Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Tanarin »

I confirm, And Seraphim, you don't get to choose your table, you get the leftovers :P
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:43 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Ehh, not much to say really. Just kinda lazing around waiting.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:09 am

Post by Tanarin »

BSG Here is my current train of thought.

1.) I really am torn between the Anytime Masons and Penelope. The anytime Masons because it actually allows for a somewhat sideboard discussion with just one person, and hopefully through that you can get a really good feel as to if that person is actually scum or not. In my opinion that little sideboard convo may be more helpful, since then the person is almost forced to answer your questions as opposed to kinda brushing it off. As far as Penelope is concerned, I think being able to take a dangerous role out of a suspected scums hands is invaluable this game. Not only that she guarantees at lest one role swap as her action resolves before the role swap block. In fact, I think there should b some discussion on Penelope as well, because if scum grabs her AND Wendy, they practically control the game as far as roles are concerned.

2.) I personally would not like to have Wendy D1. For some reason she just seems to bring too much... possible WIFOM to the table (Then again so does Anytime Masons when I think about it.)
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:12 am

Post by Tanarin »

Yay! now you get to make your choice TAX. So I believe the current order is:

TAX
Korts
BSG
Tanarin
Shanba
Oman
Rogue Shenanigans
Seraphim

Am I correct? Or is TAX moved elsewhere?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:36 am

Post by Tanarin »

Hmm...Interesting, I think I can agree to a subvote on using Wendy's ability.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Tanarin »

Well it seems like a consensus that Korts should indeed take Wendy, so he may make his official pick anytime he wants. The way I see it, if he is scum he just locked himself into not blocking at least the first couple of nights. If he isn't then the town has a whole lot of power here. Not only that, assuming whoever Penelope takes is town, we can keep Wendy with Korts to ensure we keep it with town.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 am

Post by Tanarin »

Well, as Penelope is taken. I might as well take my other choice.

Geraldine is mine.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:02 am

Post by Tanarin »

Which leaves Seaphaim with
Priscilla
. So I guess it will be game on as soon as Shaft.ed says so.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Tanarin »

Vote: Shaft.ed

Can't go without the mandatory vote against the mod. :P
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:14 am

Post by Tanarin »

Wow, Empking, getting serious a bit fast there huh? We have plenty of time to look into that if need be. Though it is kinda suspicious that she took what amounts to the second/third most powerful role in the game.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:20 am

Post by Tanarin »

I was thinking this myself, there is no reason to even begin starting a vote on the ability use until we get closer to a lynch. That way we can at least establish not only if we will allow the rotation to happen, but also to decide if we want to keep you (Korts) with said ability using Penelope's ability. BTW, before we go on, which way does the rotation go?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Tanarin »

Farside, fair enough on that part, but may I point out this for you.

farside22 wrote: Okay since I'm next to chose I'm going to be the one to roll a die and who ever I land on I want you to ask questions that you think will help you decide which role you think I should have. Just humor me okay.

Now if the person rolled is a no show for the next few hours the next person down on the list should ask me some question. I would apprieciate that no one picks a roll till I get this ball rolling a bit. Like I said humor me okay.
I guess my question is this, if you really wanted to be asked questions, why didn't you address someone else? And given the fact that empking wasn't even on in that time, if you waned to stick to your plan, you could have at least asked for Tax, or even BSG to ask you a question.

@Korts: Yeah, that really is a nulltell as far as choosing a power role and I may be over reacting to the choice itself. I just think if she really wanted some input into the question, she could have stuck to her word a bit more and asked the next person or two down. She had plenty of time in all honesty and it seemed from the lack of responses that no one really cared if she took more time

Back to the Wendy thing, I really think we need to make a decision more along the lines on if we want Priscilla's ability to be used on Wendy and Amber and Keep Korts on it or allow Seraphim to gain control of Wendy's ability.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:07 am

Post by Tanarin »

OK, the reasoning is sound enough for me. That's all I really wanted to know anyway. From my end the issue is over unless someone else decides they HAVE to bring it up again.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by Tanarin »

I see no reason to actually use the power today. As I said earlier though, I rather wait until later in the day to decide if it indeed does or does not need to be used.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:40 am

Post by Tanarin »

BSG wrote:
Mod, why is Tan's vote against you not counted?
I am not elligible to receive votes. If he voted for Ru Paul I wouldn't have counted it either.
Aww man, really? I was gonna vote Ru Paul too. :(

Anyway, as far as the random vote on your self in the random stage is ocncerned, Shanba and Korts said it best. It's not that scummy considering it is in the random voting stage. I say let him have some fun. It's early and no real harm can come of it right now.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Well, people kinda need to get it out of their system, ya know?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:01 am

Post by Tanarin »

RS, I want to ask you something since we haven't heard too much out of you. I understand the farside vote was a random vote, but now that we have progressed past that stage, what do you think about the current Farsid/empking thing? Personally, I can see farsides point, no one really did question her other than BSG and Korts until the beginning of the day, (Even I am guilty of that one.) What gets me is why did he wait so long to even bring it up? I counted 2 posts by him between her selection and the start of D1 and then it was the very first thing he brought up D1 as well, which ust happend to be after she voted him.

P.S. Speaking of not hearing much out of people, can we get some proddage TAX's way, he hasn't even said anything since his selection. In fact, looking back his selection is the ONLY thing he has said this entire thread.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:39 pm

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote:I would agree with people about emp meta as far as acting scummy. My issue is when and where he raises a vote against me for somthing he never said pregame during the picks.
Well since it seems the most important question really hasn't been answered or asked, now is the time to ask it.

emp: Why did you wait so long to bring it up? If it was that big of an issue for you, why not say something right away?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:07 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Alright, let me handle this in order here:

BSG: Voting the mod was a joke. On another forum I play on I do it as well. Kinda call it a tradition of mine.

Shanba: I think Korts put it best, why a vote on me? Yes, I did say the issue was over for me unless someone brought it back up. Well, farside and empking brought it back up, so I asked the obvious question.

EmpKing: That quote you posted, was indeed posted on Monday and she never even tried to deny it. As for your answer, I don't like it at all. It makes you look like you are just being opportunistic. Not only that there was NO threat of a lynch on you and you know it. It was just a random vote. As I said earlier, if it was a big deal you should have said so earlier. In fact if you did say it earlier, I don't even think it would have been an issue.

Anyway
Vote: Empking
for the reasons said above, in case he absolutely needs a reason.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #19) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Tanarin »

Emp, frankly your case is full of bullshit I think we're swimming in it. To even suggest she is scummy for not being modkilled is a stretch at best and outright outrageous generally. As far as the Korts thing is concerned, last I checked this is indeed a game of technicalities and you did say quote, so he asked you where he quoted. You then go call him Scummy McScumerson in essence.

I am going to ask you to do something for me empking. Give me a Post by post of why you believe farside is scummy. I want to see it all aid out in one big post.

For now my vote stands.

