Game Status: Over, Gangsters win!

Survivors:

xofelf (replacing AshMC1984) - Zombie Tom the Peeper
imaginality - Charles the Kidnapper
Snow White (replacing Rashiminos) - Ralph the Cab Driver
Snow_Bunny - Mary Rose the Split Personality
Ground (replacing stark) - Eleanor the Socialite

Pining for the fjords:

skitzo - Wade the Coward (Lynched, Day 1, Gangster.)

Jazzmyn (replacing springlullaby) - Carmen the Burgular (Poisoned, Night 1, UC cop)

Eldritch Lord (replacing egruntz) - David the Magician (Lynched, Day 2, UC cop)

TonyMontana - Jack the Hit Man (Arrested, Night 2, Gangster)

Snix - Chloe the Poet (Carved like a turkey, Night 2, UC Cop.)

joe 478 (replacing ~Jordan`) - Bruce the Martial Artist (Poisoned, Night 3, Gangster)

lewarcher82 - Robin the Genius (Chased out of Town by Mary Rose, Night 3, Tina in disguise)
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:58 am, edited 23 times in total.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:10 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

When the founding gang regained control of Atomic Falls, Manitoba, the word went out among the criminal element of Canada. From Dawson to Halifax, low-lives, brigands, thieves, and other unsavory characters flocked to the small town, hoping for a new age of uninterrupted crime.

But, not all of the new arrivals are as crooked as they say they are. Three are undercover cops, who have been waiting for this day for 25 years. Their goal is to infiltrate the ruling crime syndicate, and take it down from the inside. This won’t be easy, as each night, one of the cops must drop their act, and make an arrest. That person will be taken out of Atomic Falls, and sent to a maximum security prison in Regina, from which there is no escape.

Oh, yeah, and it’s known that Tina, the psycho stripper who tried to kill everyone last time, has left the USA and is likely coming back to Atomic Falls, to finish what she started. She still kills with a poison, and she still dances to distract her enemies. And now, she has assumed the guise of someone else, and can perform that person’s night action as well.

Charles the Kidnapper
(played by imaginality),
Bruce the Martial Artist
(played by ~Jordan`), and
Mary Rose the Split Personality
(played by Snow_Bunny) are still living in Atomic Falls, having survived the last encounter. Plus, the background radiation of the town has brought
Tom the Peeper
(played by xofelf) back to life, as a zombie. (We don’t call it Atomic Falls for nothing, eh?) But any one of them could be a UC cop; or Tina. But what about the new arrivals?

Could it be
Wade
(played by skitzo)? That paranoid conspiracy theorist is scared of his own shadow. The town doesn’t see much of him. He usually keeps himself holed up in the bomb shelter under his house. In fact, he’s been in that bomb shelter the entire last round. At least he’s safe from the killer there. Unfortunately, he recently developed a plumbing problem down there, so he can’t stay sheltered two nights in a row. Nah, it couldn’t be Wade. Right?

What about
Chloe, the poet
(played by Snix) from Montreal? She’s a mysterious one, all right. She can usually be found near the coffee house on poetry night. Her pieces are strangely inspiring. They have been known to cause people to do more with their lives. Every night, she reads a poem to someone, and that person can use their night action an extra time. She can’t, however, inspire someone who’s been distracted or kidnapped. She packs a punch, all right, but whose side is she on?

Keep an eye out for
Ralph, the taxi driver
(played by Snow White) from Ottawa. He’s been known to grab people into his car, and drive them places they don’t want to go. Every night, he grabs two people, and drops each one off at the other one’s house. Anybody else that planned to target one person will instead target the other. He cannot switch himself with anyone, because he has no home. He lives in his cab.

David
(played by
egruntz
Eldritch Lord), from Edmonton, is a magician, which automatically means he’s not to be trusted. But he means well, and he tries to protect people with his “Magic Safe” illusion. He places his target in the safe, and locks it. Then, after the attacker does his business through a hole in the side, David opens the safe to reveal that it is empty! He then spins the safe around and unscrews the back panel, from which the target emerges, unharmed! Of course, someone has to attack the safe. Otherwise, the person gets trapped inside the secret compartment, with no food or water, and, well, you get the picture.

What about
Eleanor
(played by Ground), from Nunavut? She’s a social butterfly, who likes making friends and influencing people. Every night, she introduces herself to someone, exchanges phone numbers, and forms a strong bond. Eleanor can communicate secretly with her friends, and they with each other. However, she has no idea whether her new friends are really enemies. Even her friends can’t confirm her alignment.

