...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Mini 872: Mafia in Belgrove - That's All Folks

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Faraday »

Mini 872 - Mafia in Belgrove

UCD was a peaceful university, a quiet university, a drunken university. Everything you’d expect to find in a university campus was there.

But then the mafia infiltrated. They took over Belgrove Village. What could be done? It turns out everyone but left, and now only 12 people left, with the mafia part of those 12. Everyone decided the best thing to do was try to lynch someone via the process of voting. It was bound to work, right?

Day will start once I get 11/12 confirms.

Player List: * indicates a prod

Those who are alive:
(Bolded = Confirmed)
Netopalis -
Mafia Godfather
has survived.
Havingfitz -
Mafia Roleblocker
survived

Those who are dead dead dead:

Mr.Jester -
Town Jailkeeper
lynched Day 1
Ectomancer -
Vanilla Townie
Killed night 1
Foilist13(replacing afatchic, who replaced guy0 -
Vanilla Townie
-
Lynched Day 2
Rhinox (replacing JereIC) -
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 2
Walrus helmet -
Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 3
Raskol
(replacing Darkstrike_11)
Town Tracker
- Killed Night 3
Gyro -
Town 1-shot Vigilante
has been lynched Day 4
Crypto -
Vanilla Townie
has been endgamed Day 4
Xvart-
Vanilla Townie
has been endgamed Day 4
Kikuchiyo -
Vanilla townie
has been endgamed Day 4

Important Links: (All day and night posts will be linked to here):

Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3

Current deadline: December 16th @ 7pm GMT
Last edited by Faraday on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 am, edited 68 times in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 am

Post by Faraday »

The Rules (Blatantly stolen from Hoopla (THANKS) with a few changes)- Please read them! 

> Fundamental 

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid. 
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread. 
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM. 
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Lets have fun, okay! 

> Voting, Lynching & Death 

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form 
Vote: Hoopla
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. 
6) Unvotes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated. 
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch. 
8) You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch. 
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post.

> Activity & Deadlines 

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active. 
11) Prods will be issued after three days in a row without posting(weekends count as one day). If I keep having to prod you I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too, I'm human I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you. 
13) 
Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks.

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. 
15) 
Nights will have a 72 hour deadline
. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. 
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.

> Other Information

17) 
RED
 is my color I will use for modly purposes. All other colors are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself.
18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don’t hesitate to ask for one, and I’ll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will punish you. If something is fuzzy for you, please ask! 
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know. 

This game is a
closed set-up
, and the vanilla townie pm (of which there may be more than one variation) and which at least 1 person will get looks a little something like this:
Sample Role Pm wrote: Welcome to Belgrove! You are an ordinary townie with no special abillities. You may however vote during the day and hope you kill all the bad people!

Abillities: None
Win Condition: You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Good luck! The game thread can be found here: here, please
confirm by pm.
Last edited by Faraday on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Post by Faraday »

With 11/12 people Day 1 begins as of now!

With 12 people alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Day 1 ends in 2 weeks on Tuesday 10th October @ 11am GMT.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:47 pm

Post by crypto »

Vote: Ectomancer.

%$#@, I've wanted to do that for such a long time.

*waves to Walrus Helmet*
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by Netopalis »

*stretches*

Vote: Kikuchiyo

Die, scum from my other game! Die!
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

crypto wrote:
Vote: Ectomancer.

%$#@, I've wanted to do that for such a long time.

*waves to Walrus Helmet*
I'm internet famous? :o
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by crypto »

Obviously. Also, you should random-vote.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by kikuchiyo »

Hooray! Hope I last more than a day here.
Neto wrote:Die, scum from my other game! Die!
Poor form. The other game is ongoing.

Vote: guy0

Last to confirm.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Oh, right. Forgot about that. Sorry...

Unvote
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

walrus helmet
walrus helmet
Goon
walrus helmet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Post by walrus helmet »

Oh hey crypto. Symbol from the newbie game, right?

Random vote: guy0

Confirm already! :)
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

Hi everyone!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 am

Post by Ectomancer »

crypto wrote:Obviously. Also, you should random-vote.
But I don't feel that you followed your own advice. :? Please provide me some background on your own vote choice.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:45 am

Post by JereIC »

Vote: Darkstrike_11

Voooooooooooote...
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:13 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

no thanks, random voting is kinda silly
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Darkstrike_11 wrote:no thanks, random voting is kinda silly
As opposed to...what?

malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:32 am

Post by malpascp »

/confirm

Vote:Darkstrike_11

You should think better about random voting...
RANDOM VOTE NOWWWWW
Darkstrike_11
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Darkstrike_11
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:41 am

Post by Darkstrike_11 »

I just don't really think random voting gets us anywhere. It is a substitute for discussion early game and it doesn't do a huge amount to generate discussion.

