Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

/confirmed that I have received my role.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:39 am

Vote jasonT1981

Avatar looks similar to the actress Lindsey Lohan (I could be wrong, thought).
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:58 am

@foolbert (Post #34): What was the purpose of your vote? It looks pretty serious, but I'm not seeing why you find that post scummy. If it truly wasn't random, please clarify your reason for voting 0x1de.

@The Butterfly: Your posts are a bit hard to read. Could you please clean up your grammer?
foobert wrote:Is there not enough content at this point to come up with more substance?
At that time, there was very little information to go on, aside from The Butterfly's rolefishing accustion (by jasonT1981). More has come and I'm willing to look more into it.
foobert wrote:Sarcasm (and hence confusion) is anti-town.
That's a ridiculous reason for calling something anti-town. Now granted, I'm probably a bit too serious at times, but saying that sarcasm is anti-town is far fetched.
Exilon wrote:Not voting on RVS = drawing attention.
It is contradictory that you do not want to RVS because you don't want to draw attention, when RVS'ing is the only true way to blend in.
RVS is not the only choice for starting out the game. For example, if I was up early enough, I would have done some RQS questions. That's another way to blend in.
Exilon wrote:Also, I would like everyone to judge my honesty by the following sentence:
This sentence is false because I am lying. .

When you have succesfully reached a conclusion, call me.
This is an obvious lie. You've made words, therefore, it is a sentence. Each time you say something and make an extremely brief end to talk, you create a sentence. Not sure how this is suppose to contribute to the game, thought.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:49 am

Vote: The Butterfly

Your play has been absolutely terrible in this game. As this isn't a newbie game, I'm not going to excuse your mistakes that you've made. You don't explain why you find people suspicious, you have been rolefishing, you've made post that blew my mind in a really bad way (ISO: 3), and I see no substance in your posts. You also seem like you want to go back to RVS with a vote on me, and then
unvote me
without explaining why.

Now you're at L-2. Improve yourself or die.

@Concerned: I understand that he's a newbie, but I'm not going to play the newbie card here. Plus I have seen newbies play a lot better then this, so this isn't excused at all.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:08 am

Exilon wrote:What's keeping you?
We're already getting into some serious discussion, so I do not see the point of forcing an RQS here at this rate.

Do you want me to answer the second question as well?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:38 am

I find it odd that Concerned and 0x1de are already calling people lurkers. We've just barely started and now is not the time to call people lurkers.
Exilon wrote:By the way, are you gonna fakeclaim in this game as well?
No I will not. I will claim my real role.
Exilon wrote:Re: your case on Butterfly: Relax, it's only page 4, nothing that warrants "your play in this game has been terrible" xD
Now, where was it?
The case? I already have one on The Butterfly, do you want me to dig it up?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:59 am

@Zachrulez: Um, Exilon's bandwagon was fueled primarily from RVS comments, not on scumminess. Why is Exilon's bandwagon worth commenting on? The only notable things were that Exilon self-voted and got put at L-1. The bandwagon is gone I think.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:29 am

0x1de wrote:The facts are unchanged. My opinion may vary.
Just because your opinion changed doesn't mean that it does not contradicts what you said earlier. It is a fact that you said that Zachrulez and Concerned were looking for a quick lynch. Instead of answering Exilon's question, you basically said "Oh, they weren't, just jumped on your bandwagon quickly". This is scummy, not only for the contradiction, but obviously doging Exilon's question.

FoS: 0x1de
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Exilon wrote:Let's all do this as soon as possible so mafia won't have time to night talk.

I predict one of the last players to confirm is scum.
I looked at this quote and I am honestly not seeing how this quote was scummy, let along vote-worthy. Can someone PLEASE explain why this is scummy? The justification made originally really wasn't good IMO.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #9) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:04 pm

unvote, vote The Butterfly
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:21 am

The Butterfly wrote:i dont really suspect anyone quite yet.... i have not gathered enough information quite yet...
How could you have absolutely no suspects in the game? Within one day of starting, we already have 162 comments that you could have looked over and you still can't find a suspect? That's amazingly bad.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:52 am

foobert wrote:Speaking of Antonio, has Cuetlachtli even made a post in this game?
Aside from the confirmation, no he hasn't. Even with the relatively active game that's going on here, we still have a couple of lurkers.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:15 pm

@jasonT1981: Your vote is on 0x1de so far. Yet you say "Let's lynch The Butterfly now!". These two things contradict itself.

