[Mini 1205] Tough Guy Mafia - Game Over!

avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:24 am

Post by avasthearties »

Hey everyone! Well... VOTE: bobsknox for being one below me on the list, queue joining copycat!

Wickedestjr wrote:
Vote: Horrifying Hero
- Long time no see, Mastin. :)

@Everyone-
1. Do you prefer to be mafia or town?
2. How do you plan to catch the scum?

hmm...
1. Mafia, honestly. I find them both fun for different reasons but if I have to choose one, Mafia's nice just because you get to do something during the night.
2. Questions. Questions are always nice.

HezLucky wrote:
WHO WANTS PIE?

Depends. Is it chocolate?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 am

Post by avasthearties »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Post by avasthearties »

bobsnox wrote:It was a random vote at first but his ISO gives me scumvibes just like those others I listed. You are right, though; I didn't explain it. But I was trying to imply that I guess.

What exactly gives you scumvibes in his postings? Any specific examples?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:26 am

Post by avasthearties »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:
avasthearties wrote:
Kid Know Nothing wrote:
unvote, vote yonzy

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kid Know Nothing... suspicious vote without explanation on Yonzy is suspicious. Please explain, will you?

To see who over reacted to it first. Easy.

So now that I have questioned you about it, why are you keeping your vote up without justification? You are voting to put someone to death without providing reasoning for why you think they are scum. If that up there was your only reason for the vote, then why continue to have an unproductive vote up?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 am

Post by avasthearties »

Kid Know Nothing wrote: And I just changed my vote to Avas, who has yet to come on and respond to it. Or post since then. How am I supposed to further my case when there is literally nothing else to discuss until Avas posts?

Alright, response here then. Your vote is pretty clear OMGUSing. How would you expect someone to react to your explanation-less vote? Your argument is illogical as there is no way you can make that previous vote out to be a pro-town action. I voted you in an attempt to pressure some explanation out of you, and all of the action you have taken since then has made me decide to keep my vote on you. It seems to me that you made that previous vote so that you could think of a way to attack whoever mentioned it; since you did not provide an argument with it, you were free to make up your own explanation for it as the situation unfolded. This apparent attempt at trying to create an easy target to attack strikes me as perhaps the most scummy action in this game so far, so my vote will remain on you. Your vote on me simply fits in with my idea of what you were trying to do with that previous vote.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:43 am

Post by avasthearties »

Ah Christ that was a pain in the ass to read, and frankly for little value. There really wasn't much actual content to be garnered from those several back and forth pages, except for a few interesting statements like:
YankCane151 wrote:bobsnox: Look again. Determine again. Hez is scum, let's not look elsewhere.

That big show managed to achieve that, as it is pretty hard to look anywhere but there with several pages of arguing. Now discussion has been moved off of KKN and onto that firestorm. I don't like the result of this attention whoring, which leads me to
FOS: Yank
for now. I just find it suspicious that when the bandwagon on KKN started growing suddenly an arguement forms that overshadows everything else. Obviously Hez is responsible for that as well, but the reason it's Yank I am FOSing is simply that unusual statement above. If anything, there is the possibility that they could both be scum bussing eachother to get the heat off of KKN.

I was finding Bobsnox scummy in the beginning, but I'm not sure what to think of him now. Some of the stuff he has said recently has been reasonable, and lead me to have kind of a null read on him right now. So yeah. I don't really get the calls against HH though. I don't really see anything scummy coming from them, and the gambit in the beginning just strikes me as a little too... conspicuous, I guess, to be done by scum.

I guess Yonzy is out now and in comes Vifam, who I think is making up for the dumbassery of his predecessor. Good reasonable defense provided for Yonzy's cluelessness. Time will tell how useful Vifam is, but I'd say currently he's about a 1 on a scale of -5 to 5 (with -5 being confirmed scum and 5 being confirmed town).
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 am

Post by avasthearties »

YankCane151 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. Avas: Why didn't you attack bobsnox for his votes #1 and #13 ISO, where he didn't give a reason for either, but you attacked KKN for the same thing when he did it once?

1 was RVS, wasn't it? And as for 13, he explained his vote in between then and my post, unlike KKN who only provided a BS "I wanted to see who would overreact" answer after the fact.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:56 am

Post by avasthearties »

YankCane151 wrote:CA: Confirming them, or at least, making me feel a little more sure of the gutread.

I'll be interested to hear Wicked's thoughts on HH and the other developments when he comes back from V/LA

Avas: What did you think of my case? and Why isn't Hez getting an FoS too? Basically your whole reasoning for doing so to me is that I distracted the town for 4-5 pages, which Hez was also responsible for. Hez also called me confirmed scum too, if you recall.

