It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #436 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:44 am

Post by EmpTyger »

My Closing Credits

"I can't do it all on my own..."

Thanks to StrangerCoug for setup review.

I flipped out the Doug role in advance: he was a vigilante N1-3, doctor N4-8.
Carla results:
innocent wrote:Deep down- and I’ll never admit it to their face- I do consider them a good person, a caring person, and a friend.
guilty wrote:I hate their family, I hate their friends, I hate their profile pic, I hate anybody who ever even associates with them.

Night choices

N1:
Furry targets Slicey (kills)
hp [leaves] investigates BrianMcQueso (guilty)
BrianMcQueso kills Debonair Danny DiPietro

N2:
MafiaSSK investigates veerus (guilty)
Furry submits no action.
Tzeentch kills Furry

N3:
Tzeentch submits no kill.

N4:
Tzeentch kills Fritzler

Setup Notes

This game had 2 unusual mechanics.
Mafia Composition

The antitown faction is the “Brain Trust”, consisting of the Janitor plus up to 2 other players.

Roles are assigned randomly. At the start of the game, the Janitor will receive their role 24 hours before other players. The Janitor will choose 2 other characters to recruit into the Brain Trust. If those roles are in the game, they will receive the Brain Trust alignment. (All other roles will receive the “Sacred Heart” alignment.) At that point, all remaining roles will go out. There will be 24 hours for mafia to talk pregame, and then D1 will begin.

(The Brain Trust gains max 1 kill/night, even if the Doctor/Vigilante is in the mafia. They will be told of that in this instance.)

Moderation

The game will be moderated by an alt I will be creating, “Dr. Perry Cox”. One of the player’s will receive the role of Dr. Cox. Whenever they die, 2 things will occur:

1) All roles will “switch off” and become vanilla. (Abilities are based on Dr. Cos’s relationship with/perception of other roles, so with him gone, the roles become useless.)

2) A different alt will take over moderation, based on who is the highest alive in the following order.
Dr. Perry Cox
Dr. Jan Itor
Dr. Bob Kelso
Dr. John Dorian
Dr. Todd Quinlen
Mr. Ted Buckland
Dr. Doug Murphy
Nurse Laverne Roberts
Nurse Carla Espinosa
Mrs. Jordan Sullivan
Dr. Elliot Reid
Dr. Chris Turk

All the alts arbitrate the game neutrally, with one exception: Dr. Jan Itor will bastard mod.

Roles
veerus ([i]the Janitor[/i], Vanilla, [u]Brain Trust[/u]) wrote:Mr… Glenn Matthews…?

Hurricanes descending on a coastal town, or that ex-girlfriend who makes out with your best friend across the room, they both have names even though you and I and 100,000 evacuees know that they’re just unstoppable forces of nature. So despite your claiming to adhere to the societal standard of moniker, we all know that you are so chaotic that we may as well forget about niceties and just call you as you really are: “The Janitor”. I have no idea what you ultimate goal is here, but, I’m familiar enough with the general idea of “systematic elimination of everyone opposed to your regime” to not care about the specific blueprints you’ve drawn up.

You’re the leader of the Brain Trust, which will consist of 4 people: (1) you, (2) your evil twin who is really you and everybody knows it so stop pretending already, mmkay? (3) and (4) 2 other characters who you will choose *now* and- if they are not just figments of your loony imagination and actually in the game- those players will immediately join your cause.

At night the members of the Brain Trust can go into your super secret supply closet and talk about whatever lies, deceptions, harassments, propaganda, conspiracies, and squirrel-fueled delusions you plan on unleashing on the rest of the personnel of Sacred Heart Hospital. Also each night one of the Brain Trust may PM me the name of 1 player you’re nefariously going to I-don’t-want-to-know-what to, and they’ll be nefariously I-still-don’t-want-to-know-what-ed.

Oh, and so you know, at some point during the game, I (Dr. Perry Cox), may be replaced by one “Dr. Jan Itor”.

(You have no nightabilities, although you may kill and nighttalk as part of the Brain Trust. You win with the Brain Trust. Please confirm by PM.)

Your character on wikipedia

In case you are unfamiliar with the show, Other characters on scrubs, for your reference. All roles in this game are “main” or “recurring”.
Tzeentch ([i]J.D.[/i], Lover, [u]Brain Trust[/u]) wrote:Dr. Dorian,

Tear your eyes away from your paramour. If you and your lovely Turkish Dee-lite (or whatever the special pet name you have for BrainMcQueso is which leaps off your lips when you stare deeply into his chocolately eyes) would focus on the business of saving patients instead of swooning into each others arms in that precious way my high school sweetie used to exhale with declarations of “We’ll. Be. To. Ge. Ther. For. Ev. Er. Sigh.” that managed to last just slightly longer than her second marriage then maybe you could actually live up to that goal you embroider on your pillow- and not the one about dying in each other’s arms, the one about winning my approval?