Let’s hope it’s not
Robin, the criminal mastermind
(played by lewarcher82) from the Yukon. From the laboratory in her garage, she can dispatch a fleet of automatons. She only has three right now: a probe that can search someone’s house while they’re away, and find conclusive proof of their alignment (gangster, cop, or Tina); a floating cocoon that can find someone, and protect them from all attacks for one night; and a terminator that can track down a person and obliterate them. Unfortunately, Robin hasn’t had the time to work out all the bugs in her droids; they all have the annoying habit of self-destructing once they’ve completed their job.

Beware of
Carmen
(played by
springlullaby
Jazzmyn), a cat burglar from Moose Jaw. She can steal into a person’s house at night, and steal their tools of the trade, such as Mary Rose’s machete, Robin’s machines, or David’s magic props. The effected player becomes a vanilla gangster/UC cop/Tina. Unfortunately, Carmen doesn’t know much about anything other than burglary, so she can’t use what she takes.

And finally, there’s
Jack
(played by TonyMontana), the infamous “Nova Scotia dropper.” He can kill anyone, even if his target is protected, even if he’s blocked. But the thing is he only has one bullet to use, so he can only kill once. Or so he says. If he’s a cop or the killer, all of his kills will be unstoppable. The question is, which is he?

The battle for Atomic Falls continues. Can the founding gang use their new power over the town to keep control of it? Will the police finally bring down the biggest crime ring in Canada? Or will Tina be the only one left standing?
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:38 am, edited 6 times in total.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

GAME RULES
(proudly stolen from Tenchi)

ETHICS

0. You will always be under the forum rules and guidelines. Please read them here.
1. I am the Mod. I will be as reasonable as I can, and feel free to question me on what I do. But I will always have the final say.
2. If you have a problem or a question, send me PM me or use bold text in this format:
Mod: Message

3. No editing or deleting your posts for ANY reason. Use another post to rewrite what you wanted to say.
4. Roles trump rules. If there is a conflict between the rules and the role, the role wins.
5. Do not communicate with anyone outside of this thread regarding in-game information.
6. No posting of game related screenshots.
7. When you're dead, you may PM me a (long) bah post and I will post it for you. I reserve the right to cut any game related information.
8. All in game mod notes will be in
Green
. Please do not use it.

BASE GAMEPLAY

1. All votes should be bolded and use this format:
Vote: Name.
If you are going to chance your vote, please
Unvote
first.
Oh, and make sure the name you use is the name of the character the user is playing, not their user name.
Vote: Sven the Researcher
is acceptable,
Vote: Prof. Guppy
is not. You've been warned.

2. If a majority is reached, then the person with the most votes will be lynched.
3. If a majority is not reached by the specified deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched.
4. Players may opt to not take action or to
Vote: No Lynch
. If a majority votes "No lynch", the day will end and the next night will begin.
5. Vote counts will be posted at the top of every page. Depending on activity, this deadline may be extended (see below).

SPECIAL GAMEPLAY
1. Every player has a nighttime power, which is public knowledge, based on your character.
2. Three characters have been randomly selected to be undercover policemen (mafia). Every night, one UC cop must forgo their usual night action to carry out an arrest (equivilent to a kill).
3. One character is Tina, the mysterious Killer from the last game. She is able to kill AND roleblock one player AND preform his/her usual night choice. Tina's NK is invisible to investigators, but it can be blocked and/or healed.
4. If your role PM says you are a "Gangster", you are town, and you win when the town wins. I'm trusting you guys to know what that means. If you don't, you probably have no business being here.
4. Roleplay is encouraged. Try to describe your actions in terms of your character's life, not you typing at your computer.

DEADLINES AND PRODS

1. Three weeks from when a day officially begins is the minimum deadline for each day.
2. If there is sufficient activity and requests for replacements, I will extend this deadline one week.
3. I will extend the deadline two days for every replacement.
4. Night deadlines are 72 hours from the posting of the death scene.
5. A prod will go out if the player is inactive for 72 hours or more without notifying the mod of V/LA or other issues.
6. A player will automatically be replaced if he/she has not responded to the prod and has been absent for more than five days.
7. I will prod on request.

THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE OF ALL

This is a game, so have fun, and don't make it not fun for anyone else.
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:19 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

In just a moment, I will send out role PMs. Confirmation is done by introducing yourself, in character, in the game thread. Day 1 begins as soon as everyone has confirmed.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

24 hours more, then I seek replacements.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:16 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Time's up for Ash. And I so wanted him to reprise his role. Ah, well, what can you do? Seeking Replacement now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:41 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Some days, I wonder why I even bother making up games.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

xofelf replaces Ash, effective now. Even though he hasn't confirmed yet, enough players are here to begin Day 1.