P.S.: It's bad to tell a mod how to run his game just so you know. :P
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:42 am

Post by Tanarin »

EBWODP:
shaft.ed: Have you heard a peep out of TAX? He hasn't posted here since his choice.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:51 am

Post by Tanarin »

Emp, how do you know she never got a warning? I am of the same opinion as Korts and BSG that she got one in post, but she may have also gotten a PM. If you are indeed town, then right now your thickheadedness is going to hurt the town way more than it can ever help. Last I checked, a warning does not have to have the word Warning in the post it to count as one. I find it completely fair. Also you avoided my request yet again.
Tanarin wrote: I am going to ask you to do something for me empking. Give me a Post by post of why you believe farside is scummy. I want to see it all aid out in one big post.
Normally I am opposed to a lynch just because of a player being thichkheaded, but in this case it is way too distracting to the town as a whole and if todays lynch does happen, invalidates all of todays discussion IMO unless you are scum. The reason I say this is because for scum you are the easy lynch and you are giving them an easy out.

Anyway, think now may be a good time to also talk about using Wendy's/Penelope's ability. I personally say no on Wendy and yes on Penelope under the assumption that Wendy would be saved in case her new table is targetted (Which we don't know will be the case.) If that isn't the case though I see no problem right now with Seraphim getting Wendy tomorrow.

Seraphim, just so you know your vote just counts double from what I have seen from your role description. So a vote from you at this second will be a hammer whereas earlier. Though when you asked it would have put him at L-1. Also I would really rather wait until Sunday for any hammers if possible to give TAX and Shanba a chance to actually speak and give SOME input on Emp.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Tanarin »

OK then, re-reading again I think I see where the confusion is coming from so bear with me while I try to sort this out.

Farside seems to be counting from the time she suggested the ideas until the time she choose, while emp is just counting the time she asked him to give her a question until the time she chose. The problem starts when you two start arguing about the time frame and not referencing what times are actually in dispute. I need to re-read this a bit better to see who is right here, but it seems farside has been more consistent with keeping with her time frame. Your point on post 88 was the initial misinterpretation. Here is why. In post 82 she is going by her timetable hat the timer started when she first suggested the question. Post 85 is in reference to the fact that she waited 8 hours from the time she rolled to the time she chose. I see no conflict here TBH.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:05 am

Post by Tanarin »

EBWODP:
shaft.ed did you prod Shanba BTW it seems he may get through the day without making more than a single post and that just isn't fair.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:24 am

Post by Tanarin »

Yeah, but lets look at it in context Emp.
farside22 wrote:
Empking wrote:
Vote; Farside

Suggested the Ask Questions then let someone else pick your role but wouldn't go through with it.
I waited 12 hours you didn't say shit. Try again.
Also I didn't trust anyone not to jump the queue line. No one said boo in over 4 hours to my request or comments. I dare you to disprove that.
That was post 82 When she said 12 hours it seems clear to me that it was from the time she suggested the plan to the time she chose as that is what we had been talking about until that point.
farside22 wrote:Just to make things clear.
I did the roll waited 8 hours and gave up
. No one seemed interested in my idea. Yet you are voting me for not waiting longer. And you said nothing that day about it.
This is post 85, posted 3 minutes later (Bolded part added by me.) She clearly states the 8 hours is from the time she rolled to the time she chose. I see no conflict here as she clarified what time span she was talking about. So his 12 hour comment was the misinterpretation it seems.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:50 am

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba, I see your point in the neko vote, he has posted all of three things since the start of D1. The first being his random vote on Oman, the second calling the empking/farside thing not important and the third voting for empking. While that is indeed scummy because of the lurking and oppertunistic vote, I think right now we as the town need to find out if the 2 ton gorilla in the room that is empking is scum (Which I personally think is given his reactions,) or if he is just thickheaded town. Either way it is almost getting to the point that he is giving scum an easy out if they so want to take it if he is town. Even if he is scum, his buddies can easily bus him, which again leads us nowhere except maybe looking at neko as taking the easy bus.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:48 am

Post by Tanarin »

Empking...so she should have stayed up until Midnight her time so that she could make her pck for a game on the internet, instead of sleeping so that the kid she has (I'm assuming you have a kid farside from your avatar and your earlier posts,) doesn't wear her down even more. Yeah real logical there.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Oman, thanks for the input, but why is this a bad wagon? He is arguing a bad point right now. If anything, if he is really a townie, he is hurting us by distracting us from finding the real scum by arguing what are in all reality minor points.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:26 am

Post by Tanarin »

Empking wrote:
Tanarin wrote:Empking...so she should have stayed up until Midnight her time so that she could make her pck for a game on the internet, instead of sleeping so that the kid she has (I'm assuming you have a kid farside from your avatar and your earlier posts,) doesn't wear her down even more. Yeah real logical there.
Then she shouldn't have included people that wouldn't be up before she picked. She chose the plan. She rolled the dice. She didn't roll again. Its her duty to wait up, not my duty to wake up.
Well then, how is she supposed to know when you are up? Has she played games with you before so that she knows where you live?
neko2086 wrote:
...my (failed) vote is opportunistic, yet you agree that empking is scum...

Tanarin, sorry that I haven't posted a million times to argue about who said what when and how f-ing scummy that makes them. It's a ridiculous argument, and empking is insisting that he's got a fail-safe case on farside over an incredibly minor issue.
First off, it be nice to at least quote the whole sentence or even the whole post so that people can have some context here:
Tanarin wrote:Shanba, I see your point in the neko vote, he has posted all of three things since the start of D1. The first being his random vote on Oman, the second calling the empking/farside thing not important and the third voting for empking.
While that is indeed scummy because of the lurking and oppertunistic vote, I think right now we as the town need to find out if the 2 ton gorilla in the room that is empking is scum (Which I personally think is given his reactions,) or if he is just thickheaded town.
Either way it is almost getting to the point that he is giving scum an easy out if they so want to take it if he is town. Even if he is scum, his buddies can easily bus him, which again leads us nowhere except maybe looking at neko as taking the easy bus.
Bolded part by me.

Now then, yes your vote can be seen as opportunistic. You could easily be scum trying to dump his buddy and after voting. Saying you will post more later (Which I am assuming included a reason for the emp vote,) and then you come back without even announcing you were going on V/LA when addressed. Yeah I say that's opportunistic. Also how can you not be inspired by the argument, yet you VOTED empking for his actions in this argument?[/quote]
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Tanarin »

Again though, how is she supposed to know this without being told? If ya knew she would even attempt it, and she was making it clear she was, you should had said something. That is your responsibility, not hers.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #30) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Tanarin »

Yeah I do. But why did you unvote emping then if he is still worthy of a vote, afraid of the hammer?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Tanarin »

neko2086 wrote:
Tanarin

Thinks I am scum bussing a partner, but only after Shanba had already brought some complaints against me. Tanarin, how might your theory apply to orangepenguin or RogueShenanigans? You’ve made no mention of them in this context, and that worries me.
Neko, As far as orangepenguin is concerned, his vote could well be an attempt to distance himself/bus his buddy, since it was the vote that brought empking to L-1. Again, it's the easy out for scum at this point. His oint for him though is that he actually said his reasoning, which happened to be the same reasoning as what most of the other people are using currently.