The Janitor has assembled his Brain Trust, which consists of 4 people: (1) the Janitor himself (veerus), (2) his evil twin who is really him and everybody knows it so stop pretending already, mmkay? (3) Dr. Dorian (Tzeentch) and (4) you, newbie. I’d say I expected better of you, but honestly I expected worse from you and you’ve still got time to live up to that expectation.

At night the members of the Brain Trust can go into your super secret supply closet and talk about whatever lies, deceptions, harassments, propaganda, conspiracies, and squirrel-fueled delusions you plan on unleashing on the rest of the personnel of Sacred Heart Hospital. Also each night one of the Brain Trust may PM me the name of 1 player you’re nefariously going to I-don’t-want-to-know-what to, and they’ll be nefariously I-still-don’t-want-to-know-what-ed.

(You are a Lover with Turk (BrianMcQueso). You may kill and nighttalk as part of the Brain Trust. You win with the Brain Trust. Please confirm by PM.)

[s]BrianMcQueso[/s] Snow White ([i]Christopher Turk[/i], Lover, [u]Brain Trust[/u]) wrote:Dr. Turk,

Stop drooling over your darling hubbaboo for just one second- and I’m not talking about your lawfully-in-states-other-than-Massachusetts-Iowa-and-Connecticut wedded wife. Gosh, if only the editors of the Oxford English Dictionary were here to see this, then they’d race back to their printing presses to see who would be the first one to edit broke broken brokenhearted broker brokerage brokered- ah, here we go- BROMANCE- and oh look, they included a space for a full-color illustration featuring you and one John Dorian Tzeentch linked together so strongly that not even death can separate you from one another.

The Janitor has assembled his Brain Trust, which consists of 4 people: (1) the Janitor himself (veerus), (2) his evil twin who is really him and everybody knows it so stop pretending already, mmkay? (3) Dr. Dorian (Tzeentch) and (4) you, newbie. I’d say I expected better of you, but honestly I expected worse from you and you’ve still got time to live up to that expectation.

(You are a Lover with J.D. (Tzeentch). You may kill and nighttalk as part of the Brain Trust. You win with the Brain Trust. Please confirm by PM.)

Debonair Danny DiPietro ([i]Elliot Reed[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Reid,

You are a <snore>. Oh, I’m sorry. I fell asleep because you are so <snore> boring, that simply thinking about telling you how you caused by brain to reflexively switch itself off in a desperate attempt to not have to listen to you, about you, or nearby you and all you-like things. You are way-hay-ay-hay-ay too boring to have any <snore> night abilities <snore>.

(You have no nightabilities. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

[s]hp [leaves][/s] MafiaSSK ([i]Carla Espinosa[/i], Cop, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Nurse Espinosa,

You’re the only other one here who has a lick of sense. And, gosh, I actually trust your judgment so much that I’ll even admit it in that begrudging manner I usually save for my barber, for doing something that seems painfully simple but as any parent of a 4-year-old who just discovered the joys of taking scissors to one’s own head knows, does actually require a teensy bit of skill to not resemble a decade late avant garde punk Portland counterculture wannabe. So, each night, ask me about a player by PM and I’ll share my infinite wisdom and good judgment with you.

(You are a Cop. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

inHimshallibe ([i]Jordan Sullivan[/i], Roleblocker, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Mrs. Cox,

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, I do know how much you hate it when I call you Mrs. Cox, because not only does the name “Cox” remind you of the bond of unholy matrimony that exists between us, but the “Mrs.” also reminds everyone in earshot that despite spending the equivalent of the economies of Greece, Guatemala, Guyana, Guinea, Equitorial Guinea, and Burkina Faso on allegedly age-defying Botox treatments, you’re an *old* married-then-divorced-then-whatever-we-are-now hag. Each night, whine to me by PM about a player, and I’ll ignore any nightaction they send to me just to get you to shut up and go away.

(You are a Roleblocker. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

Brandi ([i]Ted Buckland[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Mr. Buckland,

You’re useless. You have no abilities. And, ya’ shouldn’t look so surprised. Try not to kill yourself.

