BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:47 am

Post by BSG »

I don't know if it could help as each day the role will change from owner. I will be going after this post so I'll think about it during the time I'm gone.
I also wanted to point the following out as well in case somebody didn't look at the rules:
Set Up:
1) There are 3 or 4 total scum contained within 1 or 2 scum groups with numbers no larger than 3.
2) Members of any scum group may only perform a kill and their designated night action if they are the only living member of their group.
3) If a scum faction consisting of a single player exists they will have the ability to survive a single NK attempt against them without dying.
4) Any scum faction may have a one-shot "super kill" ability that will kill their target regardless of protection, roleblocking or jailkeeping. This will be consumed whether or not it was required to perform the kill.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:14 am

Post by BSG »

Korts, that doesn't really matter. The roles switch owners each day, or Wendy should do something against it. That's why Wendy should be discussed who to take her. I don't want a random player to have Wendy.
But this is the only role who should be discussed. As she decides if roles get switched or not, she has a huge power in this game. The other roles don't have to be discussed. If Wendy decides not to keep the same roles, it won't matter which role was picked day 1 as everyone has a different role. It is all about Wendy. So I would like to discuss about her and keep this role to someone we can hopefully trust.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:00 am

Post by BSG »

Like I said, I want to discuss about Wendy. At this moment, I'm happy that Farside didn't take her. We haven't started this game yet, but she is already stating what she thinks is best for Wendy to do. I think that this should be based upon what happens during the game and how players will use their role.

Mod, can Wendy be roleblocked?
Just for clarification. I think I already know the answer.

I actually have some questions. Hopefully everybody is checking this game.
For those who already have chosen their ability: Why did you choose this ability?
For those who still have to choose: Which ability would you have chosen if you were allowed to start and why?
For those who still have to choose: Do you think it will be good for us if you choose Wendy and why?

Here are my answers:
1. I would have picked Penelope, role switcher, at table 7 (still planning to do so).
This ability gives you control to give two players different abilities than they would expect. If you don't trust someone you can take his ability away from him and give it to someone else you do trust, without changing the other abilities. While Wendy changes them all, Penelope only changes two.
2. I don't think it's good if I have Wendy. In Penolope's case, I only have to look at one player/two players. In the case of Wendy, I need to look at everyone. Besides, if I think that for example Empking and Farside are doing a great job with their abilities, while OP and Neko such with theirs, should I still switch the roles or not? I don't think I can make a decision like that as the wrong decision can afflict the whole town. With Penelope, this is less (at least that's what I think).

I have already a list ready in case somebody else takes the ability I want. I will explain that choice later if I don't get Penelope.

And just like Korts, I would like to know why you changed your mind about the questions Farside.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 am

Post by BSG »

That sounds fair. That way, the town will decide if Wendy's ability should be used or not, so I can agree with this plan.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:46 am

Post by BSG »

Just in case Korts will tell us who he'll pick when I'm offline, I'm gonna put the two abilities I would choose. The first is my actual choice, the second if Korts picks my first ability.
1. Penelope
2. Hanna
That way you guys can continue.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:17 am

Post by BSG »

Like I said, I wanted to
Take Penelope
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:52 am

Post by BSG »

It failed once, it won't failt twice :twisted:
Vote Korts
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:00 am

Post by BSG »

I have tried to bandwagon Korts in a different game (ongoing), but it failed. With my vote in this game, it will work :twisted:
I think Korts knows what I'm talking about :D I'm surprised that he didn't vote RS.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:08 am

Post by BSG »

I will vote based upon what happens during this day. I'm not going to vote yet wether if Korts should use his ability or not.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:26 am

Post by BSG »

To see how players are reacting. What if a pro-town player has a strong ability? Should we give him a weaker role the next day only because another player is hurting us with his picked role?
As you might remember, I have an ability which seems to work the same as Korts, but only for two players. If there's only one player who hurts us with his picked role, then I don't think we should all switch, but instead use my ability on that player.
We also have to think about those who come across as pro-town and who comes across as anti-town. What if a strong ability gets into the hands of someone who most of us see as anti-town?
I find it way too early to decide if we should use Wendy or not.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:34 am

Post by BSG »

Well, Tan was the only one who posted in this game while you were waiting for Emp.
I'm also feeling the love between Empking and Farside. Perhaps we should show them how to do it the right way, right Korts and RS ;)?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:51 am

Post by BSG »

Just vote if you want to, Seraphim. If you're afraid that you or other players will lynch accidentaly due to your ability, then just put how many votes the player you have voted for has at that point.