As far as RS is concerned, he came relatively early in the wagon. His vote may not have been any attempt to distance himself, but re-reading the vote and the posts around it I noticed something:
Empking wrote:
Rogue Shenanigans wrote:
unvote, vote:empking

Ill just leave this here...
Please give reasons with your vote.

RS: Do you find repeatedly lying scummy?
RS never answered the question. In fact he has completely disappeared right after he made that vote
(Mod: Have you heard anything from him? It has been 4 days now.)
I think it would be nice to get some reasoning out of him as to why he made the vote at the time and how he feels about it now.

Shanba: I think you do have a point about us drifting. I think we all need to step back a moment and take a look at other people for a moment and see if we are missing anything. I know I said earlier that empking was blinding us to other possibilities. I'm not ready to remove my vote JUST yet, but I am willing to look at others, especially Oman as a few good points have been made against him the last few posts.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Alright, well I did a re-read of Oman and here is my comments on some of his posts:

Oman wrote:
BSG wrote:For those who still have to choose: Which ability would you have chosen if you were allowed to start and why?
For those who still have to choose: Do you think it will be good for us if you choose Wendy and why?
1. I would've chosen tracker. Simply because I think its one of the easiest roles to find scum with. Its not too dangerous as scum, but as town, it kicks them right in the nuts.
2. Wendy is an interesting role, personally. Scum should be NKing a day in advance. So instead of killing the tracker they kill the anytime mason instead! Oh boy, wouldn't that be fantastic. And it works in reverse! Scum try to kill empking because they expect wendy to hold it and BANG they shoot him alright, but he wasn't the tracker AHAHAHA. Me personally, no, because I lost that right in SG-1 Mafia when I had a 50% chance of winning and a 50% chance of losing. I chose wrong and vollkan killed us.
Farside wrote:@Oman sure it's insight into my thoughts you get, but I think taking away a PR from scum or someone you think is scum based on questions or comments is a better route to go.
Only for a day or two, Godmother, then they get it anyway. No I'd prefer to open up analysis now.

Wendy's ability can really screw with the scum, so in short, fuck the subvote. Korts, you're turning a role powerful in its inherant choas into predictability.

Farside, you seem addicted to discussing things that should be left up to the player. Sure, we don't know everyone's motives, but at some point we have to trust that if people are town, they're smart enough, and if people are scum, we're smart enough to catch them. This is probably what it was like when directing the cop was still cool.
I have no problem with the first part of this post, his reasoning is sound enough. The second part, I am kinda disturbed he was the only one who was vocal about NOT having a subvote for Wendy's ability. I don't think this is necessarily a tell of any kind but something worth noting.
Oman wrote:
neko2086 wrote:Oooh, double-voting yourself must be twice as scummy as regular self-voting :P

vote: Oman

So much WIFOM and the game hadn't even started yet!
Vote: Neko2086
OMGUS+you should have voted the guy you thought was scummy :)
BSG wrote:What if a pro-town player has a strong ability? Should we give him a weaker role the next day only because another player is hurting us with his picked role?
No, we shouldn't. The roles will rotate a fair bit through, most scum will get a powerful role eventually.
His answer to BSG is kind of weird. BSG was asking about pro-town players and he answers the question as if she was asking about scum.
BSG wrote:Just vote if you want to, Seraphim. If you're afraid that you or other players will lynch accidentaly due to your ability, then just put how many votes the player you have voted for has at that point.

Also, why are some players already sub-voting regarding Wendy? What are the reasons for discussing it right here and now?

Also, Seraphim, why did you vote yourself?
Tan, why did you vote the mod?
Mod, why is Tan's vote against you not counted?
Seems to have forgotten about how Seraphim's role works here. Maybe a slip just because of the fact that the DV in this game doesn't work quite the same as we are used to. He also seems to be prodding Searphim to vote haphazardly, especially after Seraphim made it clear he does not want to do that.
Oman wrote:
Seraphim wrote:It was a random vote. Is there a problem?
Its pointless, and forms it on yourself. Neither the fact of who you vote, nor your reaction to being voted give us any information.

Also, if you are scum it allows you from comitting to either voting or ignoring your scum partners.

In short, its an anti-town act in most situations.
I dunno here. I think Seraphim did get some reactions from a couple of people (Korts and BSG). Also calling it anti-town is a bit harsh IMO.
Oman wrote:I'm not saying its scummy, I'm saying its pointless Shanba. He doesn't deserve votes for it, but its not something that should be done often.

Also, Seraphim, from a game theory standpoint it wasn't really useful for you today either.
Well he only did it once, and most people would not do it during the core of the game proper, so I don't see why you are concerned about one random self vote. These last two posts seem to be the harshest reactions to the self vote Seraphim got.
Oman wrote:Sitting back watching. I don't know empking, and I don't know farside well enough,.
SO he delares he is lurking. I don;'t know any of the players other than Shanba, (and even then IRC meta does not always translate to forum meta,) and that didn't stop me from asking questions and getting involved.
Oman wrote:I uh...look....

I'm ggetting a huge townie read off farside right now. Empking is going in circles, but I just can't get over the fact that I always want to lynch empking, he's not unreadable, he's just crazy.

Anyway, I'm going to hold on for a while. If Neko doesn't mind the vote staying there, there is nothing to gain from pulling it off.

My favourite line so far "Am I to assume there are powerroles and Powerroles are scum?" In a

SMALLTOWN. BAHAHAHAHA!
Not adding too much here, just kinda saying that farside is giving off town vibes and how he always wants to lynch empking. Also made fun of an Empkig line, though I will admit it was kinda funny when empkng said it.
Oman wrote:Indeed farside. I'm pretty much with you on that entire post, but I just can't seem to convince myself that he needs a lynching.
OK fair enough but more on this later.

Random chit-chat until this post 270 where he says emp is the bad wagon. Then once prodded for a reason he gives this.
Oman wrote:
Tanarin wrote:Oman, thanks for the input, but why is this a bad wagon? He is arguing a bad point right now. If anything, if he is really a townie, he is hurting us by distracting us from finding the real scum by arguing what are in all reality minor points.
Seraphim nails my problems with the wagon in the previous two posts. 1. This doens't seem to be scummy for Empking, you're lynching him for being what you see to be a VI.

2. I would hate to lose the tracker role. I'm not adverse to lynching someone due to role at all, but I would hate to lose it over something that doesn't convince me in the slightest. I respectfully think that farside is too close to this and is behaving as such becuase of her direct involvment in the argument. Not to say I don't love you farside :D
Wait, you agreeded with farside in post 203 that emp was scummy yet now say he is just the VI?! When did this change of heart come along? Also you are afraid of losing the tracker role, which I know you valued back in pregame. I think losing a role should not be a concern if that person is acting scummy. Scum is scum even in a smalltown setup like this. And how were you not convinced, you even admit you were close to lynching him about 70 posts earlier.
Oman wrote:Yeah, I know how that happens, you get caught up in that confirmation bias-type play.

