orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:35 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Vote: don johnson
because he always seems to be scum whenever I play with him.
29:22:19:22
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Why is rule 3 important? All that it says is that the vote count doesn't reset between days.
Because (for me at least) vote counts always reset at the start of each new day. Some people might have looked over that part and missed it, and it's good to know.
29:10:43:50
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Or everyone could just unvote when the new day starts? (unless they want to keep their vote on whoever for valid reasons, but then they'd have to indicate that in thread)

If scum try to exploit it, then it would be pretty obvious.
29:10:22:52
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Llama, since we're not yet in the serious stage, officially, may I request that you get some kind of avatar, in order to make your posts easier to find? Please and thank you!

Regarding rule three, I agree with the thought that after a hammer and subsequent flip, those on another wagon should confirm vote with reason or unvote. I do not think everyone should unvote though as that will waste time. We do not have it.
QFT.
28:13:59:49
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I do not like the op wagon. It is not the speed that bothers me, it is this:
There is a wagon on me??? Shows how much I've been paying attention. I clicked on this thread, and this is the first message I've seen. Don't like this wagon. At all. Not just because it's on me - I don't even know the reasons yet, since I need to read why, but wow. I know we're on a time schedule here, and I apologize, but still. That doesn't excuse sucky play. Now I have to figure out where I left off.
25:10:08:05
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

LOL. I am L-1.

JamesBond, Kreriov, don_johnson, dothefandango, Seraphim, llamaeatataco

Never played with JB, Krer, dtf, but I have played with DJ, who is always scummy, which is why I have a random vote there (which,
unvote
, since we're getting all serious), and I can't remember what game(s) I've played with Sera, so I have no meta or anything, and I think, based on his "hey OP!" opening remarks, llama was in a newbie game that I IC-ed at some point.

Not sure what the wagon on Santos is about yet, but we'll see.. but seeing as he and me are being prodded, looks like both of us are policy lynches.

But yeah, gonna read. See wtf is going on here, and hopefully, you all gimme a chance to speak.
25:10:04:21
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay. Do not like ANY of the votes on me. I am going to try to be impartial, since this wagon is on me. Just to be honest, I have been posting elsewhere on the site, focusing on games that were nearing the end of days/game. Plus I've been kind of busy, when I wasn't online to post. That's not really an excuse, since I should've been posting, but I wasn't lurking. Had I been lurking, I would've spoke out right away when my wagon started. But I wasn't even bothering looking at this game, which is poor play, and I think I underestimated the importance of time for this game, so sorry. I am almost always quiet on Day 1, and sorry if I didn't "contribute" enough for your guys' taste, but I posted as the game was getting started. We weren't at the same place in time.

As I did a quickread through the pages I read, I don't like the eagerness of players to lynch lurkers. Yes, lurkers bring games down, blah blah blah, but for this game, scum are going to try to pass off as town, and posting more is important as ever for them, since time is a factor. Seraphim is one player that sticks out. Especially with his "go go go!" attitude towards wagons. It's like he is careless and puts little thought into who he is voting, besides who isn't posting. Now lets go through each vote!
JamesBond wrote:Doublepost.

Since DD is replacing out, and Santos already got pressure on him im gonna do this:

Vote: Orangepenguin

Maybe this will get him to come out and play :)
Translation: Since nobody else is voting him, I am going to pressure vote him in attempt to get him to start posting!

Except, if a player isn't reading the thread, pressuring them doesn't quite work. Your vote here has served its purpose - I am out and I am playing. Not really due to your vote - because I clicked on this thread, and then immediately noticed I had a wagon on me (thanks Konowa for posting that in your first post on this page!). I don't really think this vote is scummy - he is trying to get me to post by voting me - common tactic, I've done it myself. But a wagon has formed and I am L-1. Unless he seriously has the intent to lynch me, he should unvote and if he does, then he should say so.
Kreriov wrote:@Seraphim - wow, jamesbond says he has a bit of a gut feeling that you might be scum and then suddenly you think HE is scum? Also, why are you protecting OrangePenguin? He has posted NO content. At least Datadanne and Santos have engaged a bit. (I do not like Data suddenly deciding to replace. VERY scummy imo.)

OrangePenguin's posts have been the very definition of active lurking. Read them, there are only 4. A random vote, 2 about votes not reseting after a lynch, and a request that llama get an avatar. NOT A SINGLE DROP OF CONTENT! It really seems to me like those posts about removing votes are designed to be involved in something seemingly important, but have nothing to do with actually finding scum. My spidey sense for active lurking is pinging big time.

