Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Roden »

Man I used to really be into SCP stuff years ago, rereading some of the pages for submission ideas was kind of a trip. I think the horror aspect generally aged well, but the fanbase is...something...

VOTE: Strange
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 am

Post by Roden »

In post 20, StrangeMatter wrote:Oh hey Roden.
Sup.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Roden »

I think claiming Ascetic now will help make sure we don't have misunderstandings later.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by Roden »

Every Day start, we definitely should claim if we used up any resources during the night. Only scum will have a reason to lie about any D-Class personnel they may have used up, and I'm fairly certain everyone has at least one ability they can use.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 51, SCP 999 wrote:and i heard from a friend we need t o claim asetic if we are one! I realized i shouldnt have claimed the part that blocks everyone :c im sorry friends i am a little slime intoxicated and wasn't thinking straight :c
In post 54, Roden wrote:I think claiming Ascetic now will help make sure we don't have misunderstandings later.
999 actually mentioned Ascetic first.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Roden »

Wtf, Dwlee's in this game?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:46 pm

Post by Roden »

Oh, yep they're in the player list now. Two people were missing for awhile and I guess Dwlee was one of them, probably just an error.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Roden »

Oof
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Roden »

Wtf happened yesterday? I woke up to the thread being locked and a Cop claim getting flash wagon'd for no apparent reason. I kept rereading what happened but all anyone kept saying was "yeah this is probably scum" over and over again.

I believe the Vig claim since I'm sure scum were salivating over Deadbeat's hammer and would never NK a policy elim. Though this means scum either no-killed or got blocked; it's possible they tried to shoot 999 to try to call their bluff. Either that or we have a protective role making god tier plays with zero information.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:26 am

Post by Roden »

In post 125, Roden wrote:Wtf happened yesterday? I woke up to the thread being locked and a Cop claim getting flash wagon'd for no apparent reason. I kept rereading what happened but all anyone kept saying was "yeah this is probably scum" over and over again.

I believe the Vig claim since I'm sure scum were salivating over Deadbeat's hammer and would never NK a policy elim. Though this means scum either no-killed or got blocked; it's possible they tried to shoot 999 to try to call their bluff. Either that or we have a protective role making god tier plays with zero information.
*locked on page 5

I cannot fully reiterate how "what the fuck" that is to me. We waited so long for this game to start and it's kinda fucked up that we threw town out so early on literally nothing.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Roden »

In post 126, Zyla wrote:Hm. Cephrir seemed to not have a good reason for putting SM at E-1
But I'm also not sure about Dwlee not believing a Cop claim on D1

For now Cephrir doesn't look very loyal to the foundation, so
VOTE: Cephrir
100% agree, that E-1 was shit.

VOTE: Cephrir
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Roden »

In post 129, Cephrir wrote:we really gonna come out here and pretend sm's reactions didn't look scummy now huh. reading people is easy when you've seen their flip
My vote was on Strange but it was also RVS. I don't think their reactions came off as particularly scummy, literally all they said was "that was a quick RVS" and then got shot for it.
In post 132, Cephrir wrote:i decided to vote them at the top of the page, scrolled down to see 3 more votes or whatever, and didn't see why that should stop me. i don't think running people up to e-1 early is bad. you're only mad about it because some genius quickhammered
In post 134, Cephrir wrote:i was not planning to end d1 within the first 24 hours. you're taking out your frustration on me because the person who is at fault isn't here
This is fair. I'm mad because it was dumb, though obviously you didn't do it on your own, five other people went in on it.

UNVOTE:

I have to go to work and I don't want to load up the site on my break and see I was on another flash wagon a few hours from now.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:13 am

Post by Roden »

In post 124, Cephrir wrote:you did the right thing imo

VOTE: infinity zero
In post 137, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Vote: Infinity Zero
Am I missing something? This is all they really said wrt Strange:
In post 96, Infinity Zero wrote:you were also in that PYP game for like a day
also I'd like to cast my vote here because ngl this feels a little bit like when marcistar got caught in tarot upick
VOTE: strangematter

