cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:46 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Just posting here to get this added to my watched list.
farside22 wrote: cerebus3 - A three headed dog right. Are you the pet mascot!!
Ce
reb
us is an aardvark.
For confusing me with Ce
rber
us you have invoked the wrath of CEREBUS, EARTH PIG BORN!!! :D
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:49 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Ooo a pig. Can I call you Spider Pig or dress you up as Harry Plotter?
Only because you are a girl.
Is this a no to pet mascot? :lol:
What's in it for me? Do I get the adoration of all of the town and get to go to bowl games?

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:15 am

Post by cerebus3 »

vote: nhat

My reasoning should be obvious.
Well cerebus since you are around why should you not be evicted from the house?
Because I am the town's pet mascot?:D
I have nothing to defend myself with yet, the day has just started and my counterpart hasn't posted yet.

Gosh, scum-hunting is going to be awkward in this game. we can't really wagon, and the focus looks like it is going to be primarily upon the 2 candidates. I hope things wont just degenerate into a debate between myself and Nhat. Nobody should use this as an excuse not to try to contribute.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:22 am

Post by cerebus3 »

I liked nhat's 17 sheet answer. It was not what I was looking for, but it was clever. :D I'll think of something to pose to Cerebus sometime today or tomorrow, but for now, nhat is my choice to move on.
I would just like to point out two things.

1) being good at puzzles is not an indication of townieness.

2) The town gets a lot more minds on their side trying to solve any puzzles that come down the line than the scum do, so losing one good puzzler shouldn't be too big a loss. (Not to mention anyone can be a good puzzler with the help of their trusty search engine, Google.)

So puzzle solving ability shouldn't have any bearing on who you think we should lynch, if you ask me. (player A is better at puzzles, so player B is more likely to be scum. See what I mean?)

That said, I love puzzles. Let me at that puzzle TM! :D

On a related note, I am curious as to what everyone's stance towards a no-lynch in this setup is. In a normal mafia game, I would always prefer any lynch to a no-lynch, and I believed the town could always find someone scummy to lynch, but in this setup, scum are not always guaranteed to be available to lynch, and it is possible that we will have two fairly pro-town players to choose from. What would you guys do in such a situation? I think I would still err on the side of a lynch, but I am willing to go with the town on this one.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:49 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Is no lynch an option in this game?
babygirl wrote:*instead of the usual one person lynch, each day two people will be selected at random. You must choose between those two to lynch.
If you are unable to choose, the day will result in a no lynch.
No lynches are acceptable I believe.

that is correct- no lynch is an option if you are unable to choose a lynch candidate, but you may never vote for someone that is not up for elimination.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

@orange: I think you misunderstood me. I meant two players that had acted in a townish manner, and were unlikely to be considered scum.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:The problem is we don't know if the good puzzler is scum or town. I understand what you mean by odds for town at this moment. What does a no lynch give us though?
I guess the idea is that if you don't think either of us will be scum, then lynching one of us will only make it easier on the scum. Nhat hasn't posted enough yet for me to get a feeling for his alignment so I am not going to go with a no-lynch just yet. If Nhat impresses me then I will advocate a no-lynch myself because there is then little incentive to lynch him on the information I have right now.

I want to hear what Nhat has to say on the subject as I dont think he has commented on it yet. Has he?

Both skitzer and Gimbo have yet to post in this game, and ashmite only has a joke post on page 1. I want to hear more from these players.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:27 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Cerebus is confused :?

What was that exchange right there?

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

To everyone: Do we keep those who can prove themselves puzzle-savvy around? We could post a couple of test questions for them. (I still want to play mafia predominantly and not get bogged down in this.)
lynching people based on whether they are a good puzzle solver does not move us closer to finding scum, so I don't think it should make a significant impact on who we lynch at all.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Now here is another thought I had on this game. What about this. I have a feeling that whatever a person "wins" will be some special ability. The person who won (after they use the ability) tells the town what it was and why they used it. That might solve some of the issues of if we can trust some of the people who solve puzzles better and give the town info as well. Thoughts?
I'm down with that.
Mod: Could you prod Gimbo? He has not posted since the game started.
the mod is away.

My biggest interest of the unvotables is skitzer. The fact that he went out a declared farside as scum based off of a joke post leaves me scratching my head. Seriously, farside are you normally like the biggest party pooper in the world or something?

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:30 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Don't you think it is kinda early to go about claiming you role name farside?

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 am

Post by cerebus3 »

skitzer needs to post.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role? If so, what was your read?
I thought she was saying the name of her role. And revealing any role information carelessly can only help the scum. (power role tells, fake claims).

