Mini 1195: The Beehive Mystery (GAME OVER)

Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Sheesh, this is what I get for being away the day the game starts.

Last-minute change had me (The Kool) replacing out to join back up as a hydra. Our other head has been away from MS for a while, and is trying to get back in, so we'll see how active he is. Trying to prod him some.

Reading all 8 pages in one go gave this head a bit of an ache, after a tiring couple of days. As soon as I have time to go over things at greater liesure, I will do so, and get reads on people. Until then, maybe our other head will have something to say.
Hydra of The Kool and Dazzy
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Alright, this head is going to do something he hopes he doesn't become infamous for: skimreads. Basically, what I think up to this point without detailed rereads yet. We'll see how it stands up.

Sleepy I see leaning town. I get the impression he plays differently as town and maf, and he is playing quite similarly to how he did last game, where I happened to know all along that he was town.
Beck seems to me to be trying to sit back and enjoy the show. He has contributed some though, and his lighthearted tone seems way to risky for a mafia or third party. I think he's probably town that needs to buckle down.
Subs seems to be keeping partly to himself, but he is definitely trying to get peoples' stances on things. Applause for him. Null read.
Corporal Spoon is leaning town in my mind, though not very much. He's got several tics that fairly well negate it.
Ivan seems to be trying to deflect votes away from sleepy...?
ICEninja seems to have a solid head on his shoulders, but that means nothing. He has been way too quiet so far to get a read on.
Greymarble has one silly post. Lurker! Possibly trying to avoid attention, not hard in a game of 13. Likely 3rd party.
rblinker has few posts, but with seeming reason. They have all been about mafia theory, however, not about the game, once we were out of RVS. Rblinker, please focus here and contribute something.
Tommy has been contributing in his own way, but my memory(which is faulty, its true) wants to say not very effectively. A quick check proves my memory indeed faulty, though if there is anything I learned from my last game, it is that pro-town play =/= town. We'll see with him, once he gets pressure in his turn.
Yank: Something fishy going on here, not sure what. I do agree that pressure was let up too soon, though continued pressure may have confirmed the already gained read, part of me thinks not.
Acro seems to be pulling a fair bit of emotion, and maybe flailing some/ He uses the 'Duh! You guys are morons' approach a lot. That last comment about taking one for the team could be from a town mindset, but is far more often used as scum trying to bluff their way into the town. Leaning scum on this guy, I'll have to analyze him more later.
ConfidAnon has also been fairly quiet. Lets see what he thinks of Acro, and why he should be lynched, then we'll see.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #288 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Okay, guys. You NEVER EVER answer questions directed at someone else, or try to explain their reasoning! The questions were directed at them for a reason, and if you give the 'right' answer, scum could just say 'what he said' instead of the flawed response they would have given, outing them as scum. Hence, you NEVER EVER ANSWER QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT SOMEONE ELSE!

VOTE: Captain Spoon

And yeah, this is a hydra, led by The Kool.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

If he's not gonna claim heads, he's not gonna claim heads. Shut up and deal with it, there is no rule that says he has to just because you demand it. If you don't want to play with hidden hydras, find another game.

And I have been trying to discuss things with my other head before coming to any strong stance on anything. This has been going very slowly, so I voted CS for his fail. Also, note that that was a list of skimreads and gutreads, and I know better than to vote based on that. I have been rereading and gathering more evidence, since I have more time now than I did early on. Attacks will be coming soon, I guarantee it.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Don't hammer yet. I reserve the right to do so after I check a few things, and respond to some pending questions directed at me.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Firstly, though I have never been a mason here, some part of me twitches at the mention of a group of three masons in a game this size. Sounds too convenient. And as pressure on him grew, he definitely shifted into more of a flailing mode, grasping at straws, avoiding questions, and giving a rather convenient claim that gives way too much info to the mafia. If he DOES flip town, I thoroughly expect another mason to die tonight, thus negating the group entirely.

But that seems to me only a very slim possibility. Lets take this step by step.

One of the very first things he posted was the controversial jester suspicion. He knocks down suspicions of with a 'yeah, right' response. He claims votes on him are people twisting words, and while we all twist words sometimes, this was not a case of that.

His #47 is just loaded with OMG U R ALL SCUM, a position he has kept up to date.
YankCane151 wrote:Again, I don't see what was so explicit about Ivan's case. It wasn't clarified to me until #36, before then it was just IVP And sub being suspicious of me for word choice. I don't even know if Greymarble's is a joke or not, but if not then that's the most incorrect interpretation I've ever seen.
But hey, worse comes to worse and IVP, sub and Grey are leading the mislynch bandwagon and they die the following days, whatever it takes to win,
I just don't see how they have actual cases past #36(which I defended myself against, but lo and behold, Marble ignored that post completely.)

It looks to this head also like Ivan has been bussing him, and Yank responded vindictively in his #49.

I'm definitely seeing some AtE in his following posts.

As suspicion lightens, he goes AWOL here, lurking in his little corner, trying to avoid notice, and mistakes like that first post.

He returns in #164 with an attempt at scumhunting, asking for clarification, once again going after Ivan, the only person he has attacked this game, though he has thrown suspicion on Beck as well, both people who have pushed against him first.

He then vanishes again until #362, where he pops back in to say he's been getting TOWN reads from Ivan, whom he was (relatively)grilling earlier for not responding to his questions!

He seems eager to claim in #372, as if he has a falseclaim prepared and ready to drop.

When he claims, he immediately turns and drops three names of people we should waste our next three days lynching. He throws up his hands in AtE, saying 'Oh well, I hope town does better later', which is a blatant scum tactic, a last minute attempt to appear town.