-Gamma
In post 105, Infinity Zero wrote:cop claim also kinda feels like newbscum

-infinity
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:19 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 142, Cephrir wrote:i don't agree that that was literally all they said. not sure there is much point in relitigating it now though.
Other than getting mad and claiming Cop, I don't Strange actually said anything else.
In post 144, Cephrir wrote:i think you're missing that those posts are scummy

i also don't love the way they focused mostly on mechanics and talking about other games in their other posts
This feels like a reach, there just wasn't enough content or posts at the time to say they looked scummy, RVS had barely even ended at the time.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 156, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 145, Dunnstral wrote:Ampharos, are you a protective role?
Nevermind, I don't want an answer to this anymore
In post 168, Ampharos wrote:lmao what the fuck happened while i was gone

anyways, mech stuff:
- my role does not use d-class or guards
- i visited dunnstral last night and was told that he is town; this result is unrelated to my role

will post actual game related takes later
These posts are just, bizarre. You're both essentially clearing each other, but your interactions make it seem like you're awkwardly talking around each other instead of confirming anything.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 181, Infinity Zero wrote:This would be less infuriating if there were more content to engage with but literally the only thing I’ve really seen from people recently is that they think we’re scum for no fucking reason at all.

-Gamma

PEdit: I would if I could but it’s not easy when everyone is playing with 0% of their brain active.
Kinda getting LN 235 vibes from this.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:37 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 214, Ampharos wrote:
In post 213, Roden wrote:
In post 156, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 145, Dunnstral wrote:Ampharos, are you a protective role?
Nevermind, I don't want an answer to this anymore
In post 168, Ampharos wrote:lmao what the fuck happened while i was gone

anyways, mech stuff:
- my role does not use d-class or guards
- i visited dunnstral last night and was told that he is town; this result is unrelated to my role

will post actual game related takes later
These posts are just, bizarre. You're both essentially clearing each other, but your interactions make it seem like you're awkwardly talking around each other instead of confirming anything.
if i were in the business of talking about what my role beyond what i said in the quoted post, i'd have done so
I'm not expecting you to full claim Doc or anything. But outting Dunn as what sounds like a reflexive FN unprovoked after he asked if you were a Doc reads as either a fear reaction or plain anti-town. Dunn wasn't in any danger of being voted out so I'm not sure why you're telling us that he's confirmed town.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:40 pm

Post by Roden »

I'll make it clear I'm not scum reading you for outting it, it would just stay a scum chat thing I'd think. But I don't get the reason why.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (isolation #18) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Roden »

I'm here, sorry for not posting yesterday, I'm running on thirty minutes of sleep and I'm currently taking a trip for a vacation. Though I don't think I'll need to V/LA for any games.

Infinity Zero has a lot of tonal dissonance going on but I agree with 999 that they're probably town. I said this earlier but Gamma in particular feels like how he did in LN 235 where he got tunneled all game and kept getting angry over it. It's very AtE but it's in a genuine way, and full disclosure but a major reason I town read his AtE is that I feel it on a personal level. I recently had several games where Day 1 was miserable, and one in particular where town death tunneled me page 1 on literally nothing unless you count ~vibes~ and then acted shocked and angry when they lost after proceeding to do that two more times.

999 comes across as really abrasive and aggressive but that isn't scum indicative, and their frustration feels genuine, similarly to Gamma's. Knowing that they're Koba makes me have to adjust my read since I've misread them in the past for their playstyle, I was a lot more wary of them before the alt slip.

I'm purposely choosing not to really interact with Dwlee because I've TvT tunneled them multiple times in the past. I know they hate ~meta~ but I've gotten a feel for their playstyle after our last few clashes, and I managed to successfully read them in our last game so I'm just going to wait until they town tell.

Cakes I just wanna know what exactly you didn't like about my post. Because I'm constantly getting scum read as town for calling out bad town plays and getting frustrated with town in general. If you say "vibes" I'm just ignoring you, give an actual reason.

Ceph I don't really town read you yet, but your defense makes sense. Tbh a part of my frustration with you is based off of what I mentioned wrt to Gamma, in that I've had several shitty Day 1's in a row and your flippant attitude about Strange's mis-elim wasn't helping. But I'm struggling to see scum!you acting this way after Radio Buzz where your scum game was so much more pronounced.

I don't think I have anything new to say about anyone else. Zyla is on my radar but she's just not posting enough for me to have a read on her. I'll post more later tonight after I get some rest. If anyone has anything to ask me or if I missed something, go ahead and @ me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #500 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:38 am

Post by Roden »

In post 492, SCP 999 wrote:ok fk it im impatient lol

Subject: Newbie 2076: Mafia Hideout
Roden wrote:Weird. But yeah I can do that. Bus me if you need to, T3 will probably suspect me since he's seen me steamroll the last two scum games and knows he can't let me fly under the radar.

im still gonna keep reading stuff but - this SUPER stood out as this is confirmation that roden does default to lurky under the radar play as scum.