If you are still more suspicious of 0x1de, why are you pushing for an The Butterfly lynch?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:23 pm

@Mod: It's been over forty-eight hours since Cuetlacthli has last posted. Please send a prod out to him.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 am

In response to Concerned question, I would love a The Butterfly lynch. But while I wouldn't mind him dying now, Exilon brings up an excellent point about how a quick lynch can be detrimental to town. I mean, this is like a form of policy lynch.

@jasont1981 and Concerned: Didn't The Butterfly just claim scum? Or do you think he actually didn't claim?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:35 am

Just want to bring up meta for a moment: The Butterfly's play is frighteningly similar to razorback's play in Newbie 904 and Newbie 916. His grammar was horrible (Not a scum tell, but for comparision sake), he made unecessary internal conflicts, and his game was scummy. He was scum in both of these games. Give them a look and compare them to The Butterfly's play.

@0x1de: Nachomamma8's claim was clearly not serious. He did this to spark up discussion and as a result, we got plentiful activity. His play has been relatively pro-town since then.

The Butterfly's claim matches up very easily with his poor play, which was already lynch-worthy. Plus he's trying to blame this claim on his brother, which has already been subjected to jokes, especially from lobstermania, the mod. Therefore, he is the most likely scum of the group and I suggest lynching him if his play doesn't improve by the time the end of Day 1 is approaching.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:04 am

I agree with #248 (Mad by Exilon). For example, who are your other suspects and why?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:52 pm

@jasonT1981: Nachomamma8's and 0x1de's claim were not serious. Nachomamma8's scum claim was used to start up a discussion that gave us more then normal to work on within the period. 0x1de's scum claim was to bring up a good question.
0x1de wrote:I am scum.

Now, Smash and Jason, explain
why
that makes me mafia. I'd appreciate the rest of you keeping your opinions to yourselves until they have both responded. Thanks.
Given that you clearly weren't serious about that, I won't hold you against it (Applies to Nachomamma8 as well, as he clearly had a good reason for it, giving us a fast start to discussions, as for you, you're trying to bring up a point). But I'll answer your question.

Claiming scum indicates that you yourself have given up and admits to being scum. Most newbies would not be that stupid to claim scum, let alone be serious about it. The Butterfly's claim was certainly a lot more serious then your scum claim or Nachomamma8's claim, as unlike these two claims, he's basically throwing up a sign saying "I AM SCUM, KILL ME!". Then he attempts to hide that fact by blaming his brother, making him look extremely bad and make one hell of an embarrassment out of himself. If he was town,
he would never do this
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:41 am

Reading through Concerned ISO's, I realize that Concerned was distancing from The Butterfly. Some of his earlier post included him defending him. Later on, he shows willingness to hammer The Butterfly.

@Concerned: I'm heavily against lynching now. We haven't used nearly enough time in this game to analyze other players. We should lynch when it gets close to the deadline. That way, we'll be a lot more certain on a lynch, plus we'll get more information out of it, even if it's on the same person.

But if you're going to hammer early, at least let Antonio finish his reading.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 am

Zachrulez wrote:By the way, are you planning on making use of your vote anytime soon Butterfly?
This. I find it odd the despite the fact that The Butterfly listed his two suspects, he never voted for either.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #20) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:35 am

For scum teams, I'm seeng a combination of The Butterfly, Concerned, and 0x1de.
0x1de wrote:@ Super: If you are so strongly against the lynch, why not unvote?
I'm not against the lynch, as a matter of fact, I don't mind if we lynch now. However, I think it'll be a lot more beneficial if we wait until near the end of the deadline. Then once we've gotten enough information (We have some, but we can get more), then we can kill The Butterfly.
Zachrulez wrote:Anyway, Concerned's last post was extremely scummy. He's pushing for the lynch, but isn't on the wagon, presumably cause he wants someone else to hammer.
Zachrulez made a very good point here. Also people, note that Concerned has been distancing from The Butterfly. Originally giving him a n00bie town read, he quickly changed that to a scum read. This is scummy and I don't like it.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:13 pm

