foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:30 am

Post by foilist13 »

Hello everybody. I'm replacing Deuxieme Octopus. I'm sure you'll all come to love me or hate me depending on your alignment.

I am now reading.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:05 am

Post by foilist13 »

Soooooooo after the last hour or so of reading a few people stand out to me.

1) Nintendoaddict1:

Struck me as odd in the very beginning. I wouldn't have taken an RVS accusation remotely seriously no matter how intent the accuser seemed to be with it. However, Nintendo64 took the time to calmly and rationally answer archaebob's questions. In general that seems pro-town, but he it much to serious about it. He is responding as though there was a threat, rather than responding to generate discussion. Scum tend to do that, not town.

SuperNintendo wrote:
No, I like to make it clear when I am using an RVS vote, because some people do not make it known, thus it makes it very confusing as to whether or not it is actually random, so unless I say RVS I am making a serious vote.

Now it's painfully fucking obvious that it was an RVS vote without him saying anything. This is clearly redundant and the result of nervous energy.

NintendoWii wrote:Aren't all votes early in the game RVS anyway? Labeling a few of them does not make every other vote a serious one.

Yes, yes they are. Labeling them is strange especially if you already accept the idea that all early votes will be RVS votes. I believe I saw earlier archaebob explain the idea that scum will explain how their play is townie without being prompted. This labeling of your RVS vote is an example of that. "Don't vote me, I'm just random voting."

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:My vote is dead serious.

Instead of speculating about what I'm doing, why don't you do something productive.

Okay, I'll do that right away.

Vote: archaebob

This is cute.

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:

Okay, I'll do that right away.

Vote: archaebob

Good boy.

archaebob is agreeing with my vote on him...

inb4jester

This has departed from cute and is now stupid.

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
hiplop wrote:i dont really have a meta tbh. I play differently depending on how im feeling. I think one thing that reigns supreme throughout all m games, is that i'm a terrible day one-r. Almost every game i attract some sort of attention on me day one. I am at least putting content forward, i apologize for the bad typing, im not feeling that great and not paying much attention.

Does anyone else notice how Demon is pretty much worshipping bob? no one finds that even a little suspicious? i think it warrants a wagon at least

Oh, I've noticed, but to whom do you think it is deserving a wagon of? bob, or Demon?

This is a little more interesting. I don't usually go after people for buddying, but that is very much what it looks like here. He saw someone else who agrees with his pseudo suspicion of archaebob and jumped on it. He has made no previous mention of suspecting DemonHybrid, but now he's on to him! Can't you see him smiling while he writes that?

Oh, and the burden of proof for your vote is on you. You should be justifying it, not waiting for it to be unjustified. Be an active player.

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:@ nintendo -

I'm not sure he suspects me at all. That's the whole point.

And you didn't answer my question from before. What are you accomplishing with your vote?

Right now, it's not doing much of anything, it seems.

UNVOTE:

Your vote isn't accomplishing anything so you just get rid of it? You don't vote somewhere else maybe? You do, but not until a few posts later. That means you weren't reading anybody except archaebob at that point. If you had been, you would have been able to switch your vote more efficiently to another significant read rather than going back to find out who else has been suspicious. This is VERY indicative of scum play. You watch one player and argue with/vote them to appear to be active. Interesting.

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
Scumhunter wrote:Nintendo, please think about why you want to vote me. Is it solely because I have been lurking? Does that make me scum? Normally lurking is actually somewhat of a scumtell from me, but if you check my other games on here I have been similarly inactive the last few days. Ignoring my lurking up until this point...why would you want to vote me?

Like I said, the vote on you was to ensure you would actually post something. Seeing as you have, I'll UNVOTE: .

Oh, but wait, something stood out to me in that wall:

Scumhunter wrote:I suppose it's possible that he is a very good scum player trying to take charge from the beginning of the game... How anyone reads bob as scum is beyond me.

What's this? Saying bob could be scum, and in the same post, showing disbelief that anyone could see bob as scum?

What is this I don't even...

wtf? ................

IF YOU HAVE SKIPPED EVERYTHING UP TO THIS POINT, PLEASE READ THIS NEXT PART.

