ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

/confirm WOO!
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Woo I know noone in this game
VOTE: Odysseus for being first to vote
"ScreamingHawk just doesn't understand logic. It's quite apparent, really." - Hiraki
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:22 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Wow this game has taken off quick. Anywho...

Timeater reads town - aggressive but that's all good.
Treznor reads nub-null / null-scum - opinions are swayed very easy. backing down very quickly. can't handle pressure either becuase new or scum and doesn't want confrontation.
Odysseus reads town - generally nice amount of information for so early on. May need to check his meta later (fill me in if you know)
redtail reads null - why did you unvote someone with only your vote on him (and mine from RVS but who cares) - no harm leaving it there until you have someone else to vote for?
Soben reads town - you seem nice.
Uphill reads town - not much to say here.

Anyone else needs to make a bigger impression.

I'll be back on in hour or so
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Also should chuck this in UNVOTE: VOTE: Treznor
Wassup son?
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:19 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 102, bionicchop2 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: screaminghawk

Explain your vote on treznor and your flimsy player analysis. You left some active players off the list.

Filmsy analysis is my meta. Also Soben's analysis in #66 got no remarks from you about being filmsy. That was merely a town/scum list. No reasoning at all.

Treznor seems to be either a weak player - not holding his own values very high - , or scum sheep.

My vote isn't going to stay on el_simo, just wanted to pick on him a bit as we ran into each other in our last game :)

unvote

In #37 #44 claims Katty town-fighting (i.e. is town) then once called on it something something something #98

I'm going to post this anyway so you can see my train of thought but I was skim reading before and after going through ISO case is very weak. I don't have a strong scum read on anyone really at this point so vote stays.

Also people I missed didn't stick out while I was skimming through. Sorry about that.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:35 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

@bionicchop2 - I wanted meta on you before I came to any conclusion.

@Odys - ty for game link.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Hi FightingShadow. Any comments?

Are we really going to get this in depth about the headache thing? Sounds a bit extreme. Also as I side not, the passive aggressive sounding in that post was probably a symptom of said migraine. I know it would be for me.

And Soben... I'm already begining to regret my words...
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 160, Odysseus wrote:
Overall:
This rose a lot of questions for me, certainly enough for me to drop him out of the null range into the scum range.
Questions for SH:
1) Based on the amount and value of your content to this point, would you have made it onto your list of reads after a skim or would you be one of the people who needs to make more of an influence? Why?
2) Why didn't you list a read on Katty?
3) What is your read on Katty?
4) You voted treznor but conceded to the fact that your case was weak. Soben and I have both provided reads where we analyze his play and he ended up townsided. Do you agree with this? Why haven't you talked about it considering the fact that he is your lynch target and you've posted active-lurk posts since then?

Hey I do mention meta a lot. Never noticed. I do find it important early on, to get a grasp of what the play style is of people as there really isn't much to go on the first day.

1) I probably would have gone unnoticed. I only feel the need to post when I have something to say. That really isn't too often. Am trying to be more active in this game, but we will see how that goes.
2) Katty had all of 5 posts including RVS and some bs convo about RVS and a complaint about a headache. Honestly... The only thing to mention about this is how much attention it got out of everyone else. Less a read on Katty. More a read on those bothering to have a 3 page discussion about it.
3) Null - see above
4) Again, I don't post as often as I should. I'll try to change that for this game. Will see how that goes. I see your cases against trenzor but I don't entirely agree. I see what you see as towntells but with a sign up date of 2004, those towntells seem too nooby to be unforced. I'm pretty undecided at this point. His hop on Katty looks quite like bussing. Though he openly claims that he doesn't have a strong case against her so does look more townish.
tl;dr null-town at this point.

I'll go through and ISO everyone for full analysis after dinner. UTC+12 here.
Will make this one my main game. (Currently 3 others and exams coming up shortly so will try my hardest)
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:28 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

@Ody - I'm glad you pointed out trenzor's mistake at the bottom there. Seemed that had gone through unnoticed.

(I'm at work today which means I'll be busy this morning but in the afternoon there are literally no customers so will do that full ISO I promised yesterday.)
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

bionicchop2 - Null-town. Has some valid points, and asks a lot of questions about other peoples play. Generally seem pro-town. Would like to see a list of your reads at some point.