Exilon wrote:SSBF, could you please show some evidence of this?
Gladly, now that ISO is back up and running again. Now I'll provide evidence of this:
June, 10, 2010 (1:35 PM CST):
Concerned wrote:However I'm going to assume he's fairly inexperienced and I can't count how many times both town and scum have jumped on the newbie early on simply because he/she isn't careful enough about what they say.
Concerned wrote:I just feel like I've gone down this road all to often with players like butterfly, and I'm not convinced he has any more chance of being scum than newb town.
June, 12, 2010 (5:49 AM CST):
Concerned wrote:Change of opinion: If I fail to find a better lynch I'm perfectly happy to vote butterfly simply because he's the type of player who will need to die eventually anyway, and we might as well get it over with on day 1.

I was hoping he'd improve and offer some content, but if he's just going to ride the noob train until the end of the game then why bother keeping him around.
These quotes were less then fourty-eight hours of each other.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:29 pm

/prodded

Sorry about the inactivity, but I've been focused on other games lately. I will get to this tomorrow, if not sooner.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:20 pm

@Concerned: Since the deadline is approaching, I'm now ready for a The Butterfly lynch. He has benefit the town in absolutely no way. Regardless of alignment, town is better off without him. I was concerned about lynching earlier because I wanted to get the most amount of information possible, which in terms, helps town. Now I think we have enough to go forth a lynch.
Antonio wrote:I suck, I know. Promises upon promises, and nothing to show for it.

Hold my feet to the fire, cause I'm gonna rectify my failure of getting into this game.
Really a piss poor excuse for not particapating. Give us something to work on.
0x1de wrote:Super, you are talking out of your arse. Concerned never said he had a scum read. It would've been obvious in your post, but you 'forgot' to mention the original quote.
Not really. The fact that Concerned said he was perfectly happy to lynch The Butterfly means that he has in some way or form a scum read on him.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:53 am

Definently satisfied with this lynch. We're going to get some information out of this, regardless of alignments he's part of.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:46 am

Concerned's L-1 vote for The Butterfly is scummy. It feels like that he's attempting to bus The Butterfly. Definedently will be on the lookout for him. However, I think we need to put forth more attention toward Nachomamma8. I'll explain my case on him:
Nachomamma8 wrote:I will not be voting this Random Voting Stage. I am far too afraid that my participation will out both me and my mafia buddies.

Instead, I will active lurk until I can find something that I can easily jump on and gain town points for.
This post is controversial for sure. Some call it town, but most think it's scummy. It is townish because it helped kicked off discussion in this game, thus increasing activity. However, this quote is scummy:
Nachomamma8 wrote:How so? I'm done with my RVS, and I've found something I'm willing to jump on.
I don't like the cognitive dissonance that Nachomamma8 commited here. In his first game post, he said he would not particapate in RVS in any shape or form. Then he backpedels himself by saying that he's done with his RVS. Another thing to note that I highly doubt he even particapated in RVS.

Make sure to look at this as well:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Unvote, Vote: Zachrulez

Stop being scummy.
He failed explain why Zachrulez is scummy. This makes this slightly scummy as well. On his next post:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Do something about it, then. Try not going after the easy target for a second...
Apprenently, the easy target flipped scum. The fact that The Butterfly was scum means that the easy target argument has been overrided by The Butterfly's scum flip. This is also the first sign of his defense on The Buttefly, his most obvious scum tell.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I never said Butterfly wasn't scummy. I said Butterfly was an easy target. Why? Because he's a VI type character. Because he doesn't even have enough onsite posts to be a goon.
Here, Nachomamma8 gives The Butterfly a noob pass, claiming that he's a VI-type characer and doesn't have enough onsite posts to be a goon. I'm glad the town was smart enough to pass on the noob excuse, because we all know what alignment The Buttefly was part of.
Nachomamma8 wrote:First of all, my reasoning came immediately after my vote,
This is wrong. Zachrulez questioned Nachomamma8 on why he voted for him, therefore it was not immediately after his vote on Zachrulez.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Butterfly is a null read. Why? Because he hasn't been on the site very long, because his logic doesn't make that much sense to me.
His reasoning for saying that The Butterfly is a null read is horrible. Not being on the site very long should not always be an excuse. Now I'd like for him to answer two questions:

1. Why does not being on this site very long a good reason for defending a person? What if the person is actually a veteren of Mafia?
2. Why does logic not making sense a reason to defend a person? Experienced players logic can be nonsense at some points as well.

