Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Setael »

Hi everyone. Pine and tarsonisocelot are scum. I'd vote TO but my scum read on Pine is stronger so I'd prefer he die today. Pine's first D2 post is lollapalobvscum. If there's a third I'd lean toward P.T. but Pine said something at one point that indicated there are 2 scum so I'm thinking maybe 2 scum and a traitor or something to that effect.

Sorry in advance for the wall.

-xalxe too apologetic for votes and joking posts 12 and 16

-xalxe post 45 tries to throw suspicion on jahudo for putting idiot at 3 votes. xalxe unvotes - this is fishy. why is L-4 so terrible?

-Idiot calls him on this and xalxe accuses him of OMGUS... wha?

-Post 55 = possible connection between PT barnum and xtoxm.

-So then Xalxe says “Heh. Heh. ITT I fail at math; I honestly thought you were within idiotscum (not to be confused with idiotking) quickhammah range. Plus it was a random vote anyway, and we've got a bit more info now.” which I don’t buy at all. He had TWO votes - how could he possibly have thought he was within quickhammer range? And if he DID think that, he wouldn’t have felt it necessary to say the “plus it was a random vote anyway” part.

-andrew post 61 is strange. there are a lot of reasons to be voting xalxe at this point, but his telling jarudo not to answer a question aimed at someone else is not one of them.

-cecily’s 76 seems town

-PTBarnum 83 again looks like PT and xalxe could be buddies. He calls xalxe out for the crazy, but then distances himself/softens the accusation with the “I’m only pushing this point because...”

-mike mike post 107 feels town

-xalxe post 111 is scummy - sheeps cecily and then pretty much repeats exactly what she said in more detail and with weird things added to make it look like new content. (ie on the weird - that if pappums is scum, voided is most likely town unless this is a good pappum-voided gambit)

-mikemike is town. no scum would dare rolefish as blatantly as mike mike did in 112.

-Jinx 117 gives me town vibes. Unlikely that scum would post bragging that they were right about voided like this when they know he’s about to flip town.

-xalxe post 123 looks very much like xalxe knows voided is town

-xalxe post 126 - weird that he lists his scum reads as voided and pappums when it’d make more sense that one is town if the other is scum. Also, odd that he’s finally bringing up the post where PT Barnum defended him and calling it scummy.

-xalxe 143 wanting to end the day early. post reads as though he knows pappums is gambiting

-post 150 makes me think havingfitz could be town. I think scum, knowing voided would flip town, wouldn’t push ending the day early so hard

-xalxe defends pappums and says there is no scum motivation for his gambit (when there is, obviously. gambit for town cred, coming clean to avoid being lynched D2 after voided flips town.)

-neil calls him on this and says “How on EARTH could you make such a solid comment with so much clarity, unless of course you know who the scum and who the town are? In which case, that'd make you Mafia. Could this be a scum slip? Anyways may I ask you, apart from the obvious "reaction fishing" fallacy, how on earth do you see this at all to be town motivated?”

-It's unlikely that scum would defend a buddy so blatantly, so probably xalxe is scum and pappums is town

-Jahudo said in post 210 “If voided is town, scum had great incentive to get a hammer before pappums revealed his gambit. They would not have asked people to wait for pappums to answer questions, or asked the game to play out longer because a mislynch would mean an automatic day 2 wagon on pappums for not revealing the gambit sooner. Their best case scenario could be going into day 3 after two mislynches and minimal scumhunting. Even cautious scum wouldn't pass that up.”

-Then Jahudo’s logic in 243 is that scum would’ve felt comfortable on the wagon and comfortable calling for a quicklynch.

-I disagree completely and think the opposite of his conclusion is more likely. The fact that pappums had claimed an investigation would actually make scum more wary of being on the wagon, not less - the scum still knew voided was town (and therefore knew it was a gambit - either that or pappums is scum so they wouldn’t want to blatantly link themselves to it) so they would have been extremely hesitant - more so than regular wagons even. Xalxe and P.T. Barnum’s reactions are more cautious/scummy whereas Cecily and HavingFitz are less cautious/townie.

-end of p. 9 - neil is town

-Cecily p 242 townie

-Jerbs 244 is scummy. Avoids commenting on much and says he wants pappums killed for lying.

-PT post 270 says “Fair enough, though if I had been scum I probably would have assumed that voided was an SK. Pappum's claim as a gambit is still surprising to me.” This is interesting. I doubt any of the townies considered that pappums might have caught the SK. The fact that Pappums says this makes me wonder if this was his genuine reaction to Pappums gambit. He thought Pappums had found the SK. In spite of this, I think scum still would've been pretty hesitant with the wagon, since though they'd consider SK they'd know it was way more likely to be a gambit.

-Idiot’s reasoning in 281 and 283 for thinking fitz is scum is exactly why I think he’s town. He says “He absolutely believed that pappums was town when pappums claimed cop, which is just a poor conclusion to reach, given that it could have been (and was) a gambit or a lie.” Only a townie would do that, because scum would know it was almost definitely a gambit.

-neil 304 reads townie

-Pine’s first post 316 pretty much confirms pappums as town and pine as scum. 332 is scummy - wants to end day early with pappum lynch and says his gambit gained no info. BS.

-TO’s initial post raises flags for declaring pine town

-pine 364 scummy - discusses mafia strategy and then unvotes and revotes pappums. fluff disguised as content

-Pine 366 is scum guaranteeing a safe place on both leading wagons

-371 - Pine guages town’s support for his mislynch of pappums

-pine’s post 396 “Fitz has convinced me that Cecily should be suspect #1 on D2.” lolsheeping

-Jahudo’s post 401 re: Pine’s scumminess is win. This post is probably why Jahudo was NK'd. (*high five* for drawing a NK as VT, Jahudo.)

-Pine’s post 478 accusing TO of waffling and basically instructing her to vote (and the fact that TO ignored it completely) indicates a scum link between TO and Pine

-Pine’s 487 is uber scummy. He says “I'm worried that if we wait for a replacement on PR, they're going to use the slack we all subconsciously give to replacements to their advantage. In my mind, PR's spot is confirmed scum, and I am concerned that a replacement is just going to wriggle out of it.

-Hammer, please.” So not only is he trying to get pappums hammered before replacements can weigh in, didn't he earlier accuse others of being scummy for this exact thing (getting rid of a player about to be replaced)? - Need to look back at this.

-Post 492 Pine indicates the game has 2 scum (he says getting his scum read pappums lynched would make it a "one scum game". Especially where it seems more likely there'd be 3 scum, this reeks of inside info.

-Post 504 TO votes Pine without giving a reason and says she’ll move her vote “to where it will count” the next day. Pretty obvious and poor attempt at distancing.

