molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:00 am

Post by molestargazer »

No problem! This game looks pretty fun.

Right, even reading the last few posts shows that I'm replacing someone scummy.
Obviously I can't answer for his tells, but I'll do what I can.

I'll have a readthrough sometime today / tomorrow and see what I can come up with.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:12 am

Post by molestargazer »

Hey there.

I do indeed have a post restriction. I can't say ANY player names. At all. Not even whilst voting, nor in quotes.

Which is going to be a pain in the arse when I'm catching up. It means I'll have to refer to post numbers or avatars or such.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Unable to play mafia right now - life's too hectic with University. Apologies for replacing out...
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by molestargazer »

How've you managed to get a pro-town read on me already, the-guy-who-also-lost-a-bet?
What's your new posting style?

(Heh, this restriction might be quite fun)
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Right, a quick summary of my thoughts from Page 15- the start of P18.

I won't post massive walls-of-text and use the playstyle I've started using to catch up, which is to make all the points, save them, then just make a summary. If you want any more detail about anything I say, just ask for it.

Firstly, the guy who wanted to be called "The Guy with Glasses" (See the quote in Post 353) - as much as I'll try to keep what I call people consistent, it'll usually be the first thing that comes to mind when I mention you, be it avatar, join date, post number, or any combination of the above. I also want to keep people differentiated - hence why the post I just made - detailing "The-guy-who-also-lost-a-bet" - is a bad one, since it could be either of two players. In that situation, I hope you know who I meant.

I'm not a fan of Post 360, made by Some guy who I haven't thought of a name for yet. He FoSed Arctic-Bird-Guy for not mentioning something that was apparently scummy because 2 other people HAD found it scummy - but why that person in particular.
He also pointed out the-guy-who-loses-bets for making a case that is "too concerned about logic" and FoSed him for it. I took the liberty of looking back it at, and at first glance have found nothing worth mentioning.
So,
FoS: The guy who I haven't thought of a name for yet who made post 360

@Guy-with-the-ninja-esque-avatar-who-I-know:
What's FomS? (Post 377)

Agree with avatar-bet-guy in Post 388 regarding a crap unvote by... uh... Guy-who-joined-in-09-and-has-the-avatar-of-a-wheel-with-wings-on.

NOTE:
Arctic-Bird-Guy has been replaced by Dr.House-Guy. (I hope someone else watches this program and gets who I mean. The character in question's first name.)
NOTE:
Satan-Seed-Avatar-Guy now has his name. I'll try and remember that.

I quite like Dublin-Guy's (Look at his location) questioning of Some-guy-who-I-haven't-thought-of-a-name-for-yet, in the few posts around 412.

@ALL - If you have better names or ones that might be a bit more obvious, please say so.

So far, I have:

Guy-who-loses-bets (Obvious)
Guy-who-used-to-make-massive-posts (Hopefully also obvious)
Guy-who-sees-things (Look at the name)
Satan-seeds-guy (see that quote I pointed you to earlier. The avatar.)
The-guy-with-glasses (See his avatar and that quote on Page 15)
Dublin-guy (See: location)
Ninja-guy-who-I-know (Hopefully he'll confirm this himself)
Dr.House Guy (Hopefully someone will watch that program and know this guy's first name, which is the username. He replaced Arctic-Bird-Guy.)

:lol:
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #799 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 am

Post by molestargazer »

^ Is that style question directed at me or the guy you quoted?

Do you believe my post restriction or not?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:48 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr. House Guy

The others are correct.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:39 am

Post by molestargazer »

Note to self:
I've FoSed a dead guy. Damn. Well, I can see why he got lynched. I'll avoid commenting on him in future, then.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:12 am

Post by molestargazer »

@Dr.House Guy
- Please explain how faking a post restriction would benefit scum ASIDE from being an excuse to post less, which I am clearly not doing.

I assure that if Ninja-Guy had not asked, the post restriction would still apply. I understand that isn't going to do much to convince you, but frankly, I really can't see why you think it's fake and/or a sign of scumminess.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:47 am

Post by molestargazer »

long-post-guy wrote: moves into room three.
Going to other rooms is pointless.
Could you please explain why? Still a bit curious about this whole room thing.

