Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:06 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

/confirm

elect: der hammer

For having a name that really suits executions.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:03 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Caligulaph wrote:
P.S. - Um, I apologize for the n00bn355 of this question, but how might one make font bold, again?
Click on post reply/quote when making your post, then select the text you want to be bolded. And hit the big bold B button above the text.

On a related note, I think the dictatorthon is a great idea, and for suggesting it you have my dictator vote. It seems like a towny idea to me.

unelect
elect: caligulaph
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:06 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Occam wrote:
siesta wrote: On a related note, I think the dictatorthon is a great idea, and for suggesting it you have my dictator vote. It seems like a towny idea to me.
Well actually it was my idea.
Im sorry... Misred.

Unelect
Elect Occam
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

orangepenguin wrote:Does Caligulaph always type so..polite?

unvote, vote: Caligulaph

I don't like how rofl insists on speeding things up and is already dead set on executing occam. Caligulaph seems like a pretty good choice at the moment. The feast sounds amazing, but there better be fish.
Are you trying to get him lynched or elected here?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:26 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

My vote on Occam is a bit pointless right now, and Id rather see cali win this election then sly. because I havent seen any real reasons for a sly election ( "I played with him" doesn't cut it for me) while cali has been really helpfull for the town.

unelect, elect: Caligulaph
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:14 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote: ( "I played with him" doesn't cut it for me)
What do you mean by this?
The argumentation behind one of the votes on you:
Gorrad wrote:/Confirmage

Elect: SlySly
, the only one in this game I've played with before.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:01 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Occam wrote:Something to think about is that the dictator can pretty much rule the game if we aren't careful. He can end the day 5 minutes after it starts if he wants to.

2. The DICTATOR is the only person who has the power to decide who is executed for each day. When the DICTATOR has reached a decision, he or she should post execute: playername. Each day ends when there is an execution.
The earliest time the DICTATOR can execute a player is 48 hours after the start of each day
. If nobody is executed by the deadline, nothing happens and night ensues.
Luckily its not that bad, but the dictator still holds alot of power.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:09 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote:
SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote: ( "I played with him" doesn't cut it for me)
What do you mean by this?
The argumentation behind one of the votes on you:
Gorrad wrote:/Confirmage

Elect: SlySly
, the only one in this game I've played with before.
Ah, ok. I had forgotten about Gorrad's reason and I have to agree that reason alone wouldn't cut it for me either.

What are your thought about posts 84 & 85?
The tactic you suggest seems too risky for me, a mason pair doesn't even mean a guarenteed town pair. And revealing the masons to the mafia just seems like a horrible idea, it only takes one shot to get rid of the dictator afterall (if hes not using his shield that is) while a (alive) mason pair can be extremely valuable a few days in.
It doesn't sound like a scummy idea though, if thats what you ment. Clearly a proven dictator can be worth quite a lot, but is it valuable enough to reveal the mason pair (if there is one)?

85 gives some intresting information, but its not something we can really use in calculations/assumptions since the unpredictability can go both ways.. It jsut makes everything less certain, not just a few things, so im not too sure how this could be used to our advantage.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

By trying to set up the dictarthon thingy, it didnt turn out too well but it seems to me the intention was good.

Its more then I can see about anyone else, so compared to the average, he has been really helpful.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Hmm, I think we should try to have as much of a discussion as possible within 48 hours after the election. For the dictator can end the day after those 48 hours, if he does turn out to be scum, he could get someone with only one vote on him (his own vote that is) killed.

Although Im pretty sure no mafia would be stupid enough to do so on the first lynch, im going to vote randomly anyways, just in case.

vote: MonkeyMan576

If I misunderstood the rules, and the dictator can kill anyone (with votes not mattering) then my vote shouldnt be taken seriously by the dictator. The rules seem a bit vague to me on this point tbh:
When the DICTATOR has reached a decision, he or she should post execute: playername.
This seems like the dictator is completely free too choose, but that would be completely unbalanced and it would change the gameplay too radically... Because it would render votes almost completely useless. And tactics like pressure voting would be non-existant.

