Mini 436 - Game over - Mafia wins with no casualties!

=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #776 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:39 am

Post by =Confused= »

Thanks.

About to start my read though. Bear with me...
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #790 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:22 am

Post by =Confused= »

Just letting you guys know I'm about 2/3 of the way though the thread now. I'm hopping to be fully caught up with you all come tomorrow.
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #804 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:44 am

Post by =Confused= »

This game hurts my head. Seriously.

I'm hoping to work my way though the player list and post my thoughts. It's been a bit hard because a few of you are hard to read.

Okay, on day one, Miztef was on every substantial bandwagon that day, hopping around like a frog. (VanDamien, Snichkin, ABR and eventually the hammer on Hurrikaty) This really shows that he was quick to change his mind and too me at least, looks like he was trying to stay in the towns favor, swinging any which way the wind blows. He has already tried to explain this away by mentioning how he often changes his mind, but I don't think that excuses the behavior at all.

Apart from his love for the bandwagons, his actual actions and justifications for his hopping around is what really pulls him down in my eyes.
Miztef wrote:-I don't like snichkin's "I'm trying to prove a point" attitude, but it seems more pro-town to me then scummy
And in his very next post...
Miztef wrote:well, now that we are all getting along, should we vote for snichkin and see what happens? he seems to be the one that is tingling people's scumdars.

Or we could go after a lurker to try to get this game moving?
I believe Sir T also mentioned this and Miztef tried to explain it away by saying the game was in a lull, but I don't really think that was true either. In between his two posts ABR and Ryan have a little exchange and he changes his tune pretty quick (in the space of a day) after Ryan also mentioned he wanted to see more from Snichkin and ABR stated he didn't trust him. Maybe he could see this as another easy bandwagon.

Skip forward a little bit and we have Miztef on ABR bandwagon... even though he thinks he is a pro town player...
Miztef wrote:Your strategy in this game is just insane Rampage.
I want to believe your scum due to the tells, but my gut tells me your pro-town.
This just frustrates me alot, and it helps me little to discern who the scum may be.

I'm going to have to keep my vote on you because I dislike the way your playing, and I don't think it should be tolerated as a pro-town way of playing.
At this point things were looking rightfully bleak for ABR, I don't really blame the people that went after him because his play baffles me. But this quote right here just really stunk to me. To me it really looks like Miztef is just making any excuse he can to justify his stay on the wagon. Voting someone for bad play is one thing. Voting someone for bad play when you believe they're town is quite another. Especially when they are looking close to a lynch.
Miztef wrote:I agree with vollkan here. Ryan, why did you vote ABR when you acknowledged a day 2 lynch as better?

I think ryan is a candidate for lynching today.
That slip up, with the addition of albert's points, are really building up a case. Although, most of this can be accounted for by inexperience. Paradox has made mistakes too, but I can see alot of this is inexperience as well.

Right now, I'm actually leaning towards lynching a lurker.
Snichkin had that early mess-up, darhken just plain hasen't posted much, and Stallingchamp hasn't posted too much either. I'm going to go with
unvote vote: Snichkin
. His early screw up and then dissapearing act bugs me the most of all the lurkers.
Another post that baffles me. Ryan has started to get attention (rightfully so) but once again Miztef latches on to another players theory, like he has been doing all game. The only thing is that this time, he agrees that Ryan is a lynching target because of the things he has done, but then in the next breath wants to lynch a lurker. It's almost as if he wants to be seen as seriously looking at Ryan (like the others are) but he very quick to deflect attention over to someone who can't as readily defend themselves.

Maybe it's just me as a player but people in game making scummy moves are higher on my scumdar than someone who has clearly gone missing from the thread.

Day two comes with more posts by Miztef that strike me as scummy.
Miztef wrote:A little upfront with your opinion there aren't you VD?

just a few posts ago you were voting vollkan, yet now you basically saying you're fairly sure Paradox and DeathSauce are scum? Just seems a bit off to me, however I do agree that paradox and deathsauce are fine suspects.
He believes DS to be a fine suspect? This is his first real mention of DeathSauce in this day and hasn't mentioned previously any strong suspicions of him. This struck me as very odd.

