nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by nhat »

I was told that I'd get a PM when the game started, but I guess that didn't happen.

Just putting my bags down and I'm up for elimination already? I guess the obvious vote would be....

vote - Cerebus 3

Also, my favorite reality show is THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER, so I'm thinking that cage fighting until KO or submission would be in my favor, but I don't think the mechanics of the game allow for that.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Post by nhat »

BTW, please don't vote me off. I'm dope at puzzles!
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:05 am

Post by nhat »

pages 17, 18, 47 and 48.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:26 am

Post by nhat »

or......OR if you mean SHEET 17, then there is no sheet 17 because you only need 16 sheets for a 64 page newspaper.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:01 am

Post by nhat »

As far as puzzles overall, if you've ever seen a reality show like Survivor or that Donald Trump show, you know that when it comes to INDIVIDUAL challenges (which is what the mod implied these challenges would be) you want the STUPIDER player alive - he's easier to beat and thusly win a reward over.
OMG, you are
fierce!

IGMEOY
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by nhat »

skitzer wrote:
Vote:cerebus3

My strategy for this game on day 1 is to go against whatever farside22 is doing, because I am fairly confident this is NOT farside22 town play. Therefore, by going against her, I am more likely to get her scum buddies unless she is using a complex and strategic form of WIFOM.

That's all.
This is kind of strange. I'd suggest going over the setup of the game before doing something like this. It is a theme game, otherwise I wouldn't be saying things like "fierce" in all seriousness.

Odds are that both of us are town, and I'd rather play the odds now until something substantial comes up, so....

unvote

I'd say let day one play out for a bit, and if nothing productive comes out of it, or no puzzle or competition, then I'd be in favor of a no-lynch.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by nhat »

Okay I'm done really that was so bad.
Dammit, just as things were getting hot :( And I was gonna be the douchebag guy that would try to get in on that action.

Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role? If so, what was your read?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by nhat »

I guess the only thing that I have to comment on is that I think is that is why Cerebus3 had a problem with farside's role flavor, I guess. To me, I didn't see anything that hinted at some kind of role. Then I ask him about it and then he says that too much speculation is not good for the game and then comments about how the game is going nowhere. What's going on with that?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #8) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by nhat »

The whole point being is that your suspicions against farside is merely speculation, yet you say you are against speculating. For some reason you are using a contradictory excuse to evade follow up. Which is it going to be?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by nhat »

Cerebus, I for one hate these point-by-point breakdowns, so I detest you for making me do this.
in post 82 farside wrote: Usually in any game my first vote is a joke vote. I think Skitzer is talking about the first post were I made fun of everyone's name. I'm a pretty serious player as far as mafia goes, but I was just playing up my character role. I thought some people would considering this was a reality game. Guess I was wrong.

in post 92 Cerebus wrote: Don't you think it is kinda early to go about claiming you role name farside?
So at this point, you are concerned that farside is claiming role.
to follow up, farside wrote: I just thought everyone would have a character type. I didn't think it as indicative of actual alignment. At least I would hope it wouldn't be.
I had some questions about this so I wrote:
Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role?
If so, what was your read?

to which you wrote: I thought she was saying the name of her role. And revealing any role information carelessly can only help the scum. (power role tells, fake claims).

It doesn't say much about her alignment though. Neither scum or town would have reason to do that, so I think she was just having fun.

I am not going to say more because needless speculation is bad for the same reason as revealing role information if there isn't a good reason to do so.
So, the question is can you tell me where exactly she claims her role? Because if not, then sorry to say homey, you are speculating. And for you to say that needless speculation is bad, then that's contradiction in my book.

As for me, I feel that speculation can be a good place to start, especially so early in the day. If you see something, then say it, don't cop out with this needless speculation garbage. If you don't wish to elaborate on your speculations, then just don't say anything. Or better yet, please keep on doing as you are doing. Rather you look like the jackass than me.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 am

Post by nhat »

Okay, so first things first:

FoS - BM

On your second post, you drop the hammer for the no lynch, adding absolutely nothing to the discussion at all. It's not like everything was at a standstill, I was waiting on Cerebus3 to respond to my post.

Second, about the prize from the puzzle, I was awarded a chance to check on a person to see who they targeted and I'm seriously debating about how to divulge the information. So I'm going to just say the situation and not name names yet.

The person I checked had a target, yet that target is still alive today. Meaning, the person I checked is not vanilla. We are looking at a power town or power scum. I don't want to be too quick to out a potential power townie, seeing that we had just lost our cop. I just want to get some feedback before I proceed with naming names.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:08 am

Post by nhat »

^^^^I was guessing it might be a mafia roleblocker taking their chance on a random townie. They've nothing to lose in trying, right?

But yeah, I'm going to wait on those names for the moment.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by nhat »

Cerebus3, I guess it boils down to confusion between character role and character flavor. How is revealing character flavor bad for town?