DemonHybrid - Null. I hate to say this but I really can’t read anything from what you’ve posted. Most of it is quoting other people and disagreeing with whatever is in the post. I do agree with your #141 on timeater, though I think he is leaning scum.

el simo - Only one real post with info has been #171, understandable with exams, so will judge you over the coming weeks. Thought that post had some good info. Null-town

FightingShadow - Timeater left me wtf about this slot. But I like your read on the game so far. Null-town, more town if I ignore Timeater

Gen_Wolf - Has really done nothing. A promise to post in #144 but that was 2 days ago. Null-scum. Lurking/ breaking promises to post always seems scummy to me, as it’s definately not pro-town. (Aware I do this but still point stands)

Katty Bard - Null. Not much to say about this player at this time. I like her reads in #186. But that vote followed by unvote (saying it was bad in the first place) and then defending it? I don’t know.

Odysseus - I dislike hydras, they are hard to read. This being said I like the way you analysis from both perspectives in #160. I’ll give that a go later. You’re town in my book at this point. Great scumhunting so I’d keep you around. If Katty flipped scum I’d expect to be on the chopping block, but I really don’t see it at this point so sticking to the defense.

redtail896 - Hardly any content from you that is new to the conversations. A lot just seems to be repeated information from other peoples posts. I’d like to see some original thought out of you. I’m referring in particular to #177 and #179. Null-scum, because nothing particularly scummy, just lack of OC.

ScreamingHawk - TOWN

Soben - Sigh hydras... Constantly updating reads, and providing some decent chunks or well thought out information. Town but KMIOY hydras...

trenzor - Initial thing on el simomakes me think scum. Straight calling the Katty fight town-fighting in #44 without any reasoning also seems scummy. And then #51 saying is not a town read. Just a side note, his sign up date of 2004 is odd with his style of play up to this point. How much exp have you actually had here? Oh lots, #77. Still his play style seems very newbie. Strange. #98 - “I’d go along with Katty being scum if it wasn’t entirely based on [crap]”. (One meaningless post then) #162 - “I’ve gotten a scum vibe from Katty Bard for a while”. One of these was a lie. Changed mind based on Ody post. #193 - Admitts skimming Ody’s post as he goes back on the claim a bit, but keeps vote on (as does Ody). If trenzor is scum then Ody would be a pair. #166 is another claim to be newbie / learning, and after 50 / 75 games... I would expect different. Scummiest read.

Uphill - Curious where he has gone after the offensive start. Posted elsewhere but not here. Coming close to prod. 8 posts and 3 different votes. Each with very very weak claims. I’m starting to rethink my town read on you. Null-scum. And the more I read it the less I like it.
(Then saw new post)
Regarding post #189, the conclusion that BC and al simo are scum but then say you won't lynch them? And then say ok with a lynch on the players posting the least? The players that you didn't even make a comment about? After just saying "el simo reads scum. The way he called my jump on Bionic good, without having mentioned Bionic anywhere else, comes off as phony appeasement."? Scum

Yonzy - One massive analysis, and that’s it. A vote for DH with legitimate reasoning. Not too helpful but definately not on the scum list. Null
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

@BC2 - Yeah my reads can be obscure / terrible at times. I did mean Ody would be on the chopping block not me... Sigh. I add myself for completeness, plus it reminds me to read my own ISO as memory is aweful. Re Uphill: Ah I see. Thanks for that. What do you think about his selection of Ok lynches, who he doesn't comment on? Even after calling el simo scum after not have a case on his Ok call.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:54 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Argh.. Let's see if I can explain these 'contradictions'.

In post 203, Soben wrote:
In post 190, ScreamingHawk wrote:
DemonHybrid - Null.
I hate to say this but I really can’t read anything from what you’ve posted. Most of it is quoting other people and disagreeing with whatever is in the post.
I do agree with your #141 on timeater, though I think he is leaning scum.

FightingShadow - Timeater
left me wtf about this slot. But I like your read on the game so far.
Null-town
, more town if I ignore Timeater

This is so full of contradictions it isn't funny, he states that he agrees with DH and that he prestened something new in #141 about Timeater and thinks Timeater is scum but he can't read anything of DHs because he hasn't posted new content (????), he then stated he has a null-town read on FightingShadow/Timeaters slot.

Unvote, Vote: ScreamingHawk

DH hasn't posted new content: As far as I could see DH only really had content in #141.
I did think timeater was looking scum, but the ragequit left me wtf about his slot. Was probably just trying to stir something up. Since then FS has seemed very town, thus Null-town when takinn timeater into account, and more town when I ignore Timeater. What was the problem here again?

In post 200, Odysseus wrote:For those of you who didn't catch it.

"Treznor is my scummiest read.
If Treznor is Scum, Odysseus is likely scum too
Odysseus is town in my book"

yeah no

I don't see the problem with this.
They are mutually exclusive events.
Ody currently looks town and trenzor looks scum.
IF trenzor FLIPPED scum, then I'd put Ody as a partner. (I should have said flipped in my post)
Until he flips I'm not going to make a complete association joining the two. The would just be stupid.