And what do we get a mere few posts later?
Miztef wrote:I believe this game needs more evidence overall. We should start bandwagoning/voting with intent to lynch people we find scummy and get some more information.I've already tried paradox, but he's seems to busy to defend himself at this time anyway. I'll try up to try deathsauce or VD next. If not them, then Ryan or Trust are fine with me as well.

I'll send out a
unvote vote: DeathSauce
first, as some people already agree with me that he is one of the scummier ones. (Vollkan, ryan, VD)

Some of the evidence against DeathSauce can be read in post 514 by ryan. I will try to further build the case.
ryan wrote:DeathSauce: Thinks ABR is town (215) Wants to get new players imput to get some fresh perspective. Finds VD made a quick vote on ABR’s death and is suspicious. 502 again seems distracting and not much into finding scum. Basically just about ABR, being gone and doesn’t have anything to say. Also brings up the setup (again) eventually we are going to have to worry more about scum instead of the setup and numbers that are counterproductive and done (IMO) to look active when you really aren’t.
Seriously... there are so many things wrong here in this post it blows my mind.

Firstly he unvotes Para just because “he seems too busy to defend himself”. Hell if I thought someone was scum I would push and push and push until they put up some defense. Para pretty much ignores Miztef and he's fine with that. How does that makes ANY sense? Well because he has found an easier target of course!

He slaps a vote on DS even though DS had made it abundantly clear that he would be away from the thread. How Miztef can justify taking his vote off one “busy” player just to plop it down on the next, I'll never understand. But that's what he does.

He then goes on to say
“as some people already agree with me that he is one of the scummier ones”
(about DS). This confuses me because as I said about the quote before he hadn't mentioned DS all day. Not once! Not until VD mentions him and he responds directly to that. To this point he has stated not one reason why he finds DS scummy. Not one. And yet he represents here that he had already made his case clear.

He also clings onto the hope that because others find DS scummy (Vollkan, ryan, VD) they won't push him, and he's right. He gets away with jumping on the wagon with zero reasons apart from apparently agreeing with what others have said. His vote is opportunistic at best.

And then to put the cherry on the top he uses
Ryan's
reasons as if that should explain everything! Well it doesn't as Ryan was basically the pot calling the kettle black with regards to the whole not posting content argument with DS.

So yeah, that post has me screaming for Miztef's blood.

The next thing of note I have in my notes is the whole unvoting fiasco. I really really hated that ploy and I really don't understand why it was even tried. As already has been discussed at great length, it really has zero benefits for town or scum. It was a very high risk move and does little to ease my mind about Miztef.

The next few pages are really about different play styles and how different plays saw Miztef's play. It does result in a little spat between Ryan and Miztef who up until now I had pegged as possible scum partners. Now Ryan voting for Miztef and his “trap” is completely understandable, it was a terrible play. Maybe this was the ploy to help them distance each other because although Ryan votes for him, he constantly reminds the town that he felt Miztef was “pro town” up until this point. This effectively gives him a decent “opt out clause” if things got too close for comfort.

Now DS was a good target for them to go after as he never really made a case against either of them and after awhile started to come off quite defensive. If he had gone back and actually shown the town with quotes that Miztef NEVER made any kind of case for his lynch and WAS being a opportunistic scum bag, then things might have been different. But he never did this and ultimately paid the price.

I will
FOS: Miztef
here which I will happily upgrade to a vote when there has been ample discussion today. I no idea that my post would be so long and I haven't even touched on the rest of the players. I'm working on my post on Ryan, but I have to dash away. It will be up soon, but I didn't want to fall back on my word.

More to come!
=Confused=
=Confused=
Townie
=Confused=
Townie
Townie

Post Post #835 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:15 am

Post by =Confused= »

Well damn.

Nice game scum, I had a feeling about Sir T being scum but vollkan surprised me, he felt very pro town though a lot of it.

I kinda wish I was here from the start. Good game guys

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”