Votes not mattering would also allow a strange scenario, where the dictator is a confirmed towny, and he keeps executing random people after 48 hours (using the night kill immunity each night) untill he is the last one left or the scum gets a lucky overthrow (which they might not even attempt untill the very last days because a overthrow attempt will mean nearly instant death).

The other way around is also brilliant, where the town beleives someone is a confirmed towny (this could be accomplished with those town/mafia mason pairs or simply killing off a mafia member with his dictator skills), yet he isn't and is just killing of a towny each lynch.

So I'd love to see this rule clearly explained, is it meant as it is worded? Or does it just mean the dictator gets to choose when the lynch ends?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote: If I misunderstood the rules, and the dictator can kill anyone (with votes not mattering)
You misunderstood the rules. Votes are useless in this game.
Ok, thats interesting. In that case:

unvote
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:51 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Fossing is basicly the same as voting here, so:

vote slysly

Which is in normal gameterms basicly a fos that is close to being a vote..

Overthrowing right now just seems like a horrible idea to me. Id be fine with it if we had some sort of rotation system, but we dont afaik. We'd really like a explanation of this behaviour sly.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Humm I recall someone saying he played with sly before, did sly have a similar behaviour in previous games where he was town? Although his behaviour seems really scummy to me, it might be his regular behaviour as a town.

I think I can agree on the abdicate system jazz, even though cali seems the most towny to me, we really need to spread the risk. We might want to stick with a succesfull dictator later on so we dont end up with a mafia dictator who is very hard to overthrow because of the lack of players.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

I still can't really see why breadcrumbing is a good thing, it doesnt seem more powerful then claiming to me, but everyone can have his own opinion on that matter ofcourse....
It only means you were thinking of claiming before or just having the option open, which as gorad stated is just as likely if not more likely a scum tactic as a town tactic...

(Im a programmer aswell btw :wink: but im so used to != that i didnt even notice it)
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
Caligulaph wrote: I have difficulty seeing you as a doctor.
If you don't believe I am the doc, you must believe I am scum. If that is the case, you should stop stalling and kill me as there is no need to use more time if you have scum spotted.
Theres no need to rush decisions. If it takes a little longer to craft a solid, well based decision, lets use the time. Orangepenguin and drago havent even posted during this day.... Id love their opinions.

prod
: orangepenguin and christiano drago
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote: If it takes a little longer to craft a solid, well based decision, lets use the time.
Well, keep this in mind. If I don't end up as dictator, the town will be losing a doctor, if I even make it to the night. It being my fault doesn't change the fact. If the town wants there to be a doc, they best start pushing for an abdication with me as the successor. If the town doesn't want a doc, then by all means take my claim as fake and don't listen to me.

I think Occum and Calig are both scum. It was too convenient how Occum mentions the idea of a dictatorathon and all of the sudden Calig has a script to back it up and begins executing it. Then Calig conveniently appoints Occum as one of his officers. That's not to mention each of them oogling over each other with their mutual respect postings.

Moratorium is the only player in this game that seems protown to me.
Ah yes, thank you. I knew i forgot someone when mentioning those who havent posted during the day yet.

prod: moratorium

Oh btw, if you really want to defend yourself sly, it might be wise to take a small break, and then come back and take a look through our eyes and change your behaviour based on that. Yelling that you are one all the time isnt convincing to anyone, and I find it very odd that you actually seem to believe its convincing.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote: ...and I find it very odd that you actually seem to believe its convincing.
What convincing evidence did you possess that Calig is town when you voted for Calig to be dictator?
Im not 100% convinced. But out of all the contestants, he was the only one who seemed to help the town by guiding the election a bit (not to get himself elected, but the best onefor the job out there). Although the dictarthon didnt turn out to well, I believe it was well-intended. And since there was so little information to base a vote on, he was the best choice.