It doesn't say much about her alignment though. Neither scum or town would have reason to do that, so I think she was just having fun.

I am not going to say more because needless speculation is bad for the same reason as revealing role information if there isn't a good reason to do so.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #13) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Well... this is going nowhere fast...

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #14) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

nhat wrote: I guess the only thing that I have to comment on is that I think is that is why Cerebus3 had a problem with farside's role flavor, I guess. To me, I didn't see anything that hinted at some kind of role. Then I ask him about it and then he says that too much speculation is not good for the game and then comments about how the game is going nowhere. What's going on with that?
umm... There were no posts for two days...
farside22 wrote:Quick question did you receive a character type?
I shall remain perfectly ambiguous to this question.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #15) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

nhat wrote:The whole point being is that your suspicions against farside is merely speculation, yet you say you are against speculating. For some reason you are using a contradictory excuse to evade follow up. Which is it going to be?
What the hell are you talking about Nhat? I answered your question completely.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:45 am

Post by cerebus3 »

nhat wrote:Cerebus, I for one hate these point-by-point breakdowns, so I detest you for making me do this.
in post 82 farside wrote: Usually in any game my first vote is a joke vote. I think Skitzer is talking about the first post were I made fun of everyone's name. I'm a pretty serious player as far as mafia goes, but I was just playing up my character role. I thought some people would considering this was a reality game. Guess I was wrong.

in post 92 Cerebus wrote: Don't you think it is kinda early to go about claiming you role name farside?
So at this point, you are concerned that farside is claiming role.
to follow up, farside wrote: I just thought everyone would have a character type. I didn't think it as indicative of actual alignment. At least I would hope it wouldn't be.
I had some questions about this so I wrote:
Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role?
If so, what was your read?

to which you wrote: I thought she was saying the name of her role. And revealing any role information carelessly can only help the scum. (power role tells, fake claims).

It doesn't say much about her alignment though. Neither scum or town would have reason to do that, so I think she was just having fun.

I am not going to say more because needless speculation is bad for the same reason as revealing role information if there isn't a good reason to do so.
So, the question is can you tell me where exactly she claims her role? Because if not, then sorry to say homey, you are speculating. And for you to say that needless speculation is bad, then that's contradiction in my book.

As for me, I feel that speculation can be a good place to start, especially so early in the day. If you see something, then say it, don't cop out with this needless speculation garbage. If you don't wish to elaborate on your speculations, then just don't say anything. Or better yet, please keep on doing as you are doing. Rather you look like the jackass than me.

Dude, before you explode at players, maybe you should actually read the posts. To be specific you should actually read farside's posts before you accuse me of making things up.
farside22 wrote:Basically I really did think people would joking play up the character role they received like I did. I wasn't sure why skitzer thought it was weird.

skitzer wrote:
Um okay whatever.

Your no fun. I thought everyone like a comedian.
I got the impression he didn't believe me.
Also this is just me stating what my character role is.
So... ya... shut up nhat. I don't like being called a jackass by someone who isn't paying attention.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:38 am

Post by cerebus3 »

wait... kelv you just agreed with BOTH nhat and BM about the hammer...

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:Damn I was close with the detective thought.

unvote:
vote: No Lynch

By the way I suspect IcemanE, skitzer and cerebus at this point.
IcemanE is following terriblely and it bugs me to no end when people do that. cerebus questioned the character role comment and really how he reads that as a claim is beyond me. I figured everyone should have a character type so saying character role shouldn't have really been a tell of my actual alignment or role. Skitzer is being weird. From the conversation when he calls me out to lurking badly in a game that I would say he should be having more fun with. If any of these people end up on the block I would vote for them.
Yes, but the assumtion that EVERYONE has flavor role is very telling. It means you know that vanilla townies get flavor, and what THAT means is annoying to me. It completely ruined a potential trap for scum, as they couldn't know that for certain, and makes it pretty obvious what your role is.

The sad thing is what you did was very anti-town in my mind, yet it indicates that you are not scum. Calling me frustrated would be an understatement.

The even sadder thing is that I probably shouldn't have said anything at all. It is very possible that this all just went right over the heads of the scum.

The scum probably know who half of the power roles are at this point. THAT IS WHY I WAS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO SHUT UP ABOUT THE SETUP!

I think my stance toward a doc claiming should be pretty obvious.

I am kind of leery that BM is so eager to out a protective role, especially as I don't trust him right now.