Still waiting on a response from Dr.House-Guy Re: this post. But it hasn't been that long.

Think I'll do a tad more catching up shortly.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:15 am

Post by molestargazer »

I really don't see how the Double-vote thing Re.Dead-Guy-Who-I-FoSed is really relevant enough to prevent a case or even spend time discussing over. Yes, he made 2 votes in a post (Or I'm assuming that's what happened), and was perhaps careless in such post - but I don't see how it can be interpreted as a scumtell.
I will agree with Dublin-guy that his reaction to the resulting pressure was scummy, though.
Afraid there's not much else relevant to comment on regarding alive players that I've spotted up to midway through P19. So, onwards.

I'm not I like Dr.House-Guy's Post 472.
- Fails to pick up on Ninja-Guy's joke regarding the smelly restroom, and goes on to say that a room Ninja-guy was in was "suspicious". How can a room be suspicious?
- The next 2 points seem quite wishy-washy. "NO, what if..." to "I see, OK". And then "Agree", but "dublin-guy should calm down".
He doesn't seem to be taking a solid position on really anyone here.

Avatar-bet-loser makes a good point about Glasses-guy's IIoA catch up post. Whether it's worth anything, I don't know.
Although I don't like Avatar-bet-guy's amazing defensiveness about why he won't open his door around Page 22, and just says he doesn't see a reason.

@Avatar-Bet-Guy
- What's with that? Why didn't you unlock your door for Ninja-guy for so long, and just responded with jokes? Is there a reason you didn't unlock it for so long?

Also don't like Dr.House-guy's Post 563.
- "He's probably wrong, but why does that make him scum?". This is a blatant defence of avatar-bet-guy with no real reasoning behind it. Making up slips to try and get pro-town people lynched is something scum do.
- More wishy-washiness regarding Gut and the use of Meta.
Avatar-Bet-Guy, Post 566 wrote:k, Gregory is town.

Now reached the end of P23. So from what I've seen up 'til here,
Vote: Dr.House-Guy

- I don't like your wishy-washiness.
- I don't like his gunning at Ninja-guy for moving to a "suspicious" room.
- Blatant buddying with Avatar-bet-guy.

This vote is also pending his response to my post restriction question, and of course pending his response to these reasons for voting.

@Ninja-Guy
- Understood, thanks.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:16 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr.House-Guy wrote:does it need to be more? I've talked with some guys about it some time ago, and they agreed, that such a claim mostly helps scum.
Please tell me which 'guys' you talked to about it, and tell me the reasons for why such a claim helps scum.
Dr.House-Guy wrote:yeah, I get that, But there was a possibility you wouldn't have noticed.
Point accepted. I can't convince you either way now, I've made my point, I'll drop it.
Dr.House-Guy wrote:sure, I've attacked 2 guys, tried to give opinion about most thing, not yet changed my opinion, so I'm wishy-washy. cool.
Did you even read the posts I quoted? You gave one opinion, then gave the other side of it. You took no solid position.
Dr.House-Guy wrote:Am I not allowed to ask questions. when I don't understand an action, I ask that person about it. Is that wrong? I didn't vote him, I didn't Fos him, please tell me what I did wrong.
Of course you're allowed to ask questions. I wasn't attacking you for making a question.
HOW is a ROOM "suspicious"?
Dr.House-Guy wrote:are you freaking serious??? My first suspicions were of KMD with Myko. told that. Than KMD says : greg is obv town. so I'm buddying up???
I am serious.
I didn't look at your first suspicions. I looked at those pages. You seemed to be agreeing with each other an awful lot.
Dr.House-Guy wrote:so, pure omgus
Have you voted for me? NO.
I gave REASONS for my voting for you, most of which were nothing to do with your suspicion about my post restriction. OMGUS has nothing to do with it. In the pages I've read so far, you look scummy.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:17 am

Post by molestargazer »

@Avatar-bet-guy
- *sigh*
You lost ANOTHER bet?

