q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by q21 »

DarthYoshi wrote:What time zone are you in?

Do you prefer RQS or RVS? Why?

How much mafia experience do you have?
GMT+1 or +2... depends on whether the English have decided to shift their clocks back at the moment.
RVS. Less typing.
On MS, 30ish games played & 3 modded. Elsewhere... I'm too lazy to bother checking - 10-15 more I think.
ICEninja wrote:I'd like to add this question:
About how much posting can we expect from you?

I post generally every day, often repeatedly, and with quite lengthy posts. Expect to hear a lot from me. I am, however, in the process of getting a job, which could significantly decrease my time spent here.
Depends entirely on how often there is a conjunction between me having something to say and time to type. Also, good luck on the job hunt - am busy doing to same myself.
implosion wrote:I officially declare RVS over btw.
Screw you, I haven't had a turn to make my one completely baseless vote for the game. And on that note,

Vote over9000
Because this is a mini game and 9000 is much to large a number for a mini.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Post by q21 »

Unvote

So Weapons intentionally made a minor contradiction in the hope that scum would jump on it. Apparently it was a trap? Yeah... No, I'm not buying it.

Vote Weapons

Nameless wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:Nameless--what exactly is bothering you about Ninja's posts [...]
There is no need for you to be jumping in and defending another player at this point. Not liking this.
Darth's question was perfectly valid. Your reaction, though, is unnaturally defensive and is therefore scummy.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:12 am

Post by q21 »

I too dislike mongoose choosing to go with a further joke vote rather than a genuine suspicion.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by q21 »

neil1113 wrote:... Wow. You guys are overwhelming. I'm keeping up with everything, but I unfortunately can't really put anything in to add. When the size gets smaller, I think I'll be able to help more. :)

Also, great Neko. You just posted and now it looks as though I'm posting just because my name was thrown out. This is NOT how it was. And no, I won't give a list of scum and town reads. Gives scum a chance to pick off who their next victim is. So thanks, but no thanks.
So in the first paragraph you're asking for a free ride to a later stage of the game where there are less players because according to you you'll be better then? Not gonna happen.

The second paragraph doesn't sit well either. Maybe you are posting just because your name came up, maybe you aren't. Your comment here doesn't actually tell us, one way or the other. What it does do is tell us that you're afraid of appearing to be posting just because your name was mentioned, and that is scummy.

I don't like the posting of entire lists of reads that has been going on for a bit. Don't like it to the extent that I'm leaning toward suspicion of those who participated, possible scum trying to start a trend they can use to gauge the towns feeling on the game. Minor FoS for Implosion and mb.

I am amused by Nameless calling out neil for not answering questions... pots and kettles anyone?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #4) » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:31 am

Post by q21 »

silavor wrote:-snip-

Hey, 2-for-one deal! I got the entire scumteam- oh, wait, but then how is ICE scum, as well?
Obviously
we have three scum in this game! Or, more likely, we have a bunch of townies nitpicking each other's comments to bits because we're only part way through page 2, and the game's been going for less than 24 hours at this point.

-snip-

This same argument can just as easily be made towards Nameless, since he also managed to get someone to hop on my wagon, Zdenek. The point is, though, unless we have three scum in the game and they would all out themselves so easily, how can we take the case against one of them as "obvscum trying to create a false case", while dropping the others as just being "town pointing out an anomaly"?

-snip-
Scumslip time. Three scum would be the norm for this game. The fact that you suggest, twice in one post no less, that it is more likely that there are only 2 suggests that you know something more than the average townie should.

Unvote, Vote Nameless

Everyone vote Nameless.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:45 am

Post by q21 »

Unvote, Vote Silavor

Everyone vote Silavor.