If he is scum this outs a dangerous role for him, while setting up a mislynch at the same time by killing the doc himself and then claiming that someone else targeted him. OR he could leave the doc alive and claiming that the scum don't want to be outed as a way to quasi-confirm himself and nullifying the doc because he knows the doc is going to protect himself.

LOTS of potential upside for scum BM, not so much potential upside for the town, because the mafia knows who the doc is protecting and if they DO kill the doc, there is still an 80% chance we cant do anything about it.

I would be willing to go along with a BM lynch at this point.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:I assumed everyone got a character type because this is reality mafia. If you watch reality tv then the assumption is not faulty.
Does this mean you doubt BM's claim?
Meh, it wasn't that suspicious when he claimed, but when he asked for a doc claim almost right after, it certainly gave me pause.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #20) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:16 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
farside22 wrote:Damn I was close with the detective thought.

unvote:
vote: No Lynch

By the way I suspect IcemanE, skitzer and cerebus at this point.
IcemanE is following terriblely and it bugs me to no end when people do that. cerebus questioned the character role comment and really how he reads that as a claim is beyond me. I figured everyone should have a character type so saying character role shouldn't have really been a tell of my actual alignment or role. Skitzer is being weird. From the conversation when he calls me out to lurking badly in a game that I would say he should be having more fun with. If any of these people end up on the block I would vote for them.
Yes, but the assumtion that EVERYONE has flavor role is very telling. It means you know that vanilla townies get flavor, and what THAT means is annoying to me. It completely ruined a potential trap for scum, as they couldn't know that for certain, and makes it pretty obvious what your role is.

The sad thing is what you did was very anti-town in my mind, yet it indicates that you are not scum. Calling me frustrated would be an understatement.

The even sadder thing is that I probably shouldn't have said anything at all. It is very possible that this all just went right over the heads of the scum.

The scum probably know who half of the power roles are at this point. THAT IS WHY I WAS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO SHUT UP ABOUT THE SETUP!

I think my stance toward a doc claiming should be pretty obvious.

I am kind of leery that BM is so eager to out a protective role, especially as I don't trust him right now.

If he is scum this outs a dangerous role for him, while setting up a mislynch at the same time by killing the doc himself and then claiming that someone else targeted him. OR he could leave the doc alive and claiming that the scum don't want to be outed as a way to quasi-confirm himself and nullifying the doc because he knows the doc is going to protect himself.

LOTS of potential upside for scum BM, not so much potential upside for the town, because the mafia knows who the doc is protecting and if they DO kill the doc, there is still an 80% chance we cant do anything about it.

I would be willing to go along with a BM lynch at this point.
You're saying there's an 80% chance we have a Mafia RB or an SK? How do you know this?

FoS: Cerebus

BM
No, there is an 80% chance of any specific person being available to be lynched tomorrow, but thanks for trying.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #21) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:21 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
farside22 wrote:I assumed everyone got a character type because this is reality mafia. If you watch reality tv then the assumption is not faulty.
Meh, it wasn't that suspicious when he claimed, but when he asked for a doc claim almost right after, it certainly gave me pause.
Looking objectively for a moment, do you think it is likely that Mafia are going to openly request a Doc-claim?

Ignore the WIFOM aspect of this question. Just give a straight answer.

BM
If you thought you could get away with it.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:21 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
Looking objectively for a moment, do you think it is likely that Mafia are going to openly request a Doc-claim?

Ignore the WIFOM aspect of this question. Just give a straight answer.

BM
If you thought you could get away with it.
And is it likely i would 'think i could get away with it' when i'm still on the block?

BM
Well, if you are scum you seem to be getting away with it now. Most people are stilling willing to no lynch anyway, and frankly I am not surprised, This town is approaching the setup in a very timid way.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:14 am

Post by cerebus3 »

vote: no lynch
meh, we aren't going to get anything else out of this day.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:48 am

Post by cerebus3 »

prodded.

vote: continue

I really have not given this game the attention I should. I will read up and post.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Im here, im here.

My schedule filled up on me out of nowhere, so I wasn't able to do the reread I was planning, so I will just shoot from the hip on this one.

The farside wagon filled up a little faster than I am comfortable with. A cursory glance at the votes that were made, IcemanE's and orange penguin's stick out. IcemanE voted farside for no reason in a possible Lylo situation, and orange penguin's vote strikes me as a weak excuse to jump on the wagon most likely to go to lynch.

I like those two as scum.

vote:no lynch

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Rock I guess... I want to see how this plays out.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:45 am

Post by cerebus3 »

I am the slacker.

I will try to post sometime later today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”