Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #95 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 81, Childs~ wrote:I mean you can, but it just feels over cautious
This feels like shading for something that's a lose-lose for Copper. However, I agree with the sentiment in the sense that Copper (and Clark for that matter) both have an over-explainy, formal kind of tone that I'd put as +Scum.

Because of the shading, Copper/Child probably not scum together.

Lars prob-town.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 94, Garry~ wrote:
In post 87, Fuchs~ wrote:I did not like Clark's and

More so then anything else that has happened in this game, but not really ready to move any wagon to E-1.

So, he is in my scum pile but not actually going to vote there atm.
... this feels scummy-townish behavior.
Agreed.

VOTE: Fuchs
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Bennings~ »

Oh you meant the opposite?

@Norris

It reads like someone simulating town behavior with the "not really ready to move any wagon to E-1" thing. Commenting for the sake of commenting.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:16 am

Post by Bennings~ »

Too scummy to be scum is a possibility, yeah, but that reads more like virtue signaling to me.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:19 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

Elaborate.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 116, Fuchs~ wrote:Did not really like this post
In post 111, Palmer~ wrote:I don't currently think Clark is a Thing. I can understand the feeling of annoyance that people took his post the wrong way. Though I don't have anything against a wagon there, as I don't think any of my ideas are going to be >rand right now, and info is info.

Nauls gives me town vibes. Gut tells me that a Thing, if they were planning an entrance to the thread with content, wouldn't have chosen a single post from page 2 to form all their content on.

Garry also feels slightly towny. Explanation purposefully omitted for now.

@Copper, give me your strongest Human and Thing read?
You think clark is town, but you are okay with a wagon there because "info is info" does not feel like a genuine thought.

Saying that someone is town because on page 5, the most interesting thing they saw while reading was on Page 2 also does not feel like a real take either.

So after reading it, I opened your iso.
So far you have claimed to have had alignment thoughts on Lars, MacReady, Copper, Windows, Clark, Nauls and Garry. Largely light comments, but all voiced, which made it look more like you are just going through the motions of calling things town or scum, vs have real thoughts on these players.
I don't think the general sentiment of "this could be a townie but wagons are good" (which is what I'm gathering from this thought process) is scummy. I also think being okay with a wagon and being okay with an elim are two different things.

The bolded I actually think is NAI (at least during the early game, playstyle-based type thing), but a good point to keep track of because it'll actually make reading Palmer's alignment pretty easy as the game continues I imagine.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

Norris/Copper most likely not on a team together.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

GTH Norris is prob town here based on reaction. Not answering the questions purposefully seems like the harder route to go for scum here than just coming up with some bullshit, I think?

VOTE: Copper
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

Childs' is prob town. Tone is good and the prodding on Clark feels authentic, not really getting an agenda from it.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

That's funny because I actually think I'm townreading it for the exact same reason, because it doesn't 'make sense' and scum are generally more likely to attempt to do things that 'make sense'... if that makes sense? Maybe overthinking it, but it's happened quite a bit in my experience, hence the gut read.

Though I guess for me the thing that could go against this is the read does have a fabricated feel from the whole "newbposting" thing, because I didn't really get that vibe from Clark, so not answering to elaborate is a shame. I still think overall though I'm getting vibes of an uncooperative townie more than scum, though.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:24 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

I'm also getting opportunistic vibes from Copper which is making me think Norris is more likely town here. Not huge on the (basically) naked vote from Copper there.
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #342 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Bennings~ »

Bear with me I'm working heavy this weekend. Three day break for me after though let's gooo
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 248, Nauls~ wrote:Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the votes that have piled onto Norris, but Norris also hasn’t given me any reason to feel any better about them than before.
Yeah I'm getting LHF vibes
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 324, Palmer~ wrote:I don't really get the town reads on Childs, he is still firmly in my null pile.
did you plan on continuing this thought or?
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:27 am