Conclusion: The majority of Nachomamma8's posts is spent by defending a person who we all know is a scum. His first scum tell is cognitive dissonance. His defense of The Buttefly is extremely faulty and very scummy. We already have The Buttefly dead and I think we may have one of his scum partner.

Vote: Nachomamma8
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:46 am

Concerned wrote:I would like you to tell me why you find my vote on butterfly more likely to be a bus than anyone else.
Your vote sounds like you wanted a lynch going through, like you don't want to hammer so you could avoid suspicion. Your vote also sounds like the most policy lynch-like vote, while everyone else's vote sound like they're truly suspecting The Butterfly.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Because newbie players play differently than experienced players; that's a fact.
Actually, everyone plays different from each other, there is no clear cut division between a newbie player and an experienced player.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I still think that it was wrong that our only wagons were on someone with <100 posts, and someone who no one actually had a case on;
1. How is it wrong for us to lynch scums? The fact is, he was a scum and we lynched him Day 1. Scum lynches benefit town and if we continue lynching scums, town wins.

2. Post count on this site is not an accurate indication of how experience a player is. For all we know, The Butterfly could be a veteren at Mafia on another site, they just played it differently. Xite91 has been playing forum Mafia for over two years and just joined this site, are you going to treat him as a newbie?

3. There were cases everywhere on The Buttefly. It's not that hard to find some evidence that pointed toward The Butterfly-scum.
Nachomamma8 wrote:he just lurked.
This is a lie. Not once was The Butterfly prodded under any circumstances. You can't use that as a reason, especially since he did make thirty-seven posts. All without contents, all without effort, and all with scum intentions. There are many other reasons for us to suspect The Butterfly and we were right.
Nachomamma8 wrote:In the newbie game we played together, the town lost because they were too willing to lynch VIs without really looking into the case.
I'll take an example out of Newbie Mafia 934, Coach Travis. Yes he was scummy, yes he didn't play well, yes it appeared he didn't care, but at least he tried in that game. If that isn't enough to convince you, the obvious major difference is that he was a Vanilla Townie. And you clearly can't say he was a Village Idiot, because he said he'd played a few games on another site before and was modding one, so he has some experience in Mafia. The only possible Village Idiot in that game was razorback. His predeccessor was already scummy in many people's eyes and he was a replacement. Not to mention he has a horrible reputation in Mafiascum. He even ruined Newbie 951 and got him and another person banned from the Newbie Queue.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Don't you had to cushion that with quotes and quotes and quotes.
Yes, because these are evidence that support that you are probably The Butterfly's scum buddy. Quotes are evidence that you actually did such things.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Also, not participating in RVS honestly isn't a scumtell. It's a discussion starter. If you thought otherwise, then why didn't you address it then?
I never said that not particapating in RVS isn't a scum tell. What I found scummy about that statement was that you later contradicted yourself. On top of that, as you know, RVS isn't the only way to particapate in the game. For example, we did RQS in Newbie Mafia 934 and it panned out well.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Exilon and Cuetlachtli make some decent points about Ox1de. He is another solid lynch candidate I wouldn't mind dying Day 2, but I prefer Nachomamma8, mainly because I feel that Nachomamma8 played a scummier game then 0x1de. However, we might want to look at this quote further (Nice catch, Exilon):
0x1de wrote:Well I'm very pleased with the kills. We lynched scum (well you guys did) and they took out my prime suspect.
Why are you pleased with the death of your prime suspect? The fact is that he flipped town and town death are never good. I should have posted this out earlier.
FoS: 0x1de
0x1de wrote:Thirdly: Backpeddling. What a ridiculous thing to accuse me of. It's called changing your mind.
I also don't like how you try to fight off the backpeddling arguments/contradictions arguments with the "I changed my mind!" counter-argument. At this rate, no one is going to buy the same argument over and over again.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 am

Nachomamma8 wrote:No, but experienced players are normally more familiar with the rules of the games as well as the logic normally used in the game.
What if a newbie has been lurking around in the site for years and been looking at the games before he started to play (diginova anyone?)? Would the person be familar with the normal rules of Mafia and logics like experienced players?
Nachomamma8 wrote:Right. But I didn't know he was scum, and I still don't see how you guys saw him as different from the classic VI. And if he was town, we'd be stuck today with absolutely nothing to go on and we'd have to play Day 1 all over again.
Neither did anyone else here. Even a VI would play better then this. This person play was among the worst I have ever seen from this site.