I'm going to leave the reaction to Roden to see if they deny it before I even bother verifying this - but essentially I think I caught scum lackin and trying to just watch town eat eachother for the most part(this HARDSPEWS infinity town too -> remember that.)
Oof. This is a fair point about my scum meta but I'm not actually lurking, you can see in my post history I've posted very little at all on this site the past couple days. Tbh as long as you don't metabad I'm more than fine with having someone dig into my meta.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #501 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Roden »

Ngl 999 you're already doing better than literally everyone in Scarlet Witch who tried to meta me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 525, SirCakez wrote:
In post 484, SCP 999 wrote:Ok this is a random question for everyone : but who feels that Roden has flown really hard under the radar?
I'll +1 this
In post 498, Roden wrote:Cakes I just wanna know what exactly you didn't like about my post. Because I'm constantly getting scum read as town for calling out bad town plays and getting frustrated with town in general. If you say "vibes" I'm just ignoring you, give an actual reason.
what post are you referring to here?

is not really great in general. A lot of words that don't really say much - barely any real stances taken.
In post 295, SirCakez wrote:VOTE: roden
don't like
This one.

Also not sure how you think 498 didn't say much and barely has any real stances, I gave stances and reads on more than half the players still in the game lol. I also already gave my takes earlier on Lady and Dunn (they're most likely town), and I've said all I can wrt Ampharos.

The only one I haven't had a single thing to say about yet is Galron actually, and if you were actually suspicious of me I think that might be something worth bringing up! Instead, I think you're not really paying attention and your push on me is transparently weak.

FTR I haven't said anything about Galron yet because he sits in the same read pool as Dwlee. His tone is generally easy to read as scummy and is ultimately NAI. Dwlee has slightly more obvious tells while Galron just needs time to simmer.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #22) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 529, SCP 999 wrote:mmmm

my brain also doesn't completely hate an infinity/zyla/roden solve
This is a lazy solve. If you have too many town reads and you're town, the scum team has at least one deep wolf. The scum team is almost never a "bottom three least townie" combination, especially when scum just got away with the easiest Day 1 mis-elim possible.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 540, Roden wrote:

This is a lazy solve. If you have too many town reads and you're town, the scum team has at least one deep wolf. The scum team is almost never a "bottom three least townie" combination, especially when scum just got away with the easiest Day 1 mis-elim possible.
By this I mean that no scum team wastes the opportunity presented by an easy info-less Day 1 by playing as a collective dead fish Day 2.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:01 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 541, SCP 999 wrote:
In post 540, Roden wrote:

I already moved past this thought :lol: please keep reading
I was too late but my point still stands.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 551, SirCakez wrote:
In post 539, Roden wrote:This one.
oh I didn't like the "wtf happened" and confusion and comments on those lines - they felt very faked and LAMIST
I don't see what's so LAMIST about it, I don't think anyone would or should town read me for that post. It's not faked either, and I don't really know how it could be unless you think I expected a page 5 flash wagon on a Cop.
SirCakez wrote: I mean looking back at it

IZ - you say probably town okay
999 - "abrasive but that isn't scum indicative" ok that means nothing
Dwlee - "not interacting with them" also means nothing'
Cakez - you question me but take no stance on me alignment-wise
Cephrir - "I don't TR you but your defense makes sense" - again means nothing

like all of these leave the door open for you to townread or scumread them later
That's not all I said about 999, I said their frustration feels genuine and knowing that they're Koba means I have to adjust my read for that. I literally said I was wary until the alt slip, without that they'd be a scum read by now but I know Koba doesn't play in a way that can be read straightforward.

I gave my reason for not really interacting with Dwlee and explained how I was going to read them, that's not nothing.

Why would I read you before you answer my question?

The bit about Ceph just isn't true, saying I don't TR them while admitting they have a point is 100% a stance. I also said they're playing differently than they did in one of their scum games.

Idk if this is just another clash of playstyles or what, but "leaving the door open to town read or scum read them later" is not the scum trap you think it is. It's incredibly unreasonable to act like my reads can't/shouldn't ever change, and that I need to have hard reads on every player.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #767 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Roden »

Vacation just ended, I'm on the ride home now. I probably should've just put in V/LA but I thought I could try to play in my off time, so that's my bad. I didn't get back in time and got dropped from another game unfortunately, but I'm barely making it back in time for this one.