Nintedoaddict1 wrote:If you need to move on... then move on. Yes, I am bothered by his lack of content, he is usually more active. But in another completed game I played with Pine, (Mini 1156) he turned out to be scum, so his lack of activity here is a towntell for him.

As for me not liking your play, I'll have to get into that later as I am going out the door.

I saved this for last, because it is BY FAR the most interesting tid bit in Nintendo's play.

Most importantly, you make a meta argument. This meta argument is based on exactly one game. Pine posted lots as scum, and little now. Therefore he is playing differently than he did as scum, and therefore he is most likely town.

archaebob (who you are still voting at this point in the thread) posted a town meta game a long fucking time ago in which he plays almost
exactly
as he is playing now. Clearly you accept the value of meta, yet you ignore archaebob's cited meta for your own purposes. That my friend is fabricated reasoning, and that is scum play.

vote: Nintendoaddict1

The other people who seem scummy to me are hiplop (gut read mostly, haven't read him in iso yet), Pine, and Maaayyyyybeeee ace.

Archaebob, heliman, and to a lesser extent Barry Allen are town.

~Fixed.

-pappums rat
Last edited by pappums rat on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you are going to tell people the truth, you had better make them laugh. Otherwise they'll kill you."
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Mod: I messed up my first couple of quote tags. Could you fix that for me?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 am

Post by foilist13 »

and the last one...
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 am

Post by foilist13 »

Ah sorry mate. Your big post read as town to me, but I haven't seen enough of you to give you a clear reading.

I wouldn't mind wagoning jilynne, but I don't think it will get the reaction anyone is looking for. I'm just going to say the words "ongoing game" and hope that everybody knows what that means.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:36 am

Post by foilist13 »

Nintendo wrote:Okay, if a few people stand out to you, why don't you post your analysis on them as well?

My post was already a bleeding wall mate. I didn't have the patience to make it any bigger, and I would be just about guaranteeing that nobody would read it. I'll get to everyone else when I'm done with you.

Nintendo wrote:I didn't take it seriously, cause I knew it was RVS. And wait, you're saying you would not have taken it seriously either? So how does that make you town, but make me scum?

You put some amount of thought into how best to respond to diffuse the issue. That is taking it seriously.

Nintendo wrote:
Actually, it was a response to someone asking why I labeled it RVS. Should I ignore questions asked of me?

I'm intentionally taking this out of context. I simply wanted to expose your view. When, where, and why you said that are not relevant.

Nintendo wrote:
Exactly. I know all votes are RVS at first. Why is saying 'RVS' in front of my vote strange? Oh, and nice buddying on bob, there. Where did I say anything remotely like that paraphrase?

You're trying to deflect this onto me buddying archaebob. Stop that. It's unbecoming.

It's strange in that it serves a purpose that only one alignment could reasonably be interested it. Is it the end of the world? No. Does it make you automatically scum? No, but it sure helps towards that.

If it makes you feel better, I don't plan to lynch you on the basis of you labeling your RVS vote.

I'm not going to do quote walls because they make me angry, but the "cute" and "stupid" bits should be self explanatory. I'm fairly confident everyone else will pick up on my meaning.

Nintendo wrote:Just because I may not have mentioned DH, does not mean I never found him suspicious.

So?

Nintendo wrote:Yeah, I am usually multi-tasking on the computer and not always able to do one thing exclusively. But for this post, I make an exception.

I fail to see how this is an adequate response to my post.

Nintendo wrote:
I don't know what it is that you don't get. Be more specific.

*sigh* Why would you unvote him right when you found something suspicious? By structuring your post that way you're guaranteeing that he won't take your new concern seriously since he is under no pressure at all to answer it. That means you're less concerned with his reaction, which in turn means you're more concerned with how your post will cause you to be perceived.

Nintendo wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to say. So what if it was only from one game? It is a drastic change in his style.

Good, so we've further established your faith in meta.

Nintendo wrote:
Honestly I haven't found the time, I've been rather busy with a few things.

Bullshit. Archaebob said exactly why he linked that game and what it would say. You knew without even having to read it

Nintendo wrote:
Any reasons on why you think those others are scummy? Or do I get special treatment for some reason?