And as for the outburst, well....that's just how I do :
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by nhat »

farside wrote: Actually I don't know.
I see what you mean about the VC for the 2 players. However I think a NL is going to be usless at this point. It will give us no answers so I will read through both player and questions I have,
but after talking with Scarlett and her comments yesterday
I think BM is the play for the day.
Can you clarify this? What do you mean by talking with Scarlett and her comments yesterday. Were they one in the same, or was there some kind of night discussion?

And for BM, since you have all but outed yourself (sigh) then you might as well let us know what you dug up. I seriously doubt you are another cop, so it's either doc or scum roleblocker. Or some other strange-assed role that fits the flavor of the game. Since you were quick to dismiss the roleblocker idea. I guess it's up to you what you want to share.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 am

Post by nhat »

I might as well come out and say this...

BM, I did not track you last night. That being the case, we've got you, another person, and Talmadge Monroe down for power roles.

Regardless if you were not the hammer, that was the implication with your last vote. Why rush to night so quickly? Talmadge had reason....so....how about you?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:24 am

Post by nhat »

Same reason as Talmadge perhaps?
I sincerely doubt that.

vote - Battle Mage
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:31 am

Post by nhat »

As for what I will say now, I can see why Talmadge wanted to get to night, to get himself an investigation. I highly doubt that there are two cops in this game. What other kind of townie power role could benefit from going to night so hastily? If there's a tracker, then that's not so urgent in my opinion. A doc trying to usher in a night is unreasonable. Perhaps BM just had a hard-on to see what would happen when it went to night, who knows? That's the million dollar question.

We all can agree that he could have provided his opinions on matters instead of dropping or reinforcing the hammer. It was too hasty, and perhaps he was trying to get one of his scumbuddies out of the noose? If that's the case, then both myself and/or Cerebus3 will feel the repercussions.

Also, why would he feel the need to pm the mod about whether or not he was the actual hammer? Is that even relevant? Might as well ask officially:

Mod, for the record, who was the actual hammer?

All in all, I can't see how in any way BM's action was pro-town.

Now, in all fairness, if BM decides to share his info and it fits in to what I already have, then it will be a great feather in the cap for town. But I have to go with the odds that he's not cop.

I'd seriously like a claim, I'm not even going to try a little to hide that fact.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:36 am

Post by nhat »

sadly it appears our good buddy Nhat is lurking. Surprised
Posting less than an hour after you is hardly close to lurking. Points for trying though, champ.

Also, happy birthdays all around!
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:18 am

Post by nhat »

I support that you share what info you have before someone gets hammer happy. There are seriously many players whose names can be potentially cleared if you are just straight with us. I've got info, and if you have quality info for town, then I would share mine too. I don't want to share mine just yet because I don't want to out any more power townies. Since you are outed, just claim.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:35 am

Post by nhat »

So...if you don't have quality info for the town, then don't claim. And don't call me not bright when you OUTED YOURSELF YOU F*CKING DOLT. YOU put the heat on yourself, so F*CKING CLAIM so you can take the heat off yourself.

-Nhat, the Drama Queen.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by nhat »

BM, I'm going to role with you on this one.

Unvote

Also, you should shut up about me because you don't know what I know.

*Gets slobbenly drunk*

I hate snapping at people.....*sniffle*....I love you man!

*Gains composure after weeping for a while*

As from what I've see thus far, I'm fairly certain that the person I had investigated is doc just from what I've seen in day 2.

Now, if BM gets NKed, then I will know for certain that said person is NOT doc, and I will out them as scum.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by nhat »

Oh, also

vote - no lynch
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #22) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by nhat »

Khelvaster wrote:To come out with the answer, I am the doctor. Of course, assuming I'm bluffing, the real doc should protect me at night. However, I don't expect any counterclaims. If there are, you can assume the counterclaimer is scum.
We'll see about that shit.

As for the real doc, please DO NOT CLAIM!
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:19 pm

Post by nhat »

I figured it out in less than 30 seconds.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by nhat »

Tombolo, get an avatar before I break your leg.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by nhat »

This is horseshit!

HORSESHIT!!!!!!

Why the HELL am I back on the chopping block?

Whatever, I'm going to just tell all.

I am a mason with Scarlett O. On night one, I tracked skitzer and he targeted Scarlett O for something.

Here's the PMs, unabridged:

Night 1

I wrote:

To: Scarlett O
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:56 pm
Subject: Best Friends 4Ever!
Hey!!

This is my first time that I get to talk at night in any game, so....yeah.

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think I solved the puzzle and have submitted the answer already.

Anyways, I really can't think of any strategies as of yet for us, but if you have some ideas, I'm all ears.

I was curious about if and when we need to out. If you are up for elimination and you have to claim, then of course i will be there to back you up.

So.....let me know if there's anything pressing that you need to talk to me about. That's what friends are for!

