Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

vote: sims5487
for being the last to post.

Yay confid returns to the site :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

Also I'm on the fence about Reckamonic for referring to him/herself in the Royal "We".
They're a hydra - 2 individuals sharing 1 account
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

ConfidAnon wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
vote: sims5487
for being the last to post.

Yay confid returns to the site :)
I keep getting drawn back even though I'm horrible.
Oh don't be so emo, you're fine. :P

------------------------

I see where AGar is going regarding Gud - AGar is suggesting that Gud's "tells" towards bloodqueen (seemed nervous, wanted to make friends and escape notice) aren't really scum tells at all because thats not how all scum act, sometimes they are loud, obnoxious, and in the center of everything.

Instead of considering that, gud responds with this:
Your question is intrinsically flawed
because I don't know who is the scum until we either lynch them all or the game is over and so I wont know if they were scum and 'taking the attention' or town and 'taking the attention'.
Personally,
I dont really care how scum or town play their games.
1: He accuses AGar for asking a flawed question.
2: Completely misses the entire point - the question had nothing to do with whether you think 'taking the attention' was a town or a scum tell, it specifically asked about scum who make themselves the center of attention.
and 3: says he doesn't care how scum or town play their games, not long after voting bloodqueen for playstyle arguments.

But my question is... why isn't AGar voting Gud if gud is "sooooo scummy it hurts"? Especially considering
AGar wrote:Thor, you're point on Powerrox still stands, but this latest greatest development is much more fruitful I think.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Guderian wrote:1. I begin by calling out bloodqueen for minor 'tells' I consider scummy.
2. Agar considers these 'non-scummy' or 'townish'.
3. Ask a question in which he tries to subtly suggest that in fact scum are very prominent members of the town
4. I respond 'incorrectly' to the question because Im not sure what point he was driving at.
5. I am called scum.

So, what we have is a discrepancy on how we believe scum could or do act. I believe some are quiet and some are loud. He assumes all are loud (?? still unsure) and states this.

rhinox, and thor, I opened agars particular question up to everyone. You don't have to answer, but I am interesting in seeing how would you respond to that question.

You: vote: bloodqueen for trying to blend in because that's how I think scum act.
Agar: what aboutt scum who try to stick out?
You: whoa there scum can either stick out or blend in don't know for sure til they're dead why do you think all scum try to stick out?

Paraphrased for simplification since I'm on my phone. I think this highlights the issue well.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by Rhinox »

sims, I agree with confid that you are coming across as overeacting, and I'm not just talking about this page but all the way back to your response to my RVS vote on you. I'm still trying to determine if its just a playstyle thing, so I think confid was in the right asking about your experience.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Rhinox »

sims5487 wrote:Wait for real? Wow, I really didn't know it was reading like that. Is an OMGUS vote really considered overreacting in RVS? Yikes.
It wasn't even really the omgus vote, it was the addition of - "I just got into work! TAKE A CHILL." - that made me think you might have been reacting seriously to a vote you thought was serious, and thus an overeaction. Or at least, it wasn't immediately clear if you were just joking around and I misinterpretted the tone/sarcasm/joke/etc.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #6) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

/prodded.

unvote
because I see that something happened in the last couple pages regarding Gud and I need to get caught back up, but it has to wait until this afternoon/evening because I've got a busy day of work ahead of me.

mod: in case you missed it in my sig, I'm V/LA every weekend - more LA than V though, sometimes I can post, sometimes I can't.

I completely overlooked that. That's a big herp derp on my part. I'm removing your prod now, and thanks for letting me know.
Last edited by DemonHybrid on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

Alright, this is something I wanted to get out there since last week and finally now have time to post it. I'll use confid's post here as a launch point because its a basic summary of what I want to talk about.

This is regarding Agar's case on BQ:
confidanon wrote:If he were saying "Lynch Blood Queen. If Town, lynch ConfidAnon. If scum, lynch sims," it would be more suspect because he's trying to lead up a lynch with another lynch regardless of what happens. But in this game, his suspicion of Blood Queen directly stems from what he views as Blood Queen's protection (from joining the AGar wagon) of sims. While I'm not sure pursuing a lynch this early based purely on voting patterns and not on individual scumminess is the best course of action, saying "Lynch Blood Queen. If scum, lynch sims. If not scum, I'll reread sims" is not scummy - it's a logical continuation of his viewpoint.
This is wrong. Agar's case on bloodqueen is dependent on the assumption that sims is scum.

The logic should be: lynch sims. if sims-scum, lynch BQ. If sims-town, then there is no case on BQ.

It does not follow in reverse. If BQ is scum, it does not follow that sims is any more likely to be scum, and if BQ is town, it does not say anything about sims' allignment.

I feel this is a strike 2 for Agar. First was pushing Gud's lynch without voting. I fear it is possible scum-agar could be setting up the potential for 2 mislynches. After BQ-town, sims can still be lynched later on because a BQ-town flip would not say anything about sims' allignment. While in reverse, a sims-town flip completely obliterates Agar's case on BQ.

In #167, Agar is claiming it's the other way around. I don't buy it because Agar suspected BQ of voting to prevent the lynch of scumpartner-sims - aka BQ is scum is supported if sims is scum, not the other way around.

Agar's appeal to authority might just be strike 3. I don't care how many games he's played, that doesn't make him a better scum hunter. By that metric, zwets would pwn us all. I think Agar is taking advantage of the fact that half the players in this game (and the majority of the most active posters currently) are new-er-ish.

I can't even begin to comprehend the last couple pages. Gud: Why did you claim SK?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

AGar wrote:Am I supposed to respond to 246?
I think you just did.

But if you want a direct question to answer, why BQ first instead of sims?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

hey guys, I've been having trouble reading all the thread and posting replies because of the board problems that have been going on. The end of the page won't load...
AGar wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
AGar wrote:Am I supposed to respond to 246?
I think you just did.

But if you want a direct question to answer, why BQ first instead of sims?
BQ's vote looked scum-motivated.

sims I don't have a behavior based scum-read on, only associative.

It was all in the timing and nature of BQ's vote.
I still don't understand the logic.

You said the scum motivation in BQ's vote was protecting scumbuddy sims. If sims is not scum, then whats the justification for BQ-scum? You haven't given any other justification, so your logic says that BQ is scum iff sims is scum. Which means sims should be lynched first, right? Because your case for BQ-scum is built on the assumption that sims is scum.

I can see scum motivation for going after BQ if both BQ and sims are town and you are scum. If BQ is town and you're just making up some BS wagon analysis tells to support lynches, a BQ mislynch does not rule out a sims mislynch on a later day, but a sims mislynch today would mean you no longer have a case on BQ and it would be harder to get a lynch there in later days. Sims is also less experienced and would be an easier opportunistic mislynch in later days, so more worthwhile for scum to keep around. I already have a town read on sims, which is why I can not buy into your reasoning to lynch BQ. I think your broken logic is scum motivated, so I'm going to

vote: Agar

----------------------------------------------------------------

Gud... should be lynched. He deserves to be lynched. But I don't think he's scum. We can lynch him, and all act surprised tomorrow that someone who is town could play so horribly, and we can justify by saying how anti-town he was and its good he's gone, and we can claim its best for the site overall to discourage this kind of play, but in this stand alone game it is about lynching scum - a town player is a town number, and right now, I think gud is probably town, and I can't support his lynch.

Gud, if you really are town, knock it off and learn how to play the status quo before you try to challenge it. How many of those 50 games that you like quoting the statistics of were you a part of? Do you even know what it is you're trying to change?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”