Mini 1094 - Mariposa Peak Mafia - Game Over!

sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:49 am

Post by sims5487 »

OMGUS
VOTE: Rhinox

I just got into work! TAKE A CHILL.

Also I'm on the fence about Reckamonic for referring to him/herself in the Royal "We".
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:39 am

Post by sims5487 »

Sorry all, lots of work yesterday so I am just getting to all this now. However in the meantime I am going to

Unvote: Rhinox
Vote: AGar
because I know him IRL and he is SUPER SCUMMY.

But I am also reading his stuff on Gud and the SS/CC nonsense so I'll be back with my thoughts on that in a bit.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by sims5487 »

ConfidAnon wrote: I don't like this. Why continue the RVS when we are clearly past it? Even if you haven't read up yet, you obviously know that there is more serious discussion going on. This post smells of not having much to say, but fear of being labelled a lurker causes you to make an unsubstantial post. I don't like the need to keep up appearances . . . it's more of a scum trait, I'd say.
WOAH! Holy smokes, are you for real right now? Firstly, who said I was trying to continue the RVS? Reading into my posts a bit much, aren't you?

But then again, what's wrong with continuing RVS? We're only a few days in, my friend, and right now there is little to go on despite the nonsense that CC & SS are throwing around. Additionally, just "knowing" there's a serious conversation going on doesn't mean I should go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through, no?

Frankly I'd say your sudden desire to jump on my back about one post shows an eagerness to get a quick lynch. What you did just there is far more of a scum-tell than anything I just said, in my opinion...
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by sims5487 »

ConfidAnon wrote:Nice overreaction.
What? That was hardly an overreaction. I think maybe you're the one overreacting, no?
Your reason for voting AGar was "he's scummy in real life." I think (or at least, I
hope
) you meant that as a joke vote. Joke votes are only really acceptable in the RVS. Therefore, a joke vote when we've moved past that is a continuation of the RVS.

2. Wait. First you deny that you were continuing the RVS, and then defend the RVS. It's almost as if you want to cover yourself regardless of which stance players take.
Right, when I posted that, it was a joke intended to be RVS before I had read (and then realized) that serious allegations were being made. EXCUUUUSE ME.
Joking around is fun, but it stifles productive discussion, and doing so while there are noteworthy events happening just clutters the thread. Your last sentence in this portion is interesting, considering you did go around voting willy-nilly without thinking things through while knowing there's a serious conversation going on.
Wow, talking about overreactions... It sounds to me like you found a person who made an innocuous joke and chose to grab the one hand-hold you have on me, because it's easy. You're attacking me just to attack me because you've got nothing else to go on right now. Seems a little presumptuous and trigger-happy to me. Which brings me to:
3. Where did you get the desire for a quick lynch from my post? There have been lots of votes cast in this game . . . does every voter want a quick lynch? I vote for who I find scummiest at the time, and your post was the scummiest thing I've seen. Your reaction is verification. But your hasty jump from one vote to someone wanting to quick lynch you is a poor argument, and makes you sound like you are flailing.
What? How is that flailing? There is a difference between flailing and defending myself against your vote because I feel like it's silly.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Guderian wrote:
Unvote

Vote: sims
Interesting. And what's your reason?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Ugh. Look, I am not going to try and defend myself for making a joke and pissing you off just because I was still in RVS when everyone else seemed to have moved on for what I see as weak reasons. And while I did acknowledge that there were serious conversations taking place I did also say I hadn't read them yet.

However, having read most of it, I think Carrotcake and singersinger are doing nothing but spinnin' wheels on all of page 3 and boring the hell out of me.

And I still wouldn't call my response an overreaction; if anyone's overreacting, again I say it's you. I think your sudden aggression based off of what I think was a pretty clear joke is pretty scummy itself.