-525 Nacho puts the first vote on Voided. I'm very interested in this wagon, as scum would be motivated to make it happen as they know Voided is a PR that will be confirmed D2.

-andrew had given me mostly town vibes but chkflip’s logic for supporting the voided wagon is weak.

-bub 540 is townie, but he should’ve gone with Pine instead of Neil.

-Pine 544 doesn’t address Bub’s points against him but instead disagrees that both wagons are unlikely to be scum.

-Neil asked voided if there’s a way to test her role claim. This was a townie mindset.

-Nacho had pretty solid reasons for restarting the Voided wagon. P.T. Barnum’s 573 is more sketchy. Mike makes a good point about it when he says, “If the neighbor-neighborizor thing was enough to lynch him on its own as you've said and said then why vote for Andrew here ? Seems a very woolly vote really..."

-Pine 577 again is scummy. Says he’s lurking because Nacho is a good player who might be able to worm out of the wagon. This makes more sense as a reason to be really active and posting to keep the pappums/Nacho wagon strong if he really thought he was scum, rather than a reason to hide. Pine should’ve just posted “I’m lurking because I’d absolutely love a Voided wagon but don’t want to draw suspicion by moving off Nacho and onto Voided, so instead I’ll just sit back and let things happen naturally.”

-So then post 580 Pine says Nacho is scum so he's taking everything he says with a bucket of salt, but he’s making absolutely no attempt to refute Nacho or engage him in any way.

-Pine 604 with mafia theory about neighborizer being a bad fakeclaim. Completely avoiding posting any content. Very clearly just sitting back and seeing which mislynch goes through.

-bub’s vote i get town vibes from, but TO’s in 608 is scumtastic. also says “Pine I’m not keen on” which is the perfect thing to say about a scum buddy that you just voted but certainly never planned to try to get wagoned. (Keep in mind that she cleared Pine as town upon first replacing in and I don't recall her ever giving a solid reason for losing that. If in fact, she had found something Pine did scummy at some point she'd have mentioned it and she'd have acknowledged his soft accusation that she was waffling.)

-So then we have Pine's hammer, which is possibly the scummiest hammer I’ve ever read. Says he’s going to post a case for Voided as town and then hammers her for saying she’d be willing to self vote to avoid a no lynch. It’s priceless that he says “I'm really, really torn now” and gives her playstyle instructions if she flips town and then immediately hammers.

TOWN

Cecily
HavingFitz
mikemike
pappums/Nacho
jerbs/bub
neil

Scum

Xalxe/Pine
jinxx/TO

Leaning scum - (maybe traitor?)

P.T. Barnum

Null read on everyone else.

vote: Pine
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Post by Setael »

Bus! Bus! Bus!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:18 pm

Post by Setael »

P.T. Barnum wrote:
Setael wrote: Mike makes a good point about it when he says, “If the neighbor-neighborizor thing was enough to lynch him on its own as you've said and said then why vote for Andrew here ? Seems a very woolly vote really...
Answered this already. It would be courteous of you to mention my objection.
Your objection did not allay my suspicion of your original statement enough to warrant mentioning it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:21 am

Post by Setael »

P.T. Barnum wrote:
Setael wrote: Your objection did not allay my suspicion of your original statement enough to warrant mentioning it.
Well, at least you're admitting to being an ass.

How do you figure? Or is this just straight up ad-hom?

If I included every response or objection to every point I put in my original post, it would've been 3 times as long. Clearly, anything said to refute the points I listed did not require me posting them. Just because you addressed a point doesn't mean it didn't happen and it certainly doesn't mean I have to address you addressing it, especially if I didn't find your argument that convincing. (Also, fyi - I find that scum do this quite often, wanting the points against them dropped just because they addressed it. Town does sometimes too, but scum more so. So there's that.)

TO wrote:I don't think that saying someone "seems town" is quite as strong as a declaration. At the time Pine seemed to be contributing, later events and the posts of others gave me a different feeling.

One of the posts that made me doubt Pine.

Do you see why a gut town feel several pages previously might have seemed less like something to rely on with posts like this?

When I was replacing in Pine seemed fairly town to me, many little things had made me trust my initial feeling much less. Therefore he was now on the "less town" side of my list.
Why did you never mention this about any of his posts? You avoided interacting with him and unless I missed it, you never mentioned that your read on him was changing and never questioned these things that supposedly were changing your read. Why not?
TO wrote:
Setael wrote:-pine 364 scummy - discusses mafia strategy and then unvotes and revotes pappums. fluff disguised as content
Didn't notice that before. Why would scum do that?
Are you asking me? Or is this a rhetorical question meant to make us doubt that PineScum would do this?

It seems odd that you'd be asking me since the answer is in the post you just quoted, but if you are I'll clarify - like I said I think the whole post is fluff disguised as content. That's something scum does to look like they're contributing without having to post anything that might draw attention to them or that could help the town later when they flip.
TO wrote:The post he referred to as waffling was a layout of the potential outcome of the lynch (had fitz or rat been lynched) and the motivations. I did respond to it being called fluff by trying to explain why I had though it through - if one of those two had been killed by this point I would be using that reasoning to think about the other's likely alignment. I was not at that point willing to put someone to L2 or higher, there was no need to respond to the "more voting" part (I did vote lateron the grounds that my vote wouldn't do any harm being on some other suspicious player as I weighed up the existing wagons). Responding to that post and Neil's at the same time is not the same as ignoring.
It's not that you ignored it entirely, it's that you avoided any interaction with Pine. You didn't address his post at all which you're much more likely to do if he's your scum buddy imo. Especially if you were starting to find him scummier like you say, your avoidance of him is telling.
TO wrote: I missed this post. Guess this means if we lynch Pine and he's scum(which presently seems likely) then we can take it that there's only one left. Nice.
What makes you think there wouldn't be a 3rd - a traitor or something like that? Do you and Pine have strong PRs which makes you think it's just you 2?
TO wrote:
Setael wrote:-Post 504 TO votes Pine without giving a reason and says she’ll move her vote “to where it will count” the next day. Pretty obvious and poor attempt at distancing.
Pine was obviously not a likely candidate for actual lynching on Day 1. Pine was still a bit suspicious and it did no harm there.
The only reason you'd vote someone just because they're not a likely lynch candidate and because it does no harm there is if you're scum buddies and you want to distance. That's my point, which you've just confirmed.
TO wrote:
Setael wrote:Neil asked voided if there’s a way to test her role claim. This was a townie mindset.
I agree. But the way Voided wanted them to not reveal seems counterproductive to the idea that neighborizing would prove town-ness.
What is your motivation in saying this? Are you trying to undermine my town read of Neil? Or are you saying this is why you did not ask about testing the role claim? Or are you saying this as a reason for your read on Voided yesterday? Please clarify.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Setael »

TO wrote:You still seem to think that answering a players questions == avoiding that player. Why does that seem odd to me?
If I had to guess, it's because you're desperately looking for a reason to be suspicious of me.

