Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:16 am

Post by Boing »

Yeah. White, do you even know how claiming works?
[size=75]If it wasn't for bad judgement, I'd have none at all.[/size]
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:12 am

Post by Boing »

Claiming townie as a role and claiming townie as a faction are two different things.

I wouldn't even call what cornelius did a claim.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Boing »

Cornelius wrote:Well, here comes the quick-lynch. It's been nice knowing y'all.

Explanation of my vote: The lynch on the first day is completely and utterly random, based on absolutely no knowledge whatsoever.
No knowledge doesn't mean no post analysis or no educated guesses as to who's scum or not. Actually
knowing
someone's scum is a rare thing indeed.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:58 am

Post by Boing »

Max wrote:
Zeppo wrote:
Max wrote: I still think that d3sisted is scum.
I can't tell if you're being serious here. I mean, your vote on d3sisted was literally the first post of the game (bar the mod's) and you're now voting Boing. If you're not joking can you please present a case against him?
Now I've seen a few posts on him I get scummy vibes I don't know why or how but I just do.
This is the worst possible argument ever. How can you possibly think someone's scum and not know why? The reason this is such a scum move is that it's scum who have to make up reasons to find other players scummy, so when you try to cast suspicion on someone with absolutely no backing evidence it's pretty damning.
FoS: Max

Cornelius wrote:Ok sorry for the delay....
Ok, my "analysis": Right now my main suspicion is White. As the crusade leader against me, he seems fairly eager for a lynch. Also his "you hammer you die" statement seems a little too obvious of a cover-up. Why wouldn't you want people to quick-lynch, as that can provide info on who's mafia?
I wouldn't call it eager for a lynch, I call it eager for information. A lynch without any getting any info from players is pointless, as that way all we know is whether the lynchee is town or not. Post habits can be a scumtell, so the more people talk the more chance we have of finding scum. We don't want anyone to hammer - it's scum that want to end the day early so the town have less information to go on.

Also, pointing the finger at someone putting pressure on you? That's OMGUS, they may well have reasons to put pressure on you.

My vote on Cornelius was random at first, but I'm keeping it where it is now.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by Boing »

Max is really bothering me. He hasn't posted much (but then who am I to talk - sorry about that, it's been a busy week) but when he has done it's suspicion rousing and normally invokes terrible, terrible logic that seems either scummy or newbieish. I want to see more.

Same with Mr Mean. My thought was that either he was scum or a newbie (or a scum newbie), probably the second. Lately however he's been more aggressive, I don't know whether this is a playstyle thing due to increased confidence or because he's scum and thinks he can get away with attacking people more openly, like in this post:

[quote="Mr. Mean]Hmm,
MAYBE YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ONE OF THE PEOPLE YOUR SO SURE OF!
If you are pro- town, then vote for someone that would benifet the town! Instead of doing that, you vote for someone that is voting for you. Didn't you say it was important to vote for scum at this point? But instead of that you decide to linch scum next round for your own needs.[/quote]

Competentpsycho's logic about the bandwagon thing that's been attacked seems reasonable to me so I'm not going to address that. However, I do think it's too early too assume that you know who our 3 scum are, especially in a game where there's a few people being inactive and not posting who could well be lurker scum. Instead there's a good chance you're just infighting with other townies. In addition, you're saying pretty much everyone is giving out scum vibes, which either means you're being inconsistent in saying that 3 of them are the most scummy, or you're actively jumping between suspicions in an attempt to keep them off yourself. Either way, I don't like it.

I can't get a good read on White, but at the moment he seems town to me. I could be terribly wrong, but nothing's leapt out at me for the moment and I'll take a step back if it does.
d3sisted wrote:I'll give em hell before I cooperate.
This is not productive. You're being far too hostile and confrontational, and while sticking to one person as scum is normally a town move, you're blowing the suspicion on CP way too far. Getting aggressive about it tends to cloud your judgement and if you're convinced enough that someone's scum, you'll start seeing signs of that no matter what they post. So cool down a bit. It's not benefitting the town at all and I'm inclined to think it's being done on purpose to try and force a bandwagon based on seemingly scummy behaviour while being scum yourself.

It's hard to decide who to vote for, but I'm gonna go with
vote: d3sisted
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #279 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:25 am

Post by Boing »

d3sisted wrote:Good idea. Let's lynch skitzer today, and we'll deal with Neraren or Mr. Mean tomorrow.
This comes across as overeager to me. You're pressing for a lynch rather than aiming for reasoned discussion over whether skitzer is actually scum or not, based on the opinions of just a couple people.

skitz - what's with the misleading Mr. Mean analysis?
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #325 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Post by Boing »

competentpsycho wrote:
long
coloured
I can see what you're trying to do there, but this could be a way to give an excuse to a not-so-subtle tutoring of a scumbuddy. I doubt you'd be that blatant, though, so I'm letting it slide.