All you've done is telling us that lynching you is bad idea because you are so obviously a cop because you spelled it out a while ago, and recently youve actually tried to convince us that executing you now is actually a great idea for some random reason.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

SlySly wrote: Siesta, for the 3rd time...

I AM THE DOCTOR.

I never claimed I was the cop.
Ah yes... Sorry man, i keep confusing those two with each other. I knowyou claimed to be a a doc, but for some reason it turned into cop into my head... So I keep saying that even though I know you claimed docter...

If i ever refer to his claim as it being a cop claim again, please keep in mind I actually mean doc.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Jebus wrote:
Post 191
- I didn't think to check this before, but the post where SlySly breadcrumbs is long before Caligulaph becomes dictator, in which case it may just be a good way for him to have strong ground on his claim if it need come in later on. And this part isn't against Gorrad at all, it's just a note.
Obviously it was true, but Im still wondering why this was helpful to him (sly that is) in any way, I dont really like how gorrad saw it as scummy instead of neutral, but this breadcrumbing thing doesnt really seem ... well useful.. It just means that you had a claim in mind, not that this claim was truthfull.

Or am I missing something here? You seem to think it gives you a solid ground so Im wondering what this ground is, it might be usefull for me in other games then.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #19) » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:16 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Jebus wrote:I'd think that if you had that on, say, the first page or so, and then you were forced to claim D3 on the 25th page, you'd have your breadcrumb to show that at least if you weren't doctor, you'd been thinking of claiming that since the beginning of the game, which may be a little long to plan something like that out.

Of course, I could be speaking nonsense >.<
But it wouldnt be too hard to breadcrumb every role you think is in the game right? If you do it right and with different methods they will likely never figure out you had those other roles crumbed aswell....

Or at least someone else could argue like that, no matter if you did it or not.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Where did all the jebus hate come from? He doens't look that suspicious to me tbh...
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:10 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Using neither, the kill and the protection would be incredibly stupid. So I think we can assume he either killed occam, or used his protection.

The dictator killing Occam would not only be unlikely, but It would also mean the mafia aimed for cali with their nightkill. This seems too risky to be a viable mafia tactic to me.

So Id say its pretty save to assume (id say around a 80% chance) that either the mafia, or a townie was able to kill cali through his protection.

Cali seemed quite towny to me. So its only logical to assume the mafia have the ability to kill the dictator through his protection, a townie would have picked another target. There are loads of other options, but this one seems by far the most logical to me.

On a related note, why was the chance of the overthrow so high? Did I miss something?did the mod make a mistake? Or does der hammer have a higher overthrow chance?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:13 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Welcome korlash. May you find many mafia members....

Even more off-topic: Your name had me confused for a while because it sounded so familiar, your avatar made me realise why :P

On-topic now:

The "im going to drop my protection" thing cali did might have just been a trap or something like that, with him hoping the mafia would use their nightkill on him. No towny dictator would willingly sacrifice a confirmed townys protection (I bet he saw himself as confirmed) if this protection has no drawbacks, no matter how stupid this towny may have been.
Well unless he thought he was so suspicious that he would get lynched, so by getting himself killed wed have another lynch... But he didnt seem suspicious at all to me and not to any of you as far as I can tell. So that would be very strange.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:14 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Korlash wrote:well 2 things. 1) Whether he thought of himself as confirmed or not he KNEW he was town. So he knew 100% taking protection would have been protecting a townie.
Thats exactly what I ment... Confirmed as in confirmed for himself not as in confirmed for the town.
2) Unless I'm mistaken we don't lynch. And as he was the dictator at the time I don't see how he would be worried of being exicuted. the only thing that might support anything on this line of thought was that he may have felt responcible for the death of the doctor. That could mean he had some guilty feelings. Still... I personally think this would have lead him to take the portection because if he was feelign guilty about killing the doc then I find it hard to believe he would send the police to kill someone else.
Well yes executed ofcourse (this game confuses me :P) . But we were thinking of this rotation system (did we agree on that ?) and he said he was going to abdicate so another dictator would have likely ruled today. So he could have been executed, but on the other hand... I Doubt a dictator that has just been granted power by another player would execute the one that gave him this power....