Hmm...I'm adverse to an Empking lynch, but can't think of where else to go except:

NEKO! where were you?
Now you are comfortable with an emp lynch should it happen only after talking to faside. Which way are you leaning, lynch or no lynch on empking?
Oman wrote:
Unvote,

Vote Empking

I smell a rat.
Apparently that talk with farside did a lot. Now you vote empking and say you smell a rat.
Oman wrote:Ya, if I wanted him lynched, more than likely would've hammered instead of letting you come off.

Let me know when your reread is done, I want to ask questions of others, but I'm giving you my spotlight for now (don't freak, its all misdirection).
Seems like you are trying to avoid being the hammer vote to make it look less scummy here, and how does misdirection actually help the town again? Also once again trying to keep the spotlight off of you. Any reason you are avoiding it this game? BTW you never answered the question, why did you smell a rat?
Oman wrote:
Unvote
Worried this will happen before Korts says something.
... Why be worred, Obviously Seraphim wasn't voting and everyone else who was active was not going to hammer right away or was already on the wagon.
Oman wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Oman wrote:
Unvote
Worried this will happen before Korts says something.
Why are you voting for Emp? What is your thoughts on Korts have to do with Emp?
Remind me about this after Korts' reread and I'll give full disclosure.
Why are you waiting for Korts? Why not just answer now. I don't see any reason why your answer needs to be so tied Korts re-read.
Oman wrote:
Neko wrote: Wait, what happened? Why do you keep waffling on Empking?

I'm not, its still a bad wagon.
So voting then unvoting within a few posts is not waffling now? If you really thought it was a bad wagon why even vote in the first place?

So basically he seems to be getting more and more shady each post from what I am seeing, and now he is mysteriously tying himself to Korts. This has me worried, especially if Oman just happens to be scum.

FoS: Oman
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Edit to my last Post: Apparently I accidently quoted BSG as opposed to Oman. That BSG quote should have been this:
Oman wrote:
Seraphim wrote:I just want to say, random voting aside, that I will not be throwing my vote around helter-skelter. Seeing as I have the ability of starting a bandwagon almost single-handedly and to hammer at L-2 today, I will be watching carefully. So I will only vote for someone if I am sure if they are scum.

Now, for my thoughts on other things...

I think farside and Empking's argument is pointless.

I also think that we shouldn't use Korts power tonight.

Vote: No
Pfft, grow a pair. Two votes is not a bad thing D1. Being more careful in later days is a bigger point. SRSLY!
Notes stay though.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Oman wrote:
Tanarin wrote: Seems to have forgotten about how Seraphim's role works here. Maybe a slip just because of the fact that the DV in this game doesn't work quite the same as we are used to. He also seems to be prodding Searphim to vote haphazardly, especially after Seraphim made it clear he does not want to do that.
This part of the Oman reread is actually BSG, I couldn't tell if you were away.
Thus why I made the post afterward when I realized accidentally quoted the wrong post.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Wow... I think Shanba just summarized the entire case against Emping and made it quite well. I think emp does indeed need to step back and look at the rest of us before dedicating himself anymore on farside. Heck, let's up things a notch. Empking, go out and do a Post by post on me. The way I see things, it will at least get you to reread the thread and it may get you to look at others.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Post by Tanarin »

I can get behind a RS wagon, if only to get some sort of info out of him.

Unvote

Vote: RS

I'll get on a re-read of RS right now.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #37) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:51 am

Post by Tanarin »

Empking wrote:Can somebody explain why RS is scummier than, BSG for example? Is it because RS posts hust enough not be replaced?

I think the case on RS but it seems to me to be a lurker vote (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

The cases that other people have done on Neko anfd his recent reactions.

Vote: Neko

Korts: Yes, scum do have a motivation for it.
OK, just figured I point this out, but holy shit, he is actually looking at someone else. Anyway, once I get unbusy and untired, I'll post up a some quick thoughts on the other happenings we have had going on.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:18 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Neko, I want to ask you something about your PGO choice (Surprising I know). In general, do you think PGO is more helpful to town or to scum? Also, when you originally chose PGO and explaned the choice, you said you didn't want to have a load of responsibility. If that was the case, why not just choose one of the Masons then? They were both open at the time you chose.

Shanba: You mentioned you had no strong scum leads but a few strong Town Leads. Mind sharing them with us so we can see where your mind is ATM? In fact let's open ths up to everyone. Who do you have strong town leads on? Let's see where the town stands at the moment. Maybe we can get our act together and find out who to look at.

Personally I am getting Good Town vibes off of Korts, MafiaSSK and Shanba. I am getting some town vibes from farside by the way she defended herself during the empking thing, but I need to go back and go do another read now that things have calmed down a bit to see if maybe I missed something earlier.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #39) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Tanarin »

neko2086 wrote:
2. At this point, only the scum can be 100% of who is scum and who is town. I think it's always good sign if someone is looking in multiple places with good reasoning, even if it brings negative attention to a townie.
OK, looking multiple places is all fine and dandy, and negative attention to a townie is going to happen as it is part of the game. Question was though, how is bringing negative attention to oneself a town move, especially when said townie has not been the cleanest person in the game AND is currently up there on the vote count.

Has anyone seen Shaft.ed BTW?
so...I guess you want a votecount then
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #40) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 am

Post by Tanarin »

Neko: I never said you did try to purposefully bring attention to yourself. And I think I clearly read the question. How does redirecting the questioning onto yourself a town move? Because in essence that is what you have done.

Oman: Sorry for ignoring you, I didn't intend to. Anyway I'm getting town vibes from the talks I am having with him as a mason buddy.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #41) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:01 pm

Post by Tanarin »

neko2086 wrote:Then I am confused as to what you're trying to say, Tan. You're
not
saying that I'm trying to bring attention to myself, but you
are
saying that I'm redirecting questioning to myself. What distinction are you making, and how does it make me scummy, exactly?
I never said you were scummy. I don't know where you got that idea. Now answer the question. How dose redirecting the questioning onto oneself help the town? You may not believe you have, but I don't think you would have received as much attention as you have been if you didn't point out Shanba was indeed looking elsewhere, especially considering the attention the empking/farside thing was getting at the time.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #42) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by Tanarin »

MafiaSSK wrote:
Oman wrote:Any reason?
Why are you being so indecisive, first you tell us you have no reason to kep a vote on Neko, now you go and vote him anyway? What did you see that made you change your mind?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #43) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote:I agree about RS and the quote you brought up where concerns I had. I just think it's wrong to push a lynch against a player that may or may not show back up. And replacements just forget it about getting answers on what the heck the other player was thinking.
OK, let me ask everyone here, Given what we know and where we are, should RS be replaced now, would you keep your vote on him, or would you be willing to unvote him and see what happens. Personally, I would be willing to unvote him, as there isn't enough to actually go by as far as a solid scum/town vibe goes. My vote was personally a pressure vote in hopes to get him to post. Now if it was later and his actions screamed "HEY EVERYONE I'M SCUM," Then I would have no mercy, replacement or oherwise.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by Tanarin »

