Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Tombolo »

I personally always like No Lynch. *points to sig* It's even better here, where we don't even know if we have a scum we can lynch. No Lynch has my support until something comes up in discussion.

Even if only one person can solve the puzzle, the majority of us are all working towards the same goal, so I'd rather keep the better puzzler alive, all other things being equal. That's not so good for me, I must admit. >_> I'm decent at sudoku, those logic puzzles with the charts, and some word puzzles, but I'm horrid at the kinds of things I'd expect to pop up here. :\
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:Here is my thoughts on better solvers then others. If you are town and you don't know someones alignment or what someone will win as there prize then why keep them in the game at all. This is still mafia and we are still looking for scum. Since I don't know either player as scum or town and I know only my own alignment. I will keep the pet mascot.

vote: nhat
Yeah, but odds at this point favor X random guy being town, and unless this is secretly every man for himself, odds therefore imply that X random guy is going to be on your side if you're town. Since the prize is most likely beneficial, and this is most likely still a team game, it makes the most sense to me to keep the good puzzlers alive unless we have reason to think they're scum, unless you don't trust anybody else to handle the prize or something. The more puzzle ability we have in the game, the greater the odds town gets the puzzle right. Yeah, scum has better odds too, but town has a bigger pool of talent, so it benefits more. I have no idea if that makes sense the way I put it, but it makes perfect sense to me. >_> The only reasons I can think of for wanting to kill a good puzzler for being a good puzzler are being part of a minority faction (ie scum) or heaps of confidence in one's self.

Also, anybody wanna help the n00b and tell me what nhat meant by IGMEOY? <_<
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Tombolo »

Well, if we don't have any particular reason to lynch somebody, and we don't even know that we can lynch scum, it might be better not to risk a mislynch until we get more info and a better grasp on how the mechanics work for puzzles and such.

Plus, I'm one of those annoying people who likes to NL day 1 anyway, as I hate having to vote somebody without anything to go on. There aren't as many ways to find scum d1, and fewer to defend when attacked. Then again, days here last a while, so that at least gives enough time for conversation to develop in interesting fashions...
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:26 pm

Post by Tombolo »

I still say we give precedence to those who are able to puzzle, even though that means I'm digging my own grave. >_>
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Am I the only one who gets more scum vibes from farside than skitzer? It's mostly gut, but farside's the one who came off scummier to me in that exchange, although maybe it's just because I disagree with her (him?) about what to do with puzzlers. While I don't claim to be the greatest mind maf's ever seen, generally if somebody presents logic that makes THAT little sense to my little brain, I start to think they're either scum or more of an idiot than I am. Farside doesn't strike me as the idiot type...that said, skitzer seems to be overreacting a bit, and announcing that strategy seems to make it easily countered if Farside's scum. >_> I'd rather lynch farside tho.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:40 am

Post by Tombolo »

Eh, I was actually fine with those first few posts of yours, but it was your reaction when pressed that rubbed me the wrong way. >_>
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Tombolo »

Scarlett O wrote:*inappropriately makes a pass at Tombolo* He doesn't have an avatar, so I felt he needed some love :)

As for farside's idea concerning special abilities, that would be really cool for those who are just townies and don't really have any powers, but what about the cops, docs, and mafia? That could potentially make for a very unbalanced game. Not that I'm saying that it couldn't happen, I'm not that good with game balancing theory, but couldn't it potentially cause problems if that were the case?
<3

I'm also curious about how this game works in general. I'm assuming town has to be able to kill somehow outside of the lynching mechanism- if it's fully random, we could go all game without even a chance of lynching scum, but I would assume one can't guarantee that there will always be scum available, either, as that becomes obvious when the same few people keep showing up every time. >_>

@farside: I don't have the post numbers (I'll get them in a second) but the ones where you were going back and forth with skitzer and were saying you were just joking. Like I said, the only thing really concrete I have is our disagreement over good puzzlers, but when I see "hey I was just joking meanie :(" as a defense, it tends to come from scum more frequently than town, and when it does come from town, it's from the type of town that just screws around all game and does nothing to help. Maybe that's just the people I play with tho. Actual jokes I have no problem with, as long as you get serious at some point, which you have. <_<
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Tombolo »

58, 60, and to a lesser extent 62, farside.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #9) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Not liking how BM is acting. I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is...antagonistic, maybe. He made some good points, but the tone with which he made them is scummy to me. Also don't like how he's fishing for doc at all...I must admit, his doc/watcher plan makes a lot of sense in a normal game, but since we don't really know what to expect from the setup, like if we have a doc, or even that we could get scum up on the lynching block once we watch them kill the doc, I don't like it. It also would be really easy as scum in trouble to make that claim, find and kill the doc, frame somebody else with a "scan," and take them down. You get doc and a free mislynch for throwing yourself under the bus. Heck, this is the part where I would throw down a vote for BM if I wasn't worried he was telling the truth.