Should have proof read... but I'd been up for 19 hours. I was tired. And Nameless is another sucmread of mine, sadly I mixed them up.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:21 am

Post by q21 »

Nameless wrote:q21 is a dodgy third. Some of his early points are just 'I agree' and the entirety of his last few days scumhunting amounts to jumping up and yelling 'AH HA!' at a careless mistake ... while simultaneously making a careless mistake himself. (Yes I know they're not the same, but it still kind of weakens your argument.
95% of all day 1 scum lynches are based on scumslips (which you try to ameliorate by calling it a careless mistake) - bare in mind that 87% of stats are entirely made up. In other news 17% of white rats got cancer from watching TV. Point is, the percentage isn't important, the fact that a lot of day 1 scum lynches are based on scumslips which makes is a perfectly valid move to stand up and shout "AH HA!" when I see one.

Scumreads at this point in the game:

Silavor is scum for his scumslip. Also for his pushing neil for replacing out - there is absolutely no way of knowing if his RL reason for replacing isn't perfectly legitimate.

mongoose is scum for voting me. And before you drag your soapboxes out and start crying OMGUS: Its not the vote for me itself that matters is the fact that he continued his RVS voting logic once RVS was obviously over. He himself already had an actual suspect, but chose not to vote there.

Nameless is scum mostly for his aggressive response to Darth's question early in the game. Town just answers the question, scum attacks it. Also, his coin flip selection of who to vote recently doesn't sit well.

At least 1, probably 2 scum here.

implosion/mb - Lesser scumreads on these two, but I'm not liking their lists from earlier. Really not buying mb's "I forgot it was scummy" excuse.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 am

Post by q21 »

silavor wrote:
q21 wrote: Silavor is scum for his scumslip. Also for his pushing neil for replacing out - there is absolutely no way of knowing if his RL reason for replacing isn't perfectly legitimate.
Since when have I pushed neil for replacing out?
How
could I have pushed neil
if he replaced out?
Your logic makes absolutely no sense. If you mean when I asked if anyone knew why he replaced out, I fail to see how that's scummy
at all,
given that I had a
legitimate meta-based concern
regarding Neil potentially being scum.
Meta based reads revolving around players replacing out are never legitimate. I did misread this post though:
silavor wrote:
neil1113 wrote: I'm Vanilla Town. Which is why, to be honest, this was quite an undesirable game for me to replace into. I'm not used to not having a night action.
Newbie 1035
Of course, it turns out he was scum in the end, but he was speaking to DDD about meta things, so I'm assuming he was trying to cash in on a meta he had built. I never actually bothered investigating his past games, though, as I was already dead by that point in the game, so it's entirely possible he was just trying to screw with us back then.
This is a situation in which he replaced into a game not one where he replaced out, so you're right you weren't providing evidence that he was scum based on the fact that he replaced out. However, even in this new light I find this post scummy: even if replacement meta was ever useful this is a different situation so this meta has no value at all. It therefore occurs to me that you're a moron (and I tend to assume that people who choose to play mafia aren't morons) or that you're trying to look like your providing information and thereby helping the town when really you are doing nothing of the sort.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:08 pm

Post by q21 »

Nameless wrote:
q21 wrote:
Nameless wrote:Some of [q21's] early points are just 'I agree' and the entirety of his last few days scumhunting amounts to jumping up and yelling 'AH HA!' at a careless mistake
Point is, the percentage isn't important, the fact that a lot of day 1 scum lynches are based on scumslips which makes is a perfectly valid move to stand up and shout "AH HA!" when I see one.
That is exactly not my point. Don't strawman; I'm calling you scummy for
only
doing that and making a lot of posts without any scumhunting of your own. (BTW, I never actually attacked DarthYoshi's question. I attacked the paragraph of defence he followed it with.)
Sorry, the point about my early posts just being 'I agree' posts was false and I didn't see a reason to respond to that point - when I called out Zdenek for his second random vote that was new, and while others had said neil's actions prior to asking for replcement were scummy, I actually explained why. The point about me calling the scumslip is factually true, but not scummy so I said as much.
Nameless wrote:
DarthYoshi wrote:Nameless--what exactly is bothering you about Ninja's posts [...]
There is no need for you to be jumping in and defending another player at this point. Not liking this.
Looks like you're attacking the question to me. You made something of a clarification, I know, but that gets a fair bit less weight since it wasn't in your next post to Darth.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Post by q21 »