Also, you still haven't answered the question. Please do so.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (isolation #12) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:05 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr.House-Guy wrote:what question?
Regarding why he didn't open a door. See the previous page.
Dr.House-Guy wrote:charnel/Myko, Nureins. The guy has a reason to hide behind when people accuse himher of lurking. and there are people who think that when someone has got a restriction, he/she can't be scum.
The guy who I replaced may have used this restriction as an excuse, yes, that is a scummy behaviour. I, however, am not doing. If I ever use this restriction as an excuse for lurking feel free to lynch me.
Those people are evidently either misguided or Long-post-guy. :P
Dr.House-Guy wrote:nah, you gotta read.
1 This was my rereadpost. I read something, didn't agree, and read a couple of pages later the situation had changed. So I said something like, forget last thing.
2 I said Myk's vote looked like omgus. I also said Phily should calm down. Phily looked really angry. The calm down thing had nothing to do with the case. If you find it scummy to try to get a nice, friendly game, please tell me, and I'll ignore you
1. So why bothing posting it if you realise you were wrong? Just seems like trying to fluff out your posts without actually posting any content.
2. Understood. Of course I don't want a hostile game.
Dr.House-guy wrote:IT IS FULL OF WEAPONS. Maybe scum can get their weapon to nightkill. Maybe one of us becomes vig. Statistically, vigs kill more townies then scum. I don't like a game in wich are 3 kill a day. possibly 3 townies.
I must've missed that. My bad.
Dr.House-guy wrote:you started investigating me because I attacked you and mm about the restriction. Have you infestigated every guy here like you have done with me? I don't think so, because I haven't posted that much, while you were able to write a lot of stuff about me, and I had the feeling some people were missing in that story. So, why me? I can think of only one thing. The attack on you. Voting someone because he attacks you is omgus.
- No, I was rereading and your posts caught my eye. I never said I started investigating you because of that, and it was indeed only a sidepoint. Please stop strawmanning.
- No, I haven't. That's because I read your posts that looked scummy whilst catching up. Attacking you doesn't make me scummy.
- BECAUSE THE POSTS I READ CATCHING UP LOOKED SCUMMY. As I have already explained.
Dr.House-guy wrote:you can say what you want, but if I hadn't talked about the restriction, you wouln't have voted my (yet)
No, I would have FoSed you, and perhaps voted for you at the end of the analysis if nothing scummier came up.
Thinking that you are wrong about your feelings Re:Post Restriction and voting you for it doesn't make it OMGUS.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (isolation #13) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:27 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr.House-Guy wrote:ok, but isn't it a little bit odd some persons are missing in your summary, especially glasses-guy, as there were a couple of guys who wanted to see him dead. to Me, this looked like a "hey, what has Dr.House-guy done, and the guys who could be connected to him" post
Either I've missed Glasses-guy's scummy posting, for which I apologise, or I've not reached it yet. I did only start reading at P15 - was it before then?

I assure you I was just pointing out what I saw. If I see something, regardless of who, I'll point it out. Your posting just around the recent area that I read just seemed to stand out.

Final question. Do you still think I have lied about my post restriction, and do you think that either answer you give makes me more scummy?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Post by molestargazer »

@Dublin-guy
- My suspicions are certainly lowered. Pending the reply to my final question I'll be unvoting and continuing to read through from where I left off.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Oops, that question wasn't directed at me. Ah well. It's been answered anyway.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:16 am

Post by molestargazer »

Unvote

Fair enough.
Will continue reading soon.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:59 am

Post by molestargazer »

@The-guy-suddenly-speaking-spanish
- What's with that? Post restriction?

For now, I endorse the bandwagon on Avatar-guy. Please just answer the question that I asked last page.
Vote: Avatar-bet-guy
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:18 am

Post by molestargazer »

I have no idea. I wouldn't endorse going any further than this. If anyone does, I'd seriously look at that.

I figured it'd be a little hypocritical of me to question him constantly over this question, and not put a pressure vote on having just unvoted.

*shrug*
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:35 am

Post by molestargazer »

@Mod
- Does this not count?
Seems as though my vote was included, however. Could you clear that up?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:24 am

Post by molestargazer »

Avatar-bet-guy wrote:So you had no idea how many votes it was, but you'd suspect anyone who placed a late vote.