As for claiming flavor...eh, not sure why everybody's spazzing out about it. Now, I'm not a huge fan of volunteering info like that, but as soon as I got my PM I figured it was a safe assumption that everybody has a flavor role. This seems like the kind of theme where knowing flavor roles might not actually be that helpful, so randomly blurting out your flavor role wouldn't be as bad as it would be in some themes. (HAY GUYZ I'M PRINCESS PEACH)

Getting fewer scumvibes from farside these days. Still got my eye on her.

....wait, Scarlett wasn't legitimately flirting with me? ;_; *is heartbroken*
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Tombolo »

lol, I got prodded while I was posting that.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Tombolo »

EBWOP: ...dang, it's been over a week? I need to get better at this. >_> I've been reading, I promise, but I'm used to "swift" games where D1 gets a few hundred posts within its 48 hour deadline, so the pacing on this site kinda throws me. I did that in my newbie game as well. <_< Sorry, folks.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Tombolo »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
farside22 wrote:I assumed everyone got a character type because this is reality mafia. If you watch reality tv then the assumption is not faulty.
Does this mean you doubt BM's claim?
Meh, it wasn't that suspicious when he claimed, but when he asked for a doc claim almost right after, it certainly gave me pause.
Looking objectively for a moment, do you think it is likely that Mafia are going to openly request a Doc-claim?

Ignore the WIFOM aspect of this question. Just give a straight answer.

BM
Yes. Yes I do.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Tombolo »

Scarlett O wrote:What does QFT mean?
Quoted For Truth or Quite ****ing True, depending on whom you ask. I've also seen people who say it's Quit ****ing Talking, tho, so it's somewhat ambiguous. >_>

@Khel: Wait, are you saying we should have an attitude of wanting you lynched? Er...okay. I'll be glad to help out then.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Battle Mage wrote:
Tombolo wrote:
Quoted For Truth or Quite ****ing True, depending on whom you ask. I've also seen people who say it's Quit ****ing Talking, tho, so it's somewhat ambiguous. >_>

@Khel: Wait, are you saying we should have an attitude of wanting you lynched? Er...okay. I'll be glad to help out then.
what about me? Lets face it buddy, who DON'T you want lynched? :P

BM
I...uh....what? I didn't even mention anything about you, nor have I been particularly hard on anybody except Khel and you and farside. Even then I haven't pushed all that hard, and I've backed off on farside.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Tombolo »

Battle Mage wrote:
Tombolo wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Tombolo wrote:

what about me? Lets face it buddy, who DON'T you want lynched? :P

BM
I...uh....what? I didn't even mention anything about you, nor have I been particularly hard on anybody except Khel and you and farside. Even then I haven't pushed all that hard, and I've backed off on farside.
You've been discernibly aggressive.

BM
Examples? I don't get called aggressive very often. >_> I went after farside, and explained why when pressed. I went after khel for the crappy claim everybody else is going after him for. Doesn't seem particularly aggressive to me.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by Tombolo »

So, I just replaced into another game where BattleMage was in, and in the process of catching up I'm learning more about his playstyle. I'm slightly less rabidly suspicious of him now. Now I just have to read the other 120 pages in that game. >_<
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Tombolo »

nhat wrote:Tombolo, get an avatar before I break your leg.
Image?

Okay, fine. I'll see what I can do. >_>
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Tombolo »

Top 2 scum? BattleMage and Kh-aw, dangit. Uh, farside, I guess, for reasons previously stated, and I guess ash, who hasn't posted much and whom I essentially picked at random. >_> Your own fault for excluding yourself! Top two town...I actually like Iceman. Mostly gut tho. Also....probably scarlett or cerebus. Gut on scarlett, but cerebus seems to be making sense most of the time.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Tombolo »

nhat and penguin.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #20) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Tombolo »

I COUNTERCLAIM MAS-nah, just kidding. Non-mason here, and it seems a fairly safe assumption that nhat's telling the truth. Are you allowed to c/p mason stuff like that here?
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:Well it looks like I'm on the chopping block with Tomb. Too bad OP got off with nhat breaking the rules because I think Star claim is scummy.
So Tomb what you got?
Ah poop. :\ I don't have any info for you, if that's what you're asking.