Really, I can't make heads or tales of your case beyond the basic intentions. I can only concentrate on constant walls of text for so long. The main thing I got from there is that you each pretty much refuted what the other said, and in the end, there was really no gain of ground on either side. As for the FoS, it is a FOS after all and has no tangible effect, simply a display of suspicion. The reason you were the one that got it was simply because of the nature of that quote I posted, which I find suspicious. Hez is just as guilty of distraction, that one post is the dividing factor in my mind.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by avasthearties »

Kid Know Nothing wrote:What do you think of yonzy?

I think Yonzy was just stupid, and not coherent enough or around often enough to really get a read on. I've resorted to pretty much judging the Vifam half of the pair from here on out, as he at least seems to understand the basics of spelling.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:24 am

Post by avasthearties »

I'm not liking how bobsnox is voting recently. He pretty much dropped all pretense of HH to go against Yank with Tar, which I found odd after this statement he made earlier:
bobsnox wrote:Why is no one looking at HH more? I don't think Yank-Hez is a town v town per se but it's impossible to determine the best candidate between them at this stage. Let's look elsewhere for now.

And then in a later post he also suggests looking elsewhere:
bobsnox wrote:They're bad because it's day one. You don't know as much as you think you do. I know you're not new to this site so what's the deal? More often than not stuff like this gets a townie killed day one and then another townie autolynched day two for leading the wagon. I don't know what you and Hez are but neither of you are good day one lynches based purely on that.

Unless one of you has made a huge scumslip, I suggest we look elsewhere.

Sorry to be the voice of reason <_<

He votes Yank for being "not good for the town", not because he is scummy or such. In fact, he said later:
bobsnox wrote:You're very caustic aren't you? It's not really wishy washy, but you can misrep all you want day one. You're the best person to eliminate at this time. That's how I play day one. I tried to get another strategy going because
I'm not convinced you're scum
, but you are utterly against that. The rampant tunneling on hez and the refusal to seek a better gameplan has convinced me you need to die. Also, the omgus on tars will probably not go well for you.

Emphasis mine. He explicitly stated that he doesn't think Yank is scum, but still voted for him. Voting for someone you don't think is scum is a 100% anti-town move that brings us that much closer to a scum victory. You could say that it was a pressure vote, but he explicitly stated that Yank "needs to die".
And then he flips over to Tar and all Yank is forgotten. I don't like this. As far as bad votes go, this certainly beats out whatever the hell KKN was trying to pull. So UNVOTE: VOTE: Bobsnox.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 am

Post by avasthearties »

bobsnox wrote:thank you Friend. that post didn't sit well with me either. I haven't paid a lot of attention to avast yet but I'm getting more scumvibes

Oh, scumvibes? Examples please? Beyond "that post didn't sit well with me"? The fact is I just feel that voting someone that you don't really believe is scum, but is acting in an anti-town manner is anti-town in itself. If you kill a townie because of that, you are just helping the scum by bringing them that much closer to their win condition. There's a difference between anti-town, and scummy.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:04 am

Post by avasthearties »

bobsnox wrote:Actually no. I'm willing to lynch avast. Wicked's ISO looks better.

oh no a one-liner! bobsnox is scum!

How does Wicked's ISO look better enough that it made you change you mind within 2 minutes? Mind elaborating?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #398 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by avasthearties »

It's pretty much an unsurprise that Wicked votes for me seeing as I'm in 2nd place for the rope necklace contest... and he's in first. It seems as though he's decided to try to help push me over the edge to keep himself alive... Well I'm going to read through Wicked's iso and should have another post coming soon.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #400 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by avasthearties »

@Wicked How did Yank end up near the top of your little list? 3/5 of your posts are you going all "post 37 post 37" at him, and at no point do you discuss what turned you completely around on Yank. You said right before your break that you liked Confidanon's points on yank, but now he's near the bottom and Yank's at the top. Why?
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by avasthearties »

Alright, I'm going to have to UNVOTE: VOTE: Wicked just for the sake of self-preservation at this point. Bob is obvscum but Wicked still makes my top 3 and with the deadline coming up I might as well. Post coming tomorrow when I'm actually in the mood. Wicked vote will remain unless a Bob wagon starts up.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #450 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by avasthearties »

I'm Vanilla. Boring but true. And hammering me before KKN gets a replacement or we see HH's wall would be a scum move indeed.
avasthearties
avasthearties
Townie
avasthearties
Townie
Townie

Post Post #518 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Post by avasthearties »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: bob
It's about time.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”