tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:45 am

Post by tumescence »

theplague42 wrote:Hey everyone how's life? VOTE: tumescence because I can't understand his name!
With names like Xdaamno and bvoigt present in this game, you vote for tumescence, which is an actual word (google it)...

Vote: theplague42
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Post by tumescence »

bvoigt wrote:Also, @tumescence: was your vote [on theplague] serious?
No. But I'll be glad to lynch him today, especially if he doesn't start doing something townie soon.
==============================================

@Empking: mass-claiming is terrible. Suppose, we have a cop and a doc power role. Mafia can simply all claim vanilla townies, shryioot the doc, then the cop. We'll lose all our prs quickly and the cop will likely manage to get only 1 or 2 reports.

It would be better to ask cop to come out when he has at least 2 innocents, or a single guilty. If mafia wants to counter claim a power role at that point, I'm fine with trying to decide which power role is real.

The last game I played I got accused of shirking the major discussions, so I'm going to be try to be more active this game, HOWEVER: most theoretical arguments bore me. Usually there is no clear answer, and I've seen similar arguments hashed out ad infinitum.

I don't think Zdenek scumtelled. The bandwagon on him is silly.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:29 am

Post by tumescence »

I don't find theplague's latest posts scummy. Right now, I want to lynch Bvoigt.

Unvote.
Vote: bvoigt.

Both of his attacks on Viral Maze (nervousness over being voted; fence-sitting) seem forced cliches to me.
=====================
theplague wrote:Out of curiosity, do you find empking scummy?
No. The mass-claim gambit he performed is a nulltell, and I think he's seriously wrong, if he's seriously attacking Zdenek, but he hasn't done anything scummy.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:32 am

Post by tumescence »

I am going to get called on this, so I might as well mention it: I know that Xdaamno also did the same thing as bvoigt, and I do suspect Xdaamno, only less than bvoigt. Xdaamno's posts give me a townier vibe than bvoigt's do.

I think either Xdaamno or bvoigt is mafia, but probably not both, because I don't think they would so blatantly support each other if mafia.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:31 pm

Post by tumescence »

I think VM is town. I don't think he would try something this loony as mafia, but would stick to a more conventional route. What he's spouting right now seem his townie beliefs.

@Xdaamno:

You said to VM:
I think the fact you were trying to look smart is actually more of a town tell, however.
How's trying to seem smart a towntell? Mafia try to seem smart too.

========================

@bvoigt:

Neither you or Xdaamno is particulary townie to me. I had to pick between you, and Xdaamno just gives me a townier vibe. It's difficult to explain, because the vibe isn't very strong.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by tumescence »

I should be able to post by the end of tonight.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by tumescence »

I think bvoigt looks more townie than scummy.
Unvote: bvoigt
I'll post again today with a vote, but right now I'm thinking it's probably going to be on SV/ Xdaamno/Vollkan/Zdenek.
CDB wrote:tumescence's 79 and 80 look bad to me. He tries to start a wagon on bvoight for using weak cliched accusations, but that behaviour looks to me like good attempts to scumhunt on Day 1 without much to go on.
They didn't like good attempts to me. Nervousness over being voted and fence-sitting are both displayed by town as well as scum, and there was no clear reason why these things were scummy rather than townie, when exhibited in VM.
Goes on to say that he thinks either Xdaamno or bvoight are scum. That's a serious false choice it looks like he's trying to set up without any real reasoning on why they can't both be scum or both be town.
I didn't think they'd both be scum because I don't think scum will bandwagon consecutively like that using the same terrible reasoning. As for why I thought one of them was probably scum, it's because both their attacks were so bad.
In post 112, he defends VM, saying he doesn't think VM would "try anything this loony as mafia". Sounds like he's trying to build up credibility for the fact that he too is attacking on the basis of "vibes".
...what? I don't understand.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 am

Post by tumescence »

Hi CDB, Magma and Reaper!

I'll piggyback on DrippingGoofball's analysis because it's easier.