GAME ON!

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

~Jordan` wrote:
lewarcher82 wrote:Ok, I checked my PM's and xofelf is right. I can now assure you that I can use all the droids I want even in a single night. Hence I confirm that Chloe would give me potentially 2 kills, 2 investigations and 2 saves, if I wanted to play all my cards in a night. But this is pure speculation.

I am still convinced that my plan involving Chloe, the Zombie and Bruce would guarantee three nights of watcher's activity, if none of them is scum. I could investigate the Zombie in order to know if we can trust him, and the course of the events would probably make it evident if any among me and the three aforementioned people is scum (of course this would be fail iff me and the Zombie were both scum, but I have a feeling all the plans would have a similar problem).

This is my proposal. What do you people think about it?

*Robin lights a cigarette and takes some other pills, then she starts working with her laptop*
No. You ONLY HAVE 1
OF EACH KIND OF
ROBOT
This
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

lewarcher82 wrote:I also have a
question for Mod: If I perform one of my once-in-the-game actions and get blocked, do I loose the action or can I still perform it on a following night?

One-shot actions can be reused if blocked.

This is very important in my case, cuz for instance in Mary's chain I should "shoot all my bullets" tonite... if Tina or someone else blocks me, shall I have wasted all my actions?

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Order of action resolution:
All roleblocking actions occur at the same time
Followed by all redirecting actions (Like Ralph)
Protections come next,
Then all Kills,
Then all other non-investigative roles (Like Eleanor's)
And finally, all investigative roles.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Currently prodding 2 wayward players. Failure to respond within 24 hours will warrant replacement.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:47 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Currently seeking 2 replacements.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Eldritch Lord replaces egruntz as David.
Jazzmyn replaces springlullaby as Carmen.

Oh, my post is first, huh? Okay, then I don't have to do this in green, eh?

Top of the page vote count:
Wade has 2 votes (Mary Rose, Charles)
Carmen has one vote (Ralph)
David has one vote (Bruce)
Ralph has one vote (Robin)
7 players are not voting (David, Tom, Wade, Chloe, Carmen, Eleanor, Jack)
7 to lynch, eh?
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:32 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

<modsigh>

Rashimos has requested to be replaced. Seeking Replacement now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:27 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Snow White replaces Rashiminos as Ralph the taxi driver.

Official deadline is Oct 7, 1400 GMT

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Lastly. @Mod. Considering i have just replaced in and there have been two replacements before me and there are at least 3 inactives could we possibly have an extention on the deadline? Sorry.
Extention Granted. You have 48 more hours to lynch somebody, or there won't be a lynch at all. Also, I will prod those inactive players one last time. If they don't post in 24 hours, they will be replaced. (They ought to be modkilled, but the last time I did that, I got lynched.)

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

@Charles, you're right, rule 3 still applies. I just failed my Knowledge (rules of my own freaking game) check.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:34 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

@Robin, If that happens, nobody dies.

Oh, and Stark has asked to be replaced. I guess skitzo needs to be replaced as well.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #19) » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:04 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Deadline, kiddies. Too much craziness to articulate in a death scene, so, yeah.
Wade the Coward
has been lynched. He was too scared to oppose the mafia takeover, so technically, he was a
Gangster.
Bad news for the law-breaking citizens of Atomic Falls.

Night 1 begins now. You have 72 hours to send me your night choices by PM. If I don't find a replacement for Eleanor by then, I may have to just modkill her.

EDIT: Ground replaces stark. That is all.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Nighttime is over. Time to wake up. It seems the gangster's plan to hamstring the cops came off without a hitch. No arrest was made last night. However, there was a death. Tina managed to poison
Carmen the Burgular.
Attached to the body was a note from Tina.
Consider this a small favor from me. Since you can't find the UC cops yourself, I'll have to do it for you. But this doesn't mean I'm not still pissed at you. I just can't afford to have the cops find me. Once the other two are dead, I'm coming for you!
Yes, Carmen was a
UC cop.
Day 2 begins now. 10 alive, 6 to Lynch.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Mod, can we know in which order the night killings take place or is it against the rules?
Typically, I let the most dangerous killer have first strike ability. That means SK has priority over the scum, who have priority over Vigs.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:47 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Well, allrightythen. After the gangsters came to a consensus, the decided to put the kibosh on
David the Magician.
But before they could, Jack pulled out his badge, and screamed, "You are all under arrest, by the auth..." He never finished, because the criminal element of Atomic Falls (i.e. everybody) killed him on the spot. Yes, he was a
UC cop.