Can you please quote where you answered pine's questions? I'm not referring to any question he asked you so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I'm talking about where he accused you of waffling and told you to vote and you ignored him. You say that you explained your post better as a response to him, but that's not how you would've responded if you were town who was getting a stronger and stronger scum read on him. It IS how you'd respond to avoid interacting too much with a scum buddy.

I don't think you should be today's lynch, as much of my suspicion of you relies on Pine being scum. I'll come back to you after he flips scum. (Or if Pine flips scum and I get NK'd tonight the rest of you better revisit the pine-TO connection since it's pretty glaring.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Setael »

PT wrote:And I find replacement-scum often bring up an old, irrelevant point and imply that the accused player ignored it.
What is this? How is it old and irrelevant just because you addressed it? And how did I imply that you ignored it? I listed a LOT of posts I thought were scummy and rarely if ever mentioned anyone addressing them. What makes you so special? And nice little veiled accusation that I'm scum there. You really think I'm scum JUST because I didn't pay homage to you addressing that?

Here's the main reason I don't give your response to mike much weight. You said this yesterday:
PT wrote:We should vote who we want to vote until we're under the pressure of a deadline (six days does not qualify) or there is a compelling reason to end the day (there isn't)

And yet, in spite of making that statement you did exactly the opposite re: voided. If you really thought his claim was enough to lynch him then he'd have been who you wanted to be voting. You'd have fought for that wagon. Instead, you voted andrew and basically said "I don't have any faith in this wagon, so when it gets closer to deadline I'll hop on the largest wagon." (Bolded below):
PT wrote:I like lynches on these two. I don't know which is more likely to get a wagon, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say andrew, just because Pine is still a fresh face. If there's interest in Pine I'll switch immediately.
Vote: andrew

Come deadline time, if we continue to limit our choices to fitz and pappums, I'll vote pappums, as I've already said. But I hope that can be avoided.
When you vote Nacho, the only reason you give is that you don't think fitz is scum so you better jump on the Nacho wagon! Here's the post:
P.T. Barnum wrote:
voided wrote:Everyone else not voting Fitz/Nacho: Guys, there's three days left, and we'll no lynch if Fitz or Nacho aren't lynched. Unless you can whip up some amazing case to persuade the majority to someone else, WE NEED TO LYNCH ONE OF THEM TODAY IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!
I agree with this, much as I don't like it.
I don't think havingfitz is scum.
Unvote
Vote Nacho
At this point there were 3 days left and then there was even an extension. So what happened to the "We should vote who we want to vote"? Every one of your votes are terrible. You don't try to make a solid case, you don't pressure the person you're voting and you don't really try to get your suspect wagoned. And then it turns out that the whole time you really wanted Voided wagoned. And yet you never voted her when there was plenty of time to get a wagon going if you were so sure she was scum, or even brought up much against her in the first place to try to keep momentum on her original wagon. Here's the post where you finally voted her (in spite of your supposed surety she was scum because of her claim):
P.T. Barnum wrote:If there's renewed interest in a voided wagon I'm totally up for that. I particularly like his recent appeal to newbieness- that's a last resort if I've ever heard one. The neighbor-neighborizor bit, as I've said and said, would be enough to lynch him.
Besides, the deadline's been extended.
Unvote
Vote: voided
So I agree with Mike that if you thought voided was scum all along because of her claim, it makes no sense that you dropped her entirely the way you did. And your "well, it didn't look like the wagon was going to happen" looks pretty weak when she ended up lynched yesterday. Your hesitancy to actively push a wagon and really be the driving force between getting someone lynched looks terriscummy.

So here's the nutshell of your response that you want us to think should make the whole point against you go away:
PT wrote:There are a few people in this game with satisfactory reasons for a lynch. You seem to be saying that once someone commits a bad scumtell, every subsequent post and vote of mine should be devoted to lynching them. I don't think that's useful.
Wagons lead to reactions. Voided had his wagon, and I didn't think there was any interest for a future one. I tried to start one on andrew. Since we're so close to lynching, though, I figure lynching voided is far superior to lynching the other two.
And yes, I did forget about voided somewhat, but I guess I got bored with [her] and wanted to stir the pot.
If you really thought she was scum and thought the claim was from certain scum, you wouldn't forget about her. Only scum forgets what their reads are supposed to be. And as for the "every subsequent post should be devoted to lynching them" somewhere in the middle would be nice. All you do is "stir the pot" with a
very
small spoon, and it's the equivalent of laying low. I'm not saying you have to tunnel, but you should make SOME kind of effort to actually get your suspects wagoned instead of just hanging out and waiting for others to do the work (and therefore be targeted with the suspicion) and waiting to put your vote on the biggest wagon. This is what you did, and it's scummy.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Setael »

It doesn't get much worse than a defense that is basically 'The case on me is so solid that all I can do is try to cast suspicion on the person who posted it.' It is ridiculous to say that my entire case is based on xalxe when a lot of what I posted was specifically about Pine.

If Pine is a tracker, he's a scum tracker. More likely he's just lying, since if he were really a tracker, he would've posted his N1 results when he claimed.

@ Pine - Questions I'd love answered:

1. What about PT/xalxe's interactions made you think they were scum buddies?

2. What makes you think the scum team is just 2 people?

3. What makes you think I would choose you if I were scum deciding who to make a case on before I ever read a single post, as you've accused me of? If you supposedly found xalxe so scummy when you read the thread, wouldn't that lead you to think others who found xalxe scummy were also townies seeing the same thing you did?

I'm about 99% sure the truthful answer to all of this is "I'm scum so everything I say is a lie" except the 2-man scum team which I think you let slip accidentally, but I'd still like to hear your answers.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Setael »

chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: P.T.
VOTE: Satael

Way too interested in rushing the current wagon, amongst other scummy things they've done.
Interesting. Mind clarifying what I've done that is "rushing the current wagon"?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Setael »

First, I was talking to chkflip. Why do you feel it necessary to answer for him?

Second, how is my case bullshit now when earlier you said it was so solid you felt you needed to hide rather than respond?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #690 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Setael »

Also, I would still like it clarified how my post (where I asked Pine to answer some questions, which seems to me like the opposite of rushing a lynch) could at all be seen as "don't listen to pine! Hurry and lynch him!" This time I'd like chkflip to answer first though.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Setael »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Setael: Could you comment on Idiotking's play?
Obviously I'm biased since I know he was town. I disagreed with his logic about the initial Voided wagon, as I mentioned. Nothing else stood out to me much.