Furry ([i]Doug Murphy[/i], Random Doctor/Vigilante, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Murphy,

You’re a doctokay, I’m really sorry, but I just can’t finish that sentence and keep a straight face. But did ya’ see how well I tried? Which is so much more than the effort you put into those unfortunate future donors that most of us typically call “patients”. Why, if I had five cents every time I saw a doctor as bad as you, I’d have a dime, because that one time I broke my self-imposed rule about talking to passengers sitting next to me on airline flights I happened to be in the window seat next to the yap-yap-yap-yap-yeeeeeeeeeeeeapping Dr. Kevorkian himself, who almost matched the sheer lethality I have witnessed in you time after time after time after time after time. So, on the graveyard shift (and yes, I am using the term deliberately) you can PM me the name of the player you’re trying to treat. In the morning, I’ll flip that dime, and figure out whether (heads) you saved them, or (tails) you killed them.

(You are a Random Doctor/Vigilante. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

Fishythefish ([i]The Todd[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Quinlen,

You are…

Ahem.

Dr. Quinlen

You are… Dr. Quinlen,

<whistles> Hey! I’m talking to you, even though you’re such a Neanderthal that you have neither yet mastered either the linguistic principle of the definite article, nor the societal standard of surnames, and I really don’t want to utter something as banal as “The Todd” in normal adult conversation. So using words of one-syllable to make this understandable:

You
Are
The
Todd.

You
Are
Too
Dumb
To
Do
Things
At
Night.

Gorrad ([i]Perry Cox[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Cox,

You are the most important role in this game, because not only are you the smartest and brightest and most daring and most experienced and most talented, but you are also the handsomest player by far. You don’t have any nightactions, but you’re so awesome, ya’ don’t need them.

[urlhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Cox]Your character on wikipedia[/url]
Laverne Roberts ([i]Slicey[/i], Vanilla, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Nurse Roberts,

You are actually *not* a Nurse and put down that clipboard.
Okay. Let’s try this again, without the threats of imminent violence:
No, you are not a Nurse. But that’s because the Nurse ability doesn’t exist in this game. Why don’t you grumble about it under your breath later instead of taking it up with someone. Oh wait. You are. Well, good then.

[s]Maturin24[/s] [s]Lindisfarne[/s] Fritzler ([i]Bob Kelso[/i], Miller, [u]Sacred Heart[/u]) wrote:Dr. Kelso,

You are the spawn of all that is Satanic. When I say that I hate you with all the fiber of my being, it’s only because I haven’t yet devised a way for the fiber of my non-being, or the non-fibrous parts of either my being or my non-being, to hate you in a manner that would do my fiber justice. If someone investigates you, I’m going to have to tell them the truth, Bobbo: that you’re a downright evil bastard.

(You are a Miller. You win with Sacred Heart. Please confirm by PM.)

Last edited by EmpTyger on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #441 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 am

Post by EmpTyger »

It's a shame nothing ever came of the mod changes, that could have got fun.
heh I had great initial posts for Dr. Jan Itor and Dr. Bob Kelso that I never got to use. Ah well.
EmpTyger
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
EmpTyger
It's a JOKE!
It's a JOKE!

Post Post #448 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by EmpTyger »

Furry:
Furry wrote: ~The only problem I have about the structure of this game was the replacement rule. It literally stole a win from the town. D2 if hp had been around to claim a guilty on the mason claim, regardless of who got lynched the lover-masons would of gone. When he was not able to claim, it was a big boost to the scum since the results only were available to scum in lylo.
I'll agree that the hp situation was a mess, but I don’t think it would have affected the result: hp specifically asked that his tempreplacer be told to *not* reveal the guilty result. What happened was hp requested tempreplacement, and I planned on replacing him immediately, but all of the replacements I had lined up backed out. Meanwhile, hp seemed to return, although I couldn't tell for certain, as he picked up but didn't reply to my PM. With day ending anyway I decided to just permanently replace him.

I do think I will make explicit for my ruleset in my next game that forced replacements will only occur in twilight.

veerus:
veerus wrote:By the way, Emp, great Dr. Cox monologues. Did you borrow actual rants and change to fit the context or did you mostly make them up using his personality as a guideline?
99% made up by me. The cop results were lifted almost verbatim from actual rants. The “throwing randomvote after randomvote” bit was loosely adopted from his “regular strength Tylenol dosage” rant. I couldn’t resist throwing in “Always side with the hoochie, newbies. It’s a rookie mistake; you hate to see it.” (Kelso’s initial post would have been “What has two thumbs and doesn’t give a crap about flavor? / You’re nothing but a bunch of vanilla scrubs to me.”) But everything else I composed myself, using John McGinley as my muse.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”