Like I said earlier, I'll get to them when I'm done with you.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:55 am

Post by foilist13 »

archaebob wrote:@ foilist13 -

What's your impression of DemonHybrid? Please look carefully before you answer.

Before I read him in ISO I'm going to say my gut read is town. It has been that throughout my reading, however, I'll read him again and give a reasoned opinion.

DemonHybrid wrote:Also, Unvote, Vote: hiplop. archaebob is not new and he's certainly not taking anything TOO seriously. The point of RVS is to leave RVS, and so far, you have the sketchiest vote of everyone.

I don't know if this holds true for everyone, but I read Hiplop's vote as a joke right off. I could accept that you took it seriously, but that's a bit of a stretch for me.

Other than that his early game doesn't seem very interesting.

DemonHybrid wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:LOL, yes, that was pretty much what I was going to say.

I can see you reason, but you can't FoS or Vote someone with no case.

Sure he can.

Again, he's pressuring someone. It's me, but it's still good townie behavior.

This feels very town to me. Scum are generally concerned with getting votes off of themselves. It would take a very cool headed scum to try and do that by defending the guy voting them.

DemonHybrid wrote:2. I'm trusting bob's reads and actions because he has ABSOLUTELY NO SCUM MOTIVATION to do anything that he's done so far. Every FoS without a reason, vote without a reason, page 1 seriousness, etc. has absolutely no scum motivation and he's obviously putting pressure on people instead of sitting there with his thumb up his ass.

This also tells my gut town.

His case on jillynne is fairly whatever. Scum could make that case fairly easily, though town would have just as much motivation to do so.

Then we get to him refusing to move his vote. That is CLEARLY anti-town. He isn't generating a wagon or pushing for a lynch, therefore he is not doing anything to accomplish his goal of getting her lynched. That means his vote is essentially on principal of voting the person you would most like to see lynched at the end of the day. I would say that's fine, except he was perfectly happy pressure voting and defending pressure votes earlier in the day. This gives me a logical reason to suspect him, but my gut still says he's town.

His writing makes him feel townish. HIs Jil vote irritates me, but I don't see a real scum motivation for absolutely refusing to move one's vote, especially if suspicion is being drawn to them for it.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:58 am

Post by foilist13 »

Nintendo wrote:
Any reason I come first?

Any reason you chose to respond only to the single most inconsequential part of that entire post?

I chose you because you are the most scummy to me right now. I though that reasoning was obvious after I voted you. If I wanted to vote one of the others I probably would have made a case against them and put them first.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 am

Post by foilist13 »

Nintendo wrote:Really? You can't keep up with multiple reads and cases at once? Or are you just tunneling me now?

You've got nothing better to say? Come on man, get with it. You're getting shitted on and trying to wait for it to go away.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 am

Post by foilist13 »

Doesn't the 1/4 rule mean that there are 3 scum?

@Nintendo: Oooh right. I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was the one dodging questions since there's that big post sitting there about me that I haven't responded to.

Just to make you happy, I can easily keep up with multiple reads. However, if I were to interrogate all of them at once I would clog the thread and become anti-town. Secondly, you have not yet posted as much content in this entire game as I have
today.
Get your ass moving and don't try and high road me. You'll fail.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:40 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Ace5993: What are your thoughts on Nintendo? You seem rather oblivious to the discussion at the moment.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Giitah: You literally called every single person town or null. I think maybe two had a "could be scum" in there to go along with the town read. This was without doubt the least helpful set of reads I have ever seen in a game to date.

Choose 3 people as scum. We know there should at least be that many, so any fewer scum candidates is unreasonable. Go.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:24 am

Post by foilist13 »

I would really love to hear everybody's thoughts on Nintendo, and I'm rather surprised that no one except scumhunter really said anything after I posted that case.

@Hiplop: Why do you feel DemonHybrid deserves a vote more than Nintendo does?

