'd appreciate you explaining your reasons why my claim is likelier to be fake.
Well actually I'm using the 'WELL, SHE IS MORE LIKELY TO BE' logic, as you've pretty much confirmed that you are either PGO or scum. Everybody else could be any number of pro-town roles which I would like to avoid lynching.
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Tue May 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Slepz »

Gwynplaine wrote:
Slepz wrote:PGO is not risky, it's beneficial. Unconfirmed (and unconfirmable) PGO is. Any number of scum could hide behind that mask.
This makes no sense. The circumstances under which a living player could be confirmed as a Paranoid Gun Owner are vanishingly rare. (In fact, I can only think of one that could occur in a normal game, and that would require outing at least two other town PRs.)

Vote: Slepz
I understand that it is unconfirmable; I said so in my post. This intrinsic property is what makes it so bad.

reckoner wrote:This whole post basically flips back and forth on "It's town. It could be pro-town. It's risky. It's not pro-town. It's SK or scum. Lemme vote the PGO claim." The majority of this post is spent rationalizing how Hoopla's claim could be pro-town, then Slepz slaps down a vote without explaining why he thinks SK or scum seems more likely. Probably because, were he SK or scum, getting the PGO lynched would be beneficial for him so that he wouldn't have to worry about not being about to NK her.
Now you're mixing up what I said. As a PGO, you logically might choose to claim. That
could
be pro-town. I'm not saying she is a PGO, simply that if she
were
it would be an understandable choice. I think Hoopla is scum or SK because it seems the better move for the town would have been to not attract the attention of pro-town powers and maybe wait a bit. Your problem, reckoner, is that you are mixing together my comments on the reasoning of the claim and the validity of the claim. To clarify, I can see the reason behind claiming if she is PGO, but I question the validity.
Slepz
Slepz
Goon
Slepz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #5) » Sun May 23, 2010 10:12 am

Post by Slepz »

spontaneously appearing via ipod touch on random wifi. Sorry I forgot to inform of may-long vacation, but will be back tuesday.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”