Anyways, all reasonings for ways that dont involve killing through protection seem pretty shallow to me. If it even matters how this kill was done, I think its the best way to assume its this method.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

So what are we going to do with hammer? Since he has been prodded its easier to get him overthrown if we need it. Jebus has acted quite towny I think, so I still think the overthrow is a bit supicious.

So Id like to see a overthrow happen, just to be a bit surer. But in that case, who would we try to make our dictator (by being the last to overthrow today). I believe moratorium has the highest chance of being town, so if we'd try to get someone as our dictator he does seem to be our best bet here.

Im not going to start this overthrowing of hammer just yet, for Id like to see your responses first.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:51 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Ah hello again. Well im going to make my own list of players and my thoughts about them.

Der hammer/carn carn
: Im still quite suspicious about his overthrow attempt but carncarns posts were quite good, this may partly be because I adore large analytical posts for some reason.
If his role stealing thing (it seems fairly obvious he got more chance because he stole the attempt from jebus) wouldn't suggest otherwise, id think he was third party. Im leaning a bit towards townie I guess, but lets keep him at: No clue.

Jebus:
While I would usually see his behaviour as a bit scummy, he seems to focus mainly on others I think are among the most suspicious. So I guess hes cool. Besides the attack on sly ofcourse, but well we all thought sly was scummy.

Korlash
: Townish. Havent really seen any flaws in his argumentations yet, and I usually agree with his thoughts about others.

Gorrad
: Scummy, when looking back, his dedication to get sly executed seems quite a bit over the top. His argument based on the flavor of slys role seems quite weak aswelll, afterall. How many kind dictators are there compared to evil ones? And besides, the mafia could in fact be the kind dictators in this game, since they fight against other dictators, maybe to get democracy in here :P

orangepenguin
: ??? Needs to post more, especially content.

MonkeyMan576
: Id consider him the most obvious scum out there, he really likes to attack others for vague reasons, such as roflcopters replacing out. Very supportive of sly being executed.

Roflcopter/jazzmyn
: Roflcopter was among the most suspicious at the start of the game, but since he was also being called suspicious by monkeyman, im going to assume they do not both belong to the mafia. Jazzmyn has been quite quiet, doesnt really post much content but is still there, some sort of semi-lurk. So Id say jazz is either a sk or a powerrole.
Or he scum and monkey isnt... Alot of options, so im going to say: I have no clue.

Moratorium
: Analytical, usually seems to think the same things as I do (although his thoughts are usually better based). And I often agree with his ideas about things I didnt notice, So id say townish.

So my list:

Scum:
monkeyman
gorrad

no clue:
der hammer
jazzmyn
orangepenguin

Between no clue and townish:
jebus

townish:
moratorium
korlash
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:34 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

I think mora is right, and since he has failed Im attempting the same thing, im absolutely not convinced that carn is scum, but its best to take as few risks as possible.
I better not fail aswell...

overthrow: CarnCarn
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Well thatwas surprisingly.

Ok, well, now that im the dictator im going to give you some rules to prevent any possible dictator abuse on my part, and any quick overthrows on your part.
Id like to organize a little vote, like in regular games. And I certainly hope other dictators keep this tradition.

I will execute someone if 4 of the 8 of us vote for the same person or the deadline gets really close. And if anyone attempts to overthrow me, im going to shoot that guy down if the overthrow fails, unless it has been decided upon by the majority of you that im a bad dictator. This is to scare scum away from rush overthrowing me, because a fail will mean death.
If the majority of you decide that a certain person should be the dictator, I'll gladly hand over the power by means of abdicating.

Well, ill start myself with the voting. I believe
monkeyman
is the most likely to be scum, and as moratorium has stated, others have occasionally followed his lead, so killing him might give us some great information.