BSG wrote: @Tanarin
I'm not sure what to think of you yet. At post 254, you say that you think that Empking is scum. However, in that same post, you also say that we as town should find out if he's scum or a thickheaded townie. So why aren't you trying to find this out as you suggested this?
Because as emp posted more and more I came to realize that he was just being thickheaded as opposed to scum. This became apparent after his suggestion that farside must be scum as she wasn't modkilled.
Then comes your case against Oman. You FoSed him for your actions. He gives his comments about your case. But you never responded to it. Why is that and could you do so? Could you also point your main arguments out of that post?
Sorry I should have at least acknowledged his post better, but I felt as if he was being honest with his answers, and there really wasn't an argument, I was just trying to look at others as it seemed everyone at the time was fixated on Emp and failing to look elsewhere.
Following are your attacks against Neko. Which are quite confusing as I don't understand one thing of it. The only argument that I do understand what you mean is the argument that he has an opportunistic vote against Empking which other players had as well.
I'm sorry for the confusion there. What I was trying to ask was how helping redirect attention, knowing that the attention is going to be on you, is a pro-town move. I thought I made it clear earlier, but I guess I didn't. For that I am sorry.
Finally you switch your vote after some attacks on Oman and to a lesser extent Neko (as the above points against Neko (except the opportunistic vote agument) didn't happen yet) to RS to get him talking. Which I find quite strange after your attacks against Oman and Empking.
As i said earlier, the Oman PBPA wasn't so much an attack as much as an attempt to get people to look at others before. And at that point it should have been clear that emp was just being dumb.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote:
Shanba wrote:@Farside: No, there isn't. If you look... I'm suspicious of both.
Alright fair enough.

unvote:
vote: Neko

I stand by the not lyncing a player not here. There would be no information gained and I think Hider is an informative role.
How exactly is hider an info role, especially in a setup where late game they can both kill and hide at the same time should that person be scum, AND also survive a NK should they happen to be solo scum, AND possibly a chance of scum having a superkill as well?

@OP, How exactly do you feel his wagon "Fell apart conviently?" It became obvious he was just being a thickheaded townie, and it is still showing now. You don't lynch for stupidity unless it is a real threat to the town losing. Right now, that threat does not exist.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:43 pm

Post by Tanarin »

I think you may want to re-read hider there. Frida will not die if the target is scum. So t is completely possible that she hides behind scum and still lives until tomorrow.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #47) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:19 am

Post by Tanarin »

@OP: I never said he gets a free pass., just that being a complete idiot is not worth a lynch.

@Oman: I still don't feel that not voting someone based on role is stupid. Also, since it is obvious that a role is useful, wouldn't scum know it as well and target that role. If anything scum will most likely target either the Doc or the tracker tonight, as both roles harm them more than help them.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (isolation #48) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba, I almost completely agree with you right now with your role ranking. Only thing I would personally move up is the RB as that ca be useful later once we know just how many scum groups we have. Otherwise I think you are pretty spot on. Also, DV is indeed a liability late game unless we KNOW that the person getting it is town/we are down to solo scum and are stuck between two people, then DV could give us the ability to double lynch.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #49) » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:29 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Alright, since a replacement is being sought for RS

Unvote
for now
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #50) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Tanarin »

While we are at it, can we get BSG to do the same (State her case against EMP.) As she is the only other one on the wagon who is still active currently.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Post by Tanarin »

hohum wrote: What I care about is the fact that he's gone COMPLETELY off the rails over something so moot. All he's really been doing over the last half dozen pages or so is picking fights. He isn't helping us by being overly defensive and throwing temper tantrums, he's only hurting us. That is my justification for my vote.
But do you really ant to lynch someone for basically being dumb as hell? Sadly while I do see the merits of getting rid of the deadweight early. It won't be happening today as long as Emp remains the tracker, and f we are really going to consider roles in our lynches, unless BSG's replacement changes him tonight, he will be the role switcher tomorrow.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Tanarin »

Xtoxm wrote:You sir, are an ass.

Anyway, just looking at the roles, I think the only ones we should consider for today's lynch are:

Mason
Role Switcher
Switch Blocker

All the others are some kind of useful, for their power, or producing results and stuff.

I think a chronic lurker lynch on a useless mason is great for D1.
While I do agree with you about Mason being pretty weak, I have to disagree with you ranking the two roles that directly effect the rotation of the roles so lowly. Being able to freeze the rotation or switch out roles when we want to preserve a good town role is mighty powerful. Yes this could be used to scum's advantage as well. But I hardly rank it as weak as you have it.

Also I still don;t like the line of thought that we need to not lynch someone because of role. I think people are underestimating just how close in theory we are to lylo. In case you have all forgotten, it's 2 days from now if we whiff on our first two lynches. This is also assuming we somehow don't have an SK beside the regular scum and assuming a 3 person scum group as opposed to a 4. If we have a 4 Person Scum group, (which I doubt, but shaft.ed has suggested is possible,) Then we are in a lylo situation tomorrow. So I think we do need to get over this whole lynch based on role thing real quick unless we want to be burned.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Tanarin »

EBWODP:

BTW, Here is something else we have to remember. We all got our alignment before we chose our role. Now I doubt scum were not allowed to talk to each other during the draft portion of the game. SO I think we have to assume that odds are at least one scum is indeed in a power role (If not all three/four,) and at worse case positioned themselves to get a strong role tomorrow. So by not lynching someone based solely on role, we could be potentially giving scum a bye day here.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #54) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Tanarin »

Emp, may I ask you something. Why do you feel the need to post with an alt in this game? Especially after the mod has asked that people don't do that? If there is a legit reason I would understand, but is it that difficult to log in with your regular nick and post?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:48 pm

Post by Tanarin »

orangepenguin wrote:
Korts wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:But if we lynch scum with a role you consider good today, day 2, we could lynch another scum, and then day 3..

I don't think we should base lynch choice off of role. That just gives scum with good roles a free pass and another day to slip by. Possibly lynching scum all three days (unlikely, I know), not basing choice entirely on role, then will it matter at all if we don't have a tracker, or whatever? No, because we'd be this much closer to winning. I see what you're saying though, but I think it's silly to not lynch a scummy person just because they have a role that is considered good.
Transcript: no really I want us to get rid of any useful power roles along with the shiny mislynches.

The point you're missing is that there is no difference technically in lynching Empking today and tomorrow, except that the tracker role stays in play (which is a GOOD thing, since town has great use for it and scum doesn't.)