What's your read on chkflip?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Setael »

unvote
, just to make sure no one hammers.

I'd like to hear more from chkflip before the day is over.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Setael »

I'm frustrated with fitz for putting him at L-1 when I was very clear about WHY I unvoted.

I am the obvious NK after my case on pine. If I die, look seriously at chkflip. He's likely pine's scum buddy after his posts today. Based on pine's obvious belief that there are only 2 scum, we're likely looking at scum with PRs and a traitor.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Setael »

I also think the reason pine self hammered was to keep his buddy from having to comment on him. *cough chkflip cough*
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:03 am

Post by Setael »

Looking forward to hearing more from chkflip.

Bummed the vig made such a poor choice.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #15) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Setael »

Will read up and post tonight.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (isolation #16) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Setael »

vote: PT Barnum
PT Barnum wrote:How else should I have responded? Of course I was defensive, I was defending myself (I don't know what you mean by "uncharacteristically"). At my sounding "peeved" and calling setael an ass, well, I still think it was incredibly unfair for her to post a point that I thought I had already answered thoroughly without also mentioning my response to it.
I still find it incredibly scummy that you resorted to ad hom. It was a poor reason to call me out, and I definitely think it's more likely for scum to post what you did.

mod: Can you please prod chkflip?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Post by Setael »

I haven't posted because I've wanted to reread first. I won't have time to until Monday.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Setael »

I'll ISO Cecily as soon as I get a chance - hopefully by tonight.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Setael »

ISO'd Cecily. She's town.

PT or chk should be lynched today.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Setael »

Faraday, why you gotta replace in to a game where we're not on the same team? Good thing I have a rock solid read on PT's slot because I probably would've been totally biased.

Also, feel free to post audio recordings of every post you make. That would just be fantastic.

I'm not caught up. I'll read up and post.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by Setael »

Still not caught up but I have a question for you re: chkflip. What do you think of how obviously he pushed against the Pine wagon when he was clearly about to be lynched? Likely to be done by a buddy?

(I am interested because this is my main hesitation about chkflip being scum, and because I think chktown would be an ideal target for Faradayscum. And because I'm hoping for another audio clip. Not gonna lie.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Post by Setael »

Who are you and how did you miss that I said I'm not caught up?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #23) » Sun May 01, 2011 3:13 am

Post by Setael »

Ok, finally caught up and my #1 suspect is Glowball.

unvote, vote: chkflip

Where's your cecily case?

I may have time later today to post why chk is scum and cecily is town.

I think one of chk and faraday are scum but not both. I'm really torn on which and I'd rather lynch chk first since Faraday is so much more fun to play with.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (isolation #24) » Sun May 01, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Setael »

Pine ISO post 37:

Pine wrote:Oh hai, nacho. Sorry you got stuck with about-to-be-lynched scum. I'm tempted to back off just because I enjoy playing with you.

But I'd rather get down to a one scum game.

UNVOTE: pappums rat
VOTE: nachomamma8
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (isolation #25) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Setael »

chkflip, can you explain why you won't post your mythical cecily case until I've posted why I read her as town?

In a nutshell, I had a town read on her from the beginning. She is not at all careful with what she writes in her posts and has often said things that I think scum would be careful to not say. I've never gotten a scum read from her posts.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (isolation #26) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Setael »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
Setael wrote:chkflip, can you explain why you won't post your mythical cecily case until I've posted why I read her as town?

In a nutshell, I had a town read on her from the beginning. She is not at all careful with what she writes in her posts and
has often said things that I think scum would be careful to not say
. I've never gotten a scum read from her posts.

Examples?

OK so I was looking back for examples. These are a couple of the ones I had noticed:

Cecily wrote:If it makes you feel any better about the question I was thinking of accompanying it with "what three things would you bring if you were stranded on a desert island?" just to keep the feel of ice breakers, but I didn't think that went along with the game very well and someone would probably have given me crap for asking it.

This one because I don't see scum admitting that they thought of posting something and didn't in order to avoid negative attention.

Cecily wrote:Honestly, no one has jumped out as scummy yet. Everyone in this game seems for the most part level headed and no one has just been throwing claims around (other than pappums, but thats another story).

Also this. I think townies are way more likely to admit to not having scum reads on anyone. Scum is careful to have
some
suspects.

But actually, while ISOing her again I started doubting my read. She repeatedly says "I'm going to be honest..." which made me raise an eyebrow since scum would more likely be of the mindset that they have to convince us they're being honest. Also I don't like a few of the things she said re: the Pine wagon.

Cecily wrote:Alright, I'm not thoroughly convinced. I admit, Pine I do like your claim and there really is no way for someone to argue a tracker claim, but the truth of the situation is that somebody is lying. I'd be more inclined to believe such a claim if it were a more influential PR (such as doctor, cop, etc) and no one called you out for having the same role.

Cecily wrote:Someone is lying because someone (or a few people) are always lying in this game. It seems very unlikely that both people who were attacked by seteal's post come out to be town oriented PRs and since I'm more willing to believe TO's claim because it can be proven via night actions I'm going to assume that Pine is lying about his role.

Cecily wrote:I understand that we all want Pine lynched. I will be very happy if I get to hammer, but we do still have at least a week left in this day and I don't see what the whole mentality of voting asap just to make sure you were a part of the unanimous decision is all about.

Cecily wrote:The only reason I wasn't on the Pine wagon was because I didn't log on in time to get my vote in before Pine lynched himself and I thought we were waiting at L-2 in order to keep the day going, but then fitz put us at L-1 and in came Pine before I could get my vote in. Otherwise I would have been all over it.

She was way too eager to get town cred for Pine's lynch, and the whole someone is lying thing is weird. It's a stupid reason to be certain one of them is lying, and then the "someone is always lying" is just backtracking. I think she knew Pine was lying because she's his buddy.

Also, the fact that she keeps asking people to give reasons for suspecting her, which is something I've realized I do as scum.

Woo! 360!

unvote, vote: Cecily
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (isolation #27) » Mon May 02, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Setael »

errr... 180. I was never any good at math.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #28) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Setael »

Faraday... is Cecily your buddy? Maybe you're a traitor and she doesn't even know you're her buddy? You can be honest with me. We're friends!