Lastly, I don't know what you're angling by going meta on me, but I don't have any completed games. This is my 2nd and I'm currently in the middle of my first newbie.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #93 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Post by sims5487 »

No worries bruv, wasn't taking anything personally, just fighting fire with fire. Have played before many times before but not online anywhere. Wasn't offended you were getting meta, just found it interesting ;)
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Wait for real? Wow, I really didn't know it was reading like that. Is an OMGUS vote really considered overreacting in RVS? Yikes.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Alright, to clarify: The "take a chill" thing was just a joke. As you get to know me you'll know when I'm joking or not, don't worry ;) My apologies for not being more clear though. And my reaction to Confid was not out of anger but more spit-take style surprise and confusion.

S'alright? S'alright.

That said, while I find Gud's vote for me suspect, what else makes him so scummy that you'd be on board for a lynch?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:01 am

Post by sims5487 »

Thor665 wrote:He needs to learn that caps lock doesn't equate to awesome - it equates to yelling.
Ugh. Please don't talk to me (or in this case,
about
me, as though I can't read your post) like an idiot or a child -- it gets neither of us anywhere, in this game or in general.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 am

Post by sims5487 »

AGar - You presume correctly.

Sorry for stirring the waters everybody. I would like the point out that as suspicious as my (apparent) overreaction may seem to you, there is something to be said for an overreaction to an overreaction (not to get too circular here). Which is the point I was trying to make about confid.

Confid your argument is weak. Checking in with a post is hardly a scum tell, it's staying active in the game. I think maybe it's a fair argument to make, but on its own it lacks substance. That is why I "overreacted". I was surprised that you would consider something like that a scum tell.

AGar I'm still not sure what your case is on BQ. You've been awfully quiet, save for your initial "vote" on Gud (whom you conveniently forgot to actually vote for...)

I'm also not a fan of Power jumping on the anti-me bandwagon by just simply restating all the aforementioned weak arguments. Making an RVS vote when we were "clearly" out of RVS stage was perhaps a newb mistake (even though I still see nothing wrong with it as I hadn't, at that point, had much information to go on for anything), but to blow it up into such a big thing is suspicious and opportunistic.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:42 am

Post by sims5487 »

Thor665 wrote:Saying that this "is the point [you were] trying to make about Confid" strikes me as somewhat revisionist. You were making the point that he overreacted - now that people are saying you overreacted you appear to have a new storyline in place. Thoughts?
How so? I made the argument that Confid overreacted to my "overreaction" and I still believe that. In regards to everyone
else
saying I was indeed overreacting (which I still don't think I was doing), I merely acknowledged that and apologized. So nothing's changed here.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:24 am

Post by sims5487 »

AGar are you f'real right now? Sounding a little paranoid to me, that whole strategy you concocted seems a bit involved to me especially for this early in the game.

Thought I do agree with you on Gud, particularly because he voted for me with no explanation and then completely ghosted.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by sims5487 »

ConfidAnon wrote:Seems like a bit to idealistic to peg the scumteam based on only what has happened thus far, but your logic is sound.
Hahahahaha! The irony of this being your reply to a post about bandwagons is unbelievable. Palpable, even.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:51 am

Post by sims5487 »

These two posts are the smartest thing you've said all game, Gud.

AGar, I'm not sure how you can say you wagon theory is "rock solid". It's weak, at best. It's way too idealistic and perfect to be true, even if it is "logical".

I don't trust Thor trying to be buddy-buddy but I don't know if I would say that's a scum tell just yet...
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #217 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:07 am

Post by sims5487 »

I am going to go with a loose theory here; as a n00b, any and all are welcome to point out holes and inaccuracies (and in Thor's case, annoyances with CAPS and posting etiquette). I'm starting to think maybe Gud is scum and claiming SK in hopes that we'd offer allegiance (as CarrotCake has done), thus ensuring the survival of at least one scum to endgame. Other people have pointed out some scummy behavior from CC; it would make sense that she, as scum, would try to jumpstart a ridiculous campaign to offer him sanctuary and use him as anti-scum rather than anti-town. Thoughts?

Unvote
Vote: Guderian
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 am

Post by sims5487 »

ConfidAnon wrote:The bolded bothers me. It is noted that you didn't start referring to yourself as a newb until others wrote off your odd behavior earlier as newbtells.
Holy god, are we still on about this? I admitted to being a newb as soon as the question of my experience was brought up. Nothing to hide there. Why is that still stuck in your craw?
Guderian wrote:How? I dont understand any of this post. Offer allegiance???
Okay. As soon as you claimed SK, CarrotCake piped up an immediately started defending you, going so far as to posit that we should not only avoid voting for you, but
keep you alive for as long as possible
to use you as leverage and get you to help us lynch scum.