Also, you're pushing the Empking wagon on a "why not" basis, addressing the point of lynching today compared to tomorrow instead of the point that he hasn't done anything scummy (boneheaded yes, scummy no).
Translation: Korts is trying to twist my words around, to give them a scummy meaning.

There is no difference in when we lynch Empking. That is true. I guess, if the tracker role helps catch scum, by keeping scum around an extra day, then it might be worth it, I suppose. You have a point there.
OK, Well what were to happen if the person we DO lynch does not flip scum? Then do we waste our second day lynching empking anyway and possibly going LYLO? I mean I can see seriously considering a lynch of emp if we happen to lynch scum today as we will have the breathing room. Also, we need to consider if we want to keep the role switcher around as emp is due to become that role tomorrow should he make it that far.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (isolation #56) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:37 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Korts wrote:
farside wrote:So you believe Emp is a mislynch now?
Are we forgeting about a RB, Role switch and all those things that help and could prevent a kill?
Haha, read what I say again. I try to point out that in a general worst case scenario presuming 9:3 town:mafia without third party would still allow for an Empking mislynch; note that I'm making assumptions for a worst case scenario where Empking would be the D2 lynch. The point I'm making is that Tanarin is being too much of a doomsayer here.
Maybe I am worrying too much, Korts.

So as of now, it seems the town as a whole is leaning towards a Neko lynch from the comments I have seen thrown around. SSK, I know you have been working on that Neko PBPA, maybe now would be a good time to throw it up here. Though OP is starting to look like someone we should consider, as he seems to be the only one really pushing the whole lynch emp today thing.

@SSK: No, I highly doubt it would be any sort of scumtactic. I'm just asking why. Though if you were to use his logic from earlier, the act that he wasn't modkilled means he must be scum.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #57) » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Tanarin »

Hey I didn't use the logic originally, emp did during the farside thing. I was just using said logic sarcastically.

@EMP: Post 541. Usually if a mod "asks" you to do something, it's usually more of a Don't do it type thing.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #58) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:14 am

Post by Tanarin »

Hmm... Korts, you have a good point there. That comment does seem like he is trying to deflect attention from neko more than actually having a legit reason to suspect OP. That on top of Neko's lack of activity makes me really want to consider a Neko lynch now. Infact, considering this and Admiral's post.

Vote: Neko

I still don't see how PGO is good for town to have or why it was selected so early.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #59) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:20 am

Post by Tanarin »

@Admiral: Personally, right now I feel that a person keeping the same role this early is a bad thing. If you do swap someone, swap a role you fear possible scum will get tomorrow a opposed to swapping in order for you to keep a role. It is far more valuable that way. SO if you really think emp may be scum swap yourself with say....my role. Infact that ay be the best move as I do not feel we should axe the role swap blocker yet and I don't want EMP on it, which would happen if you did opt to keep your role.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #60) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Tanarin »

neko2086 wrote:My lack of activity is based on having said pretty much all I can have said. People seem determined to lynch me, and it also seems that some of them are more motivated to just be rid of the role.

If I could do it again, I would have picked a different role. At the time, I just thought, hey, I don't want scum to have that role.

Anyway, I would like to hear more from thAdmiral, SSK, and Xtoxm.

unvote; vote: Xtoxm

The hider is a pretty useless role, too, if that's the ruling logic of today's lynch.
So? That means just because you have said your opinion that means you can't contribute in other ways like questioning? Surely you have had more opinions since post 506, which BTW is when you voted Seraphim/hohum. The only other posts that I see is you saying you will post soon asking Xtoxm his thoughts on who he thinks is scum. Granted the latter is some contribution, but is still seems as if you are coasting.

@SSK: So when will we see a neko PBPA? Or do I need to go and get it all set up?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #61) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 am

Post by Tanarin »

Xtoxm wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:I can go with a me-lynch, I don't see any point in keeping my role.

Unvote Vote Xtoxm

Don't blame me if SSK kills the game again, though.
So you either want town to waste a lynch or your so actively fed up with this game that you hate your role and yet again want to waste a lynch.

Also has it looked like I've been killing the game, Xtoxm? Have you seen a major lack of activitiy recently?
Today isn't about scumhunting, it's about killing a useless role.
Now why would you say that? You should always be scumhunting. No matter if it is D1 or D5. There may be useless roles, but to say that a player should be lynched based solely on his role's usefulness is just as bad as not lynching obvscum when they are on a good role. In fact, this may almost be worse, as this could be an excuse to lynch a good player who just happens to be on a less useful role.

Unvote

For those people who have played with Xtoxm before, can you please describe his playstyle for me. And to SSK, is this how he gets when he is town who hates his role or scum who hates his role, since you seem to have played with him before when he has done this.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (isolation #62) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Tanarin »

Xtoxm, I wanted to ask in my last post directed to you but at the time I was busy, so I am going to ask this now. Why do YOU think today isn't about scumhunting?

@Shanba: You say you are refusing to lynch someone based on role, wouldn't that in essence be a form of voting based on role. In this case excluding roles from being lynched as opposed to lynching someone based on the usefulness of their role? (Which is what Xtoxm is proposing.) The way I interpreted hohum's two camps would put you in Camp 1, again though excluding as opposed to including certain roles.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #63) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:21 am

Post by Tanarin »

Xtoxm, I honestly find your vote on farside as utter BS. At no time did you even suggest that farside could be scum then you suddenly throw a vote on her when she votes you? This after the fact you vote yourself. I mean the only vote RS made to farside was a random lynch WAY back at the beginning. That vote went relatively quickly to empking after that.

Honestly, I just find your vote TOO OMGUS for my taste. If you honestly believed that farside was a good lynch, you would have voted her earlier on.

[/b]Vote: Xtoxm[/b]
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (isolation #64) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:12 am

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote:
Tanarin wrote:Xtoxm, I honestly find your vote on farside as utter BS. At no time did you even suggest that farside could be scum then you suddenly throw a vote on her when she votes you? This after the fact you vote yourself. I mean the only vote RS made to farside was a random lynch WAY back at the beginning. That vote went relatively quickly to empking after that.

Honestly, I just find your vote TOO OMGUS for my taste. If you honestly believed that farside was a good lynch, you would have voted her earlier on.

Vote: Xtoxm
I didn't vote for him. I did imply interest in voting him and his actions are questionable.
You didn't? I swore I saw you do so. Still, his vote was uncalled for and I still feel my vote is fine right here.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (isolation #65) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:39 pm

Post by Tanarin »

And it isn't a three way, he missed my vote all together.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (isolation #66) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Tanarin »

It showed up in your quote as bolded....

Vote: Xtoxm

Lets try that.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #67) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Post by Tanarin »

ThAdmiral wrote: I was also thinking that if we kept the pgo, the role switcher (for tonight me) could swap it to whoever was most likely to be nk'd and hopefully get the scum. However this also could be fatal for the doc so maybe not a good idea.
Doesn't work like that, even though the swap happens before the kill. The abilities for the night "stick" to he person who currently has them.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #68) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:04 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Well, you still think empking is the lynch then? Right now, I just don't see him as the lynch TBH. As I said before I am taking his actions this day as more idiotic as opposed to scummy. At this point the only thing that may make me change to Neko is if he does something else really scummy.