@Cakez:
Trying to push a mis-elim on me in a low activity game when I'm clearly not even on site and already said I was on vacation is just cartoonishly scummy. Can you walk me through your thought process here? Because if you actually managed to flash wagon me before I came back, everyone would see my green flip and you'd be gone Day 3 for flash wagoning town two days in a row.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:22 am

Post by Roden »

In post 744, Infinity Zero wrote:VOTE: Roden
I’m still sorta skeptical of this but he fell off the map hard and ngl I think that’s a scumtell for him

-Gamma
If this is in reference to Radio Buzz, that's a really poor example. I couldn't really do much that game since half the players knew each other and town hyper posted. The only other game we played together where I was scum was LN 235 and that game was a lot more typical of my scum meta since I was pretty active there. And again, I've been on vacation, I literally just wasnt around to post.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #769 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Roden »

I genuinely enjoy playing scum, so it's wild to me that someone would claim that it's meta for me to drop off in activity if I roll scum.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Roden »

@999:
WRT the Lady Vig situation, even if you believe it's possible she's scum who shot mis-elim bait then fake claimed Vig, it's practically guaranteed that the situation will resolve itself, because the real Vig would just CC with their own bullet tonight. And in the rare situation where the Vig is unable to shoot her tonight, they can just openly CC tomorrow instead.

The only way this doesn't work is if town doesn't actually have a Vig at all, but that seems unlikely for a role madness type game.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:55 am

Post by Roden »

In post 771, Infinity Zero wrote:Mix of both actually, honestly you’re closer to 235 than Radio Buzz.

-Gamma
When did I drop off in 235? I was active as hell that game and made a bunch noise all the way to the end.
In post 772, Infinity Zero wrote:But you feel very little like you did in 2234.

-Gamma
That was one of my IC games, I could kinda say whatever I wanted there. The game state there also wasn't nearly as dead as it is here.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #775 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 774, Infinity Zero wrote:The problem is exactly that: I’m recognizing that all you’re putting out is noise. Your solving this game feels very weak-spirited, sure you sorted a good number of slots but it felt like your sorting wasn’t meaningful. Your activity doesn’t help but this is like when I prosecuted CheekyTeeky in LN 231, it’s all about
what you do with your time
that determines how you’re read, for me. Where’s your sense of
direction
?

-Gamma
What? I was pushing Ceph even after I unvoted, and I'm currently trying to gauge whether or not Cakez is short-sighted scum or just impulsive/bored town. You'd have a point if I was solo lurking in a hyper post game state, but I've given out more content, reads, and thought processes than half the players in the game, even with me being on vacation. You're just wrong here.

If you're saying I feel different from the recent games where I died first or got mis-elim'd first for five games in a row, then sorry, but I've already said I'm adjusting my playstyle due to how unfun those games all were.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Roden »

Like we literally had a conversation about this in a different game, where I additionally pointed out how different you were playing but I still found you as town regardless. I shouldn't have to AtE and shitfight with people every single game that I'm town so that everyone who meta'd me can point it out in my town history (only for certain players who won't be named to metabad me anyway and chain town mis-elims).
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Roden »

I wasn't referring to you but you'd be scum claiming if you did.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:24 am

Post by Roden »

In post 781, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 417, Dwlee99 wrote:Dunnstral
Lady lambdadelta
Ampharos

SirCakez

SCP 999

Infinity Zero (Infinity 324 + Gamma Emerald)
Cephrir
Roden
Zyla
Galron

Unordered in tiers
I want to stick with this, and if I trust koba's townreads by extension of my own townread on them, then I think that leaves me with
VOTE: Roden
Queue roden malding after that t3 game
Hey, it's not a tunnel this time :^)
I hate that your sheep meta means you're probably just town here.

Why do you trust Koba when they still have their vote on you?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Roden »

In post 782, Infinity Zero wrote:
In post 775, Roden wrote:
In post 774, Infinity Zero wrote:The problem is exactly that: I’m recognizing that all you’re putting out is noise. Your solving this game feels very weak-spirited, sure you sorted a good number of slots but it felt like your sorting wasn’t meaningful. Your activity doesn’t help but this is like when I prosecuted CheekyTeeky in LN 231, it’s all about
direction
?

-Gamma
What? I was pushing Ceph even after I unvoted, and I'm currently trying to gauge whether or not Cakez is short-sighted scum or just impulsive/bored town. You'd have a point if I was solo lurking in a hyper post game state, but I've given out more content, reads, and thought processes than half the players in the game, even with me being on vacation. You're just wrong here.