I don't do this often, but
FoS ChildMolestar
1. Yes, I didn't know how many votes there were, but I was confident it was nowhere near lynch.
2. Yes, anyone later than L-2 with the amount of reasoning there is for your case would be suspicious.

3. That name's going a touch too far. If you must make fun of the name, please do so without reference to highly disgusting and illegal activities, thanks. :)
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:16 am

Post by molestargazer »

Agreeing with Avatar-guy's point about... the guy who I haven't thought of a name for yet. I don't even know what the avatar is. Dammit, give me a name, guy-who-made-post-886!
Said guy wrote:yes. but in that game i lied. in this game i am not lieing.
This relies on us taking your word for it. Which is a bad defence.
Said guy wrote: i was giving other players the oppurtunity to jump off the wagon. noone bit, so I hammered
If you're giving people the opportunity to hop off, you clearly don't like the wagon. Why finish it?

@Ninja-guy
- More details about your vote reasonings in Post 888 please?
Ex-long-post-guy wrote:Odd, that you say this, yet aren't voting for Dublin-guy.
Satan guy never gave an opinion on it. Why would he vote?

@Satan-guy
- DO you think it's scummy?
Dublin-guy wrote:We can all agree that dead-guy was definately deserving of the accusations made upon him
Can we? Why?
Dublin-guy wrote:thus why would I be 'reaching' at this point?
He's saying that the point itself is reaching.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (isolation #22) » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:44 am

Post by molestargazer »

Apologies for my absence.
Had very little time to post up 'til now. Expect some proper posting tomorrow or monday.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Before I go back and continue my read, I think it'd be a good idea first to catch up on the more recent events I've missed in my week or so off.

@Satan-guy
- The question was related to these 2 posts.
White-suit-guy wrote:do you think everyone in town needs to scumhunt?
Well, yeah.
Dr.House-guy wrote:yeah, play like you want,
when you're dead
This makes no sense. Is this a point against Suit-guy or not?
Ninja-guy wrote:You failed to answer my question, don. I asked if everyone (you included) had read the rules yesterday. If anyone had, you would have noticed what happens at deadline...
Whilst this is a very valid point, I find it a bit nit-picky. It's easy to forget these kinda things. He evidently didn't read the rules.
Silly mistake, but I don't think it's scummy. Either way, we would've only had 12 hours left, and the lynch still would've happened.
Dr.House-guy wrote:no lynch is not possible. you could have made a statement by voting KMD, and maybe some players would have changed their vote. Don't say there was no other option. There allways is.
This reeks of "Oh, look, there's another point, let's use it as if I've always said that".
Dr.House-guy wrote:so YOU should have been the one to try to get other people asking for the extension too. If you don't want to try that, you're just lazy.
This part of your case is "You should've asked for an extension"?
That's an awful reason to be trying to lynch someone. Not only that, he DID ask.
Dr.House-guy wrote:oh, and why is that? myko was pretty scummy day one, so lynching him didn't seem like a wrong thing for town. Unless you allready knew he was town.
What..?
This is just "Yeah, but you knew he was town because you're scum, which makes you scummy"?

Looking through White-suit-guy in Iso, he does indeed say these things:
White-suit Iso 1 wrote:
mod: i request deadline extension.
White-Suit Iso 3 wrote:please bold requests for an extension if you are interested.
White-suit Iso 5 wrote:why isn't anyone else bolding requests for an extension? are we all really so sure of myk?
I agree with white-suit that whether or not it's criticism is semantics and pretty pointless. Regardless, he brought the point up.

Just found this quote from Dr.House-guy in the quoter in Guy-who-sees-things' post 943:
Dr.House-guy wrote:No, but do they allways need to be lynched?
Quite ironic that he began to criticise White-suit guy for not knowing the deadline rule and lynching when he's said this - the lynch would've happened anyway!