Also, are we sure we don't have a Jester in this setup? Just because we know the roles doesn't mean someone does not have the jester wincon. If this is the case and Xtoxm does indeed have this wincon, it may be even more of a reason to axe him now. Honestly, that is the ONLY thing that could explain the selfvote in my mind.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (isolation #69) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:33 am

Post by Tanarin »

hohum wrote:
Korts wrote:I tried to block rotation last night, but it seems it didn't go through. Now either I sent it too soon (I sent it before post 701 had been posted) or farside blocked me. I sent a pm to shaft.ed asking for clarification on whether my choice had been accepted as valid.
It isn't going to matter anymore anyways since the role switcher is dead now. We're stuck with the roles we have for the duration of the game. Mine is a useless role.
Hohum, we will still rotate roles. All the switcher did is allow us to swap two tables and place the girls where we want them.

Also, it looks like ThAdmiral didn't swap empking. I wonder if he was blocked as well.

Korts: There are two RBs in this game, one from Farside and the other from the JOAT. So why jump on farside so quickly? Also, why did you feel you needed to use your ability? I thought the general consensus was that the Rotation switcher would not be used unless we agreed as a town to use it. Personally, I am thinking the scum group is Korts/Empking/OP right now. Farside blocking korts was if anything the right move and possibly the only move she could have done.

Vote:Korts
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #717 (isolation #70) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Tanarin »

Well I still don't like the fact that yo assumed it was farside without even asking if it was OP. That comes of as if you knew what he was going to do. That, and the fact that we know ThAdmiral was planning on swapping and yet said swap never happened draws a very strong link between you and OP. So again, why jump on farside so quickly?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (isolation #71) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Tanarin »

MafiaSSK wrote:I'm curious about Empking's results.
This and also curious if OP did indeed block like it seems like he did.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #72) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK, you got a result PM saying I didn't do anything, yet OP claims to have jailkeeped ya. I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I think I see a conflict of claims here.

Unvote

I'm gonna need to think about about this some, but today's vote has to be one of empking or OP from what I can tell.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #73) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Tanarin »

Korts wrote:
Tanarin wrote:OK, you got a result PM saying I didn't do anything, yet OP claims to have jailkeeped ya. I dunno about the rest of you guys, but I think I see a conflict of claims here.

Unvote

I'm gonna need to think about about this some, but today's vote has to be one of empking or OP from what I can tell.
No result usually encompasses being blocked as well as targetting someone without a night action. Otherwise it'd be all to clear who was blocked and who wasn't.
But Korts, I assume you were told in your PM that you were blocked, correct? Maybe not in the exact phrase of course, but via flavor you would have gotten the idea you were blocked in your PM. Most games I have been in on other forums usually have a flavorful way of saying you were blocked.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #74) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:32 am

Post by Tanarin »

hohum wrote:last half of my question still stands though. Who did you protect last night and why?
You may want to check what I was last night, hohum. I was the mason with SSK. How can I protect someone when I was not the doctor last night. If you want to know who the doc protected last night, ask Oman.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #75) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Tanarin »

EBWODP:

Also hohum, as I said in my last post, Most other forum games I have been in, you usually get some sort of PM indicating that you were blocked. So let's just assume for a second that Korts is telling the truth and that he did not receive a PM saying he was blocked. Why did empking get a PM saying I didn't take an action. Wouldn't it stand to reason that emp, being an info role, would not have received said PM at all then?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #76) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:10 am

Post by Tanarin »

Day 1 Roles wrote:1. MafiaSSK
TAX
-Anytime Mason
2. hohum
Seraphim
-Double Voter
3. Korts-Role Swapping Blocker
4. Shanba-Target Sensor
5. farside22-Roleblocker
6. Empking-Tracker
7. ThAdmiral
BSG
-Role Switcher
8. Tanarin-Anytime Mason
9. Xtoxm
Rogue Shenanigans
-Hider
10. Oman-Doctor
11. neko2086-PGO
12. orangepenguin-JoaT
Would you like to try again hohum?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #77) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:21 am

Post by Tanarin »

Thank you.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #78) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OP, if you really felt that Emp was scum, why did you not use a regular RB instead? It would have done the same thing and not waste the protect that jailkeep grants
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #79) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote:
What is the big deal. If the town decides he doesn't use it and he does he gets lynched. The role is not that powerful.

I like my vote.
Does that mean you are going to consider potential power of a role before voting someone today?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #80) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:28 am

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba wrote:Shanba didn't target anyone, as Shanba was the sensor last night. No one targeted me, though.

This Korts thing is all so much hot air. I really don't like the mysterious evaporating wagon on him.
FoS: Tanarin, hohum.
That is just... ugh. I understand farside's reasoning, and I don't think it's a bad thing to be pushing, but hohum jumps on with a weakass reason and then backs down in a massively scummy manner. Tanarin's vote also strikes me the wrong way, but it's not as bad as hohum.

Even after Xtoxm is dead, people are massively mischaracterising the case against him... it was never, from my perspective, about lurking.
As I said before, I didn't lie the fact that he immediately goes and blames farside for blocking him when he knows we had a JOAT in the mix as well. It just smelled like he already knew what OP did when he made that post. That and the fact he KNEW we wanted emp off of Tracker and his attempted use of his ability would have prevented it just felt wrong.

P.S.: Korts wanted to know my connection reasoning, here it is. By blocking the rotation AND blocking the swap we were expecting from ThAdmiral, it would have kept emp on Tracker. Given the reluctance some people had to lynch him based on role, that would have been a perfect setup for scum to get one of their own on to day 3 with what basically amounts to a free pass. Since farside already claimed blocking Korts, it left OP as the blocker on ThAdmiral. Mind you this was before OP claimed to have jailkeeped Emp last night.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #81) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by Tanarin »

SSK... You don't get a choice in the matter, it's automatically a double vote.
Table 2 wrote:
Priscilla the Princess
Double Voter
: Priscilla has always been privelaged and popular. She has gotten used to having her voice heard above everyone else's and has gained this power amongst her speed dating cohort. Each day whoever is with Priscilla will have their vote counted as double. However, since Priscilla is always right she will not separate her double vote between two players, that would demonstrate a lack of self-confidence.
Now may be a good time for everyone to not only read what their current role does, it seems everyone has forgotten already.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (isolation #82) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba: jus saw your post and just a MINOR nitpick. There was a kill, unless of course ThAdmiral is actually a Ken Kesey. >.>

(If you play on IRC you would get this one.)
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #83) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 am

Post by Tanarin »

Oman wrote:I agree blocking the tracker was a move I may not have done. However, if Empking truly was as scummy as everyone says he was, that wasn't really an issue.