After I got the puzzle prize:

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:06 pm
Subject: Update
So, I did solve the puzzle (the answer: Peru) and I can track someone tonight to see who they target. Any ideas? I was thinking either skitzer or farside22.

Ah well, hope to hear from you soon Mr. Green

To which she wrote:

To: nhat
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:33 am
Subject: Re: Update Quote message
Hey! yeah, sorry, crazy weekend, i just noticed that our game had gone to night. Yay you didn't get lynched!

Hmm, I still think skitzer is a bit suspicious myself. Have you played with either of them before? And as for when we should come out, I was curious about that too. Can you be on the chopping block twice? If not, I guess the next safe time would be when I'm about to get voted off.

Also, do you think it's a bad thing that I sorta hinted at my role? I'm still pretty much a n00b at this, and when cerebus mentioned that about farside i realized that I might have said too much...But at the same time I wanna have fun with this..

Then I wrote:

Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 am
Subject: Re: Update
Hey, from what I saw, I didn't really see you reveal anything. That dude cerebus is all up in arms because people are playing up their flavors, but you really didn't say anything. That's fine.

On the other hand, I went ahead and investigated skitzer, sorry to break it to you, but you were targeted for something. I wanted to get the investigation out of the way quickly in case I was night killed and I could pass the info to you. It might be nothing, you might be targeted by the doc, but it does look like that at least one of us will make it through the night to give the info to the town.

So that's what I have right now.

To which she replied:

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:56 am
Hmmm, yeah that either makes him doc, cop, or scum. Hopefully it's cop, so that if he does investigate me, that'll clear you if and when we come out, one of us will be known as innocent to the cop. If he's scum...well, it was nice being a mason with you Smile

Best friends forever!!

So that was from night 1.

As for Night Two:

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:34 am
Hey, so what did you think about BM? I don't know about you, but he sent off really scummy vibes to me when he did his whole "pick two players that aren't me and Khel" exercise.

I replied:

Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:06 am
Hey, I'm gonna have to go back and check on it, but I'm not sure what's up with him and how many power roles are actually in this game. If he's a power role, and Tal Monroe was a cop, and now Khev is the doc, plus US as masons then what's up with skitzer? The way he said he thought you were town was perhaps his way of saying that he protected you. At least that's how I saw it. Plus Khev's claim looked scummy like no other....unless he's a jester or something. Bottom line, I don't think homeboy is a doc.

I sort of have the feeling that I'm going to be NKed so I don't reveal any info. Good thing you know what I know, and if need be, you should share the info about skitzer and see if he comes clean. Oh well, I'll have a reread and let you know later.

Mr. Green

She replied:

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:10 am
Yeah, i think khelv might be a jester, or else just really new, cause his posting was just really weird and non-believable. Could there be two cops in this game? Because if skitzer was just a doc, he couldn't be assured i was innocent, yet he was really sticking up for me at one point, along with farside.

I replied:

That could be a possibility that skitzer may be a cop. In all honesty, I think he was trying to make a statement that he thought you were town and used his ability to protect you. Then there's that possibility that he thinks you are town, yet he tried to roleblock you. I'm seriously undecided. We'll see how it goes once we get back to day.

So that's that.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by nhat »

EBWOP: The time for my last PM to Scarlett O

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 am
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:40 pm

Post by nhat »

Battle Mage wrote:Ok, before we get reckless with voting, can we carry out proper procedures?

Can everyone who hasn't posted yet today claim either 'Mason' or 'Not Mason'?

(Not Mason)

BM
Enquiring minds want to know the deal with your prize from winning the puzzle.

Also, how is a mason claim going to help things? Unless their's another mason group, I'm pretty sure Scarlett and I are all you are going to get.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:11 am

Post by nhat »

BM, methinks your prize was to choose who would be on the chopping block today. Me, because you are sensitive and would put me on here out of spite, since I pretty much raped the info out of you yesterday, and you don't take too kindly to your card being pulled. And Orangepenguin because you straight out said he's scum. Of course you'd be too shifty to just be straight up.

Nhat - Fully expecting BM to respond with how wrong I am wrapped in a smart assed remark.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:14 am

Post by nhat »

Ah shit, that is against the rules to put up all those PMs. I could have swore that I'd seen someone do that in another game, but it says so specifically in the rules that I can't put them up.

That sucks....very sorry for dropping the ball on that one.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:30 am

Post by nhat »

a bit of WIFOM if I may, but what would be the point of putting my mason partner up for lynch?
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:59 am

Post by nhat »

Battle Mage wrote:
nhat wrote:a bit of WIFOM if I may, but what would be the point of putting my mason partner up for lynch?
that's not WIFOM lol. If you weren't a mason, quite clearly you wouldn't HAVE a mason partner! :lol:
Equally, there is an obvious incentive for a scum-mason to put his partner up given the opportunity, in order to confirm themselves to the town.

BM
Fair enough :mrgreen:

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”