I a couple of games I have played we started by asking questions of each other instead of random voting. Questions like how many games of mafia have you played, do you prefer scum or town roles etc. I find it gets conversation rolling a lot faster.

Whereas random voting achieves next to nothing.
kikuchiyo
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
kikuchiyo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:47 am

Post by kikuchiyo »

Actually, random voting is meant to be a pro-town action. By random voting each player "randomly" commits to the "lynch" of another player. By doing so we all begin our "voting record" which later becomes one of the most tangible pieces of evidence that exists in the game of mafia. Whether or not the random voting stage is useful depends on many factors, however, scum have been known to give away partners or help confirm townies in the RVS in many games. Sometimes inexperienced or even experienced mafia will try to code messages in the RVS and later, after a confirmed scum flip, this information can prove to be invaluable. It is considered anti-town to not participate as if you later flip scum it leaves us that much less information to investigate. Townies should always submit to investigative processes. Does that make sense? That is at least how I have come to understand it.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Ectomancer »

RVS is a tried and true method of starting the game, and while you can boast its merits, there are other and no less useful methods of beginning a game. Whether it is 'pro-town' to participate or 'anti-town' to refuse depends upon the course that the player has chosen apart from an RVS, which takes us to Darkstrike, whose actions lack the conviction of his words.
If you do not approve of the RVS and instead prefer your described method of asking questions, why did you not propose it and instead allow the game to progress to the utterly predictable RVS?

This is your attempt at avoiding an RVS?
Darkstrike_11 wrote:Hi everyone!

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:38 am

Post by crypto »

Darkstrike's dislike of RVS is well documented. Case closed. I support lynching him for something else, though.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:44 am

Post by JereIC »

crypto wrote:Darkstrike's dislike of RVS is well documented. Case closed. I support lynching him for something else, though.
Checking through his previous games, I only found two in which he expressed an interest in doing the question route - Newbie 833 and Mini 834. Prior to that he did RVS, but got the question idea from Thesp in Newbie 792. I didn't see any posts where he expressed a dislike of RVS. And ecto's point remains - if he's a proponent of asking questions instead of RVS, why didn't he ask some questions?

Also, what do you mean by "I support lynching him for something else, though"?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:38 am

Post by Netopalis »

I've never been a fan of RVS, but I'm also not a fan of theory questions either, since I think both ahve the same vulnerability - they're all null tells.

Gyro
Gyro
Townie
Gyro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Post by Gyro »

vote: kikuchiyo

your reasoning on why you chose to lynch Guy0 was of poor taste. Thus making my reason to vote you the second worst in the game.
I always tell the truth, even when I lie
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Just a side note, as it's a personal pet peeve of mine...Kikuchyo didn't choose to
lynch
guy0, he chose to
vote for
guy0.

U.N. Owen
U.N. Owen
Townie
U.N. Owen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by U.N. Owen »

Well, good evening to my fellow players! My name is unimportant at the moment. I would very much like to kill each and every one of you, slowly and painfully. However, I have not been given the names of the Mafia, so I am forced to work with the Town to eliminate the would-be killers. I will not place a random vote.
kikuchiyo wrote:Actually, random voting is meant to be a pro-town action. By random voting each player "randomly" commits to the "lynch" of another player. By doing so we all begin our "voting record" which later becomes one of the most tangible pieces of evidence that exists in the game of mafia. Whether or not the random voting stage is useful depends on many factors, however, scum have been known to give away partners or help confirm townies in the RVS in many games. Sometimes inexperienced or even experienced mafia will try to code messages in the RVS and later, after a confirmed scum flip, this information can prove to be invaluable. It is considered anti-town to not participate as if you later flip scum it leaves us that much less information to investigate. Townies should always submit to investigative processes. Does that make sense? That is at least how I have come to understand it.
However, I find this one of the best explainations of the Random Voting Stage I have seen in quite some time!

Pleasant dreams,

U.N. Owen
[ooc]"Owen? Did you say Owen?"
"Yes."
"I've never met any one called Owen in my life."[/ooc]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”