Mini 589: SSBB Smalltown Mafia (Game Over!)

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #0) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:38 am

Post by iamausername »

Hooray! I can do something!
Gorrad wrote:
Mod:
If Pikachu is mafia and targets a mafia, does he still die?
Xdaamo wrote:If Pikachu targets town he is protected, if he targets mafia/sk he dies, regardless of Pikachu's own alignment.
Right, I believe first order of business for today is a mass night action claim in a random order, so:

1. Lawrencelot - Link, Bodyguard
2. Anatole Kuragin - Kirby, Role Absorber
3. goborage - Pikachu, Hider
4. andersonw - Snake, Army Veteran
5. Gorrad - Lucas, Jack Of All Trades

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Original Roll String: 1d4
1 4-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Original Roll String: 1d3
1 3-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (2) = 2
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #1) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:42 am

Post by iamausername »

1. Gorrad
2. andersonw
3. Anatole Kuragin
4. goborage
5. Lawrencelot

If I've screwed something up here, please say so, but otherwise, let's get to it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #2) » Fri May 23, 2008 7:18 am

Post by iamausername »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:I might be killed if I claim my role? Is nobody else afraid for my life?
Not really, no. Clearly, if you're town, you're a dangerous role for anti-town players to leave alive. I can't see that them knowing the exact nature of that danger will have a significant effect on whether or not you're targeted for the NK.

On the other hand, if you're anti-town, it's better for us to force you to either tell us what you're actually doing, or fabricate a fake claim before you can collect a lot of information that could help to make it believable.

I'm pretty sure the advantage of having you claim as mafia/SK greatly outweighs the disadvantage of having you claim as town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #3) » Sun May 25, 2008 2:26 am

Post by iamausername »

Gorrad wrote:Sorry, let me rephrase. If someone claims one-shot vig, it's usually a safe bet they die the next day over almost any other claimed roles.
This doesn't really apply to a game where all roles are claimed before the game even starts though. I don't think your AK vote has a lot of substance to it, because I agree that I wouldn't have expected anderson to be NKed.

If neither of our vigs used their kills, it's probably safe to assume ckd was the mafia's kill and Flameaxe the SK's, because the SK's kill is untraceable, so he'd have no reason to off the tracker. Not sure how much it helps us to know this, though.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #4) » Sun May 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by iamausername »

It was your turn to claim anyway, Lawrence, because everyone else who has a night action already had. So we've got everyone's now.
Lawrencelot wrote:
If neither of our vigs used their kills, it's probably safe to assume ckd was the mafia's kill and Flameaxe the SK's, because the SK's kill is untraceable, so he'd have no reason to off the tracker. Not sure how much it helps us to know this, though.
Good catch. I didn't know the SK's kill was untraceable. Still possible that it's the other way around, but let's just assume you're right about this.
Yeah, it's worth giving a thorough readthrough or two to the setup explanations at the beginning of the thread, there's a lot of subtleties you'd miss if you just skimmed. I guess it's possible that the SK missed it himself and didn't realise the tracker was worthless against him, though.
Lawrencelot wrote:I don't agree with Gorrad, but I don't find him scummy for attacking AK either. I don't like AK's behaviour, but sometimes he makes sense. Between Gorrad and AK, I think AK is more likely to be scum, but I don't know yet who I find the scummiest of the others.
I'd agree with this conclusion based on their D1 posts, but Gorrad seemed to be indicating that his vote had nothing to do with those.

Out of interest, AK, why did you decide that Pit's power was most useful for the town?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #5) » Mon May 26, 2008 11:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Anatole Kuragin wrote:Perhaps you should go ahead and remove your OMGUS vote so we can get down to business.
I'm pretty sure it's perfectly possible for us to 'get down to business' regardless of the fact that Gorrad is voting for you.

I'm gonna
vote: andersonw
, because he's contributed absolutely nothing of substance besides a "my scumbuddy is a good lynch, but I'm not going to vote for him" post.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #6) » Wed May 28, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by iamausername »

andersonw wrote:I didn't vote for MafiaSSK because 1. I don't usually like hammering unless if I'm over 95% sure, 2. This quote by The Fonz:
The Fonz wrote:Gimme a day or two.

With my being very likely to die overnight, I want to make sure i've said everything i can think of.
He told dahill that he wanted to wait a little bit before hammering to say everything he wanted to say, so I didn't want to hammer MafiaSSK.
OK.
andersonw wrote:and 3. I had to post something since I was prodded. I didn't really have anything new to discuss, so I just wanted to say that I thought MSSK was an OK lynch with me.
Not OK. Why do you think you didn't you have anything new to discuss? Why haven't you discussed anything besides my vote on you in this post?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #7) » Sat May 31, 2008 5:04 am

Post by iamausername »

Using the fact that you had to post because you were prodded as an excuse for not posting content is just ridiculous. You shouldn't have needed prodding, because you should be posting content already.