In post 210, treznor wrote:
In post 190, ScreamingHawk wrote:Just a side note, his sign up date of 2004 is odd with his style of play up to this point. How much exp have you actually had here? Oh lots, #77.

In post 37, treznor wrote:This. After a long-time inactive, I just completed a newbie game that moved nowhere near as quickly as this one is (el_simo can back that up... the pace was.. painful). I'm trying to keep up but having trouble sometimes :)

Now who isn't reading? Regardless of my join date (which I've referenced as being mis-leading) I have played two games on this site. One in 2004 and one that I just completed. Having played a number of games via an email site means you understand the mechanics, but not how statements and actions will be perceived here.

This is how I came to my read here: 'long-time' is a relative term. Could be anything upwards from a month or two. I did not check how many games you had played on this site. You said you had just recently played a game. You also said you had played 50/75 games off-site.

I'm not familiar with email play, but it doesn't seem like I should be able to see newbie reads off you if you've played that many games. If email is that much different to forum then I retract my statement.

In post 226, Katty Bard wrote:
ScreamingHawk-
Between Iso #7 and #9... First, he says trez is null-town, then just suddenly switches to saying trez is his scummiest read; on top of that, the things SH remarks are scummy are things that happened in the early game. So things that would have happened BEFORE iso 7.
Basically, the thought process here looks like this: "merrr, I dunno about this, don't want to incriminate him yet" -> "oh look, odysseus pointed out a mistake he made" -> "SCUM SCUM YOU WERE ALWAYS SCUM"
what.
Iso #10: I still don't understand why Oddy would be on the chopping block if I were scum...
Yeah, this dude is probably mafia.

This is the best case I have seen on me so far. The trenzor read change was after looking at games played. I'd skimmed until ISO#9 (#190). I couldn't see an experienced player making those posts as town.

As for Ody on the chopping block if you flipped scum. I honestly cannot find why I had that in there... He was the most determined against you until about #159 when he realised you were a girl and so stopped. That was probably it.

Also sorry if I missed anything. If you link me back to it I'll answer.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:57 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 228, Odysseus wrote:My scum read on Katty keeps getting weaker and weaker. Lots of little towntells in that post. I'm not gonna explain them unless someone asks to save you from my ramblings although I will say that I don't support a Katty lynch today.

I'll bite. Where are they.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:59 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 229, ScreamingHawk wrote:
This is the best case I have seen on me so far. The trenzor read change was after looking at games played. I'd skimmed until ISO#9 (#190). I couldn't see an experienced player making those posts as town.

Sorry for triple posting but just in regards to this: I skimmed until I did my reads in my ISO #9. I could not see an experienced player making the posts trenzor did, as town, without trying to fake looking newbie.
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by ScreamingHawk »

In post 242, treznor wrote:
In post 240, FightingShadow wrote:
treznor wrote:ScreamingHawk, you didn't address Soben's post here. That's one of the more damning posts against you, and one of the more difficult to explain on your part. I really don't feel like you've addressed Odysseus' post completely either. I feel like you've probably addressed it as well as you can, but it still doesn't explain it other than flip-flopping.

VOTE: ScreamingHawk

Uhhhhh . . . . he did. At the very top of 229. Wasn't the most satisfactory explanation in the world, but he did definitely address it.

It bothers me quite a bit that you went from "hesitant to put SH at L-1" to "LYNCH!" over a misread.

I read #229, I just don't see what SH wrote in response to Soben's post actually addresses Soben's post. Reads to me as scum doing what they can to dance out of their inconsistencies (and doing a poor job doing it).

I'm not going to make up new reasons to justify an old reading. That seems to be what you want. He tried to call out inconsistencies and I merely responded explaining my reads. I'm also not happy about the mis-rep saying I didn't answer the question.

Next post will address redtails #237. Hold up
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:58 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Sorry guys I'm having internet issue. Other games were at the top of my recently posted list, so posted to them. CLAIM JAIL KEEPER.
I'm going to have to do reply later. Each page is taking ages to load and I have exam study to do today as well...
ScreamingHawk
ScreamingHawk
Goon
ScreamingHawk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 am

Post by ScreamingHawk »

Hi all,

Internet still fucked but I'll answer what I can see. No I did not breadcrumb. As JK there is really little that I can do especially day/night one. I was going to decide who to jail later on in the day, probably Soben because everyone seems pretty convinced he is town. JK is really a pretty pointless move until we have a fair idea who could be PR. I didn't want to go blocking town PRs this early on. As far as I'm aware JK doesn't find out if the player jailed used any power when jailed either, so it's not really like I could confirm anyone. And now that my role is out I'm getting killed by mafia tonight if not lynched before hand...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”