@DemonHybrid: Arguably Pine is active lurking just as much as Jillynne is. Why are you only focused on her as opposed to the other lurkers as well? Pine has been squatting on V/LA for most of the day, and popping back in to say irrelevant things. He's basically protecting himself from being lynched on a technicality while avoiding posting reads, and occasionally calling people wrong or scummy. Personally I get a way bigger gut scum read from Pine than I do from Jillynne.

Yes it is possible for scum to active lurk despite massive wagons and get away with it. Furcolow did that in a game I played with him and it was the most irritating thing I've ever seen. That doesn't mean that Jillynne is active lurking, nor does it mean that she is scum. Looking over her play she's pretty much just a lurker, not an active lurker. She avoids posting reads, which is actually counter productive to active lurking. The whole point of active lurking is to avoid attention, where as never posting reads at all drags attention to you. Real active lurkers post vague or unreasoned reads that they can stand by or change later. Jillynne isn't doing that. Pine is.

If nothing else, recognize that you are not helping the town with your vote. You aren't discussing other players, you are not offering any insight on any issue, you are simply defending your Jillynne vote to the death. The likelihood is that we will not lynch Jillynne today. Right now there isn't the support for it. So why don't you figure out the next best lynch and tell us who it is and why. At least then you'll be doing something.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:59 am

Post by foilist13 »

Way to not comment on the multiple walls devoted to Nintendo
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:42 am

Post by foilist13 »

Or just take some initiative and post an opinion without being asked.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Post by foilist13 »

foilist13 wrote:
Nintendoaddict1 wrote:If you need to move on... then move on. Yes, I am bothered by his lack of content, he is usually more active. But in another completed game I played with Pine, (Mini 1156) he turned out to be scum, so his lack of activity here is a towntell for him.

As for me not liking your play, I'll have to get into that later as I am going out the door.

I saved this for last, because it is BY FAR the most interesting tid bit in Nintendo's play.

Most importantly, you make a meta argument. This meta argument is based on exactly one game. Pine posted lots as scum, and little now. Therefore he is playing differently than he did as scum, and therefore he is most likely town.

archaebob (who you are still voting at this point in the thread) posted a town meta game a long fucking time ago in which he plays almost exactly as he is playing now. Clearly you accept the value of meta, yet you ignore archaebob's cited meta for your own purposes. That my friend is fabricated reasoning, and that is scum play.

Nintendoaddict1 wrote:
foilist13 wrote:
Nintendoaddict1 wrote:That's exactly what I am trying to say. So what if it was only from one game? It is a drastic change in his style.
Good, so we've further established your faith in meta.
8. Okay.

Just making sure everybody sees this first.

Nintendoaddict1 wrote:
foilist13 wrote:
Nintendoaddict1 wrote:Honestly I haven't found the time, I've been rather busy with a few things.
Bullshit. Archaebob said exactly why he linked that game and what it would say. You knew without even having to read it.
9. Whoop-dee-shit. Of course he will link a game where he was town if he wants to look town. Not saying he is scum, but that post where he linked an old game does not magically make him town.

So for Pine meta is gold. I asked him that question several times and never got a different answer. For archaebob though, meta is unreliable. That is an inconsistency, and why I am voting you.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Barry Allen: I am not voting Nintendo for his playstyle or writing style. Please reread my case, or just my most recent post.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by foilist13 »

DemonHybrid wrote:Wow. Smh.

Also,
Unvote, Vote: jilynne1991.
My vote seems to be decaying on hiplop and jilynne is still very likely scum. Heliman and Barry Allen have it right on.

This part is more interesting to me for a different reason actually. "My vote is decaying" can only mean that it is no longer useful, which his Jillynne vote ceased to be pages and pages ago. His Hiplop vote actually produced more of a reaction than that on Jillynne and generated more discussion. Clearly he accepts the concept of having a useful vote, so it is not simply his playstyle to tunnel vote one player.