Anyway, why are people not voting emp now? Specifically as it was said one of the biggest oppositions was the fact that he was a tracker.

Korts' move was a bit dog, but there isn't much we can do about that is there? Except that the kill went through, which tells us a lot if Korts is mafia. Also, there has been no evidence of it yet, but there could be an SK. Simple fact is most smalltowns have one, however this one is different because mafia knew they could pick mafia roles at the beginning, balancing it out.

I don't see how I'd help anyone by claiming my target. Suffice to say I protected someone who I thought would be an interesting kill by the mafia. I.e. I determined the most likely and the most dangerous kill and protected against the most dangerous.
It is probably because of the fact that we don't want to speed lynch emp, and the fact that quite a few people decided his action were dumb as opposed to scummy.

Also, I don't think it was so much the fact that emp was blocked as the fact he was JAILKEEPED that some people are not happy about. We just lost our only other protect and if Emp was town and he died, that could tell us a lot about the mafia and who it may or may not be.

As for the korts thing, well you know where I stand on it.

I don't see any reason to hide who you protected last night. I think the info that would be gathered if you happen to die and flip town could be very valuable.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (isolation #84) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:49 am

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba wrote:The problem I have with roleblocking empking is this:

"Most of the other town seemed to agree with me that he was scum, but didn't want to lynch him becuase of his role."

if you roleblock him, well... doesn't that negate the point of his role anyway? :S
Shanba, I don't think most of the to thought emp was scum. I think most of the town thought he was being stupid town. Saying that I can see the logic in a regular roleblock from those who did think that he was scum. While it is indeed not good that he was blocked, it is better than giving him a free pass and possibly letting a potential scum emp make the kill.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (isolation #85) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Hey sorry about the lack of posts, I'll re-read and contribute something tomorrow.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (isolation #86) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote:
Shanba wrote:farside: day 1, you suggested a plan that you abandoned because no one went through with it. Korts suggested a plan which he did not go through with. What is the difference?
My plan had time constraints and concerns about people choosing roles at a certain time which was 12 hours.
Korts had 5 weeks to talk about using the ability or not. We talked about it in the beginning and most everyone who discussed said not to use it. He never brought it up and chose to use it despite what he said. 5 weeks vs 12 hours. You tell me the difference.
I think the other distinction you have to make Shanba is the fact that farsid's plan relied on other people to work, Kort's plan relied on HIMSELF to not use his ability.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (isolation #87) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 am

Post by Tanarin »

neko2086 wrote: Tanarin, Korts' plan also required the participation of everyone to give an opinion on how to use the role toward the end of the day. Sure, he didn't ask for it, which I think is unfortunate, but we all forgot about it. The voting we took at the beginning of the day was stale by the end, so I don't really blame him for considering it useless. It was mentioned a couple times that the early voting on the issue was pretty useless anyway.
True, but it wasn't forgotten by everyone. I know I asked about it at least once closer to the end of the day once the Xtoxm wagon started going, but apparently was ignored.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (isolation #88) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba, personally I'm not convinced on the emp wagon. I got the feeling yesterday he was stupid scum, and while I am leaning heavily towards OP, I still don't feel like voting him quite yet.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #89) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:34 am

Post by Tanarin »

Korts wrote:The case on MafiaSSK is not just the vote to L-1 on OP--that is a big point, but there is also the talk about a non-existent case when he had barely accused OP ever.

So please get a lynch together people.
Why does his comment strike me as him not caring who gets lynched, just as long as someone gets lynched?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (isolation #90) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

Post by Tanarin »

Neko: Basically we were concerned about his lack of posting and his behavior, I know in the end I felt i was scummy but not enough to vote on at the time.

@Shanba Post 883: I wanted to address this earlier, but like has been keeping me busy. Shanba, I believe you sad in your first post about my passivity that I do it as town and scum, if this is the case wouldn't that be a null tell for me? I know I ave not been as active as some people like farside or korts, but I fell as if I am trying my best. Also, you say I am the scummiest of the three. If this is the case why not vote me as opposed to OP. You said s yourself that you were unhappy wit an OP vote. Kinda seems like you are contradicting yourself here. I know how you are and if you felt I was as scummy as you said you feel I am, you would vote me despite any wagons and try push the case. I have not seen this from you.

FoS: Shanba
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #91) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by Tanarin »

neko2086 wrote:Thank you, Tan.

This got me thinking, what did you think of SSK while/after talking to him in private?

SSK, same question about Tan.
As I mentioned during D1 I got mostly town vibes off of him, though towards the end things did trail off communication wise. Only reason I didn't say anything is because I knew he was busy. (Seeing him on IRC and all.)
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (isolation #92) » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:06 am

Post by Tanarin »

farside22 wrote: I don't belive SSK is scum. I prefer OP, emp still like Korts but I think my comment is going on deaf ears at this point.
Just a refresher, which comment are you referring to exactly?
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (isolation #93) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:46 pm

Post by Tanarin »

OK Oman, while these pictures are funny, they don't help us find scum. In the time it tales you to make/find the pictures, upload them, and then post them, you could had made a constructive post that may actually moves this game along.

Vote: Oman

Seriously, I don't see the point of what you are doing. I think there may be something else going on here.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1022 (isolation #94) » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 pm

Post by Tanarin »

No one ever said you couldn't have fun, but it would be nice to contribute something as well as opposed to posting what amounts to nothing. I had NO problem with the fiat post and if you did at least some analysis on another player the second post I would have had no problem as well. Just posting a picture for the sake of posting a picture though does not help in any way. I also like to remind people we have a deadline apporching in
8 DAYS
So I do think we need to get serious here...and fast.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1169 (isolation #95) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Tanarin »

Yay! Town won. And I gotta say damn good call on me protecting you farside. I have to say it is sad to have seen Neko be replaced, but he most definitely earned the MVP for his bus. Though I do think Farside deserves major props for not only figuring out what the hell happened, but also holding up against emp for not one but TWO days.
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (isolation #96) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Tanarin »

Shanba wrote: I don't like that I was told that no one targeted farside. If a roleblocker blocks someone, he blocks them, he doesn't make them get misleading results. That didn't have an effect on the game but it could very well have done if the tracker, say, had picked up scum and been blocked. No result is a far better way of handling that even if it tells the person he's been blocked. In smalltown like this it's not giving a whole lot away when you confirm that someone is a roleblocker!
See, I didn't like this at all either (See beginning of D2.) I figured worse case would have been getting nothing at all, which would still have resulted in EMP being lynched (More than likely D3 as opposed to D2 of course.) Oh and Shanba...

<Vader>Apology Accepted </Vader>
Tanarin
Tanarin
Goon
Tanarin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (isolation #97) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Post by Tanarin »

Alright, I really want to ask the scum this and I prefer an answer from EMP, but any of them will do if they know. Why did EMP try so hard to push such a blatantly weak and bad case against Farside D1? Were you trying to intentionally set up a Village Idiot situation or did you really think that such a small time difference would get her lynched?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”