Seriously though, why are you defending her? All you've said about her is she's ok. /jealousy

To answer your question, she assumes one of Pine or TO are lying about their claim because it's unlikely that the 2 people I targeted in my first post are both PRs. That's a terrible reason. That's a garbage reason she came up with when she realized she had no choice but to bus. It would make sense for townCecily to just say "I think pine is lying because he's obvscum," but because she was bussing she felt she had to come up with a reason.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #29) » Mon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:setael..that second quote of the 4 doesn't look that likely to come from scum at all to me. why do you think that's damning?

Also, does this mean you think the other 3 quotes
are
likely to come from scum?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #30) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Setael »

Is there a possibility of 2 2-man scum teams in this type of game? So 9-2-2?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (isolation #31) » Mon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Setael »

Best Friend wrote:I don't see why you'd feel the need to come up with a reason for a bus as opposed to a townie.

I see your point.

However, I think the odd thought process is explained if she's on Pine's team. It just makes no sense for her to give the reason she did if she's town. It does make sense for her to see my magical flying dragon of a case and realize she has no choice but to bus and think she needs to drudge up a reason to be on the wagon. So it's not that town doesn't also want to come up with a reason, it's that scum's reasons are more likely to be really bad. Which hers was. Plus, she clearly wanted town cred with his lynch and she wouldn't get it by just sheeping my case, so she wanted to come up with her own reason to be on the Pine wagon.

Cecily wrote:I'm more willing to believe TO's claim because it can be proven via night actions I'm going to assume that Pine is lying about his role.

This actually is also rubbish. Believing TO's claim does not inherently provide a reason for assuming Pine is lying.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #32) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:10 pm

Post by Setael »

I wasn't expecting to get an answer for a day or so. Felt like Christmas.

Good luck on your finals tomorrow! (These are things best friends remember.)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (isolation #33) » Mon May 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Setael »

... or today? I have no idea what time it is in Ireland.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (isolation #34) » Tue May 03, 2011 2:30 am

Post by Setael »

My points against you have nothing to do with you seeming unsure. You can't dismiss it that easily. Want to try again?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #35) » Tue May 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Setael »

I'm not ok with a fitz lynch since I have a town read on him.

Nacho, why do you think cecily and faraday can't be scum together? A lot of your assumptions are ignoring the possibility of 2 scum + a traitor. How do you explain pine's post that indicates 2 scum?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #36) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Setael »

If chk flips town, Faraday is scum.

45 min to deadline. More Cecily votes!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (isolation #37) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:Why am I scum if Chkflip is town? I thought Cecily was scum, which makes both me and Chkflip town in your view since there's only 2 scum?

If chkflip is town I think you and cecily are both scum, so yeah I'm feeling chk is town since I think cecily is scum. If chk is lynched and flips scum you're both probably town. I think the first option is more likely.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (isolation #38) » Wed May 04, 2011 3:39 am

Post by Setael »

Oops yeah, you're right about the time. I'm on the west coast and was off an hour.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #39) » Wed May 04, 2011 4:39 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:edit: I thought there was two scum though? :p
well one of you are the traitor
obviously

Alright, ima hammer chk.

Unvote, vote: chkflip
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #40) » Sun May 08, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Setael »

vote: Faraday

You may be my best friend, but you are still scum.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #41) » Sun May 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Setael »

unvote

I want to think about this.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #42) » Sun May 08, 2011 5:40 pm

Post by Setael »

Ugh, it made me feel so icky to be on the same wagon as Cecily.

So, Faraday. Let's talk. I can think of a few reasons you didn't NK me last night. I know it wasn't to avoid it pointing to you, since I agree that I'd be a fairly logical NK after taking down Pine (in spite of the haters who said otherwise yesterday.) Rather, it's likely a combo of the following:

1) You think I'm a weak enough player that I won't be able to convince the town to lynch you, therefore rendering my NK unnecessary (sad face)
2) You know that your accent has an unexplainable power over me and you can use it to bend my will to yours
3) You know that I don't trust myself enough and could pretty easily be talked out of pursuing my scum reads
4) This game wouldn't be nearly as fun for you if I wasn't in it. (Who's digging for compliments now?)

PT was scum, so you're scum. I also think that if Cecily is really scum and you were really town, you'd have picked up on it yesterday (or at least supported my brilliant case on her) and Cecily would've been the lynch. A lot of the things you're saying don't sit right, like you clearing Bub just for one post Jerbs made and me for that matter when I could've been bussing, and being so sure you have the last 2 scums pegged. I also am suspicious of your claim. I don't think there'd be a 1-shot gunsmith in a game with a traitor, which I think is the scum setup. There's no way to disprove it, so it's a good scum claim and I agree with Cecily that PT would've used it already if he'd had it.

Isn't it a rule that there can only be one non-normal role in this type of mini? And aren't neighborizers and gunsmiths both non-normal roles? Please don't make me read the wiki.

I'm not sure what to think about Cecily. I still have a scum read on her, but if you're both scum that's some pretty hard core bussing you came out of the box with today. Same goes for her, though she really had no choice to vote you after those post of yours. (Great paintings btw!)

Cecily wrote:And going along with the typical night action of scum killing someone completely irrelevant to scum also kind of clears fitz in my eyes.

This is a weird reason to clear Fitz. What makes Nacho irrelevant to scum? Pretty much everyone had a strong town read on him, and the scum could've suspected he was a PR. And even if Nacho was "irrelevant to scum" how would that clear Fitz? And why only Fitz?

I still think Faraday and Cecily could both be scum. Faraday avoided commenting much on Cecily, and casually defended her when I attacked her. Possibly one of them is a traitor.

I think a massclaim might be good at this point, though it makes me nervous since Faraday suggested it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #43) » Sun May 08, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Setael »

I can't lynch Faraday. I like him too much.

Someone else do it!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #44) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Setael »

@Cecily - Your reason for clearing fitz is the worst I've ever heard. First, scum are very motivated to get rid of the players pushing hard for their lynches, and they get away with it because townies often use the WIFOM reasoning you're giving. It's a terrible, weak reason and is not enough to clear a player you had a scum read on.

Everything you say about Faraday is also really off.

Cecily wrote:And now I'm still kind of in that boat of not being able to give a solid reason for it, but so far his play has jumped out as the most scummy.

And yet this is entirely based on gut? Are you saying his play is the most scummy JUST today or are you talking about the whole game? What were your reads yesterday, and have they changed?

Faraday wrote:(also you're point about me not catching cecily scum is flattering but er...I'm not that good of a scumhunter, I hate to break it to you (I really do, I mean you seem to think i'm better than I am :p ) and also, I clear people all the time based on 1 post and am confident in my reads. I'm not going to defend myself against that except to say it's a bad scum strategy to narrow down your mislynch options to like 2 people. What if one of them is a pr that can prove itself? I'd be boned.