HOWEVER, I still don't get a gut scum read from him. I honestly get more of the first of the two possibilities you mentioned. He seems more like a townie trying really hard to be a good townie (which you asked everyone to later) than he does to be a lying scum player. His posts truly feel sincere to me. I defended you as town once and you lynched me for it. That was a very long time ago, but it was a fairly similar situation and I was town then. Now, I have not yet gone back and put myself in his shoes the way you asked me to. I'm still basing this off my initial reread of the thread and his ISO. Perhaps my read will change when I do that, but for the moment I'm not ready to vote him.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Post by foilist13 »

1) Actually I may be misremembering, but that is not what I'm getting at. The point I'm trying to make is that town (namely me) can have an honest motivation to defend other town (namely you) even when they don't need it. That is not to say that DemonHybrid's defense of you is entirely excusable or correct, it means that town motivation for it does exist. I'm going to drop this now though so that DemonHybrid will respond to the case himself rather than wait for me or someone else to make it go away.

2) I would laugh.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Post by foilist13 »

See it's that regardless of alignment part that's the problem. If you're nervous it means you can't figure out my alignment, or you're not sure, which is going to make you think I'm scum, and once you've convinced yourself that I'm scum the game will super nova and end.

If you're going to confront me, do it with a case, not this half ass shit that you always start with when you go after me.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #20) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Nintendoaddict1: I am referencing a different game in which archaebob and I were both town and I chose to defend him.

RE: Outing Masons: You have two choices. Either you keep it a secret who it is, and maybe plant a breadcrumb that your partner knows about which they can then reference later when they claim, or you can out them. If you out them, you will either get lynched anyway, in which case your partner will probably be killed and that will be the end of the masons, or you defer the lynch and the scum have to decide and either paint both of you as scum or to spend their time killing you off instead of other PR's and having no hope of lynching you during the day.

It's up to you.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:44 am

Post by foilist13 »

I'm significantly more excited about a pine lynch than a DH lynch, so
unvote, vote: pine

That's L-2
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I'm a tad weirded out by you feeling the need to tell archaebob that he's town before you start defending yourself. That feels like buddying to me.

The L-1 thing is plausible, but you didn't say that when you were deciding to vote for him later. If that really was your primary reason, and in fact the only thing standing between him and your vote, then why didn't you include it in your post? You had lots of other flowery language in there, and you voted him as soon as he went down to L-3. That seems like a very specific criteria to neglect.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:45 am

Post by foilist13 »

@Archaebob: It is scummy because he claimed to have a habit of labeling RVS votes in order to justify labeling his RVS vote. Valern is showing that he does not have that habit, therefore he fabricated a reason for doing something in order to make himself appear town. I can't see why you aren't jumping on this.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:30 am

Post by foilist13 »

I do, but keep in mind that Nintendo is
not
a newbie.

@Nintendo: To lessen the heat on you because that is what nervous scum do.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:37 am

Post by foilist13 »

If you were town why would you need to make something up in order to justify a vote?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:50 am

Post by foilist13 »

It's called answering a question with a question.

You claimed that you often label your RVS votes. You did this to justify labeling your RVS vote. You needed to justify it because archaebob was voting you and interrogating you. Valern showed that you do not label your RVS vote. Therefore you fabricated the idea that you label your RVS votes in order to remove arcahebob's vote against you. Lying to avoid a vote. That is textbook scum.

Scum are nervous or not. The phase of the game has less to do with it than the player. Clearly you are nervous when you play scum.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:56 am

Post by foilist13 »

You used the word
usually
when the correct term would have been
never
. If I am wrong, then please link me to 5 games in which you have labeled your RVS vote. That would constitute more than the amount Valern linked us to and would validate your use of the term
usually.
If you can't, than at list link us to one or two so we can accept the term
sometimes
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 am

Post by foilist13 »

I disagree. The ONLY reason one would have to tell such a lie is to appear less scummy. HOWEVER, if you read the game he linked he uses the same format there. "RVS: So and So," which means he wasn't actually lying and the case is null anyways.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:41 am

Post by foilist13 »

I know what you're talking about. Crappy town do that, and crappy scum do it also. They both think they're being clever. I already find Nintendo to be extremely scummy, therefore I have to assume that his is the scum motivation.

This is all irrelevant anyway since he wasn't lying to begin with.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am

Post by foilist13 »

archaebob wrote:I think Heliman is scum.