But even if he was town, we wouldn't basically be playing Day 1 over again. We would have analyzed his actions, who he suspected, etc. Plus we would have more information to find scums.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Do these sound like the words of a veteran to you?
No, but grammer should be the least of his worry. I agree that he has got to improve on his game, but in Mafia, we should be more concerned about his play, not his grammer.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Lurking is also posting a lot without saying a whole lot, honey.
I thought you meant passive lurking, which he wasn't doing. If you meant active lurking, you should have clarify it.
Nachomamma8 wrote:What makes you think Butterfly's scumbuddy was more likely to vocally defend him and condemn his attackers? Why don't you think they bussed him?
Scum buddies want townies dead, not people from there own alignment. They are willing to do anything to keep suspicion off there scum team and deflect it off to town and get them lynched. While with bussing, the scums bussing the scum is simply trying to avoid suspicion. Both are connections that could make a scum team, but defending a scum is a stronger connection then just simply bussing.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Didn't contridict myself. I stopped people from putting words in my mouth. The bolded has nothing to do with the rest of your argument.
All right then:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
I will not be voting this Random Voting Stage.
I am far too afraid that my participation will out both me and my mafia buddies.
Nachomamma8 wrote:How so?
I'm done with my RVS
, and I've found something I'm willing to jump on.
Tell me, how is that not a contradiction? You said you stopped people from putting words in your mouth, but yet you're garnering suspicon.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:14 am

Nachomamma8 wrote:Yes, there are exceptions. But newbies playing like veterans is just that - an exception.
Even if they are exceptions, the point is that they do happen.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Even a VI would play better than this...?
Yes, yes they would. VI's not like The Butterfly at least put some effort toward playing the game. They actually care about the game and is willing to help find scum. I saw no motivation in The Butterfly's play to scum hunt, he has done almost nothing in this game. This is the worst kind of VI's in this game, so much that they are scummy.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Did you make an effort to see if Butterfly posted anywhere else?
Yes, he did post in Mini 992 and Newbie 966 (You're hosting that game, how could you not know?).
Nachomamma8 wrote:Analyzed his actions? He didn't post any content, and his play was unreadable.
Noticed above that I said "almost nothing". If he was town, while he gave us very little information to work on, we can at least attempt to analyze it.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Who he suspected? The largest bandwagon that wasn't him.
If he was town, prehaps we could have analyzed his suspects (JasonT1981 and Antonio) and if we were lucky enough, build a case off them.
Nachomamma8 wrote:What information would we have?
We could have at least looked at his suspects (Despite is being OMGUS and lurker hunting) and gain some more information out of them.
Nachomamma8 wrote:You're offtopic.
You questioned me on if The Butterfly sounded like a veteren and I responded. That question sounds similar to talking about his grammar. If that is the case, how is my post off-topic while yours isn't?
Nachomamma8 wrote:Why?
Chainsaw defenese is stronger then bussing because of this:
Bussing is simply killing your partner off to gain town creds and to avoid suspicion. Chainsaw defense requires more strategic scum planning and wanting to save your scum partner for another day. Your chainsaw defense on The Butterfly was definently scummy and of course it's noted. Thus it is a stronger connection then bussing.
Nachomamma8 wrote:You meant that?
Yes, that's exactly what I have been trying to say to you for the PAST few days.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Fist of all, that was on page 1 or 2 or something.
That doesn't mean we can't use that as evidence, so don't make excuses.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Second of all, the fact that the first quote is 100% sarcasm kinda ruins the contridiction there.
I'll explain why you contradicted yourself:

You said that you weren't going to participate in RVS voting, but then said "I'm done with my RVS.". On top of that, the first post from my perspective indicated that you had hidden agenda with that post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #30) » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:44 am