I want llama to answer the question and will continue to press, for now however
Unvote

Vote: OrangePenguin
Haha.. Seraphim is protecting me? Gee, since the only person allowed to call out a sucky case is the person the case is about?

Having 4 votes (yes, a low number, if you put it that way) is active lurking? I've seen games with 20 pages with players about 4 posts. THAT is active lurking. With this post, that is 7 posts. If you average that out, that's about 1 post per page, which with 12 players isn't THAT bad. Active lurking implies I am keeping up with the thread and choosing not to post, and thus "lurking in the shadows", if you will. Except I have just been ignoring this game entirely. My four posts were early in the game. We were in the RVS. I think I even said, with post #4 that "since we're in the RVS, llama, can I ask you to get an avatar?" which he did, so THANK YOU!. I mean, I could've pmed him such a request, since it's not really game-related, but people do that all the time during RVS, since it makes the game easier to read when people have pictures attached to their posts. When you put all the facts about me like that, and my four posts - how many times did all the other players - at that point, posted? How much content did everyone else add when I posted last? Yeah, I suppose there isn't going to be much content when I have hardly even posted in the beginning of the game, at a point where some players hadn't posted ONCE. I don't think your vote is genuinely felt. Scummy vibe.
don_johnson wrote:got to queens. ill family has passed away. might be able to post tomorrow, but sunday and monday are definitely out. trying to stay current as this game is timed.

vote: orange penguin

he has done nothing to deserve the defense put up by sera or dtf. possible connections and he is still riding an rvs vote. if we are going for a lurker we should be starting there.
Sorry about your family. :(

Again with the "nothing to deserve defense"! It's like you copied that from Krev when you decided to bandwagon. Not sure why they defended me, besides the case being stupid, but I like how they both eventually voted me anyways, lol. So it makes their defending me even less genuine. I am riding an RVS vote? Well, when a player votes in the RVS stage and stops posting during the RVS stage, it's kind of difficult to unvote. I guess if you want to get rid of a lurker, dj, then it makes sense for you to go after the silent me, who is "riding" after you, than the silly Santos wagon.

dothefandango wrote:I have not defended OP in any way, I just wanted to give him/her a chance to defend themselves. But alas, with no response, my hands are tied and I
vote: OrangePenguin
Translation: HOW DARE YOU suspect connections between me and a ... and a..a vibrant-colored ARCTIC BIRD! I was just giving them time to notice the pressure! But alas... I will now bandwagon.

Voting me is the opposite of giving me a chance to defend myself. Good thing I didn't wait until tomorrow morning to chime in, otherwise I'd be lynched. Don't like this vote.
Seraphim wrote:Alright, alright...

I still think Data or Santos would make better lynches however, the time is ripe to lynch Orange Penguin and if that's where the votes lie...

Unvote
Vote: Orangepenguin

Concerning JamesBond: mere gut. I don't have anything concrete, I am merely stating a certain unease in regards to his posting. Like I said, nothing concrete, and it may just be paranoia.

I was defending OP mainly because I wanted to give him a chance to post(which he did have, he was posting in other games). Santos said he would post but didn't, Data made a very odd replacement request as soon as the pressure was on, and I found that more deserving of votes.
The time is ripe to lynch me? What kind of BS excuse is that? Basically, you think Data or Santos are better lynches, but as scum, you'll just save them for later mislynches, and there is a better wagon on me.

That way, tomorrow, you can lynch either Data or Santos, and if you find anything concrete on Bond, James Bond, you could possibly lynch him! Isn't lining up lynches fun?

LOL. Basically, Santos lied about not posting and Data did something suspicious, but because I was more worried about other games and posted in those, instead of bothering to check this thread. I love how you have to defend your reasons for defending me.
llamaeatataco wrote:Gah... Yesterday I didn't even get on my computer... Xbox is a curse. =/
Also, Llama, the last line in 66:
Quote:
Anyway.... I guess we can vote for him, we need to lynch fast, but I don't think that 2 posts is enough to convict someone. I'll wait for more posts from him before I will decide on whether or not to vote for him.

If you wanna bandwagon like that, try to at least make it sound like you have a case.
I wasn't bandwagoning. I was merely stating facts:

1. We need to do this quickly.
2. I find dtf somehwat scummy
3. I don't think that there is enough to go on to lynch him, especially when we have active lurkers to lynch.