Note that I will probably not, but might change some of those 'rules' I've stated if the situation calls for it.

If any of these 'rules' seem really bad to you, please suggest something else. But do note that im not taking suggestions from players I consider scummy, as serious as those of other players.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:55 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Jebus wrote:You're welcome :D

Though I'm creating the WIFOM situation for the mafia - I honestly doubt SiestaGuru would take that request, instead I'd think he'd choose someone else just because I said to abdicate to you.
Well, not instantly no. I said i'd abdicate if the majority thought it would be better to do so. I bet mora would like it aswell, and im not too fond of it myself. So we currently have 2 votes for, youll need to get 2 more and ill gladly abdicate. :wink:
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:08 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:No one has said anything about what I've been scummy about or give me a chance to defend myself. Telling, and please pay attention if they try and execute me without a majority consensus.
Try reading 343 and 349 again.
And dont you worry, I won't execute you unless theres a majority that thinks you are the most scummy out there. Unless I get overthrown ofcourse, you might get executed earlier then, but I hope my overthrow = kill rule prevents things like a quick overhtrow + kill.

Currently the votecount would be the following list.

monkeyman (2): siesta, gorrad
gorrad(1): jebus

If im misinterpreting a post by one of you, please tell me. And from now, it might be the best to use the
vote: name
syntax were used to to prevent couting votes that werent actual votes.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:57 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

I can't remember any pro-town things from you to be honest. But could you try to defend against posts 343 and 349? Just sitting there saying you are innocent isn't going to do anyone any good. While a great defense might change everyones opinions about you..
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:55 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Apparantly the deadline is tomorrow, and since I might not be here tomorrow, I'm going to execute the person with the most votes this evening (in a tie, im going to go by my own opinion).

So if anyone has anything left to say, or cast a vote, please do so quickly or it'll be too late.

Well, maybe the mod could allow me to do some sort of auto-execution at the deadline, with me executing the one with the most votes against him, and let my vote count for 2 in a tie. If hes willing to do so, I won't execute this evening.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Well yes, the evening in my timezone that is (gmt +1), so Id say in around 5-6 hours.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:56 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Hummm thats a bit problematic then...

Err exactly in how many hours does the deadline end? Im horrible with time conversions..
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:42 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Ah great, in that case it can wait for a bit more. I thought the deadline was closer.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:44 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Hummm, well now that was intresting...

In case a execution somehow goes before a overthrow if it was never seen by a mod or if im somehow still the dictator, im going to follow 2 of the rules (4 votes against mm, and the overthrow). So:

Execute: MonkeyMan576

If that doen't work, well, theres not much else I can do.

(the 4 votes would be by me, gorrad, moratorium, carncarn)
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:02 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Orangepenguin it is...

Im not too sure what to tink about that, he hasent shown much of himself. Maybe we could make korlash the dictator by ordering jazzmyn to overthrow followed by a korlash overthrow.. Id feel much more comfortable with him as our dictator.

Or is orange fine by you guys?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:49 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Yeh I thought it was kindda stupid aswell. But he never stated that was his plan, he was just hoping for it. I guess having hope at only 2% odds is possible.

If it was his plan to keep me in the dictator position, he wouldnt have overthrown himself since it only decreases the odds. But obviously, having a 85% chance of not having gorrad/mm as our dictator is a better option then giving me a extra 11% chance of keeping the power (according to your calculations).
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Gorrad wrote:Here's the thing- majority wants MM dead. That's been established. He's overthrowing to save himself, I'm overthrowing to, I dunno, make it so the majority is actually followed. If the majority of the town wanted me dead, I'd take it like a man. But they don't, so I'm going to overthrow to make sure what the town wants happens.

As for if Jazz or Korlash was scum, that's a valid point, except that if they didn't follow majority, we'd know and execute them tomorrow. I wouldn't take that risk as scum.

