penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1722 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Ego post. (I'd announce myself more but Lukewarm did that for me... :P )

Congrats to the Mafia team and jjh!

Thanks for the game, morph! More specific flattery later.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1721, Lukewarm wrote:Well Shiro, we owe penguin an apology
You do not, to be clear. You play your game, and as long as you play in good faith and with decency, you're fine. Win some, lose some.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

I wasn't thinking about the nitty-gritty of the role, just the results. I would have assumed two roles, with the bus driver (as per my spec) as a one-shot add-on thing.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1733 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1730, StrangeMatter wrote:Though if I may can we talk about Penguin's luck with all of the neighborhoods being town only.
Hey, you put as much townie energy out into the universe as I did, it gets reflected back to you!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:50 am

Post by penguin_alien »

General thoughts:

Like any uPick game, there were some really nifty things and some stuff that went off the rails. I really liked the chess game used as a way to circumvent a standard Follow The Cop.

Flavor aside, the roles interacted in useful ways for town and scum. I think balancing for a third party whose exit/existence means town starts down a miselim. Scum likely had the drift of that once town claims started coming in even without jjh's explanation via existing, but it sure made a lot of things click at the time.

Which brings me to noting beyond my initial congrats that jjh played a niche role very well, IMHO. You hit the right balance to get to your win con, and even without what sounds like maybe some RNG in your favor, I suspect you would have made it to a win con regardless as you were going.

The poison choice worked out well for scum in this game too.
It was definitely a complicating factor in balance to my outside eye, but it certainly changed up the days' paths.

It was fun to get to play with some new folks to me and with some old friends. I did learn that I'm not an alt player, for everyone who cares about my navel-gazing conclusions. But I'll use the alt to run a Vorkosiganverse mini theme, so all is not lost. Ivan will ride again!

Thanks to the mods for a good game, and I hope to see the rest of y'all in another game some time! And of course thanks be to the RNG for giving me so many Town neighbors. I was kept hopping, if nothing else...!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”