If you're saying I feel different from the recent games where I died first or got mis-elim'd first for five games in a row, then sorry, but I've already said I'm adjusting my playstyle due to how unfun those games all were.
I don't
feel
the effort from you regarding your ceph push or your investigation of cakez, though. I think saying you've solved more than half of the other players in the game have is a bit of a stretch.

-Gamma
This is such a nothing statement. How do you "feel" effort? I know I'm putting in effort, Ceph and Cakez however are barely even responding to what I say and you're literally town reading both of them over low effort posts. Why can't you just admit that the game state sucks and you're only voting me because I went absent during my vacation?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Roden »

In post 569, SirCakez wrote:
In post 558, Roden wrote:I don't see what's so LAMIST about it, I don't think anyone would or should town read me for that post. It's not faked either, and I don't really know how it could be unless you think I expected a page 5 flash wagon on a Cop.
I think it would be easy to construe that kind of post as townie confusion
Cakez doesn't even respond to my full post here and straight up cuts it out so he doesn't have to respond to it.
In post 558, Roden wrote:
In post 551, SirCakez wrote:
In post 539, Roden wrote:This one.
oh I didn't like the "wtf happened" and confusion and comments on those lines - they felt very faked and LAMIST
I don't see what's so LAMIST about it, I don't think anyone would or should town read me for that post. It's not faked either, and I don't really know how it could be unless you think I expected a page 5 flash wagon on a Cop.
SirCakez wrote: I mean looking back at it

IZ - you say probably town okay
999 - "abrasive but that isn't scum indicative" ok that means nothing
Dwlee - "not interacting with them" also means nothing'
Cakez - you question me but take no stance on me alignment-wise
Cephrir - "I don't TR you but your defense makes sense" - again means nothing

like all of these leave the door open for you to townread or scumread them later
That's not all I said about 999, I said their frustration feels genuine and knowing that they're Koba means I have to adjust my read for that. I literally said I was wary until the alt slip, without that they'd be a scum read by now but I know Koba doesn't play in a way that can be read straightforward.

I gave my reason for not really interacting with Dwlee and explained how I was going to read them, that's not nothing.

Why would I read you before you answer my question?

The bit about Ceph just isn't true, saying I don't TR them while admitting they have a point is 100% a stance. I also said they're playing differently than they did in one of their scum games.

Idk if this is just another clash of playstyles or what, but "leaving the door open to town read or scum read them later" is not the scum trap you think it is. It's incredibly unreasonable to act like my reads can't/shouldn't ever change, and that I need to have hard reads on every player.
I don't see how you can see me picking apart each detail of a post and decide I'm putting in zero effort, when the person I'm arguing with is barely even bothering to respond and won't admit that they can't argue against my points and thus just ignores it instead.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Roden »

In post 712, Infinity Zero wrote:@koba i thought that was a good post. i think i have too many trs at this point, so while i feel like roden and galron have had some towny posts, i'm not going to argue too much against them being in there. for me they're around the same level as ceph, who i don't think is as towny as you do but overall i agree with your list.

VOTE: cakez this is where i feel best about my vote atm, usually when he posts enough i can see the towny energy there but i really can't this game.

-infinity
I’m still sorta skeptical of this but he fell off the map hard and ngl I think that’s a scumtell for him

-Gamma
The fact your slot kept hovering around shading Cakez all game and quickly moved your vote off of him when you saw no one was joining you, only to then
immediately sheep your scum read and vote me after he said to flash wagon an absent player
, is also just shady as fuck. There's no progression between these two votes.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Roden »

In post 787, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 783, Roden wrote:
In post 781, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 417, Dwlee99 wrote:Dunnstral
Lady lambdadelta
Ampharos

SirCakez

SCP 999

Cephrir
Roden
Zyla
Galron

Unordered in tiers
I want to stick with this, and if I trust koba's townreads by extension of my own townread on them, then I think that leaves me with
VOTE: Roden
Queue roden malding after that t3 game
Hey, it's not a tunnel this time :^)
I hate that your sheep meta means you're probably just town here.