@DavidParker: Not sure why you're believing Nachomamma8 after a Vanilla Townie claim. Is it because you read his post again and thought otherwise or was it because of his claim? A Vanilla Townie claim cannot be verified.
0x1de wrote:I don't agree with this at all. Both are opportunistic, and bussing is the only one that might be planned for.
How was Nachomamma8's defense of The Butterfly opportunistic? Most of his major posts Day 1 has been defending The Butterfly. There has to be some form of strategic intentions for defending The Butterfly and I honestly doubt it was townie-like. Also, chainsaw defenses are harder to pull off then bussing without people noticing.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I don't know about you, but I play Mafia by the rules, not the exceptions.
And I am willing to consider other possibilities within Mafia.
Nachomamma8 wrote:If only you realized what I was trying to say here...
I think I understand what you were saying pretty fine. I looked through The Butterfly's ISO and he was posting in those games. Therefore, I have proof that this isn't his only game.
Nachomamma8 wrote:You would trust Butterfly's reads if he was town?:
Not take it religiously, that's for sure, but I would at least attempt to see the value in any of the posts.
Nachomamma8 wrote:You said:
Butterfly could be asneaky veteran mafia player.
I said: Does {Link} sound like a veteran to you?
You said: No, but grammar should be the least of his worries. I agree that he has got to improve on his game, but in Mafia, we should be more concerned about his play, not his grammer.
All right, let me explain:

The Butterfly might very well be a veteran mafia player in another site, because he could be used to that style as it everyone else. He probably played horribly here because he isn't used to this style. It's like saying that you're great at retro gaming, but is horrible at current gen gaming.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Chainsaw defense is a stronger tell when a mafia member isn't so far gone. It was apparent that he wasn't going to improve (thus, he wasn't going to survive long), so why would I incriminate myself just to save him for one more day?
The majority of your posts Day 1 was spent defending The Butterfly. You've said numerous times that he was a Village Idiot, which is basically giving a person a pass due to his game play. He was scummy as hell, thus he got lynched, the lynch is his fault. The fact that you attempted to beat back the wagon for him indicates a scum connection between both of you and I will not stop persuding the case until I am 100% proven wrong.
Nachomamma8 wrote:YOU VOTED SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THEIR AVATAR, MEANING YOU'RE OPPORTUNISTIC SCUM. AND DONT SAY THAT IT WAS THE RVS EITHER, OR OTHERWISE YOU'RE JUST MAKING EXCUSES.
The difference between my random vote on jasonT1981 and your fake scum claim is this:
My vote on JasonT1981 was intentionally random with no serious purpose. Your scum claim on the other hand, probably had some form of serious agenda to it. One possible example is to get the game going at the speed we were in at the time.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:55 am

DavidParker wrote:Still could be possible third party.
This is an unlikely scenario for this game. We have only seen one death per Day and I highly doubt we have a second killing role as well. Jesters and Survivors are hated as well, so they are unlikely, as the former basically tells you to be as scummy as possible and the latter is criticize for encouraging inactivity.
DavidParker wrote:SSBF - Post 33: Ignores butterfly's role fishing.
Well to be fair, you didn't acknowledge The Butterfly's rolefishing at the time either (You as a person, not your slot).
DavidParker wrote:SSBF -#75 Suggests a possible connection between you and butterfly.
Elaborate on this. What I see is this: He placed a random vote on me for no reason whatsoever when we were actually scum hunting. I also saw a scummy post.
Zachrulez wrote:That said, I generally dislike Parker's post.
Agree. Half of his posts was basically discussing his town reads, which is not really much to work on, or at least not as much as scum reads. With his suspicion on me, all he said was that I ignored The Butterfly's rolefishing and #75 being a possible connection between me and The Butterfly. Responding to #33 makes him look somewhat hypocritical and him digging out #75 sounds a little desperate to throw something at me. The only thing in that post that can easily be considered good contents is his mini-case on Cuetlacthli.

I like the case on DavidParker. His Day 3 game so far has been pretty scummy.
Vote: DavidParker
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:39 pm

@millar13: If you're not willing to help the town, then you need to replace out. Town does not need anyone who puts off contents until later. That is lazy and hurt the town. If you're town, then start being productive. Your slot did very little in the game at all and that needs to change. If you're scum, keep doing what you're doing and let us lynch you. You also didn't acknowledge that you once again put DavidParker at L-1, which leaves rooms for him to be accidentally hammered by a townie or a scum making an intentional hammer. The L-1 vote that you failed to acknowledge and your lack of reason for voting DavidParker puts you on my scum list.
FoS: millar13
Concerned wrote:Cautious? I didn't want to hammer, I've never had any qualms about putting someone on L-1, because I like to get as much information as possible from each day.
Putting people at L-1 early, especially at the time, runs a risk of a scum quick hammer or a misguided townie hammer. If the ends up that the later, this can have terrible consequences for town. Not only would we be left with two townies dead (One due to the lynch and one that gets killed during the Night), there is a high chance that the townie is going to get lynched (With a townie Night Kill the same Night). At best, this scenario will put town at a massive setback, at worst, this cause a scum win.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #33) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 am