I'm not saying that you, as town, would have to replace in and nail all the scum, but rather the fact that all you said is "Cecily is OK" and then you still didn't comment on her once her wagon got stronger, except to subtly defend her against my case. You did admit that it was scummy how much she wanted credit for Pine's wagon, but dropped it there. imo your chkflip case wasn't strong enough to merit you dismissing Cecily as possible scum yesterday.

Faraday wrote:The rest of the stuff is idk? I can't explain why the role wasn't used. Are you just gonna ignore what I say today cos faraday said it? I mean..if you're like that about massclaim ...uh. yeah.

I'm not ignoring what you're saying, but it's true that I think you're scum so I see most of what you say as... stuff scum would say, and it doesn't change my read on you. Cecily's play is terrible. She's an easy target if she's town (especially with her wagon yesterday) and she's a perfect bus if she's scum.

Question. How many times have you fake claimed a PR as scum?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #45) » Mon May 09, 2011 6:31 am

Post by Setael »

Le sigh. If cecily is town we are in so much trouble.

Faraday, don't you think Cecily not considering the possibility you are town is a point in her favor (or more evidence that you are both scum)? Since if she were scum and you were town that would never happen.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #46) » Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:I've narrowed down the lynch pool SIGNIFICANTLY with my play and why does this help me?

If both Cecily and Mike are town, and you're scum and people believe your claim then yeah, it helps you a lot wouldn't you say? You knew you were up for a lynch if chk flipped town, so your motivation to fake claim is to avoid that happening. If enough townies believe your claim, it would likely save you. Especially where Cecily is one of your targets, she should be pretty easy to get lynched after yesterday's wagon.

Today's posts have drawn my attention to Bub, since both Faraday and Cecily cleared him with really weak reasoning. An ISO of Bub is pretty damning, actually. He's posted relatively little and helped lynch Voided without getting his hands dirty. All he said was he agreed with the case and preferred it to the other wagons. He maintained that Neil was his strongest scum read when he voted Voided and again after my Pine case. That post is suspicious (ISO 20) since he doesn't really comment on the Pine case, just says "I agree that Pine is scummy as well" and FOSes him. He then asks Neil what Neil thinks of the Pine case, even though Bub didn't comment on it.

He doesn't comment on Pine again until after the tracker claim and then these 2 posts:

Bub wrote:Hmmm, Pine's post seems wordy and desperate. He knows he's in a corner and is trying to find a way out of it with a cleverly disguised OMGUS.

Pine, who did you track last night?

Mikemike seems like a terrible tracker choice. I've never played as a tracker before, but I assume that you would want to target somebody who you thought was scum to try and get them targetting the night kill. Right?

Pine: Why mikemike and not a scum suspect?

Since he managed to avoid saying much about Pine before these posts, it seems likely he felt he had no choice but to bus. Even then, he still doesn't push Pine at all or add to his case or ever vote him. These posts were probably just to distance.

His first post after pine's flip is highly suspicious now that chk flipped town. He votes chk using the reason I had provided the day before, which was weak in the first place. If he were town I think he could've come up with his own reason, and a better one.

So then there's this post:

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Vote: Cecily

She waffled on the Pine wagon yesterday A LOT, which suggests that she was unsure of which position to take on her scumbuddy's wagon. We go from Pine is an inevitable lynch and will die anyways here, to attacking havingfitz for rushing the wagon here. I find this a bit more damning that chkflip's play because he at least was consistent.

PT Barnum, havingfitz, and mike are pretty much confirmed town at this point.

I agree, except I would at Satael to the list of town. He basically orchestrated the Pine lynch. That leaves:

Nacho
Chk
Cecily
Myself

I know I'm town, and I've got a town read on Nacho (pine's constant attacks on Pappums vouch for him). So that leaves Chk and Cecily as the remaining scum simply by the process of elimination, without even getting into the cases on those two.

This is suspect because he sheeps Nacho in clearing PT Barnum, havingfitz, and mike for pretty much nonexistent reasoning. (He later says he cleared PT because he was the first vote on the Pine wagon, but then when it's pointed out he was actually 3rd he just says "oops, yeah.") I'd like to know what he thinks of the list he gave here now that Cecily and himself are the only ones left in his list of possible scum. If Bub is scum, based on this post I'd say his buddy is Faraday, fitz or mike.

His next several posts are asking simple questions without any analysis at all and then he attacks PT, but as soon as Faraday replaces in he drops all suspicion of PT.

mod: Did Bub pick up his 'day has started' prod?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #47) » Mon May 09, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Setael »

I'm VT.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (isolation #48) » Tue May 10, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:
If both Cecily and Mike are town, and you're scum and people believe your claim then yeah, it helps you a lot wouldn't you say? You knew you were up for a lynch if chk flipped town, so your motivation to fake claim is to avoid that happening. If enough townies believe your claim, it would likely save you. Especially where Cecily is one of your targets, she should be pretty easy to get lynched after yesterday's wagon.

Eh? If I'm scum I don't know what power town have left and risk exposing myself to a counterclaim from an investigative role or w/e (hint there won't be, it's just me). if I REALLY want to lock it onto me and cecily why not claim a guilty somewhere?

Now that no investigative role has flipped, I'm more inclined to believe Faraday, since I don't see scum claiming an investigative role when there could be a full cop out there. If he's lying the only PRs the town had were 2 1-shot Neighborizers (assuming Mike is telling the truth, which I think is likely), and a neighborizer is the weakest no use role ever. It can be a scum role so it doesn't confirm anyone to us. Even if there are only 2 scum to make up for the lack of town power, it still doesn't seem very balanced. Frankly, even with a 1-shot gunsmith and 2 1-shot Neighborizers, there could be just 2 scum since this is the weakest town setup I've ever played. I'd love for others to weigh in on this since I'm not as familiar with setups, but yeah.

@Faraday - Hi. Why are you so sure Bub is town? He posted to claim and didn't bother to acknowledge my case. Maybe he thought he could get away with that because
you
totally dismissed it. If you are town, you're being way too quick to confirm townies with very little reason to.

vote Bub Bidderskins

Ignore
that
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (isolation #49) » Tue May 10, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Setael »

mikemike778 wrote:OK, agreed with Satael that given the massclaim Faraday is almost certainly telling the truth. Neighbourizer is pretty much a glorified vanilla role really so if Faraday is being economical with the truth then it would leave us with only a one-shot vig which is probably unlikely. Therefore I'm reluctantly wiping faraday off my scum list and on the same basis Fitz (even if he was some sort of traitor then without a gun he's harmless).

So that leaves

Bub
Cesily
Satael

In that order. When ISO ing Bub during Day 3 I did become pretty convinced he was scum so on that basis he is back to my number 1 choice to lynch with Ces as his buddy or possibly Fitz if faraday is right with his traitor thoughts.