Why do you trust Koba when they still have their vote on you?
Koba (and I :P) just had a really good game in a recently finished large normal and something something hot hands. But same deal with poeing it down to who is evil, and I think we're onto a similar thing here this game at this point
I don't even know what to say here because I know you're just gonna argue with me no matter what. But putting me in your PoE is wrong and we both know I'm just an easy name to vote for just because I wasn't here for a few days.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:08 am

Post by Roden »

In post 789, Dwlee99 wrote:But poe
In post 790, Dwlee99 wrote:The whole point is that you haven't gotten out of it, not that you're necessarily scummy
Am I the scummiest in your PoE? Or am I the lowest cost vote?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Roden »

In post 793, Infinity Zero wrote:
In post 786, Roden wrote:
In post 712, Infinity Zero wrote:@koba i thought that was a good post. i think i have too many trs at this point, so while i feel like roden and galron have had some towny posts, i'm not going to argue too much against them being in there. for me they're around the same level as ceph, who i don't think is as towny as you do but overall i agree with your list.

VOTE: cakez this is where i feel best about my vote atm, usually when he posts enough i can see the towny energy there but i really can't this game.

-infinity

-Gamma
The fact your slot kept hovering around shading Cakez all game and quickly moved your vote off of him when you saw no one was joining you, only to then
immediately sheep your scum read and vote me after he said to flash wagon an absent player
, is also just shady as fuck. There's no progression between these two votes.
tbh i haven't really talked to gamma much about this and i still kind prefer cakez

-infinity
Do the two of you have any consensus scum reads?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Roden »

In post 804, Infinity Zero wrote:
In post 784, Roden wrote:This is such a nothing statement. How do you "feel" effort? I know I'm putting in effort, Ceph and Cakez however are barely even responding to what I say and you're literally town reading both of them over low effort posts. Why can't you just admit that the game state sucks and you're only voting me because I went absent during my vacation?
I'm not TRing Cakez, and like, you don't seem to be actively driving to get your scumreads eliminated. Your posting rn is merely response to pressure, it seems like.

-Gamma
If you're not town reading Cakez then what's your read on him?

How am I not actively driving to get my scum reads eliminated?

Claiming I'm only posting to respond to pressure is just circular logic. I'm receiving pressure because I literally wasn't here, but now I'm scummy because I'm posting? Literally what am I supposed to do if you're just gonna make up a reason to vote me no matter how I respond?

You're also being extremely hypocritical. You literally threw a fit and screamed at everyone to stop scum reading you after your activity dropped and you accidentally scum slipped. Why does your response to pressure make you town and mine make me scummy?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 805, Dwlee99 wrote:Koba and I can work well together to find town and kill scum.

Their list was this:
Lady lambdadelta
SirCakez
Roden
Galron
Dwlee99

I would like to vote in:
Cephrir
Roden
Zyla
Galron

Crossing off the names I do not want to kill in that list gives me:
Roden
Galron

I think Koba is wrong somewhere here (or maybe more plausibly one of the names I crossed off is scum but that's to be reevaluated some other time.)

For now I want to vote where Koba and I agree, and that's either Roden or Galron. In my own poe I still think IZ is the scummiest. I think they straight up perspective slipped but I'm shelving it for now at least because I townread koba and they've drawn me away from bad tunnels other times
I would vote IZ with you if you changed your vote. Because their push is just illogical and forced at this point, and I'm getting the same vibes I always get from scum teams when town decides to LHF me over literally nothing.

I know I'm town and the almost complete lack of resistance to my wagon should be telling. The fact no one seems to be against Galron being in the PoE makes me think the entire thing is just wrong and that the scum team is in a really good spot. I really don't want to claim and pushing my wagon any further is a really really bad idea.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #43) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:12 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 807, SirCakez wrote:
In post 767, Roden wrote:@Cakez: Trying to push a mis-elim on me in a low activity game when I'm clearly not even on site and already said I was on vacation is just cartoonishly scummy. Can you walk me through your thought process here? Because if you actually managed to flash wagon me before I came back, everyone would see my green flip and you'd be gone Day 3 for flash wagoning town two days in a row.
I didn't realize you were on vacation
My viewpoint atm is scum is probably in the lurkers/low content players. Zyla was one of them but they have a good claim. You are in there too.
Also I barely had a hand in that stupid StrangeMatter wagon so trying to pin that on me is ridiculous
I said I was on vacation days ago.

In this game state only like three people aren't lurking at this point so that's not really telling.

You literally jump started that mis-elim and said he scum told.
In post 808, SirCakez wrote:
direction
?