But if you need questions; who should we lynch today, anderson? And, more importantly, why?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:24 am

Post by iamausername »

I don't think we should automatically rule out dahill/goborage as suspects just because they have accounted for night actions. If they're mafia, they have a partner who could have performed the kill, and if they're SK, they could have performed the kill as well as their role-based actions.

I mean, it's very useful to have them confirming a player as town every night, certainly, but as the game goes on, it will become more and more dangerous to let them coast through on this basis as if they're confirmed town themselves.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (isolation #9) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:22 am

Post by iamausername »

The Fonz wrote:So Gob's potential partners would be limited to Lawrencelot, Gorrad, and AK. (We'd see the effect of a vigging).
This isn't true at all. If scumGob hid behind The Fonz, as directed, his partner could have performed the kill, so the only people that are ruled out as Gob's partner are The Fonz (because Gob would have died) and dahill (because we know he sent a mushroom to The Fonz), assuming that scumGob wouldn't ignore what the town told him to do in the faint hope that someone else would target The Fonz.
The Fonz wrote:Also note that Gob's actions are likely to kill him at some point.
This is a very good point.

Not that I was saying we should lynch Gob or dahill (neither are that high on my suspicion list right now), just that I'm wary about letting them get by without contributing much during the day because we can see what they're doing at night.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, this game's really ground to a halt. Let's get on with lynching anderson already, come on guys.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:56 am

Post by iamausername »

Gorrad wrote:Sure I do. In my experience, one-shot vigs die really early, and you disagree. Fonz disagrees too, and that's not precisely making me feel good about him either, but you stand out.
Gorrad, everybody disagrees with you, because you're wrong.
dahill1 wrote:ok trying to get some discussion going. username i'm not sure if you already answered this but what do you think of your predecessor's behavior (JamesthePhox) at the end of day 1?
I've sort of avoided discussing my predecessor's actions so far, because they were pretty dumb in places, especially this post. Apart from that, he didn't really contribute much of note. So basically, if I'd replaced someone else, I could make the same case against JTP as I originally made against anderson. But I like to think that my actions D2 have made up for JTP's D1 more than anderson's actions D2 have made up for his D1.

anderson has been improving lately now that he's being pressed, but I think the fact that we had to wait for that to get anything out of him, combined with his going for the easy target still makes him a good lynch candidate.
andersonw wrote:But still, the main reason for me thinking Gorrad is scum because of his night choice, and now he's bringing in more WIFOM about his choice.
I agree with The Fonz on why the first point is not a good reason for finding him scummy, because Gorrad's claimed night action only makes sense if he honestly believes it was a good choice as town, which makes it a null tell. His latest "I definitely would have done this as scum" WIFOM does give me pause, though.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:52 am

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot wrote:I think I'm losing track of this game. Can gob or iamausername tell me what the case on andersonw is?
He lurked through the whole of D1, and made a post towards the end of the day expressing support for the SSK wagon, when it was pretty clear that that lynch was going to go through which looks a lot like distancing to me. He hasn't done any scumhunting without being specifically prompted to do so, and he's going after Gorrad today in a way that feels like he's just picking the easy target.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:41 am

Post by iamausername »

andersonw wrote:@iamausername: could you respond to post 407?
I'm not sure what there is for me to respond to that I haven't already.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:31 am

Post by iamausername »

andersonw wrote:What about these two parts? I know that The Fonz has already responded to the first part and has shown that it is not that strong, but could you respond to them anyways?
OK, for the first point, I'd just be echoing exactly what The Fonz said on the subject.

For the second part, I agree that Gorrad could have done what you say. But I don't see any evidence to suggest that he did, and you can't lynch people based purely on what they
might
have done. All of us (OK, except The Fonz and dahill)
might
be scum who killed someone last night. That doesn't prove anything.

Yes, Gorrad chose a bad protection target. So did Lawrencelot. Why aren't you pushing a wagon on him, too?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 pm

Post by iamausername »

goborage wrote:it would be better to keep the scum guessing who to NK
Yes.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:10 am

Post by iamausername »

Um, yeah. Well, I was going to try saying Gorrad must be SK, roleblocked goborage AND killed him last night, but there's too many kills for that to be possible. Should have submitted no kill, didn't think it through enough.
dahill1 wrote:now all we need is the SK, which clears me and Fonz since both of us have been proved not to be the killer
This is not true, the SK can kill and perform his other night action in the same night. We've iscussed this quite a lot, I'd think you should have realised by now.

Fonz is cleared because gob didn't die.