We should probably get around to lynching somebody today, and since it's either me or the person I've suspected since day 1 who HASN'T claimed power, (unless I missed something) I'm going to go ahead and...
Vote: farside22
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #22) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Tombolo »

orangepenguin wrote:
Tombolo wrote:Am I the only one who gets more scum vibes from farside than skitzer? It's mostly gut, but farside's the one who came off scummier to me in that exchange, although maybe it's just because I disagree with her (him?) about what to do with puzzlers. While I don't claim to be the greatest mind maf's ever seen, generally if somebody presents logic that makes THAT little sense to my little brain, I start to think they're either scum or more of an idiot than I am. Farside doesn't strike me as the idiot type...that said, skitzer seems to be overreacting a bit, and announcing that strategy seems to make it easily countered if Farside's scum. >_> I'd rather lynch farside tho.
@Tombolo regarding you and farside's discussion on Page 4 (there is more quotes and discussion): Do you still get scum vibes from farside?
Yes. Not quite as strong as D1, but still enough to vote her, especially when it's her or me and we're most likely unable to make another mistake. I wouldn't be voting her if I wasn't getting scumvibes. <_<

@farside: I didn't claim anything because you didn't make it clear you wanted a claim. If I have super helpful info like scans, or people push for a claim, or I'm about to be lynched, I'll be happy to tell you who and what I am, but otherwise I prefer not to volunteer information to the scum. Were you expecting a claim?
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:
icemanE wrote:
What do you make of the comedian claim? Do you find Tomb or farside more scummy?
Probably farside, as I haven't seen much of anything suspicious out of Tomb.

vote: farside

A lynch every day, as promised.
You see a person not posting anything and you think them not scum. I say look at K7 for people who do this and turned out scum. I at least have tried to play this game. My suspcion on you should be considered if you are ever on the block.
I've been around. Maybe not as much as you have, but I've been posting, thanks. And he didn't say he didn't see anything, he said he didn't see anything suspicious. Bit of a difference.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Tombolo »

You keep going after me for lurking when I've been posting, and you keep going after me for not giving a claim when you never asked for it. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:
Tombolo wrote:You keep going after me for lurking when I've been posting, and you keep going after me for not giving a claim when you never asked for it. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish.
In the beginning you attacked me about the puzzle thing, which was fair. However I still say just because someone does or doesn't know puzzles doesn't mean squat in finding scum.
True. I could explain my reasoning, but I'd just be repeating myself. On that one, we're coming at it from two different angles, and both have valid points, imo. My argument also wouldn't be as applicable now, anyway, down 4 pro-town, since the odds are no longer heavily in favor of player X being pro-town.
After that you haven't had much to say on anyone and then sort of just dissappeared.
Wasn't I around? I kinda get confused, but I'm pretty sure I was around to some extent. I didn't like BM or Khel, and pointed that out, and I even got in a little back and forth with BM. I also know I've mentioned liking Iceman at least once or twice when he was getting heat.
Now as much as I don't care for the mechanics of this game we can't keep no lynching at this point.
The way I look at it, we COULD nl today probably. With 12, we can probably assume 3-4 scum, which makes it 5v3 or 4v4. 4v4 we're already dead, barring some sort of weird multi-scum crosskill scenario, so we should probably assume 5v3, in which case we COULD NL and make it 4v3 tomorrow. Either way, we have one shot left to find scum, as a mislynch ends it. (I forget, does it count as LyLo if you still can no lynch?) I would much rather lynch you than NL, but the option IS open if we decide on it. And, obviously, I'd rather NL than lynch me, since we lose if we mislynch.
I know I'm town.
I know I'm town. I don't know you're town.
I've made efforts in this game to figure out who is scum and who could be town.
Good for you? I have too. So has everybody, assuming we're all still playing.
I also think after certain roles have been revealed (nerd/ doctor) that character roles might actually mean something. The fact that you don't want to share yours tells me something.
I've been assuming the flavor has meaning all game- that's why I'd prefer NOT to volunteer info without a good reason. I'd rather not give scum info on what I might be. Just as I wouldn't charge in day 1 saying "HAY GUYZ I'M DA COP," I wouldn't randomly volunteer "HAY GUYZ I'M A COMEDIAN."
You think hinting about it helps, it doesn't.
I, uh, don't think hinting about it helps, nor have I been trying to hint about it. Heck, you were the one hinting at your flavor back on d1, and you proceeded to claim it, so if anything, you're digging your own grave there.
So if you want to say that unless others are willing to push you will keep quiet because you think it will help mafia is not accurate.
I think I've already explained my reasoning here. Since flavor does mean something, flavor shouldn't be claimed for no reason. I'd rather scum not know what I am when they're picking a night kill. If I'm in significant danger of getting lynched anyway, I'll obviously claim, and if people seem to think I should claim, I will. (so far you're the only person who's pushed for my claim, and you did so vaguely enough that I didn't even initially realize that's what you wanted from me >_>) But since I think you're scum, it's going to take a bit more than that to fish out my role.
Explain BM to me if you think this is true.
What about BM do you want explained? Bear in mind that I don't really trust him, and understand him even less, so I doubt I can explain much of anything he's done. <_<
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:31 am

