Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Valern »

Hi! I'm kinda swamped today but I'll be reading this later/tomorrow.

UNVOTE: if I had a vote down.
l'enfer, c'est les autres
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Valern »

OK. I'm here, and I'm gonna be reading here and there throughout the day. I try to be concise when I can, so I'll probably slam you all with lots of little posts rather than one ginormous one while I catch up. I apologize if I rehash something someone has already said.

First thing of note -

nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:
archaebob wrote:
nintendoaddict1 wrote:
RVS: Spad
cause it sounds like spud.

Why are you labeling your vote as random? Nervous much?

vote: nintendoaddict1

Cause I used random.org and then typed up some lolwut reason.

Using a randomizer to pick your vote and then making sure everyone knows just how random it is defeats the purpose of a random vote, and makes you sound like nervous scum.

Wagon please.

No, I like to make it clear when I am using an RVS vote, because some people do not make it known, thus it makes it very confusing as to whether or not it is actually random, so unless I say RVS I am making a serious vote.

*sleuths*

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p2964869
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p2992531
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3036141
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p3060322

This is a lie.

I present to the jury three town games and a scum game, none of which feature Nintendoaddict feeling the need to preface his vote with an "RVS:" If it's scummy that he felt the need to do so, it's even
more
scummy that he felt the need to lie about why he was doing it.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am

Post by Valern »

'Nerve'? 'Stunt'?

Your wording twinges my gut, Giitah. Best I can describe it, it reads like nervous laughter rather than a genuine HAHAHA U SO FUNNY VALERN. I'll keep it in mind.

Bob reads town for being proactive. Jilynne reads town as of the top of page 5. I can't see newbscum coming in so calmly with 5 votes on her, even if it was outright stated it was a pressure wagon.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Valern »

Bob - Point one was simply echoing you, and I was completely upfront about the fact that one of those games was a scum game. I'm not trying to say "this is scummy because this is something he only does as scum", I'm saying "this is scummy because he feels the need to lie, and what town motivation is there in that?"

Do you disagree that lying in a game is something primarily scum-motivated?

Spoiler: notes and shit, up to 232
137 echoes my thoughts on Bob's 134. And top of Bob's 143 pings my scumdar a little as well -- I have slight town reads on both DH and Hiplop at this point and I don't think asking them to continue going at each other while not really commenting on them is particularly pro-town. That relies on my reads, though.

I get the impression that Barry is stalling (while calling Jil out for stalling, lawl) in 153. Scummy.

Scumhunter is so brazen about his anti-town lurking in 155 that my gut leans town on it. But his 161 self-meta does not strike me as town at all -- he's setting himself up to have an excuse to votehop. Which isn't really scummy by itself, but the fact that he's so concerned about it being seen as scummy is. It's enough to counteract 155.

Ace's 176 reads highly town to me. A little pressure on someone who wants to be a town leader is always a good thing and Ace gets it rolling. Hiplop's vote seems natural at this point. Giitah's votehop reads scummy, though. Bob's reaction is towny.

Jilynne's absence and lack of real posting is increasingly frustrating but she seems like low-hanging fruit rather than an actual scumbag at this point. After 199 this is really pending my town-lean on hiplop, though.

Nintendo tearing into hiplop but leaving his vote on Bob is scummy.

Barry is spending a lot of time pushing on people I think are town.

Still catching up, obviously.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Valern »

D: Totally forgot I was in this game. Reading more now.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by Valern »

Spoiler: catchup post from the top of page 10 to the bottom of 11
Top of Barry's 230 sounds like OMGUS minus the accompanying vote. Ace is, at this point in my read, one of my strongest town reads and the fact that he feels the need to throw dirt a little on Ace before responding to him doesn't sit well with me at all. Not sure why I didn't catch this the other day.

Hiplop's 231 completely fails to comment on ace/barry's back and forth. Not scummy on its own, but worth noting if it becomes a pattern.

Nintendo's 239: I could go on my "meta doesn't usually mean much" rant, but suffice to say that Pine posted more as town in a game I played with him recently.

Nintendo's 246: Under pressure from Bob, he unvotes him without putting his vote somewhere else. On page 10. Not because he claims he doesn't think Bob is scummy any more, but because he admits his vote isn't doing anything. W. T. F. Beyond useless. Mega scummy.

Giitah 252: comments on how pressuring Jil may have revealed her alignment without committing to what
he
thinks it is. Scummy!

Heliman's 258 seems misguided but town.

