Mini 622 - Mind Screw Mafia - Das ist alles!

Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #0) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by Jex »

Not gonna lie...I completely forgot this game was starting :oops:

I'm really glad that we figured out the voting order for today. I believe that it will have to change each day at least enough to take out those that die. I also wonder exactly what the FOS:es do. I don't usually use FOS on people so I wonder if I should start.

I honestly don't find anyone scummy at this point in the game. I don't think enough has happened to warrant much.

However, Korts keeps pushing Battousai to claim his rule but I thought he already did.
Battousai wrote:Since my role told me I could that the mod is a player, I want to see what happens when I

Vote:Tar
So now I don't understand what the push is for him to claim since he already has. Just my two cents.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by Jex »

I don't find the fact that nocmen asked for a name claim suspicious. He actually brought up a point that I was wondering as well. I don't fully agree that we should all say what our names are because who knows what that might give away. However, I am curious to know how many people have names that line up with one of the quotes that have been posted. I know that mine does, and we know that nocmen does. Does anyone else?
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:21 pm

Post by Jex »

I'm gonna be honest. My role is really weird and it's not clear whether I have a night action or not, so I have to ask:

Macavenger: did anything happen to you last night that you know of?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Jex »

Nocmen wrote:
Jex wrote:I'm gonna be honest. My role is really weird and it's not clear whether I have a night action or not, so I have to ask:

Macavenger: did anything happen to you last night that you know of?
Did you target Macavenger, or the guy above him?
I targeted Macavenger. So I guess did anything happen to Nocmen?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Jex »

Yosarian2 wrote:Why do we have Jex and Nocmen claiming power roles here?
I'm not claiming a power role at all. I simply asked if anything happened because I have no idea what my role does. At this point I have no idea if the action was caused by me or someone else and I don't want anyone to say if they targeted him because i don't want to out anyone. My role is the most confusing thing I've ever read in a game of mafia and I'm trying to start making sense of it if I can.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Jex »

Sorry for the lurking. I keep forgetting about mafia and forgetting to check.

I don't like mafiassk's softclaim of "you wouldn't want to kill me if you knew who I was". I think that defense is ultra lame and highly unneeded this early in the game.

As for who I think is suspicious, I really don't know at this point. Over the weekend I want to reread through the game and see what I find now that we've sorted through some of the game logistics and such.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Jex »

I'm way confused about Yos's role now. What do you mean you just leave after today?
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Jex »

vote Yosarian2 (grimmy)

I don't follow your logic about yos needed to help iam claim. I also don't understand why you are so quick to jump on iam's side after he vaguely called for a lynch without putting anything behind it. I don't think yos should be pushed to say anything else until Iam has talked. Anything yos could say may just give out safeclaims.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Jex »

I don't think that IAM is a lyncher type role, but don't know what he is at this point or why he has the information he does. I haven't yet decided what to think of him, but I don't think lynching him today will do any good since we don't know yet if yos is telling the truth or not.

If yos is still around tomorrow then we know he is lying and can deal with that, but again, no use lynching him today until we know.

I reread through grimmy, and while nothing in particular stands out as scum, something about him just rubs me the wrong way. I can't quite put my finger on what it is. I don't like that he won't let the issue of yos and iam wait a day. When the conversation changed to another topic, he jumped back onto iam immediately almost like he was afraid that people would stop looking at iam if we talked about something new.

I realize that the yos and iam situation is interesting, but like I've said, I don't think we will draw many conclusions from it today and therefore don't understand why grimmy wants to keep so much attention on it.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Jex »

PS - I'm moving over the next week so will have limited connectivity.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Jex »

To answer cavebears question from awhile ago: I don't find iam scummy at the moment, at least not nearly as scummy as other people.

As for my lack of posting, I said before that I have very limited connection as I'm in the middle of moving from one house to another. Should be better next week.

I still find grimmy to be suspicious. I don't agree with his argument on iam. He seems to think that something absolutely horrendous will happen if Iam doesn't get lynched right now, and I don't understand the logic behind that. Even if iam is a lyncher, after today I don't believe that anything dramatic will happen if his target dissapears. Plus, grimmy used a vigilante as a possible bad scenario if Iam became one, yet a vig is a protown role so I don't see why it would be that horrible. Its a weird choice to use in your worst case scenario spiel.

Rem is also high on my list of shady individuals. His arguments aren't very sound, and again I don't understand the need to be going after Iam at the moment. He also seems to have wild ideas of cults appearing and us being at lylo if we don't lynch iam right now. I agree with those that spoke of rem setting up lynches for tomorrow.

At this point I could vote for either grimmy or rem. They are almost equal on my scumdar because they both seem to be using the same tactics and arguments
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Jex »

Since we only have a few days until deadline, and I'm the only one voting grimmy, I'm going to
unvote, vote iam (remus)
since he is high on my list as well.

We need a consensus soon on what we're doing because there is only 3 days, and we don't seem to be the most active bunch as of late.

Also
FOS grimmy
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Jex »

haha...didn't notice that iam voted grimmy so i was no longer the only one voting him. guess i should pay more attention when reading.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Jex »

Vote count thusfar:

Rem (4)- Battousai, Cavebear, Jex, grimmy
Grimmy (2)- Iam, rem, yos
Iam (1)- nocmen

Also
FOS Rem
in case it comes down to those being used
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Jex »

vote yos (grimmy)

I'm pretty sure rem is telling the truth about his role being a replaceable townie since the day continued after he was lynched. I don't see that as being a scum role, although who knows. So now I'm going with grimmy since he was on the top of my list as well.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Jex »

After reading through this page again a little more thoroughly, I decided I need to say more.

Rem originally described his role as being unkillable once. He assumed that only meant nightkills and not lynches. However, after being lynched, he is still with us which makes me assume that his role worked the same with lynches as it did with night kills. I believe that was his one shot and surviving, and that if we lynch him again he will die.

However, I do not think that a scum player would be given the ability to live through a lynch. I especially think that if this was a scum role, it would be made more clear that he could survive a lynch instead of just a night kill. Scum tend to be more worried about surviving a lynch than being night killed by another faction, especially when there doesn't seem to be a 2nd killing faction in this game (based on the only having 1 kill a night so far).

Therefore, I no longer believe Rem to be scum based on the above facts. Thus my vote rests on grimmy who is now on the top of my list.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Jex »

I definitely lost my interest in this game early. I didn't know my alignment, I didn't know if sending in a night action did anything, really I didn't know anything about anything. Not knowing my alignment I think made me not care much about who won. I didn't know if I should be hunting scum or helping them, or something completely different. Glad the town won though.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”