I don't like d3sisted's playstyle one bit and I don't see it as being helpful to the town, but he hasn't done much that has made him actually stand out as mafia so I'm going to
unvote
. We need to catch scum here, not unhelpful townies.

Concerning the skitzer bandwagon: it seemed to start back on post 255 with the baseless vote on Neraren. He's made some scummy-looking moves since then, such as the vote hopping, but he hasn't managed to convince me that he's mafia, and instead seems more like an overeager newbie struggling a bit with trying to find a playstyle.

However, I can definitely see why a skitzer/Neraren/Mr Mean trio makes sense (skitz's fraudulent analysis), which is making me reconsider my stance on skitzer. It's no sure thing, and it may well not be those three, but despite his recent defense of himself I'm going with
Vote: skitzer
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Post by Boing »

competentpsycho wrote:Boing - do you have an opinion on anyone you left out of your analysis in post 234?
The ones I mentioned are the ones that stood out for me, but I'll widen it a bit.

Neraren seems fairly solid to me. The only real criticism on him that holds any weight in my eyes is 'lurking too much', which isn't necessarily a scumtell and could very well be down to RL factors like he says. There's also CP's point here:
competentpsycho wrote:Townies would defend themselves and instead you attack the person who suspects you. Scummy move.
which seems to me to be grasping at straws itself, especially since voting someone that suspects you isn't a scum move if the basis they're suspecting you on is flawed.

Looking back at Mr Mean, something does strike me as odd about his playstyle. He seems to backtrack on his own posts a lot and doesn't really seem too sure of what he's saying. I don't know what to think, but personally I'm going to be keeping an eye on him.

Incidentally, concerning my own lurking: Sorry. It's been a busy week and I've had studying to do, social events, and a relationship that needs maintenance, so this game gets put on the back burner for that. I'll try to be more active.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #375 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:29 am

Post by Boing »

Skitz and Mr Mean as a scum pair make sense to me, but I'm not convinced on Neraren as the third. His connection with the other two is dubious at best, and the attacks against him seem kind of reaching and can be interpreted either way. Mr Mean certainly looks like scum (probably newbie scum - perhaps just newbie, but less likely). I'd be happy with a skitz lynch, followed by Mean if skitz turns out to be scum.

If skitz doesn't turn out to be scum then I need to take a really good look at CP, because if
he's
scum then he's been doing a great job of orchestrating a lot of town suspicion on his top three. If I had to put my money on two scumbuddies in that situation, it'd be Zeppo and d3sisted, but I haven't taken a good look at that one yet. We'll find out tomorrow.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 am

Post by Boing »

You're constantly backpedalling, vote hopping, and were not-so-subtly colluding with skitzer during the day. If you're town, colour me very surprised.

vote: Mr Mean
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Boing »

Mr. Mean wrote:
Boing wrote:
You're constantly backpedalling, vote hopping, and were not-so-subtly colluding with skitzer during the day. If you're town, colour me very surprised.

vote: Mr Mean
:colbert:
If that's your defense then I don't know what to say.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:04 am

Post by Boing »

If Mean
does
claim to be the cop with a guilty result, I'm willing to unvote, take a step back and and consider his suspicions. However, I can definitely see it as being a last-ditch resort by a mafia member, so take it with a grain of salt.
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:04 pm

Post by Boing »

Well, shit. I
am
surprised.

Given that Mr. Mean is townie, and the cop (even though he refused to claim and really could've played better) and was giving off major hints that he really thought d3sisted was scum, I'm going to take that as a guilty result.
Mr. Mean wrote:3) I see your point, but you should realy be going after d3. It may seem strabge for me to say that, but you have to trust me on this one. I belive that d3 is scum.
Any reason not to?
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:47 am

Post by Boing »

d3sisted wrote:Anyway, really fucking disappointed with Neraren's play in this game. Not only did he fail to claim before the lynch of a power role, he also failed to provide
three nights'
investigations worth of info. Go figure.
Not every night is going to be a guilty result. I'm going to go with the proven cop on this one.

Vote: d3sisted
Boing
Boing
Townie
Boing
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Boing »

Your pushy, overeager play during the first two days to lynch townies makes a lot more sense if you look at it from a scum perspective.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”