Well this is interesting. I see you slipped this in sort of under the radar. Could it be that you are foreshadowing future votes and cases? Hurm hurm HURM

'Splain please.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:51 am

Post by foilist13 »

Holy shit, this is a waste of time.
HE ALREADY SHOWED THAT HE WASN'T LYING
. Why are we discussing whether or not he is scum based on his lying if he never even lied??
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:03 am

Post by foilist13 »

Fine, you have fun. I'm going to go ISO people.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I'm very interested to see where this is going.

Secondly, @Archaebob: You have been zealous about putting pressure on every person in this game except me. I'd write it off to this not being the time of day for reaction hunting, but you even questioned the newer replacement.

What's going on man? Are you too comfortable with me already? Or are you saving up some epic case like last time?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by foilist13 »

@Archaebob: On second thought I suppose I'm not. My line of reasoning taken to its conclusion leads me to something I'm 95% sure is not true, so I'll not continue it.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Based on our history, I would suspect that you have a conviction about my alignment already. Either you're convinced by my play that I'm town, convinced by my play that I'm scum, or you're scum and you know my alignment already. However, based on your meta I am 95% sure that you are town (i.e. this line of reasoning was meant to determine if you are scum, which I am 95% sure is not true). I trust this read significantly more than I am bothered by you not questioning me. This line may lead to discovering what your actual convictions around my alignment are, but I imagine I'll find out anyway.

The reason I wanted to stop was 1) it was pointless, and 2) I'll find out what your opinion of me is anyway.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Post by foilist13 »

My concern does not extend past curiosity. We both know what happens when we're on opposite sides and what happens when we're on the same side. Neither of those things have yet materialized, so I can't be sure which way you're leaning. Yes, you're probably right, but you might not be. If you ask me further why I'm so curious I won't have an answer for you. This is it.

@Heliman: When archaebob is town this is what he sounds like. When he is scum he sounds slightly different. He is slightly more cautious. The need to fabricate his play visibly alters his playing style. The most significant difference is the need not to get lynched. If he is a vanilla townie he won't be remotely concerned with his own safety so long as he can convince the town of who the scum are. When he is scum or a powerrole, he recognized the need to preserve himself and his play becomes different.

It is difficult to explain beyond that without going in depth and quoting past games which I'm not going to do since it isn't my job to defend other townies.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by foilist13 »

See
now
you're questioning me, but only after I had to prod you for it. In newbie 968 you asked me some questions. Here though you've pretty much ignored me.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #38) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I graduated today mate :)

And now I'm posting from a new laptop which is twice as fast and watching hulu on the old laptop next to this one. Life is excellent right now.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:14 am

Post by foilist13 »

unvote

I'm not going to have an apathy lynch here. Replace out if you don't want to be invovled in the game and let us deal with your replacement.

Vote: Barry Allen

Valern has sparked my interest in you.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Lynching the claimed PR day 1 is bad play. If the scum don't off him tonight we can lynch him tomorrow. I suggest you read Barry Allen rather than foreshadowing your suspicions.

I find this post extremely scummy.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:28 pm

Post by foilist13 »

1) Apathy lynch means we're lynching him because he won't post a defense because he's become apathetic. The reason that is bad is that he is no longer invested in this game, which means he is no longer playing to his win condition. That means his actions cannot reveal his alignment. Therefore, it is better to wait until tomorrow when we have a replacement who is actually willing to defend their slot.

2) It is generally bad to lynch claimed PRs. This is because the scum will off them at night if they really are PRs and they will have a chance to use their night action. We are then free to use our lynch on someone else. Secondly, if the PR isn't offed at night, then they are either scum and we can lynch them the next day, or they're really are a PR and get a chance to use their night action.

Shockingly there can be more than one reason not to lynch somebody.

3) I haven't said why I'm voting Barry Allen yet. I said he sparked my interest, not that his reasons were my reasons.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (isolation #42) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:41 am

Post by foilist13 »

I'll get to Barry Allen tomorrow. My vote was poorly timed pressure and I'm not prepared to make a case that will shift the tide of this lynch.