Also, why are some players already sub-voting regarding Wendy? What are the reasons for discussing it right here and now?

Also, Seraphim, why did you vote yourself?
Tan, why did you vote the mod?
Mod, why is Tan's vote against you not counted?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 am

Post by BSG »

Only wondering why anyone would vote themselves. Please enlighten me why anyone (only exception Natirasha) would do that?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 am

Post by BSG »

OP wrote:In the case of self-voting, in the random voting stage, it's pretty harmless, but personally,
I think its' pointless
This. That's why I asked Seraphim.
But the thing is that I also wondered why someone would vote the mod, but I haven't gotten a response from that player yet.
Shaft.ed wrote:You're never going to impress your dates if you don't learn how to have a conversation.
?
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:15 am

Post by BSG »

shaft.ed wrote:
I understand it was a joke but:
Game Rules wrote:10: No small or invisible text, editing of your posts, codes, etc.
This to me is a warning. The mod clearly shows that although it was a joke, it's not allowed.
But this argument makes no sense at all. As if scum don't get modkilled.
Besides, Farside did get a warning so your point is definitly invalid now. I also would like to point the following out what was done in a mishmash game:
Ferris Wheel quote post 213.

Had Farside done this, then it would have been worth to argue about. She would have posted something which you can't see without quoting. But now everyone could see the it, and she only showed how angry she was. Dahill won the game with that post. You're making an elephant of a musquito and I don't like that.
Add the reason why you started to attack Farside and you deserve an
Unvote Vote Empking
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:19 am

Post by BSG »

I think that when the mod points at a rule that it counts as a warning.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 am

Post by BSG »

Will post tomorrow a real post.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 am

Post by BSG »

Back to post again. Hope you didn't miss me that much.
Anyway, here are my comments from things discussed starting at page 11 till where we are now.

@Tanarin
I'm not sure what to think of you yet. At post 254, you say that you think that Empking is scum. However, in that same post, you also say that we as town should find out if he's scum or a thickheaded townie. So why aren't you trying to find this out as you suggested this?
Then comes your case against Oman. You FoSed him for your actions. He gives his comments about your case. But you never responded to it. Why is that and could you do so? Could you also point your main arguments out of that post?
Following are your attacks against Neko. Which are quite confusing as I don't understand one thing of it. The only argument that I do understand what you mean is the argument that he has an opportunistic vote against Empking which other players had as well.
Finally you switch your vote after some attacks on Oman and to a lesser extent Neko (as the above points against Neko (except the opportunistic vote agument) didn't happen yet) to RS to get him talking. Which I find quite strange after your attacks against Oman and Empking.

@Shanba
It seems you have played at IRC with Tanarin. Can you explain what the difference is between the way he usually plays and the way he plays in this game (post 252)?

I so don't like post 272. A defence based upon his flips in other games...
The same goes for Oman's VI argument.

@Korts
Regarding post 309. Why don't you like Neko's reason for his choice, while Empking's reason for chosing tracker is technically the same?

Oman, what's your impression of Tanarin when you're talking to him privately?

I'm not convinced by the Neko case.

I'll have to look at some players as some have caught my attention after this read.
BSG
BSG
Goon
BSG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:19 am

Post by BSG »

Tanarin wrote:Oman: Sorry for ignoring you, I didn't intend to. Anyway I'm getting town vibes from the talks I am having with him as a mason buddy.
Sorry, I didn't look back and misunderstood above quote wrong. Then that question is aimed at SSK.

But Korts, why are you voting Shanba? Shanba switched back to Neko. If I'm correct, the voters are Tanarin, Neko and Farside in this order.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”