Now...
As for my thinking that dtf seemed like scumbuddies with me... I just got that feel.
He says that he agrees with Seraphim's method, but that he doesn't agree with him voting for me, the ONLY logical candidate for his method. He contradicts himself to attack Seraphim, who he thinks is attacking me. The reason the wording was all messed up was because I didn't want to say: "gee, dtf really looks like my scumbuddy!"

Anyway, I think that I have cleared that up somewhat...

vote: OrangePenguin, Santos
for activelurking....

We can do that, right?
WTF? No, you can't do that, unless you're a double-voter. And no, you just anti-cleared everything up. Ugh. I like how you attempt to vote two of us at the same time - both bandwagons, and provide no real reasons, besides parroting every other voter on me "bandwagoning.

In summary: The case on me is bad. The case on Santos is bad. If town wants to win, then they seriously need to get serious, and stop being retarded. Scum aren't going to be lurking in this game. Unless they are stupid. Which is possible, but I am not a stupid penguin and I am assuming Santos doesn't identify as stupid either, I would assume, but he'll have to speak for himself if he ever posts. Scum are going to be the more vocal players, and will be going after lurkers. Seraphim is most likely scum. He is too eager to lynch, he is setting up lynches basically, if you read between the lines, and yeah. I do not like my wagon and I am trying my best to be impartial. The only vote I honestly don't have any hard feelings is for JamesBond, who seemed to be doing his best to get me to post. A simple "
Prod: OP
would've sufficed, but oh well. The old "lynch a player when he is looking the other way" tactic works just as well.

I will be voting
vote: Seraphim
. I had a bad gut feeling about him and his eagerness and everything isn't helping him.
25:09:20:25
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

The fact that my wagon died as I returned showed how confident most of you all felt about it. Yet you all were willing to lynch me. Kind of scary for the town if it moves as much as the wind.0
24:10:49:58
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

As of now, I am okay with still voting Seraphim. I need to catch up, because I missed the past couple pages though.
23:11:27:01
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:21 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

op and artem were not on the day 1 scum wagon. one if not both of them may be scum.
Wow. Great case, scumbag. Because as scum, we would make it that obvious and not bus. Because everyone knows when you lynch scum, the people who aren't on the wagon are definitely scum. It's funny how you ignored the not voters saberwolf and dothefandango, who weren't on the day 1 scum wagon. You were the second to last person on the wagon. You were most likely bussing, because you knew there was no hope in trying to save your buddy, there. You act like we all had knowledge that llama was scum. I mean, you might've had knowledge.
. i think a hammer bus is more likely than an L-1 bus, if there even is a late day bus vote.
Translation: I was not bussing! Santos was the one bussing, if there was bussing!

That whole sentence was awkward and unnecessary.

unvote, vote: DJ
- for a crap case that basically amounts to that I wasn't on the llama wagon. Okay? So was 3 other people. Plus, most scum tend to bus their partners when they see that there isn't any way for their partner NOT to be lynched. You waited long enough, just in case he could be saved, and then decided to bus him.
23:10:33:59
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Seraphim wrote:
dothefandango wrote:Seraphim attempting to stop the Santos wagon, which, if I recall correctly, is also someone he never voted for in D1. Further, Llama's double vote here where he named Santos as his second vote, regardless of whether it counts, seems more now like a scum distancing tool. I'm reading it the same as when you vote one place and FoS your partner.
I think llama was seriously just trying to vote both of them in order to look pro-town and lynch lurkers.
Yeah, I agree with that, especially playing with him before (I figured it out - newbie 796, where he was VT).
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Why are you saying I'm 'jumpy' when I had a perfectly good reason to answer you?
Because being 'jumpy' is just his decision of word choice to convince others that you are scummier than you actually are.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Dont use red text.
Any color but purple appears to be fine, I guess.
Seraphim: Things ARE looking rather bad for you as of right now. That's TWO Goons you have defended, and both been lynched and revealed as such.
Well, things are looking suspicious for Don too. That is two goons he switched to at the last moment. Hah. But yeah, things do look worse for Sera, who I still am suspicious of.

I am getting major scum vibes from saber wolf though. Especially with his last few posts, specifically 285 and 288.

"WE ARE AWESOME" = I AM TOWN. LOOK! I AM ONE OF YOU.