Also, I checked with the mod- multiple overthrow attempts can be made at the same time.

Post 435 should confirm that he's scum. He's trying to kill someone not majority voted to save his own skin. MM, if you're town, stop trying to weasel out of it.
Actually, you are the number 2 suspect among players. Since hes not going to execute himself, he would obviously execute the number 2 suspect.
I find this argument very weak gorrad, and it really makes you look alot more suspicious. I might even say it makes you as suspicious as MM.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

CarnCarn wrote:
Moratorium wrote:I'm a damn prophet.
No, part of this whole cascade of overthrows is on your shoulders.

But, reading back, SG's overthrow was much worse:
SiestaGuru wrote:I think mora is right, and since he has failed Im attempting the same thing, im absolutely not convinced that carn is scum, but its best to take as few risks as possible.
I better not fail aswell...

overthrow: CarnCarn
Using another player's (who was widely considered to be town at that point) reasoning to overthrow, when you don't even think I'm scum? This is something I want to hear answered in more detail.

@Monkey: You SHOULD still be executed. You are not confirmed town in any way to anyone else (assuming for a second that you are town). Your FoS is pretty ridiculous because is no way was I actually saying I thought
you
were town.
You were at the time in the vague undecided area of my mind, so even though I wasnt conviced that you were scum, I felt the odds were a bit over the average. Maybe this opinion was influenced a bit by moratoriums posts ( I was leaning a bit more to you being towny before his post) since I felt pretty confident about him being town, bur arent we supposed to take note of good arguments supplied by townish players?

Who in his right mind would want a dictator who is as suspicious as you were? So I figured someone had to overthrow you after mora failed. Id rather overthrow myself then wait for shady characters like gorrad or mm to overthrow.

Besides, I was hoping that if I succedeed, the rules I had thought of already would be good enough to prevent a overthrow. This unfortunatly turned out to be false as we have learned by now, but at the time it sounded like quite the idea to me.

The only things I regret, is not overthrowing before Mora did so and not being there to execute MM when vote #4 was cast.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

Moratorium wrote:
Gorrad wrote: As for giving scum room to take it, how is that scummy? Stupid townie I could see, but for me as scum, that makes no sense.

Did you just offer up a "I'm too dumb to be scum" defense?
Hmm, I actually like the argument. With a 70% chance of becoming dictator, you wouldnt care much about a overthrow chance increase, you'd go for becoming dictator since the odds are already so high.

Assuming he is scum, and there was another mafia member out there, either gorrad or the second mafia-member would have likely succeeded at 70% odds aswell.
Overhtrowing just to raise the odds seems weird, unless he was sure his overthrow wasnt suspicious (which it obviously is) and his scum-buddy would be unlikely to be overthrown (which would point to korlash. Jazz and orange are both overthrow material, and I really don't think korlash is scum).

This doesnt mean he isnt scum though, its just that overthrowing JUST to raise the odds would be a very strange scum move.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:24 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

CarnCarn wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote:This doesnt mean he isnt scum though, its just that overthrowing JUST to raise the odds would be a very strange scum move.
Not really. Scum can overthrow early to either cause this cascade of overthrows or just for the hell of it and give their partners better chances later in the day.
Sure, but its completely unnecessary at these odds, and because of his suspiciousness already, it would be a very strange move.
Also, are you saying OP should be overthrown?
If there would be more time left, yes. By jazzmyn to be exact, so he could be overthrown by korlash later on (with 100% odds). But since were dealing with a approaching deadline and strange 24 hour limits it might be better to keep OP as our dictator. Id rather have him as jazz.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:Okay, Gorrad has said twice that someone who knows they are town should "accept" being executed, and that a townie execution is better than "chaos". If this isn't scummy I don't know what is.
A town execution might in some cases be acceptable, since it is at the moment of executing uncertain if this player really is a townie. Besides, the one who gets executed is the one who is suspected the most, so you might just end up executing the same player next round. Which is just wasting time. Executing a townie now, could also offer great insights in who is scum, and who isnt, which might actually be more usefull then the townie being alive.
So im someone who always goes for a execution, no matter how uncertain you are. The odds of catching a maffia if executing the most suspicious one or it being usefull in some other way are just too good to ignore (by going for a no-execution).