Not really feeling Barry's case on Hiplop [259]. Seems like he's on his case for playstyle more than anything else. More scumminess from Barry, though, as he spends all that space on a Hiplop case and then backs out with a non-commital "is he scum? i dano lol" at the end. Looks like Barry is dipping his pinky finger in the waters trying to determine if the water's the right temperature for a Hiplop soup.

Heliman's 267 looks distinctly of OMGUS.

Bob's 269 catches on to the same tidbit I did. Good man.

Barry's 273 is noted. I haven't really been reading much of the current pages yet, but I'm aware Pine is the lead wagon and that he's been on V/LA. Interested to see if Barry was consistent with his "I don't want to vote someone on V/LA before they post a defense" statement.

Spoiler: from the top of page 12 to the bottom of 14
DH 278, 280, 281 - I can see where DH is coming from on the Jil thing (though I still think she was just an easy wagon) but I can't see why he would fail to comment on or have reads about anything else going on in the game. Scummy.

Barry 292 - he seems to like to comment on people and say things to the effect of finding them voteworthy without actually placing a vote. Why has this guy not gotten more attention?

Scumhunter 295 - Fluff. Self-meta. (might just be a playstyle thing, but does he really need to go on about it so long?) Reads are informative, at least, though he is awfully non-commital regarding quite a few of them. ("Well, I think they're this, but then again they could be that...") Puts both barry and ace as "leaning scum" but votes ace. Possible barry-buddy?

Nintendo 297 - catches Scumhunter's non-commital posting re: Bob. +townpoints.

Barry 299 - Like his question at scumhunter regarding pine, suspicious of his relative lack of useful comments on Scumhunter's reads.

Scumhunter 300/301 - Scumhunter and Barry seem very willing to talk openly with or about each other. Throws out my Scumhunter/Barry team theory a little. Plus, 301 gives me some townvibes.

SH 305 - "As for my reads list. I want to change it a little. I'm going to back off both my Barry scum read and my hiplop town read a bit" -- okay, sure, so he talked with Barry and found him to be slightly townier. I can see that, even if I don't agree with it. But why is hiplop suddenly scummier when he didn't post, unless he's sheeping Barry's logic (who he previously thought was most scummy behind Ace)? SUSPICIOUS.

Barry's response to hiplop [335] cements my feelings that this is scum-on-town.

Ace 339 - Finally, that Pine case I knew was coming. He raises some good points about Pine that I hadn't previously noticed but, while I'm thinking about him, I think the most damning thing is that he claims he's able to read the thread and he's obviously able to post but he doesn't spend the time to even try to give us his reads. Contrary to what some people seem to think, quote walls are absolutely not necessary for giving us reads. Defending oneself, maybe, but why can't he post reads other than continuing to think Bob is scum?

Barry 340 - He comes in to respond to hiplop and COMPLETELY IGNORES ace's case on Pine. Afraid of having to fake a reaction? I think so. And regarding his point 1 - if it's not scummy, WHY DOES HE KEEP BRINGING IT UP AND PADDING HIS CASE WITH IT? and "I don't know if you're scum or not" sounds like he has to remind himself that he's not supposed to know. That's more of a gut-thing, though.

Barry 346 - Suddenly, the typo thing is scummy enough for a vote, despite him saying it was null in 340! AMAZING!

I know I'm not done catching up yet, but I think I am confident enough for a Barry vote right now. He's just. So. Amazingly. SCUMMY.

VOTE: Barry
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Post by Valern »

Well, Barry is probably town. That's a gutsy scum gambit if he's scum.

Hiplop, why is your vote still on Barry?
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:59 am

Post by Valern »

@Mod: I'm sorry, but I need an emergency V/LA for a day or two while some RL stuff gets taken care of.

If I'm not back by the end of the second of July, replace me.

Sorry folks. Unexpected shitstorm.

-btw, if anyone just happens to be rolling in extra dough looking for a good cause to donate to, I could
really
use it right now. >.<
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Post by Valern »

I'm back, finally.

Can't say much as I'm posting from a PS3 atm, but it occurs to me that it's unlikely nintendo is telling the truth for pure balance reasons. I can't take a look right now as, again, I'm on a PS3, but I'm pretty sure sensor is NOT on the mini normal whitelist and it hardly qualifies as the single allowable custom role, either.

in b4 "outguessing the mod"

Let's get an informative counter-wagon going.

VOTE: nintendo
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:41 am

Post by Valern »

Why the hell did we not lynch nintendo yesterday?

VOTE: Nintendo

But for the lolz:

Nintendo, did you get any results last night?
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:54 am

Post by Valern »

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. I wasn't even on the xvart wagon.