Night 2 begins now. You have 72 hours from this post to get your night action in, or it won't count.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:58 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Okay, so, when you all woke up, you found
Chloe's
body in the town square, cut to ribbons. This was obviously the work of Mary Rose. When you examine the body, you discover a badge and a gun. Yep, Chloe was a wolf in sheep's clothing, a
UC Cop.

But, you couldn't find her handcuffs. This concerns you, because this means she could have potentially made an arrest before she got carved up. You search every house in town, and your search confirms your fears.
Jack the Hit Man
is gone. A quick search of his house confirms what you have always known. He was
Gangster
through and through.

So, the good news is you finally got rid of the cops. The bad news is Tina is still at large. And she won't rest until all of you are dead. 7 crooked thugs remain. 4 votes is all it takes to lynch. Have at it!

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Jack the Hit Man calls from the grave thusly:
I hang my avatar on the hatrack in shame, and bite the bullet I never placed.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of Tina and may her arms be too short to scratch.

Go Gangsters.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:55 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Seeking replacement for Bruce...now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:27 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

joe478 replaces Jordan as Bruce the martial artist.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #27) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Final Vote Count:
No lynch has four votes: (Charles, Bruce, Zombie Tom, Robin.)
Robin has two votes: (Mary Rose, Eleanor)

Night 3 begins now. You have 72 hours to get your night action in, starting now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:56 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

At long last, a narrative death scene. Yay!

The notorious killer Tina was leaving the dark alley. She caught up with
Bruce, the martial artist,
and finished him off with a deadly spray of poison.

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time," she mused to herself.

"Funny, I was about to say the same thing," said a mysterious voice.

Tina felt cold steel against her back. She turned to see where the voice came from.

"Well, well, well, Mary Rose. Finally come out to play?"

"I knew it was you," Mary Rose said. "You may have fooled the others, but I know the truth. Just after you arrived in the USA, you flew to Alaska, hitchhiked across the border to Dawson, established a new identity, and studied robotics until you had it mastered. Finally, under the guise of
Robin, a criminal mastermind
, you came back to Atomic Falls to finish us all off."

"Yes, it's true, all of it," Tina admitted. "A plan so convoluted, so complex, so highly improbable, that no sane person would ever suspect it. Naturally, it was your first instinct."

"Oh, yeah. But there's still one thing I don't understand. Two things, actually. First, I was wide open for a poison attack during my exposition speech. Why didn't you just spray me and get away?"

"I'm not going to kill you. In all honesty, your split personality amuses me."

"Which brings me to my second question: Why? Why are you trying to wipe this town out?"

"Because you're all murderers! You killed my mother, and my little sister!"

Mary Rose tilited her head. "Yeah, I don't remember that. I mean, I probably did kill them, but I just don't remember it. See, I've killed a lot of people. Jog my memory."

"When I was a little girl, my parents split up. My dad and I stayed at our home in Toronto, while my mother and baby sister came here. Later, when I came to visit them, the mayor directed me to my mother's grave. I never found my sister's grave, but I know she is dead. The lawful authorites did nothing to stop their deaths. That makes the whole town responsible. You must all suffer!"

"Wait a minute. What was your mother's name?"

"Susan Anna Rebecca Ashley Hannah Smith, but my dad always called her SARAH."

"Oh my god!"

"What?"

Mary Rose shook her head. "Get out. Get out of town, right now. I'm letting you get away this one time. Hurry, before Mary takes control again."

Tina did as she suggested.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Mary said to Rose. "You let the crazy bitch go!"

"Weren't you listening?" Rose answered. "SARAH Smith? Our mother, God rest her many souls, is her mother as well! Tina is our sister!"

"So? She's a murderer. The town will celebrate her death."

"Mary! I knew you were an axe-crazy psycho, but this? You would destroy the only family we have left?"

"We're better without family. Especially evil family."

"No. I let you kill people who were against us before, but I cannot allow this. Tina may still be redeemed. And I won't rest until she is."

"Well, I won't rest until she's dead."

"Wow. I think our life just reached Jerry Springer status."

So, Bruce is dead, and he was gangster. Robin, who was Tina in disguise, was going to be killed by Mary Rose, until she had a change of heart. Bottom line, all threats to the gang have been eliminated. GANGSTERS WIN!

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:02 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

Hmm, lessee here, I've got five citizens still alive, and plenty of characters to introduce. I even have another underlying plot for a third installment. Yes, I believe I'll call it "Schism in Smalltown Y." But it may not appear online for a while yet. My life is pretty crazy right now.

Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:17 am

Post by Prof. Guppy »

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you will have to wait until things in my life settle down before I post a new game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”