-Gamma
I completely agree with this
Roden - it seems like you only put effort in here when the game is pushing you. You pretty much only showed up last time when I pushed you the first time. Your sorting doesn't feel town-motivated at all.
In post 785, Roden wrote:I don't see how you can see me picking apart each detail of a post and decide I'm putting in zero effort, when the person I'm arguing with is barely even bothering to respond and won't admit that they can't argue against my points and thus just ignores it instead.
honestly I meant to respond to the rest of that but I forgot
it's not a big part of my current reasoning for SRing you anyways
Me showing up when my name gets mentioned is proven to be coincidental by just looking at my site activity and post history. How does my sorting not feel townie?

Why do you scum read me then if it's not for my content? Everyone keeps saying it's because I wasn't posting but I've already explained that.
In post 813, SirCakez wrote:who are you even trying to eliminate right now? all I'm seeing you do is retort at people pushing you
I'm trying to catch up and defend myself? Am I not allowed to do that?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (isolation #44) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Roden »

The fact that the only reason this is even happening is because I didn't announce a V/LA is mind boggling. Literally getting scum read for going on vacation.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #822 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 816, Infinity Zero wrote:do you have other suspects that are outside people's poes besides us? lld and dunn are towny to me based on their roles, and koba and zyla are quite towny based on their posting. with 4 townreads i feel good about, poe'ing seems like the best strategy to me.

i'll be honest, your recent pushback has felt pretty genuine to me, but gamma disagrees obviously.

-infinity
I wanted to do Ceph but no one wants to do Ceph. Zyla I'm lean scum on because I've seen her fake town tells before and do it convincingly. Ampharos hasn't really done anything. I don't understand Cakez' scum reads and he only committed to going after me when he got support for it.

My case on your slot is that scum loves to play devil's advocate and defend me when town gangs up on me to get town cred. It's happened literally every single game, and if you're scum then it's a unique twist where one head plays good cop and the other plays bad cop. I want to believe Gamma's AtE rant was genuine but his logic against me is just so bad.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:09 am

Post by Roden »

In post 824, Infinity Zero wrote:@Roden I’ll admit we haven’t really had the greatest optics around you yeah. However, I kinda drifted from defending to pushing you fwiw

This may be a bit of a [[Leap of Faith]], but I think I’m willing to take the [[BIG SHOT!!!!]]
We are 2 parts Reimu Hakurei, 1 Part Sadou Maou.
Temperature is set to [[Rise/Fall]] based on receiver tuning. Airwaves have hopefully been cleaned up in advance.

What sort of town slips have you seen Zyla fake before? What do you think of Dwlee? I do think Amy has also been absent for quite a while but honestly she’s at the point of needing replacement

-Gamma
In my first newbie game she fake dumb told on who the Mason pair was and inadvertently got town cred for it, since I didn't think scum had any reason to mention it in the main thread instead of the scum PT. She did the exact same thing in Scarlet Witch where she fake slipped on who she thought the Masons were, which included her scum buddy. She also generally lays low and stays under the radar but I couldn't tell you if that's NAI or not. But the idea that she "town slipped" by not understanding that all players can perform research, not just scum, doesn't read as a genuine thought process since it implies that if town she thought scum had no abilities. Besides that I couldn't even tell you what her thought processes or stances have been all game off the top of my head, I just know she's been firing off her vote a lot.

I don't really think Dwlee has done much, they'll probably say metabad but they've followed their typical town meta of playing a low key early game and sheeping whoever's the loudest player. On the other hand, they're just Null to me as far as being an actual read, and I'll always hammer someone else to save myself if I have to. They're already voting me so consider this
intent to hammer
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 am

Post by Roden »

In post 827, SirCakez wrote:
In post 815, Roden wrote:
In post 805, Dwlee99 wrote:Koba and I can work well together to find town and kill scum.

Their list was this:
Lady lambdadelta
SirCakez
Roden
Galron
Dwlee99

I would like to vote in:
Cephrir
Roden
Zyla
Galron

Crossing off the names I do not want to kill in that list gives me:
Roden
Galron

I think Koba is wrong somewhere here (or maybe more plausibly one of the names I crossed off is scum but that's to be reevaluated some other time.)

For now I want to vote where Koba and I agree, and that's either Roden or Galron. In my own poe I still think IZ is the scummiest. I think they straight up perspective slipped but I'm shelving it for now at least because I townread koba and they've drawn me away from bad tunnels other times
I would vote IZ with you if you changed your vote. Because their push is just illogical and forced at this point, and I'm getting the same vibes I always get from scum teams when town decides to LHF me over literally nothing.