I would prefer to hear from a replacement, but it doesn't seem that that is going to happen.

unvote, vote: Pine
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:37 am

Post by foilist13 »

Why would you assume that?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:41 am

Post by foilist13 »

Why would a vig be more likely to hit DH than scum?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #45) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by foilist13 »

That doesn't make any sense to me either. Good catch Heliman

foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #46) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Also, the only other wagon available at the time was on a
claimed PR
, and a significantly more believable one by most people's standards. So I'm scummy because we are approaching deadline, one wagon at L-1 the other a few votes away from a lynch, the threat of a no lynch looming, both wagons on claimed PR's, and I chose to hammer. That's what makes me scummy?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (isolation #47) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Post by foilist13 »

WTF is a sensor?
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #48) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:13 am

Post by foilist13 »

That doesn't make any sense Hiplop. We
don't
have this many PR's. Some of them are definitely lying. Scum daytalking would in no way be a useful counter balance for this ridiculous amount of PR's.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #49) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I would not support a mass claim. Any scum who haven't fakeclaimed already will just claim VT, and everyone who has claimed already will just reaffirm their claim. The only thing that will happen is our PR who targeted archaebob will be outed and the remaining mason(s) will be outed. What are you hoping to accomplish with this? The issue is that we have too many claims already. Adding to it will just give mafia more targets than any protection roles could possibly keep up with.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (isolation #50) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Post by foilist13 »

I'm forced to agree with archaebob here. It doesn't make sense how there could be that many power roles. Initially I was more inclined to believe BA over Nintendo. Sensor seems like an odd claim for town or scum, and I have never heard of one in a mini normal. I guess I can see how that is a strange claim for scum to make, though scum can really claim anything.

That is secondary reasoning though. Barry's interactions with nintendo are unrealistic as town.

Which of these is more plausible:

Town Tracker: "Gee there are a million PRs here. We better not lynch any of them!"
'
Scum Tracker: "Hurm, Nintendo claimed, but I probably shouldn't vote him. Voting an PR may get me in trouble."

unvote, vote: Barry Allen
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:04 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Claim: Friendly Neighbor
I
targeted archaebob last night. I now have a QT with him in which we can discuss at any time. Archaebob isn't a PR at all.

Are you happy now? You've outed yet another PR. Good for you.

unvote, vote: Ace

Now you have this ridiculous post here talking about how archaebob must be scum, and if he isn't Barry Allen must be scum, and you unvote? WTF? This looks like flailing to me.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by foilist13 »

My history with him warranted it. We have reached the point in the game where archaebob will either cease to suspect me entirely or commit himself to lynching me and whomever he thinks is my scum team. My friendly neighbor ability allows me to talk and confirms me as town. It does not confirm anyone to me. I suppose it's like forming an unconfirmed mason team. As far as him saying he thinks I'm town yesterday, that has absolutely no merit. Archaebob is not exactly a transparent player as you might have guessed. The point in targeting him with my neighbor power was to try and alleviate his suspicions.

That being said, I don't know that archaebob is town. He could very well be scum. Historically I have been bad at determining his alignment.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:26 am

Post by foilist13 »

Ok, I don't know what the hell is happening. Ace and I ARE masons. I have no idea why he would try to deny that. If DH had partners he planned on not outing, do you really think it would be beyond him to intentionally confuse the numbers?

Archaebob pretty much blew up in the QT. He haven't discussed much of anything really. I told him the mason situation then he was silent for probably a week, then he comes back and says YOU ARE BOTH SCUMZZZZZ and attacks me in thread without me responding in the QT. Personally I think everyone is high at the moment.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Well you win some you lose some. Gambits don't always work.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #55) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:32 pm

Post by foilist13 »

Whoohoo! I planned that from the beginning!!!

Jk, but to be fair I did forsee this shortly after my death.
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1153 (isolation #56) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:15 am

Post by foilist13 »

well that was fun. I was completely thrown by my neighborizer role and what to do with it. Then I figured I'd hit archaebob since he would already have a good read on me and this might be enough to trow him. Mentioning ace was a huge mistake though
foilist13
foilist13
Mafia Scum
foilist13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:27 am

Post by foilist13 »

Clearly you've hurt Archaebob's feelings. You should get him an ice cream.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”