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:If you think saying what your flavor character is will get you killed by mafia then what about BM and him still being around.
He claimed scanner. He could be scum, or scum could've realized he was the obvious save choice.
I see you don't trust him, but if you claim and he doesn't watch then there should be a good reason.
I'd welcome being watched tonight if I claim.
I claimed early to see what BM would say my role character meant to see if the game was breakable.
Okay, fair enough.
He was wrong about me so I don't think a character role always means what we think.
Maybe not, but it narrows it down a bit. For instance, "everybody's friend" doesn't necessarily mean cop, but I'd assume it would be some sort of important pro-town role, and scanner kinda makes sense for it, as well. On the other hand, it probably won't be a vig or a miller, because that makes zero sense.

Also, this may be a good time to point out that I play a lot of theme games on another site, and flavor is usually tied a lot closer to role than it has been here. I just modded a game where everybody and his dog knew who the princess was because he hinted he shouldn't be lynched and then claimed his character d1 out of nowhere. The only reason he wasn't NK'd that night was that scum wasn't sure the princess would take effect unless he was lynched. He actually managed to survive to endgame because of that. >_>
Just curious. Do you think OP's star claim was scummy?
Not scummy as much as not something I would do, although I guess the latter's obvious since I'm in roughly the same situation and not doing what he did. <_<
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Tombolo »

Wouldn't 3v3 be endgame, not lylo? And you're still ignoring the possibility of NL'ing and going to 4v3 if we're both town.

And IIRC we don't know how the lynch candidates are picked except for that one time BM picked for his reward, nor do we know what town has left, (or whether we've missed chances to lynch scum) so I'm not sure we can complain about balance just yet.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Tombolo »

Really? This must be different from the people I play with, because at 3v3, nobody gets lynched unless the scum votes them, so scum forces a no lynch, and it goes to night. Calling that a draw doesn't make sense to me.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Tombolo »

And since everybody's posting here instead of PM'ing, I'll also go ahead and
vote: continue
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Tombolo »

If we're both town, NL is the only way we can survive, unless town can draw at 3v3, which still doesn't make a lick of sense to me, BTW. So if you're town and you think I'm town, you pretty much have to NL. Otherwise, obviously, you should probably continue voting me, but NL is the only option if we're both town.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #31) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Tombolo »

Fair enough, I guess, I'm just saying that NL is the only option if we're both town, and what people want probably shouldn't play much of a factor in what appears to be a rather black and white decision. If one (or both) of us is scum, we have to lynch them, and if neither of us is scum, we have to no lynch. The game is decided by this lynch, as far as I can tell, so now is probably not a good time to bandwagon for the sake of bandwagoning.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Tombolo »

This is unfortunate. :\
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Feather, I guess. Rocks are nice and sturdy, but feathers are purtiful and can waft to and fro on the breeze and whatnot. Rocks are kinda stuck in one place. I'm curious what relevance this has. >_>
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Tombolo »

...as I say that, I wonder if OP has some sort of weird role where he has to get us to say stuff. >_> I've only seen it used in particularly goofy AIM games, but I've seen roles that win if everybody says cheese, or will gain special powers if everybody says moo or something. <_< I have a feeling that's not what's going on here, but worth pointing out? Maybe? Eh, probably not. Ah well. :\
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #35) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Tombolo »

I'm quite confuzzled by this plan. >_>

Blindly following along ftw! >:D
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #36) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Huh, cool. The only thing with feather/rock is that it doesn't necessarily clear anybody unless the maf all picked the same answer and we ask about the other one. Can't offhand think of a better plan, though.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Wish I didn't have to, but it's the best idea. I'm the
badass.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #38) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by Tombolo »

farside22 wrote:
Tombolo wrote:Wish I didn't have to, but it's the best idea. I'm the
badass.
This tells me next to nothing. What did you think it would tell people?
Role fishing imo, but I would think it fairly obvious I have some sort of vaguely cool role. "Badass" isn't the first stereotype that really comes to mind for a nilla, y'know. Or I could just be WIFOM'ing you since I think you're scum. :D
##NL imo

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”