I just realized that DavidParker's play as of Day 3 has been very inconsistent. For example, he voted for Cuetlachtli, unvoted, voted for me, unvoted, voted for me, and finally unvotes again. That's a grand total of five unvotes and votes combined. Whereas I have only done a grand total of four votes and unvotes.

@DavidParker: About your four scums scenario, that's extremely unlikely. That would probably give scums way too much power. Town would only be able to make one mislynch at the worst and then town wins. So yeah, a four-team scums is highly unlikely. Also, a No Lynch is generally a terrible idea, as we gain nothing out of it. This is not one of those scenario's where a No Lynch is apporpriate.
DavidParker wrote:This was after RVS had ended pretty much, he then unvotes 2 posts later. Seems like a blatant attempt for butterfly to distance himself from SSBF by voting for him (sure a very poor one, but it's been proven that butterfly was basically newbscum).
How was The Butterfly attempting to distance from me? I have seen absolutely no mention of me from his post before ISO: 6 and afterwards, I've barely been mentioned in any of The Butterfly's post.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #34) » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Millar13's attempt to self-hammer is scummy as all hell. I see absolutely no purpose for it. He didn't even make one attempt to defend himself, let alone claim. Had he actually unvoted and voted for himself, I would be even more pissed off then I am now.
Zachrulez wrote:My vote has moved around a little bit today, what does that say about me? Why haven't you attacked me for it?
1. For you, it's not a problem. You haven't put your vote on the same person twice and given bad reasons for it. The three people you voted you gave legitimate reasons on.

2. You have been contributing very well to the discussion. You actually pressured your suspects and explained why you found them suspicious. The points you make have merits to them.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #35) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 am

If he is town, I will hate him. No seriously, I will.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 am

This was a pretty fun game overall. To be honest, I was pretty surprised that I was Night Killed Night 3. I have some thoughts about the game:

I knew The Butterfly was going to play horribly. So I decided to try to bus him without anyone knowing. Defending him would be futile and would have made my alignment more obvious, so I decided that he needed to die and I felt I could do better on my own. Glad he was lynched Day 1 before more damage occured. However, his death I felt really did help me out Day 2.

Day 2, I decided to push for Nachomamma8 to make a false connection between him and The Butterfly. It worked beautifully. Day 3, I basically followed the crowd.

Millar13 needs to change his posting style. He played horribly here and needs some suspension. Prehaps he'll correct his behavior later on.

Now the Night Actions. I decided to kill DavidParker Night 1 and 0x1de Night 2 because I wanted to do something new with Night Kills and put people in a situation where everyone has a town read on each other. This could be used to waste time for the town and gain less information overall. Night 3, with Concerned's claim Day 3, I wanted to kill someone who had minor suspicion on me and acted towny. I also wanted to see if I could make Concerned look scummy as hell Day 4 and get him lynched. And Day 5, I would have pushed for a DavidParker's lynch. Turns out Concerned wasn't lying about his claim.

As for my performance, I think I did great. I was surprised at how well I managed to avoid suspicion and that I received no major push for a lynch. I even thought I could pull off an unlikely win. If anything, At least I didn't self-hammer. This is my first game as scum and I did horribly. Luckily, I can say I have much improved my scum game with this one. With this game, I am also eligable to be an IC, but I'll put that off until I get better at Mafia and actually make some quality play here.

With that said, I have other games I need to get to.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:16 pm

millar13 wrote:so i do win....ha

SELF-HAMMER KING!
1. You did not self-hammer. You did self-vote, thus putting you at L-1, but you didn't self-hammer.

2. Out of all the townies, you are the only one that didn't deserve to win. You did absolutely nothing for the town and to me, that's worthy of getting your ass mod-killed. Why lobstermania didn't do it, I'd like to know.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”