I know I'm town and the almost complete lack of resistance to my wagon should be telling. The fact no one seems to be against Galron being in the PoE makes me think the entire thing is just wrong and that the scum team is in a really good spot. I really don't want to claim and pushing my wagon any further is a really really bad idea.
this is all just ridiculous
you're basically OMGUSing IZ and me
you're claiming there's no resistance to your wagon when you're not even at L-1 despite deadline being close
IZ is kind of OMGUS but you've legitimately done some scummy shit all game.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Roden »

I feel bad for them
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #848 (isolation #49) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:22 am

Post by Roden »

That was for a dead chat, my bad
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (isolation #50) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:25 am

Post by Roden »

In post 828, SirCakez wrote:
In post 817, Roden wrote:I said I was on vacation days ago.

In this game state only like three people aren't lurking at this point so that's not really telling.

You literally jump started that mis-elim and said he scum told.
yeah it was an opening push. I obviously did not want to elim someone in the first 48 hours. I had no idea that was going to happen when I dropped my vote. you're trying to frame this like I personally ensured SM was elimmed.
You're acting like you had zero responsibility or that scum couldn't have done that. I don't know why you think you should be cleared from that.
In post 829, SirCakez wrote:
In post 817, Roden wrote:I'm trying to catch up and defend myself? Am I not allowed to do that?
yes you are but you're not doing any scumhunting from what I can see. your only recent pushes are on IZ and me for pushing you.
who is scum? who is town?
I literally wrote a reads list earlier that we both disputed? And then brought up further names? What are you talking about?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (isolation #51) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:27 am

Post by Roden »

In post 831, SirCakez wrote:
In post 822, Roden wrote:
In post 816, Infinity Zero wrote:do you have other suspects that are outside people's poes besides us? lld and dunn are towny to me based on their roles, and koba and zyla are quite towny based on their posting. with 4 townreads i feel good about, poe'ing seems like the best strategy to me.

i'll be honest, your recent pushback has felt pretty genuine to me, but gamma disagrees obviously.

-infinity
I wanted to do Ceph but no one wants to do Ceph. Zyla I'm lean scum on because I've seen her fake town tells before and do it convincingly. Ampharos hasn't really done anything. I don't understand Cakez' scum reads and he only committed to going after me when he got support for it.

My case on your slot is that scum loves to play devil's advocate and defend me when town gangs up on me to get town cred. It's happened literally every single game, and if you're scum then it's a unique twist where one head plays good cop and the other plays bad cop. I want to believe Gamma's AtE rant was genuine but his logic against me is just so bad.
why is Ceph scum?
do you think Zyla's claim is fake?
I already explained the Ceph read.

I didn't say Zyla's claim was fake.

I don't think you're even reading my posts at this point.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (isolation #52) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:16 pm

Post by Roden »

I have several tabs open and was flipping through them trying to respond to stuff in different games before I was about to start my shift. I got flustered and was barely even paying attention to my screen and was just typing from memory. So no it wasn't a scum PT slip, I genuinely was just on the wrong tab on my phone.

At this point idk if I should just self hammer since I've poisoned my own position in the game too much to ever be allowed to go to ELo. My ability isn't particularly strong as it is so it's probably just optimal for town, because if we mis-elim someone today who isn't me I'm likely just getting voted out tomorrow anyway. I don't feel confident about any elim today as it is.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Roden »

T3 why do you town read me after literally everything that just happened?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (isolation #54) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:51 pm

Post by Roden »

There is a really important reason I've been saying I don't want to claim. Mentioning my SCP or ability in any capacity after I've used its ability will permanently cancel it and cause us to lose one Security Guard daily, or at least while I'm still alive in the game. The same happens if anyone ever correctly guesses what my SCP is or refers to the research I've done with it. AFAIK, it doesn't count if it happens in a PT though, and nothing can get retroactively canceled either.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #964 (isolation #55) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 960, Cephrir wrote:that kind of ability is bad game design, but it's probably either a legit role or a legit fakeclaim, so here we are
My SCP would be a lot more effective in the hands of someone who can actually get town read as town, design wise it just punishes town flailing. There's a potential loop hole around it if I target Dunn tonight, which can hopefully indirectly confirm me and also directly confirm if they're actually a Reflexive FN.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Roden »

I just revisited the ones I remembered reading years ago and picked the three I thought were most interesting and could be fun to play.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Roden »

Also, what are we doing today if I'm not getting elim'd? I don't feel the same about Cakez anymore, his reactions to my tab slip and role claim felt townie and I think he could've gotten away with continuing to hard pressure me. Dwlee's reaction to it also felt genuine, they really seemed to think I was talking about them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”