TOWN

DrippingGoofball > I don't know if he always looks this townie, and I'm slightly paranoid because I know he's an experienced player, but still, at the moment, his posts look very town to me.
vollkan

Empking > asking for a mass claim on page 1 is too crazy to be scum.

ChannelDelibird > "Deeply sorry. If you don't see a post with new thoughts from me in the next eight hours, lynch me. I'm completely serious." I agree with DG, that IS really townie.
MagnaofIllusion > plague's replace-out post seems just like the post I made when I replaced out as town. ("I don't feel I'm contributing enough etc."). In fact, I was pondering replacing out using similar words.
Xdaamno > I really like his last post
Viral Maze > his view on the Empking-Zd exchange seemed townie to me (similar to what I was thinking); also, I like how he later brought up thoughts that he had repressed earlier ("I didn't want to point it out before, but I will now.")

IFFY

vollkan > I don't really have a read on his interrogator style.
Empking: I think empking is sophisticated enough to play a MC gambit.
Zdenek > I've played with Zdenek before, so I'm hoping I can get a better read later, but for now: I don't really agree with all of his logic ("scum looking to betray us" is not a scumslip, for example); but he's not really scummy.
ReaperCharlie
Blood Queen > Hard to get a read on him. Reads more town than scum.
SnakePlissken > Has said virtually nothing.
bvoigt: I thought his attacks against VM were bad; however, his explanation of why he voted zdenek struck me as town ("There was nothing in particular. At that point, all that had really happened in the game was CDB vs. Zdenek. Since CDB came off as town to me, a vote for Zdenek was better than my previous random vote.")

SCUM

tumescence
zzzzzz
bvoigt

SnakePlissken

=========================

@BQ: You asked what made me reconsider my opinion on bvoigt. See the analysis above. You also asked why I mentioned I'd probably lynch 3 players I hadn't even mentioned before. It's just that I don't have a significant scumread on anyone at the moment, and moreover, my opinions keep fluctuating. I have a problem with getting scumreads (you can reference my previous game through my wiki for confirmation, if you want), so I usually go by process of elimination.

@Snake: I'm curious why one of the first things you did was ask Vollkan for his scum counter. Why was it important?
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:28 am

Post by tumescence »

It's relatively easier to do gambits about MC'ing than to say a unique townie thing such as CDB did, imo. I've seen mafia do MC gambits before, but never a comment like CDB's. It's still possible that CDB copied the statement verbatim from somewhere he saw it.

Also, by a MC gambit I mean mafia asking town to Mass-Claim, be it to out power-roles or bait townies into attacking them.
tumescence
tumescence
Goon
tumescence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:37 am

Post by tumescence »

Vollkan wrote:@tume 238: From a number of past games, I have a particular concern about the risk that my playstyle may cause me to focus on players who are naturally illogical, but not so much so that they fall into VI territory.
Heh, I have a tendency to attack overtly logical players, and I'm aware of this tendency, or I would have probably started attacking you. Last game I tunnelled on a logical town player and lynched him on lylo.
You say that you've played with Zdenek before and "I don't really agree with all of his logic ("scum looking to betray us" is not a scumslip, for example); but he's not really scummy". Is Zdenek playing meta-consistently here (in terms of having nonsense arguments and tenacity thereto)?
No. Zdenek replaced late into the game, but his observations were spot-on, and he was right about the mafia. So, his behavior is inconsistent with that game. However, he got killed the very same night, didn't get a chance to argue extensively, and was never under any pressure. I'll read your case against him in detail and post my thoughts.
MoI wrote:@Tume – 2 questions for you –

1. Please confirm / deny you are a Hydra.
2. Why does your alignment read list at 238 show not a single person as scum?
1. Unsure what Hydra means, but if you're asking whether I'm an alternate account of someone on mafiascum, I'm not.
2. I don't see anyone as majorly scummy yet.
Please explain how CDB’s statement is ‘uniquely Townie’? I don’t see it as anything of the sort.
By "unique town statement", I mean a statement that is unusual and yet seems townie. In my experience, mafia rarely make such statements. "You can lynch me if I don't post within a day" is unusual and seems townie.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”