Post by Bennings~ »

low hanging fruit

it's basically like they're an "easy" target that scum feel safe to jump on (assuming the LHF is town of course)

so if you think norris is town it puts some people into question, usually people who don't really look like they attempted actually sorting the slot

obviously this is all in a vacuum so you have to apply it situationally but that's the feeling i'm getting at the moment
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 317, Norris~ wrote:I don't like everyone pushing me, but I don't complain about every single one of them.
so what separates childs from the rest?
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #456 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:01 am

Post by Bennings~ »

have tomorrow off will be catching up
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #519 (isolation #17) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 397, Copper~ wrote:
In post 343, Bennings~ wrote:
In post 248, Nauls~ wrote:Honestly I’m not the biggest fan of the votes that have piled onto Norris, but Norris also hasn’t given me any reason to feel any better about them than before.
Doesn't seem like genuine LHF town and more like scum trolling to look like LHF. Subtle difference.
sure, there is a difference, but you haven't done anything to explain what the difference is, hence why your voting seems kinda fabricated/opportunistic

just saying "this trolling seems scummy" and then voting him doesn't really seem like you're trying to figure out alignment, you're just finding a reason
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #520 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 512, Windows~ wrote:If they were stupid enough to try they aren't going to be stupid enough to try now you've pointed it out... I don't see the town motivation for posting this now rather than say sometime in D2.
it limits scum options because now they have to think about this

similar to how nauls (i think it was nauls) commented about not voting on E-2 limits scum options, which I think was a much townier way of the whole "i don't want to put someone to E-1" train of thought than what fuchs did originally
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 512, Windows~ wrote:If they were stupid enough to try they aren't going to be stupid enough to try now you've pointed it out... I don't see the town motivation for posting this now rather than say sometime in D2.
also to follow up on this, why would scum even write this in the thread, then? feels nitpicky to say it's not town motivated but not see that it's also very difficult for it to be scum motivated?
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 478, Blair~ wrote:Clark doesn't feel like he's trying to find any bad people at all.

Clark asks what should be done but like it should be pretty obvious what the goal of this game is no?
to add to this now that there's been a claim

claiming and then not really expanding on thoughts or anything feels weird, especially if you know you're town and you've just claimed your role. maybe it's just from how i play but when i'm "confirmed" in my mind (ik clark isn't confirmed) i try to become more involved in the thread, not the opposite, because i know i'm likely to die

@Clark

do you have actual scumreads? your reads outside of fuchs have been very surface level
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #563 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 527, Fuchs~ wrote:Not sure that it makes Childs scum, because that seems like a thought that they would post in the scum chat instead of the main thread if they were scum, but it was also probably anti-town to say it.
yeah pretty much my line of thinking
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:55 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 558, MacReady~ wrote:
In post 546, Childs~ wrote:I'm pretty sure that we can completely confirm Clark's alignment, here, if I'm right.
I'm at a loss how we're going from your role to 'completely confirming Clark's alignment' here
^
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #566 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 533, Copper~ wrote:
In post 519, Bennings~ wrote:
In post 397, Copper~ wrote:
In post 343, Bennings~ wrote:
Doesn't seem like genuine LHF town and more like scum trolling to look like LHF. Subtle difference.
sure, there is a difference, but you haven't done anything to explain what the difference is, hence why your voting seems kinda fabricated/opportunistic

just saying "this trolling seems scummy" and then voting him doesn't really seem like you're trying to figure out alignment, you're just finding a reason
The difference is that he actively seems to be out to annoy people, rather than floundering like LHF.
see i still don't get this

scum aren't trying to "annoy" people they're trying to get townread OR in this game specifically cause chaos and then assimilate

norris behaving that way just puts a target on him for elim D1. doesn't make sense to me from a scum pov
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 556, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 542, Clark~ wrote:Fuchs - already talked about

those are my three biggest scum reads. Windows and palmer are floating in the lower half of my reads as well but not to the extent of those three
So, uh...