This post gave me the creeps.

@Mike - I can't look back at what you posted D3 right now, but if you thought he was scum why is this the first you've mentioned it today? What made him get bumped from your top scum slot, and what made you want to put him back there?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (isolation #50) » Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday, hypothetical question. if you were part of a 2-man scum team and neither you nor your partner had a PR, would you be confident that the town had no investigative role?

Faraday wrote:I don't know though, he's not scumlying about his roleclaim unless he's scum with bub. Sigh. This makes the most sense from a set-up point of view I think, but I'm having a hard time buying bub scum. Havingfitz traitor is POSSIBLE here with this, but ugh.

So if you remove the statement made by whats-his-face when he replaced out, what's your read on bub? (yes I think scum replacing out might say that and surely have before. No, I won't be looking up examples.)

Faraday wrote:What do you think of my analysis? I.e. do you see bub as a traitor or as scum or do you think my analysis is way off >_>

I think he could be either. Maybe there's some merit to the possibility that scummike recruited bub.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (isolation #51) » Wed May 11, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:this might be the time where Setael quotes my pictures and says thanks just sayin' >_>

Oh yeah... I forgot about those.

Faraday wrote:Here's something I whipped up in MS paint to show you exactly what I did for you Setael~

Spoiler: Omg faraday's awesome

Spoiler: AH SO AWESOME

Spoiler: BEST FRIENDS

These are pretty much amazing, actually. Such artistic talent! I didn't thank you for the present because I didnt want to take your scum bribes, but I think you're town now so... Thank you. :)

So, Bub and Cecily are the scum. I will support a wagon on either of them.

Faraday wrote:Setael, now tell me, who's your best friend?

You are, Faraday.

Faraday wrote:Who is it? No, seriously.

It's you, Faraday.

Faraday wrote:It's me, and always will be won't it? <3

Yes, yes it will.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (isolation #52) » Wed May 11, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Setael »

Don't be jeal, fitz.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #53) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Setael »

I'm torn on Bub. I do think Jerbs gets town points for saying voided shouldn't be lynched and for his post replacing out. But Bub gets scum points for his voided vote, his play towards Pine, and his quickness to clear people for weak reasons. He later said that was a mistake, so meh.

Rereading Cecily's posts today, she's wishy washy and giving crap reasoning. She has a hard time believing Faraday's claim, and yet she thinks it's not completely unreasonable; she thought fitz was scum yesterday for attacking her, but now she's cleared him as town because Nacho was NK'd; mike's claim is suspicious, yet it's not.

Cecily wrote:I would like to know where you see fluff in my posts? I try to keep them concise and to the point and so far my posts have been shorter than most other people's... If you say you have opinions of me, state them. If you call me scum, tell me how.

Pretty sure I already mentioned this about Cecily, but this is a scum tell for me mostly since I've done it as scum before - insisting over and over people provide reasons for thinking she's scum.

Then I saw this:

Cecily wrote:Your reads on Pine were widely regarded as brilliant and everybody aside from chk was in on the bus, so how am I any different than anyone else?

This is Cecily calling the Pine wagon a "bus"... so uh...

unvote, vote: Cecily

Let's lynch her while she's V/LA studying for finals. She totally wouldn't mind, I'm sure.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #54) » Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 am

Post by Setael »

I just finished a mini normal that had one actually.

Day one mislynch, and 2 of the 3 scums were off the wagon. (Scum were neko, darth yoshi and Zdenek - only neko was on the Day one mislynch)

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #55) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Setael »

Interestingly enough, this was also the case in a recent completed Mini Normal where Cecily was scum.

nobody special, hiraki, cecily were scum and only nobody special was on the Day 1 mislynch

https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (isolation #56) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:Actually
unvote
as I don't like lynching someone on V/la. Last time I saw that happened the person was angry and left the site >_>

I wouldn't have minded (as much) if I had been scum. I agree though, still not a great idea.

I will buy you a T-shirt but it will not say "You're Awesome". I can definitely come up with better - just not when it's the middle of the night and I can only keep one eye open.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (isolation #57) » Wed May 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Post by Setael »

fitz wrote:Also...why do people keep bringing up a traitor? I've never even played in a game that had one before so I find it amusing it keep being brought up. If there is a traitor...does that person even know s/he is a traitor? Is a traitor town until recruited/shanghai'd by scum?

I thought it was fairly common. I've been in 2 game with traitors (one that just finished) and in both cases the traitor knew who the scum was, but the scum did not know who the traitor was. The traitor wins with scum, and so tries to help them but if scum dies it's over even if the traitor is still alive.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (isolation #58) » Thu May 12, 2011 3:54 am

Post by Setael »

havingfitz wrote:So the traitor wants to see scum make it to the end and wouldn't have a kill ability (and therefore no result in an investigation). That seems like a nice prospect for scum to throw out there to keep town suspicious of each other.

Especially if we have a gunsmith. A cop would've been able to find the traitor, but a gunsmith can't.

fitz wrote:If there is a traitor <as I smack myself for perpetuating what I think is not the case>, would odds favor there being only 1 scum left?

I would say high based on our lack of strong PRs. I keep forgetting we had a vig though, so. I've played in a 13-player game where there were 3 scum + 1 traitor but that game had a full cop, a doc, and a vig and then a 12-person game with 2 scum + 1 traitor. I can't remember what PRs were in that game but seems like they had a full cop too, actually.

fitz wrote:And would the traitor count in the numbers as scum? What I mean is...if Cecily was town....and there was 1 scum and a traitor <smack>...scum NKs town and there are four still alive tomorrow. 2 town, 1 scum, and the traitor. Is that game over?

I think the traitor counts in the numbers.

To quote the mod from one game:

Eyceking wrote:If there are two scum aligned players left against one town aligned player in the morning the game will end, regardless of the set up (2 assassins, 1 assassin and 1 traitor).

So when we went to night, there were 5 players remaining - 1 scum, 1 traitor and 3 town. We NK'd a townie and it was game over.

fitz wrote:Also...there is no insurance that scum wouldn't have unknowingly helped lynch or NK a potential traitor. I still don't see it being the case. My money is still on two fulltime scum left.

It makes for an interesting game, imo. The scum could bus their traitor without even knowing about it.

Here are links to the 2 traitor games I've played if you want to look at them:

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16388 (charter was the traitor)
http://www.mafiascum.net/archive/viewto ... &start=800 (I was the traitor)
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (isolation #59) » Thu May 12, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Setael »

That makes me feel better about the scum shutout in that game.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #60) » Thu May 12, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Setael »

fitz wrote:If there was any sort of window at all then a Bub Town, Cec scum combination looks highly unlikely.