It's hammah time. Or not, since someone unvoted. You have my permission to hammer, as I write up responses to those questions directed at me.

VOTE: Yank
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #390 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Oh you SONOVA- I hate my computer. All that postage lost.

So. I somehow missed two pages when reading up. I am now having trouble finding the questions directed at me. And it is later than I thought it was. I will not unvote right now, because I still happen to think I am right. We'll see what I think tomorrow, with a fresh mind, and reading through concerns, and seeing what my other head thinks. For now, I need sleep. >.<
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (isolation #7) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:12 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Anyone unsure of what WIFOM truly means must watch this scene, which is actually the origin of the term.

I just finished thoroughly absorbing myself in another mafia game, so it'll take a bit to get back to this one. I was also gone all day, and don't have time for ISOs now. I will do a couple tomorrow though, and give some reads. My other head has supposedly been doing a thorough reread, hence why he hasn't posted yet, but communication between us is rather sparse.

Beck wrote:
Da Koolzzy wrote:If he's not gonna claim heads, he's not gonna claim heads. Shut up and deal with it, there is no rule that says he has to just because you demand it. If you don't want to play with hidden hydras, find another game.

And I have been trying to discuss things with my other head before coming to any strong stance on anything. This has been going very slowly, so I voted CS for his fail. Also, note that that was a list of skimreads and gutreads, and I know better than to vote based on that. I have been rereading and gathering more evidence, since I have more time now than I did early on. Attacks will be coming soon, I guarantee it.

and reading my ISO, I really love how you of all called me out for sitting back watching the show when you have done nothing note worthy all game except replace yourself with a hydra of you and somebody else.

That was because I anticipated having not a whole lot of time to devote to this game, which has proven very accurate. I replaced with a hydra to help counteract this, but it seems to have not been very effective.

Beck wrote:
Da Koolzzy wrote:Okay, guys. You NEVER EVER answer questions directed at someone else, or try to explain their reasoning! The questions were directed at them for a reason, and if you give the 'right' answer, scum could just say 'what he said' instead of the flawed response they would have given, outing them as scum. Hence, you NEVER EVER ANSWER QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT SOMEONE ELSE!

VOTE: Captain Spoon

And yeah, this is a hydra, led by The Kool.

btw is this your only reason for voting spoon? Because as much as I hate the fact he has done this, this isn't enough of a reason to lynch somebody as I have seen town players do this before, even I have been guilty of doing this.

I await your catch-up posts and I hope you will see that Yank is most deserving of a lynch for day 1.

off to bed, man it's late

I was using the vote as a harsh lesson, that I AM willing to lynch someone who so thoroughly and effectively negates the town's primary means of finding scum. Scum or not, they need to go.

Reconsidering the case on Yank, I still think that as bad a player as he has been so far, he likely grabbed for the closest claim to what he truly is. He has connections with two people? He claims it is a mason connection, not a mafia one. And as for presenting it to the other mafia... how many games have you been in where mafia can talk during the day? Still, subs may be right. We have him pegged, he won't slip past us. Lets go find the next one.

UNVOTE:

I will hunt someone down tomorrow, after some ISOs.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #455 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:28 am

Post by Da Koolzzy »

You know, all the times I told myself I would never do that... I go and do it.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #559 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:00 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Context, context! Beck, my boy, even I in my short time here have learned the importance of quoting posts.

The hydra has been explained as an attempt to play without enslaving myself to the site. Since my other head has not yet posted, and has hardly contributed to our QT, I'm a little ticked off.

My lack of posting is an issue I wish to fix. This day, either my other head or I will be doing a full and thorough reread of day 1, with comprehensive reads intermittently throughout. I too feel as if I have been useless, and my main attempt at usefulness has been attacked as scummy, as well as my policy vote. I am unsure of policy lynches, but I do believe in attacking someone for hindering the town.

And I apologize for completely missing the mark on you. I have no idea if I just missed seeing all your posts, or if I meant to say somebody else.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:38 pm

Post by Da Koolzzy »

Hello all, Head #2 popping in at last to get involved while we work on a larger post, including a small case *gasp*.

Grey's behaviour has been questionable this game, but I agree with Beck in that maybe he shouldn't be the focus at this point. Definitely worth a revisit in the future though.

I also would like to hear jilynne's take on D1, as her slot is, at this point, my main suspect. SK will be the main focus of my piece of the upcoming post, but if his play can be tempered by Jilynne's input, I'm open to that.

@ Beck:
First off, everything you're saying is fair. We have been a bit low on the activity scale, but I (head#2) take the blame for that.

On the site that our heads met on, third parties are almost a standard in the very convoluted games we play. As such, we might have been a bit biased in our approach to something we saw as unusual

This is not enough, and I know that, more is coming, but I thought I'd start to be a bit more proactive now that I actually can.
Da Koolzzy
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Da Koolzzy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #601 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:51 am

Post by Da Koolzzy »

I'd like to jump in here and address a couple of your points there ICE:

First off, from what I understand, the CS vote was not a serious PL attempt, but rather just an extreme form of protest in response his actions. I agree it was an unnecessary overreaction.

The "Don't hammer" post was nothing more than trying to get time to give some input on the situation and reevaluate our position on Yank. We didn't understand at first the significance of the mason role in relation to the setup, nor how it could be confirmed without a lynch. In that case, Yank's actions outweighed the possibility of an odd setup. Hence the vote.

@Beck: Site
Scroll down for completed games. It wouldn't be unfair to say that this site is not the pinnacle of mafia play XD. Setups are complex and a lot of play is done through private messaging. We’re just now trying to move away from that.

Putting stuff together between heads. Bigger stuff on the way.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”