I know I'm getting lynched today, but you guys might want to hold off for a bit to help you find the other scum.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:12 am

Post by iamausername »

Actually, calling dahill as SK, since he somehow knows what kind of scum I am and he claimed he was cleared when he isn't.

Good job, town.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:21 am

Post by iamausername »

I'm just messing with ya, dude, I'm obviously the SK. There's no way I would have driven an anderson lynch like that if he was my sole surviving partner and I was getting investigated by gob.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:40 am

Post by iamausername »

Well, now I'm confused.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:08 am

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot wrote:I think Gorrad is the last mafia then, he just messed up by saying he blocked iama which isn't possible if iama is the SK.
This is the logical conclusion, but it seems odd that Gorrad would claim something that quite clearly wasn't true, and demonstrate awareness of this fact.

Who did you target last night, Lawrence?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by iamausername »

Actually, you guys shouldn't lynch me today, because if you don't, you'll force the mafia to waste his NK on me tonight or risk handing me the game.

This is a great plan, guys. Really.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by iamausername »

I killed AK last night, and Flameaxe the first. AND I'D DO IT AGAIN IF I COULD!
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

OK, it's pretty simple. Fonz is confirmed town, so no need to worry about him.

dahill posions Gorrad
Gorrad vigs Lawrencelot

If Lawrencelot is flips scum, town rejoice, game is over.
If Lawrencelot is flips town, Gorrad is poisoned and will die anyway, so lynch dahill, just in case. If Gorrad is not poisoned, lynch dahill for not following the plan.
If Lawrencelot doesn't die, lynch Gorrad for not following the plan.

Now everybody
Vote: iamausername
and get on with it.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by iamausername »

IS FLIPS
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #25) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:31 am

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot wrote:Wait, iama isn't dead yet! Gorrad, you forgot about his role (and so did others?)
Damn, you're right. That totally slipped my mind. ;)

I love how Lawrencelot's ultimate conclusion is that, even with my kill being directed, he should be left alive. That's brilliant.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #26) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:37 am

Post by iamausername »

Lawrencelot is pretty clearly the last mafia, btw. Vig him, Gorrad.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:08 am

Post by iamausername »

The Fonz wrote:
Mod: If ice climbers are death stumped, anti-town and alive with one other person (pro-town), do they win?
Yes.
That contradicts their win condition.
Xdaamno wrote:If a Mafioso or Serial Killer and a town-aligned player are the last two players alive, the Mafioso/Serial Killer wins.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:09 am

Post by iamausername »

Wow, I'm pretty shocked that I actually pulled a win out of that. I figured someone would try to kill me last night after all the the twilight talk.

D2, I was surprised how easily anderson was lynched, and then rather worried when he turned up mafia, since it stopped me trying the 'I'm less of a threat than the mafia' route after goborage turned up dead. After my other plan of claiming that Gorrad must be SK and blocked and killed gob apparently fell through due to too many deaths, I realised my best strategy would be to get myself lynched as quick as possible and hope no one realised that I hadn't actually lost yet. I was so pleased when Gorrad hammered me, but then everyone got in a bunch of words in twilight, and I figured the jig was up.

I certainly got incredibly lucky with this one - if the actions last night had gone any other way, I think it would have been a town victory. But me and Lawrencelot killed different townies (me The Fonz, him dahill) AND Gorrad vigged Lawrencelot. At least, I think that's what must have happened. Any other way, you'd have either had two townies, one confirmed scum alive, or both confirmed scum, one townie alive.

Would definitely like to see a list of night actions, because I'm still confused about exactly what went on N2.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:10 am

Post by iamausername »

The Fonz wrote:No, that's not possible. AK can't have shot PEG.
Xdaamno wrote: [row color=black]
Kirby
role absorber
[row]You’re
Kirby
! You made your debut in
Kirby’s Dream Land
, and in this game, you’re a
Role Absorber
. At night, you can choose to absorb the role of another player, and then you’ll be able to use it yourself the following night! Once you’ve used this role, it has taken effect, or one night has passed, you can’t use it again. Also, you can only have one role absorbed at a time, and you can’t use a power and absorb a role on the same night.
AK cannot use a power and absorb on the same night. He absorbed the doc power night one, so he would have had the choice of using the doc power night two, or absorbing (but not using) another power. His role specifically states that absorbed powers can be used the FOLLOWING night.
You're assuming AK told the truth about what power he absorbed N1.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:12 am

Post by iamausername »

Yeah, but that would have happened without Gorrad's block. Unless he'd blocked AK instead, I suppose. Actually, given that he was all for vigging AK before you persuaded him that Night 2 was roleblock night, I'm surprised he didn't. Why did you decide to block me, Gorrad?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”