Sounds like an allegiance to me, no?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:52 am

Post by sims5487 »

singersigner wrote:1. This is irrelevant. The only relevance it has is when you start using it to defend your actions. Oh wait... No, we're not going to hold your hand. Just give us what you have, and THEN we'll tell you if it's dumb. Don't try to preemptively cover up dumb cases by saying "oh I'm not good, I'm just a newb" etc.
No problem. If it is to everyone's liking, I will clearly mark any and all sarcasm from here on out. (For the record this is less sarcasm and more of a cynical retort.)
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

Post by sims5487 »

Guderian wrote:I was kidding about claiming serial killer
LOLWUT
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Wait. So you want us to believe, in retrospect, that this was all some sort master plan you concocted from the minute you claimed SK to shake up the status quo and change some perceived archetype in the game in an effort to confuse the scum into losing?

This does not even begin to approach ludicrous (or Ludacris, for that matter).
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #20) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:18 pm

Post by sims5487 »

I don't know if I'd call it boat-rocking so much as I would call it a massive covering-my-tracks maneuver.

Besides, if we're going to start crunching statistics, let's crunch statistics. Sure the percentage is 76%, but do you really think 50 games is a large enough sample size to make that sort of claim and have it be strong enough to support your wacky "I meant for this all along, guys!" strategy?

Additionally, if you're the mastermind you claim to be when it comes to predicting the behavior of townies and scum within a game, how can you be surprised that everyone has turned on you? Why even try to fight your lynching? Surely you saw this coming...
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #270 (isolation #21) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Guderian wrote:by the way, from my view, All of sims/singer/power had the same reaction to my claim, which I didn't expect. All are newer, so I expected the scum among them to act differently. But, Basically along the lines of, he claims SK, hes mafia, lynch him!
Oh this is absolute nonsense. I didn't think you were scum only because you claimed SK. Go back and read my posts; that was just one folly in a long list of scummy moves you've made this whole game.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Right. So then all any of this has shown was that I am sticking to my vote because the peak of your scum-tell pile is resting comfortably in the ionosphere somewhere.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:53 am

Post by sims5487 »

Thor665 wrote:Why was it a scummy action though? Which anti-town role wants to paint a giant target on its chest day one? The action was bad and relatively pointless regardless of his alignment and is thus a null action - why do you disagree?
If you go back and look, the case against Gud as scum really starts to heat up just before he claims SK. I think it was less of a target-painting tactic and more of a diversionary one. He knew he had slipped up and came off as scummy, so as a last-ditch effort he claimed a role that would justify his weird actions without being scum.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #334 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:31 am

Post by sims5487 »

He's fucking with us.

Lynch him.
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (isolation #25) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:18 am

Post by sims5487 »

Seraphim wrote:
Who is willing to bet that there's at least one scum on here, if not two?

Reckamonic
singersigner
Powerrox93
sims5487
AGar
ConfidAnon
You named more than half of the remaining players of the game there, son. How about being a little more specific? Perhaps elaborate a bit more on your CarrotCake vote (who, is on ANOTHER list of people you claim contain scum)
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #26) » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by sims5487 »

Carrotcake wrote:I also know Guderian from a past game, he was a cool calm fella. And such irrational movements from him wasn't indicative scum.
Oh come on. I know I'm a newbie here and all but to sit there and blame us for lynching someone for irrational behavior is just ridiculous. Is that not one of the main things we're looking for to find scum?
sims5487
sims5487
Townie
sims5487
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:16 am

Post by sims5487 »

Hey all, sorry for the absence sans submitting a V/LA. Been trying to catch up, and quite honestly it looks like a whole lot of spinnin' tires. Haven't really seen a strong case for anybody as scum yet, and still not entirely sure why I keep coming in AGar's posts. I'd like to hear something really concrete.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”