Unless it's not mylo.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #61) » Fri May 13, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Setael »

It's not like she just replaced in and read 100 pages, right?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (isolation #62) » Sat May 14, 2011 2:37 am

Post by Setael »

I'm ok with giving cecily a day to respond. Her V/LA is up today. Give it a day before hammering.

I glanced through her scum game I posted. Similar lack of content.

I would like anyone who's willing to hammer her to avoid a no lynch to say so.

I'm more and more suspicious of mike. I agree that if he were town he'd likely have counter claimed voided. I think he didn't because he knew she was town. All his wifom arguments could easily be preplanned.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (isolation #63) » Sat May 14, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Setael »

Bub wrote:I suspected Satael before Faraday claimed and before the MYLO mass claim and before I found your scumslips.

Can you point out where you stated suspicion of me? All I remember is you saying I was on your town list for my Pine post.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #64) » Sat May 14, 2011 8:05 am

Post by Setael »

Cecily's V/LA is until tomorrow actually.

Wake me when she comes back.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (isolation #65) » Sat May 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Post by Setael »

Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Setael wrote:
Bub wrote:I suspected Satael before Faraday claimed and before the MYLO mass claim and before I found your scumslips.

Can you point out where you stated suspicion of me? All I remember is you saying I was on your town list for my Pine post.

I think I only theorized about it in the quick-topic, so you wouldn't have seen it.

Before anybody hammers, I want to hear what Cecily has to say when she comes back.

OK well would you like to share your reasoning regardless? I find it odd that you'd theorize about that in the qt and yet only state i'm definitely town in thread.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (isolation #66) » Sun May 15, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Setael »

Where are you Cecily? I'm awake and ready for this day to end.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (isolation #67) » Sun May 15, 2011 11:02 am

Post by Setael »

I just want her to start talking.

Anyone want to play cards while we wait?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #68) » Sun May 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Setael »

I hope it's a chocolate croissant.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (isolation #69) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:28 am

Post by Setael »

I accept a lot of blame for this loss, mostly because of this:

Faraday wrote:
Setael wrote:Faraday, hypothetical question. if you were part of a 2-man scum team and neither you nor your partner had a PR, would you be confident that the town had no investigative role?

Yes. Why do you ask?

I should've pursued this. When he answered, I knew that was possibly the case. I dropped it partly because if it were the case, I didn't think he'd be so upfront and nonchalant about it.

I'm proud I caught both Pine and PT in my initial post, but ashamed I let Faraday charm me out of my read with his fancy believable fake claim and MS Paint presents. (And that Irish accent. I BLAME THE ACCENT).

Faraday wrote:I'd send you a voice clip apology post game, but yeah, i'd kill you.

*waits patiently*
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (isolation #70) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:33 am

Post by Setael »

@ mod or whoever: How is 2 scum and a neighborizer traitor balanced by 1 vig and 1 neighborizer for town? I'm not experienced with setups but the reason we all assumed Faraday was telling the truth was we didn't think it was possible that was all we had.

Also, Faraday did you suspect mikemike was your traitor?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #71) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:36 am

Post by Setael »

Pine wrote:Faraday, you sexy, sexy man.

I must learn from you. The cartoon was sheer brilliance.

Faraday teaches a class every Wednesday night at 11 pm est on Skype. It's called "Sexiness and Scum Tactics." Be there.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (isolation #72) » Wed May 18, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Setael »

mikemike778 wrote:Thanks for the win anyway Faraday :) Didn't particularly love my role as wasn't sure how to play it (was close to not neighboring anyone) but still not been lynched on this site yet so can't be doing that badly.

The fact that you were a neighborizer could've swung things in your favor. You could've neighborized probscum and if you guessed right you'd have been recruited as full scum. That this was a possibility and our roles were so useless... JUST LET ME BELIEVE IT WAS UNBALANCED.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (isolation #73) » Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Setael »

Rhinox wrote:I'll still post the full setup and role PM's later, and I think you guys will enjoy reading Faraday's monologue in the scum QT.

I'd like the audio version, please.

You did great Rhinox. It was a fun game. If Faraday hadn't replaced in, we'd have won.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (isolation #74) » Wed May 18, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Setael »

PT in dead thread wrote:Fuck, it's Setael. This is going to be tough...

Mwahahaha. WHY didn't I stick with my PT read? WHY?!
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (isolation #75) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:13 am

Post by Setael »

mikemike778 wrote:
Bub Bidderskins wrote:
Vote: Chkflip

Now with the knowledge that Pine is scum, this post looks really bad:

chkflip wrote:UNVOTE: P.T.
VOTE: Satael

Way too interested in rushing the current wagon, amongst other scummy things they've done.

That was the extent of the case that chk was presenting against Sateal. It was a terribly weak vote, and it reads of chk trying to attack the attacker of a scumbud (chainsaw defense).

@Chk: What made Satael's pushing of the pine wagon scummy at that time?

Doesn't seem a great scum tactic to me ... Pine was looking very likely to be lynched, not sure that scum would want to put their head on the line by trying to slow down the wagon. Yeah agreed 100% on the weak vote though.

mike, i'm curious - when you posted this, did you think chkflip was scum?
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (isolation #76) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Setael »

Voided wrote:Faraday's assertiveness made me think she was town, though, and I'm not sure about Satael, really.

You have some audio clips to listen to. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Pine wrote:It's because you have a chick in your avatar, dude.

Same reason everyone thinks I'm a dude.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (isolation #77) » Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 am

Post by Setael »

Faraday wrote:btw anyone calling pappums scum here, need to re-read his play. or get used to gambits, sure theoretically it could come from scum but it was so awesome here and had such a pro town effect. good play P. Rat.

Seconded.

Scummy award nomination for most pro-town gambit.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #78) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Setael »

havingfitz wrote:
Faraday wrote:btw anyone calling pappums scum here, need to re-read his play. or get used to gambits, sure theoretically it could come from scum but it was so awesome here and had such a pro town effect. good play P. Rat.

Bullshit. All it did was divert town attention from scum. The three main areas of focus out of this gambit were Void who was the gambit target, papum who executed the "gambit", and me who pappums identified as his main suspect as a result of the gambit. So townPR decides to indict townVoid and the end result of D1 is three townies have spent the entire day arguing about a lie and suspecting each other with Void getting mislynched. Yeah...it was super pro-town :roll:

:idea: Are there nominations for Most scum-beneficial town Gambit?

When I originally read, the gambit gave me reads of Pine + PT scum and you + cecily town, which I posted in my pine wall of death. As it played out it might not have read as protown as it did to us replacements.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”