King was sheeping what appeared to be a good case without checking if it was in fact a good case. I sheep sometimes, but never without checking the facts and I read anyone who blindly sheeps as scummy. Possibly sheeping a case by your buddy Nameless?
Nameless wrote:
q21 wrote:Sorry, the point about my early posts just being 'I agree' posts was false and I didn't see a reason to respond to that point
Awesome. So can I get a free ticket to ignore any accusations against me, since I know they're false too?
If they are factually inaccurate rather than just interpretively inaccurate, go ahead.
Nameless wrote:As to the 'attacking the question' argument, I've already admitted that my choice of quote culling (hence the [...]) was crappy - but if you read the full paragraph I was responding to, it's pretty obvious which parts I was attacking. I'll provide them in bold below.
I know what you've admitted to, I referenced it earlier along with the fact that there was a whole back and forth before you made that admission which makes it seems rather less sincere.

Also rather dislike the wifom sloshing around at the end of this post. On the whole implosion comes out of you and his little back and forth looking much better than Nameless.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Post by q21 »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:
Zdenek wrote:
1216 wrote: I changed my votes like that because it looked like nameless had a pretty good case on implosion being scum, but then implosion gave a pretty good defense post and I realised that the only scum motivation I could think of for implosion's posts would be if _over9000 was scum. Also, I'm not gonna stay on implosion, who is actually defending himself, when _over9000 still apparently requires more pressure to do so. (Hintedy hint hint, Mr. over.)
First you say that the case looked good, which implies that you read it and understood it, so you think Implosion is scum. Then you move your vote because he defends himself, and because Implosion is only scum if 9000 is scum. This seems to me like a bad excuse to move your vote and like lining up lynches. Also, when you say that for Implosion to be scummy 9000 must be scum, are you just referring to the fact that Implosion on longer wants to push the 9000 wagon?
1. I did in fact read the case, yes. :igmeou: The specific defense that implosion gave I believe was, "Your quotes are out of context. Also, misrep." At the time of me voting I had not, in fact, looked back at where the quotes were. (actually I still havn't, I should go do that soon.)
2. "and like lining up lynches"? What?
3. I mean what I said, the only scum motivation (other than pretty bad play) that I can think of for him saying what he has about the people voting for _over9000 would be if over is also scum. If over was town he could have just waited till tommorow to say stuff about people on his wagon being scum and not risked himself at all.
4. What scum reasoning
would
implosion have for doing what he has did if over is town? 'Cause I can't think of any.
1. So you admit to blindly sheeping?
2. Agree with you here.
3 & 4: You seem to be assuming implosion is scum, am I reading that right?

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 am

Post by q21 »

So King was blindly sheeping followed by jumping off that sheep vote (which was on implosion, who he still thinks scummy) onto someone else who, it seems, his suspicion is largely based on implosion being scum. This is coming across as scummy. He's using a relationship based argument when neither member of that relationship has flipped scum yet... it seems more like he's trying to excuse his jump onto the leading wagon of the day. We can lynch silavor later when we maybe have some evidence of multiple scum teams (which would make his slip rather damning) or not (which would make his excuse rather more believable). For now we should lynch King.

Unvote, Vote King

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:08 am

Post by q21 »

If that's what you've meant all along then your posting hasn't come across that way. The town can go back and read you in context, for themselves and decide.

q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 am

Post by q21 »

I am relocating for work in the next week and am therefore going to be busy until I leave and unlikely to have personal access to the internet for a while after I arrive. As such I have decided to ask for replacement from all my currently ongoing games. Having to move this quickly is a little unexpected and I apologise to the mods and players I will be leaving, I know how much it sucks to have to go searching for replacements.

I hereby officially request replacement from this game.

Sorry again,
q21

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”