Whilst Dr.House-guy has previously explained things I've seen in a reasonable manner, I think his case on White-suit guy is crap, and is partly riding along on things ninja-guy said in an attempt to lynch white-suit.
Unvote

Vote: Dr.House-guy
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #24) » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:24 am

Post by molestargazer »

Ninja-guy wrote:Man, you are full of OMGUS aren't you?
How is suit-guy 'full of OMGUS'? I've not seen an OMGUS vote towards you or vice-versa. Please explain?
suit-guy @ Ninja-guy wrote:who do you find most likely to flip scum and why?
I'd also quite like to know this. Who's your top suspect at this time and why? Please state reasons for your suspicion and not just by default.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 am

Post by molestargazer »

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:56 am

Post by molestargazer »

URL fail. You can still find it from there though.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Why so eager, guy-who-sees-things?

Avatar-guy - Could you give reasons for that?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Post by molestargazer »

Kmd4390 wrote:I already have.
Then how about helping me out and linking me to it / explaining again?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:26 pm

Post by molestargazer »

^Oh, damn. Forgot the post-restriction in the quote. Apologies, Mod. Could you fix it?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:05 am

Post by molestargazer »

If you want me to unvote, please address the points I made in the post where I voted for you - the case really was VERY weak.
At the end of the day, it's the best case I've got right now.

Don't just insult the case, if it's so weak address it and say why.

You have my vote 'til then.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:02 am

Post by molestargazer »

It's not tricky.
It could make you scum as you want to make a mislynch and thus let yourself and your scumbuddies survive another day.

What am I supposed to do? Say "Oh, well, it's scummy, but townies make mistakes too"?

You look scummy. Therefore I am voting for you.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #994 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Post by molestargazer »

@Dr.House-guy
- The modkill might still happen, unfortunately. It doesn't seem the mod's checked in yet. There's been no vote count or no acknowledgement of my apology.

I believe your roleclaim - kinda like a Paranoid Gun Owner?
Dr.House-guy wrote:Guys, I've asked you twice what were the reasons of the 4 votes on me. the only thing I've heard is the bad case. I would have understanded 1 or 2 votes, but 4 is a little bit to much, ain't it.
No.
It's the best case we have so far. It looks scummy. For me, it's worthy of a lynch.
Dr.House-guy wrote:I KNOW WHO YOU ARE (about 85%)
?

The question is whether or not to continue with your case and push for a lynch.
Your roleclaim is an ideal scumclaim. It's warning off anyone from investigating you or trying to kill you, and backing this up with the fact that they'll die.
It's very possible that if your role is true, someone will go ahead and do it anyway just to make sure.

Leaving you alive is a risk. I don't know yet if I'm willing to take it.
My vote will stay for now. I'll think about it.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr.House-guy wrote:exciting. Mod has posted again allready, and she didn't mention it. Kinda looks like you don't have a ristriction, doesn't it?
Oh, spare me the theatrics.
There is NO reason for me to fake this restriction, and you have not yet come up with ONE reason why I would as scum.
Dr.House-guy wrote:did I say that? NO. I said I'm a doc with a little side effect. you should have been able to read that.
Jesus christ, calm down. I'll have to reread that bit.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (isolation #34) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:22 am

Post by molestargazer »

Why in the HELL do you want me modkilled?

I agree it's odd that I haven't already. But for christ's sake, it's one small error. Anyone could make that error. You are being perfectly willing to kill off a townie just to satisfy your whim - and I think that's VERY scummy.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (isolation #35) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:28 am

Post by molestargazer »

In fact, I'll add to that. You're willing to kill off someone whose alignment you don't know. Which means you could be killing off a powerrole. Or just a townie who could have really helped out as the game progressed.

Unvote
Vote: The-guy-who-wants-me-modkilled

(Call it OMGUS if you like. I don't care. It's insanely scummy.)

In case the mod DOES go through with the request, I guess I'd better reread and put as many of my opinions across as possible.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (isolation #36) » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:36 am

Post by molestargazer »

I agree that guy-who-sees-things appears scummy. His defense of Dr.House-guy was plain ridiculous and really does seem to backup the fact that Dr.House-guy's scum.
Yes, the only reason I had for voting him at the time was his bad case. I had nothing better, and I'm not going to apologise or retract that case. I really, really think that he could be scum.

Guy-who-wants-me-dead seemed pretty pro-town prior to his attempt to get me modkilled. His actions were plain ridiculous, and I would seriously consider him as another member of the scumteam for willingly killing off a town player (With a handy excuse for it, I might add).