Did you forget what read you had on me lmao
In post 464, Clark~ wrote:Decided to ISO Fuchs
I think this is more likely to come from town than scum:
In post 148, Fuchs~ wrote:Norris, why does you deciding that I am town mean that I get to decide your vote?
A lot of Fuchs' points are very nuanced which looks to me like trying to solve by thinking deeply about motives rather than the actual actions themselves. Which is what town would want to do instead of scum looking for something bad to jump onto.
To reiterate Fuchs, I don't understand the "why could scum not pretend to be tunnelled" argument. You could say that about literally anything.

Nauls's arguments with Fuchs look like Nauls is actively searching for things to argue about and ways to make Fuchs look bad rather than reading something and thinking it's bad. Then when the clash didn't go anywhere he just dropped it in 433.
<_<

>_>

lmao

VOTE: Clark
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 244, Clark~ wrote:
In post 243, MacReady~ wrote:
In post 239, Clark~ wrote:Not much, I almost always get early wagoned day 1 so it's surprisingly business as usual for replacing into a slot
Well more - do you have any reads on anyone who joined the wagon?
You, Blair, Garry are town in my mind, Child is probs town too. Not got a read on Lars yet.
In post 542, Clark~ wrote:
Mac - The vast majority of posts have been about my slot and pushing it as scum. There are a few other reads here and there but honestly not a lot. 311 is like the only post that actually tries to look at analysing someone then it's straight back to pushing me. I think Mac's play has been very safe so far which comes from the set-up. I don't think this sort of play would hold up in a normal game later than day 2 at which point it would be picked at for not being solving. But picking an easy to push slot and just keeping on the pressure day one then assimilating away when it flips town.

Copper - Copper just hasn't really said much all game (not that I'm one to talk to be fair). Some tonal/gut reads at the beginning of the game which is all well and good but they haven't developed into anything. The there was the pointless discussion about fake tunnelling as scum and then pushing the troll slot which I think is town
Spoiler:
Bit of an aside, but theses two posts make me want to consider a Mac/Copper team. Playing both sides of a slot and and trying to get traction of an entirely irrelevant question by a partner.
In post 331, Copper~ wrote:
In post 304, MacReady~ wrote:This might seem sort of off-topic but I'm still curious and would be interested how people answer - are you calling scum 'scum' this game, or 'Thing' ?
"Scum"
In post 79, Copper~ wrote:I don't think Clark is scum. Off-the-hip gut read.

Fuchs - already talked about

those are my three biggest scum reads. Windows and palmer are floating in the lower half of my reads as well but not to the extent of those three

My strongest townread is still Garry, then probably Childs.
flip flopped on mac as well
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #878 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

In post 873, Fuchs~ wrote:
In post 820, Childs~ wrote:If I used it as much D1 as I would normally be inclined to, then on D2 someone would use it as much as I am.

It was specifically me holding back that made it easier for me to identify me as me today.
Just gotta say, this is a dumb plan.

If you make your self different, on purpose, day 1. And then don't do it day 2, the end result is not to make it EASIER to identify you on day 2.

Instead, that purposeful difference just... makes the days look different...
i thought the same but then thinking about it, guess it tracks overall with childs' modus operandi which to me seems like confidence and ideas but not full awareness of how these might come across to others? think it was apparent with the whole plan surrounding clarks

i've gathered that unless the team is exactly palmer/childs then palmer must be telling the truth, which confs them for the moment but not childs? that's where we're at rn?

i'd wager from what i said above and just the posting in general that childs is still themselves, so we're good on that front. doesn't clear from being scum but at least clears one slot from being assimiliated fmpov
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #880 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Bennings~ »

assuming town!lars it would have to do more with reads i'd assume? unless they were thinking PR but i wasn't getting those vibes
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #946 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:27 am

Post by Bennings~ »

i mean in a normal game i wouldn't be opposed to getting shot since it slims PoE

even for this game it's probably not the worst thing since finding assimilated will *probably* not be too difficult?

i'm also vanilla so no PR loss from it and childs being confirmed is probably more important to reduce fear of scum!childs world. obv can be assimilated into after but like i said, probably not that big of a threat at this point

i'm assuming it's Copper btw
Bennings~
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Bennings~
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #954 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:36 pm

Post by Bennings~ »