"I wouldn't want to be in your position" = Haha, they are going after you instead of me.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

First the call on santos being jumpy
Well, IMO, I didn't think Santos was being that jumpy, nor did I really like the case on him. Luckily for the town, everything worked out okay, but I still think the case wasn't that great.
1st one: How often do you see scum lynched on day 1? How often do you see scum lynched day 1 AND day 2? Answer: Virtually never. I took the chance to celebrate and sorta rub it in scum's face. Besides, whether I'm scum or town, why would I word it any other way? I'm not gonna post: EVERYONE BUT ME AND MY SCUMBUDDY IS AWESOME, or TOWN IS AWESOME, as that would be scummy.
True, it's rare that both scum are killed in the first two lynches. It just sounded like scum gloating and trying way to hard to look like you're town. Newbies make mistakes like that. Well, you wouldn't word it any other way. The way it was worded in the first place is just scummy to me.

2nd one: Don't twist it. What I put is what I meant. He IS in a very bad position right now.
Just my interpretation of what you said, just like you interpreted Santos as being jumpy.
Not sure why I appear major scum. Santos attacked DD/me, and was preparing for a new assault against me just as he got lynched.
Bussing?
If seraphim is lynched and is scum that should absolutely clear me, but also please note I was fourth on the BW for santos.
Why should that clear you? I am not sure, but I am pretty sure I was one of the first people Day 1 to want to go after Seraphim. Does that absolutely clear me? No, it doesn't. And it doesn't clear you either. And once again, it's called BUSSING. If you're scum, you were bussing. 4th on the bandwagon? Well, shoot, guess I get 10+ points according to the Finding Mafia wiki page. Santos was going to die. There was no question about it. His lynch would've happened eventually. So you bussed?

I don't like how recently you have been wordpicking my posts OP. First the call on santos being jumpy [which he turned out scum] and now the addressing to seraphim.
I didn't even realize until you pointed it out that you were the same person who said that. That just makes me even more suspicious. Of course, you are #3. DJ and Sera are higher on my list, but there is two scum left, so obviously, I am wrong about one of you.
I currently have you and seraphim as my possible scum, with DJ as a distant third. If seraphim flips scum and I'm still around to see it, I'm not hesitating to put my vote on you.
Looks like we have the same two suspects (not counting our suspicions on eachother). If Sera flips scum, I'll probably go after DJ. If you're still around to see it? You can't get NK-ed, so I guess you think your lynch is now a possibility?

When I get around to it I'm going to make a case against seraphim, OP and DJ and see how each one stands.
Good luck with that. I do look forward to your cases on Sera and DJ though.

I said I had scum vibes coming from you. As of now, I am not willing to lynch you. Ideally, I want a Sera or DJ lynch for today.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:12 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Artem wrote:One more thing before I leave:
Seraphim wrote: That would be pretty smart but since they cannot talk
Scum have a QT in which they can communicate throughout the game. Day-talk is pretty standard for nightless.
I think Seraphim was playing 'dumb', to give him some townie points.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:46 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I really need to do a reread. I am just guessing, but for some reason I really feel that there were 2 scum bussing llama and 1 bussing Santos. I wouldn't even be surprised if the scum not bussing llama bussed Santos. That would be pretty smart but since they cannot talk, would be hard to set up. Anyway, thats just a feeling possibly driven by the Seraphim suspicions.
Kreriov actually said that, not Sera.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:56 am

Post by orangepenguin »

has anyone considered that what artem said might be a slip?
Well, I was thinking they could day talk too, but since it's been pointed out that they can't, I guess that idea is shot dead.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

grammer police, not spelling, lol
GRAMMAR police.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #18) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:08 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Why am I being lynched again? Because I have been ignoring this game and every other game I am in?

JamesBond is town. I believe that. I still don't like Krer ever since he voted me the first time around. I do thing my original wagon was scum driven. I think the scum is in DJ/Krer/Sera.

I am not confirmed town and I find it interesting that people say that. However, I do believe the scum are once again taking advantage of my absence.

What am I? L-2 ?

DJ continues to act scummy, his self-vote the latest in a long line of scummyness.

Now I have to go check on my other games, because if you do some research, I've been ignoring more than just this game.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Please try again without the OMGUS and some real analysis.
OMGUS? Because I haven't expressed suspicion about you day 1. Obviously, that post was just a place holder for "some real analysis" (not that I am a player who gives much analysis, in general, anyways).
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Vote: Seraphim

He has been at the top of my scum list for a while.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”