Satan-guy and Ninja-guy seem pretty pro-town to me. They've done nothing to cause a ping on my scumdar and are contributing.

Everyone else I don't really have a read on. This could be due to my (or their) inactivity, and is something that could be looked at in-depth. Since I may have very little time left, I can't really catch up on them all now.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (isolation #37) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:04 am

Post by molestargazer »

I know there's nothing that I can do or say to convince you that the post restriction is real.
I don't know why the mod's spared me. I'm grateful he has.

You, however, have no idea as to my role and all of a sudden you want me dead. You want to end the day, without further discussion as to who else wants me lynched and why (Information that could help the town a LOT if it comes to my death) and
possibly
have the town punished for your idiocy.
20* A modkill will end the day. However, if the modkill is used for strategic reasons, one player on your side will get punished.
Feel free to vote for me. Explain why, if you even have a case apart from the post restriction.
Give reasons APART from the damn post restriction, and I'll GLADLY explain them to you.

You look scummy as hell.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (isolation #38) » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:05 am

Post by molestargazer »

why would a townie fake a post restriction for this long?
They wouldn't. The restriction is REAL.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:52 pm

Post by molestargazer »

guy-who-wants-me-dead wrote:fine then.

please post again and use someones name. if it is a minor infraction then you should at least recive some sort of warning and not a modkill.
No. That's plain ridiculous.
Once, as a mistake, can easily be forgiven by a mod. Doing it again, on purpose, could easily be modkillable.
This just seems like a roundabout way to achieve your goal - my death my modkill. Which makes me think you're even more scummy.
satan-guy wrote:You're misunderstanding. The Mod has said that whether or not rules are real will not affect how he enforces them. For example, if I claimed to be under a restriction where I could post using only smilies, I would be punished for breaking that rule even if it were only an imaginary, self-imposed rule. So whether --- gets a warning or not via your method is null with regard to both her alignment and whether she is lying.
Note - I'm a he. :P
This is, however, a valid point.
guy-who-wants-me-dead wrote:the fact that there was no warning and that the mod is retroactively backing up the story makes me think the mod took some time to think on this one lending more towards --- being a big fat liar.
Have you ever paused to consider the idea that the mod doesn't want to intervene at all as that could actively tip the balance of the game?
You're also being aggressive.
Why isn't this guy dead?!
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:24 am

Post by molestargazer »

If you need clarification, the PM with my restriction states that I have to censor/paraphrase ALL names, including those in quotes in the "X Wrote..." at the top of quotes, and including votes (The latter I specifically asked about).
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:41 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr.House-guy, in his RC post wrote:I KNOW WHO YOU ARE (about 85%)
Sorry if someone's already asked this, but, can you explain what you mean by this / elaborate on the point?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:07 am

Post by molestargazer »

Oh, please.
How can I rolefish if he's already roleclaimed?!
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (isolation #43) » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:43 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'm not breaking the rule intentionally. That's just ASKING for a modkill.
The mod may have forgiven before due to the fact he knew it was a mistake, or because there was an apology (did the-guy-I-replaced apologise? I forget).

Either way, I can't see it going unpunished. And it would be foolish to try.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1216 (isolation #44) » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 am

Post by molestargazer »

Dr.House-guy wrote:What if the mod extended his punishment till next night. that would make sense, wouldn't it. There is no mod who will except a offending of a restriction without punishment.
Well, obviously there is...

Your theory makes no sense at all. Why on earth would a mod wait to modkill - and if you truly believe in that theory, why are you voting for me now when you think I'll die overnight anyway?
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (isolation #45) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:08 am

Post by molestargazer »

What, what?!
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:09 am

Post by molestargazer »

@MOD
- I did NOT request replacement.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1234 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:16 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'll formulate my own opinions, thanks.
Sometime this afternoon, I'll have a quick read of the case on Dr.House-guy. I'm really not feeling it enough to put the hammer on at this moment in time.

I've also done absolutely nothing with the room mechanic during this day. Mainly because I don't understand how it could have an effect.
Since we're nearing a lynch, I figure the possibility of standing in the corridor is a bit silly.
I enter Room 4.