I do agree on your execution acception point though. For both town and scum it would obviously be wise to do everything to stop getting executed (town because it wastes a execution, and scum because they need all the members). This is as true for townys, as it is for scum. So I cant really see much of a difference between them here. A towny might be more inclined to try reasoning before overthrowing, but well you tried it, and you were at 4 votes when overthrowing.. Which would cause your death if I would come online. So thats not a bad time to take your chances.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

MonkeyMan576 wrote:The town should be aware that three of the four votes are, siesta, who I tried to overthrow, and Gorram and CarnCarn, who I see as the two scummiest right now. So other players, especially Moratorium, I ask you to strongly reconsider your vote.
Didnt I vote you, before you overthrew me? :roll:
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Well... Thats too bad, my overthrow attempt has been stolen. I wonder why.. Am I suspicious? Or is the stealing done by scum? Or is it some sort of random effect?

To prove that it was stolen:

overthrow: OrangePenguin

O and Id like to see Gorrad getting killed ofcourse, so in case OP will work with votes,
vote:gorrad
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:37 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

CarnCarn wrote:OP, why didn't you kill him last night?
Does this mean you would like to shoot down gorrad?

Im not really sure what to think about this early overthrow btw... Even if you are right about the instant loss if OP was dictator .. Then I dont see how you being the dictator is better. You arent exactly townish in my eyes.

But lets calculate the instant loss thing:

3 maffia members, OP is scum:

townie dies at day, 2 die at night. 3 mafia members left, only 1 townie. Mafia wins.

2 maffia members, OP is scum:

townie dies at day, 2 die at night. 2 mafia members and 2 townies left.
Is that a instant victory for them aswell? In that case we should be extremely careful indeed..

OP. Dont make any rush decisions. Shoot the wrong guy and we lose. We need to be absolutely sure.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #538 (isolation #46) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 am

Post by SiestaGuru »

CarnCarn wrote:
SiestaGuru wrote:townie dies at day, 2 die at night. 2 mafia members and 2 townies left.
Is that a instant victory for them aswell? In that case we should be extremely careful indeed..
Yes (usually that's called endgaming; the mod just kills off the other townies).
Ah ok. I havent actually finished a game yet. I red about endgaming, but wasnt sure if the game would end at equal numbers or only if there would be more mafia members then townies.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #47) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

I actually believe we havent lost yet. If OP was scum, he would have shot someone else then gorrad if he had some brains.

If OP is scum, killing a random townie would have won him the game. Then why shoot down gorrad? Afterall, gorrad already looks very supicious, and if OP turns out to be scum, gorrad would look even scummier because he wasnt targeted by OP, which basicly gives them a very easy execution in the future. This is assuming some trickery by the town could stop the mafia from winning tonight ofcourse, otherwise it wouldnt matter.

If OP was scum, and gorrad isnt this is probably not the best option, and neither would it be a option if they are both scum (they would have won by now).

So Im thinking its very likely OP is town afterall, but we'll have to wait for the gorrad flip to be reasonably sure (not that it matters anymore if he flips town ofcourse).

Unfortunatly if OP is town, he could also guess wrong.. We were wrong about MM..

But eh, mora. What makes you think we lost? Do you think gorrad is town now? I noticed a lack of opinions on basicly everyone in the last few pages besides a vote on MM by you. So that leads me to the following question:
Moratorium: Who is scum?
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

Good game guys. :D

It all worked out perfectly, we had had basicly won after the MM kill.
SiestaGuru
SiestaGuru
Goon
SiestaGuru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 pm

Post by SiestaGuru »

I thought we had a poison every day at first aswell, but that would have been very unbalanced ofcourse.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”