UNVOTE: just in case that wasn't actually the hammer (no clue what the votecount is) - it would be nice to have some discussion with nintendo basically confirmed scum. :P
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:55 am

Post by Valern »

EBWOP: Oh, maybe it was. :s
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Valern »

Meh.

I'm not scum, Barry, I was just skimming. e.e

I pointed out Nintendo lying D1 about his RVS voting and did all the research to prove it. Why would I go to all that trouble of incriminating him if I was buddies with him?

I seem to recall Bob saying something about how Foilist and Ace
had
to be scum together but tbh after D1 ended before I was even fully caught up I haven't done more than skimmed anything since. This game moves too fast and I work too much to have any hopes of reading it all. :s
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #991 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:03 am

Post by Valern »

Also ftr I was "loooooooooooooooool"ing at nintendo saying I was the "one scum on the xvart wagon".
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #997 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Valern »

I lean town on Giitah, and hiplop. /shrug on Barry, ace and scumhunter but I somehow don't think the scumteam would be profoundly stupid enough to
all
fakeclaim power. because srsly wtf.

nintendo, certainly not what it looked like.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Valern »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p3175023

^ bob post on ace

@nintendo: oh. NOT LIKE IT MATTERS BECAUSE IT'S SCUMMY WIFOM LOL.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Valern »

Amusingly enough I think this kind of memory slip up points to Barry being town because LOL at the idea of scum forgetting who they are or are not in a QT or whatever with.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Valern »

I'm chocolate, actually.

>.>

JK, vanilla townie.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Valern »

Giitah wrote:Unfortunately at this point I'm raising eyebrows at everyone I overlooked before, which means the rest of you except Ace aren't looking too great to me. I noted while going through Nintendo's posts ISO that you were the one our resident scum nervously RVS voted for, Scumhunter, so I need to look for more association before I come to a better conclusion. Hiplop, you were the biggest suspect of xvart before he got blatantly accused, and as for Valern, well, nobody has an accurate enough read on you at this point which comes off as pretty scummy to me.

Translation: "Meh, I don't really care who we lynch. YOU'RE ALL SCUMMY TROLOLOL."

FOS:Giitah

and VOTE: Ace

if I haven't done so already -- I think I already explained this but basically I'm sheeping off Bob's case of thinking foilist and Ace were buddies together and the fact that Ace didn't really do anything to confirm or deny it. I mean, hell, if some person was falsely claiming I was their mason buddy, I would raise a racket to get them lynched for obv-lying and trying to get me dragged down with them. But that wasn't what happened iirc. :s

I haven't been around as much as I should be, and for that I apologize, but real life's been keeping me busy. I'll replace out if it gets much worse but for now you're just gonna have to cope.

I should have time monday, if nothing else.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1049 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:25 am

Post by Valern »

Struck a nerve, hmm?

so I need to reread. Fair?

Fair enough, but that's not what you said. What you said parsed as "you're all scummy/I don't care who gets lynched", not "I need to re-read".
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1067 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Post by Valern »

If he's scum the motivation is obvious -- I'm likely an easier mislynch.

However, I'm withholding my judgement for now. I need to re-read and I'm going to sleep right now, so it ain't gonna happen just yet.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1069 (isolation #21) » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:38 am

Post by Valern »

So you admit you know I'm a mislynch? Nice.

VOTE: Giitah
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:40 am

Post by Valern »

I just skim-reread Giitah. Looking back, it seems like he invested a lot of energy into questioning Nintendo that I don't think scum would be likely to do in that situation.

I still haven't done a deep re-read of him or anyone else, but

UNVOTE:

In other news, us cross-voting each other for this length of time and no one quickhammering conclusively proves there's only one scum left, unless you think Giitah and I are scum together. I can walk y'all through why this is if someone needs the explanation but I think it should be pretty obvious.

Ace caught nintendo's slip (iso 47) which strikes me as towny, and he had a strong D1 overall, and looking back it turns out he
did
say something about foilist claiming he was a mason buddy. I thought he didn't. Guess I missed that post or something.

So I still need to skim-read Scumhunter and Hiplop again, which I'll get around to later. And maybe I'll actually do a thorough re-read, but as you guys probably have realized by now I'm extremely busy and lazy most of the time when I'm not busy so I probably won't. :D But right now my read is town on hiplop and null on scumhunter... I really don't remember much of anything he's said or done which is probably not a good sign, but we'll see what the reread does for me.
Valern
Valern
Goon
Valern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1092 (isolation #23) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Valern »

Mod: Please replace me.

I'm sorry, I just don't have the kind of time this game deserves. =/