(I didn't want to use my own name, since that would counteract the post restriction.)
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1236 (isolation #48) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:15 am

Post by molestargazer »

guy-who-wants-me-dead wrote:you guys realize that with Dr.House-guy's help we can lynch post-restriction-guy, right? i mean, serously, stalling on page 50 and trying to point out the questionable post restriction is a bit disadvantageous.

post-restriction-guy, we are only nearing a lynch if you choose to vote or if we all switch to you. avatar-bet-guy has made it perfectly clear he is not participating in lynching one of the scummier players.
First paragraph:
... what?
- Why am I stalling? What would be the POINT in me stalling? It would be very easy for me to just end the day with one vote.
- Why am I trying to point out the post restriction? I'm entering a room, for christ's sake - the first time I've done it this game, hence I had to explain why I wasn't using the proper format
as laid out in the rules
so the mod would pick up on it.
- Why is the page number revelant? Discussion's still healthy. Debate is good.
You're building a case out of all you have on me that's anywhere near concrete, which revolves around outguessing the mod due to a post restriction.

Second:
Exactly. I might have chosen to vote. At the time, I didn't know.

Using your logic, with Dr.House-guy's help we could all lynch YOU. You've made a terrible case against me, and have some unknown thing against me ever since you tried to get me modkilled. You're opportunistic scum looking for an easy lynch target in me.
guy-who-wants-me-dead wrote:you and ninja-guy. you both seem to be asking for the lynch. i am willing to oblige. i voiced my suspicions earlier. that's when the greg wagon wasn't "cool".
So the greg wagon is cool now, so that's why you're jumping onto it without voicing your reasons or suspicion when you do so?

I hope that your threats to replace out and the slight flaming was made in anger. I don't have anything personal against anyone in this game. Nor should you.

My quick rereading of Dr.House-guy will take place this afternoon - if not right now. At this moment in time, though, I would far prefer to lynch guy-who-wants-me-dead.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (isolation #49) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 am

Post by molestargazer »

Me wrote:So the dr.house-wagon wagon is cool now, so that's why you're jumping onto it without voicing your reasons or suspicion when you do so?
Ignore this bit.
My apologies.

You stated your reasoning earlier.
molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (isolation #50) » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 am

Post by molestargazer »

Alright.
A quick read back through the game reveals many things about Dr.House-guy that I've mentioned before, and put on the backburner since guy-who-wants-me-dead started wanting me dead badly.

Whilst this lynch isn't the one I'd choose, we may as well end the day, test the lynchee's claim, and we can start the next day over with some fresh info.
Trying to change people's minds with the amount of suspicion I have on me and this far into the day would be like trying to turn back the tide. It ain't going to happen.

Unvote
Vote: Dr.House-guy

If by some miracle Dr.House's claims about a mod's delayed-modkill is true, I hope you guys look at guy-who-wants-me-dead and see why I've been yelling his scumminess for the past few pages.
If I survive tomorrow, I hope we can have a fresh look at things.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (isolation #51) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:28 am

Post by molestargazer »

I've obviously missed things.
Back at college now so access is restricted to evenings, which may or may not be taken up with RL activities and the like.

Apologies if my activity dips. I will attempt to catch up on what I've missed of D2 ASAP.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (isolation #52) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:12 am

Post by molestargazer »

I'm here. Did you miss me?
Will be typing this post as I read through. Apologies if I ask questions that have already been answered.

@Guy-who-sees-things
- Could you please explain a little more the reasons behind your vote for me in Post 1269?

@Avatar-bet-guy
- What's the case on guy-who-sees-things?

Right, it appears Ninja-guy hid last night. Coupled with the lack of kills, seems we can put 2 and 2 together. Obviously, it might not be the case that scum targeted Ninja-guy, but it seems likely.
I'm not sure I understand the panicked moving about by guy-who-wants-me-dead and guy-who-sees-things. Why's this?

In reference to guy-who-wants-me-dead's post here - Can a lack of any event not be an event in itself if one is usually the norm in this game?

@new-guy-with-the-little-avatar - Why?
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:02 am

Post by molestargazer »

Satan-guy wrote:Several players called Ninja-guy town, but a few players also said they'd clear Avatar-guy if Dr.House-guy turned up town. If you have a good reason for suspecting Ninja-guy was the target over Avatar-guy, please clarify.
None.

(I think I found all the names in that quote.)
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:10 am

Post by molestargazer »

I gotta admit I was a little taken aback by little-avatar-guy's quick hammer of guy-who-wanted-me-dead.
Whether it classes as a scumtell, I'm unsure. As much as I hate to enter the realm of WIFOM,
+ I would've been happy to lynch guy-who-wanted-me-dead.
- I probably wouldn't have done it quite so quickly. This opens the barrier to the 'opportunistic scum' train of thought.
Guy-who-sees-things, addressing avatar-bet-guy wrote:Either way if we are to believe you, we'd have to go under the assumption that you are town. But you're not. So how does that work?
Uh. Why are you so sure that avatar-bet-guy's scum?
tiny-avatar-guy wrote:Everyone: Who do you find the most scummy out of everyone here?
Not an easy question to answer. Why'd you want everyone's scumteam before you do anything?
I'm finding guy-who-sees-thing's play a little strange. But I don't have any meta on him to see if that's normal or not. For now, he'd be on my scumteam.
I don't like your (tiny-avatar-guy) hammer on guy-who-wanted-me-dead.

I guess the third scum is either New-ish-gal (Note: Not guy. I'm sure you can figure out who this is) or Satan-guy. I'm inclined to say new-ish-gal because of the severe lack of anything at all. Could be an 'under-the-radar' thing. If it's a V/LA, then I'd go with satan-guy purely out of elimination. I've seen nothing from him that screams scum at me so far.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (isolation #55) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:22 am

Post by molestargazer »

guy-who-sees-things wrote:Asked? She said she wanted to hammer, I said go ahead, she hammered, at which point I giggled like a girlscout.
This post rubs me the wrong way.
The whole girlscout thing, although it may have been intended as a joke.. why giggle if you've just told someone to hammer a townie? The whole giggling thing makes it seem like deception was meant.
satan-guy wrote:I've already said that I think we should lynch one of you and tiny-avatar-guy for that incredibly sketchy hammer.
Agree.
I think it would be a bad idea to ignore what happened there.

I see it's massclaim time.
I'm a Bunny. To be more precise, a Politcian Bunny. Apparently, I detest any liars and therefore want to find the wolves hiding in amongst us.

If you can find any more meaning with that, be my guest. I'm clueless.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1479 (isolation #56) » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:41 am

Post by molestargazer »

satan-guy wrote:what do you make of avatar-guy's behavior today?
Without doing any reading, I wouldn't put him as particularly scummy.
Whilst he's flipped his votes around in regards to the 4 he thinks scummy, it doesn't stick as particularly scummy behaviour to me.
satan-guy wrote:It is scummy to go from new-gal being 4th most likely scum to 1st most likely scum without a decent reason.
Forgive my potential idiocy, but, why?
ninja-guy wrote:Also, I know your role, so this should tell me if you are scum or town...
If you do, is saying that not a silly move?
Assuming you only know the flavour (such as my being Politician), and not if they're a bunny or not, then you're alerting her to the fact that you know it, so she'll just tell the truth and no-one will be any the wiser as to her alignment?
Correct me if I'm wrong.

I should solidify my position.
Vote: Tiny-avatar-guy

His hammer of guy-who-wanted-me-dead was fishy at best, IMO. It just seems like we're letting him off the hook for a scummy quickhammer.
As I've already stated, during D2 I would've been very happy to see guy-who-wanted-me-dead lynched. But the speed of it seems scummy to me. This combined with his lack of reasonings for his vote (Look at his ISO 0-6), there's apparently no reason for the hammer at all. It seemed in fact that at the time he found avatar-guy scummiest.
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

molestargazer
molestargazer
Goon
molestargazer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:17 am

Post by molestargazer »

Good game, folks!
I really thought you'd have me when I first replaced in and the whole PR stuff. It was fun trying to squirm my way out of it.

Well played, Looker & Hayl!
My Wiki Page
|
My Last.FM
|
My Steam
I am
not
called 'molest'.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”