Mini 990: YuGiOh! The Abridged Mafia - (OVER)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:18 am

Post by Plum »

Guess who's here? ME.

I'll be reading over soon. Might just iso the dead scum first, look for leads, iso them, see where I am, and get a full readthrough done sometime within the next day or so.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Plum »

Look. I'm new here but likely the scum have fakeclaims. It's not likely that the Mod screwed the safeclaims up so badly that we can find the scum based solely on whether or not the guy's last name is included. Just look at the claim: is it plausible? Yes. Could Mokuba Kaiba be a safeclaim? Could be. Could Mokuba actually be scum? Well, it's within the realm of possibility but seems unlikely. Do we want to spare him as a potential lynch candidate based on this claim and his claimed powers (and remember, this probably means running someone else up to claim with all the cons of that)? Or do we not? The guy doesn't know if Seto Kaiba's even Town or scum or whatnot. He doesn't know what, if anything, happens if he finds Kaiba. All he does is find Kaiba. That's not a super special awesome kind of power, if you get my drift. I haven't read Pie or much of the game myself, don't even know if he'd be my top lynch candidate or not, but stick to rational principles in the meantime.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Plum »

OR it's likely that one set is all Town and one set is scum/Town.

ATTENTION DUELISTS

MY HAIR WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THE VOTECOUNT!

AlmasterGM (0) -
Brandi (0) -
bv310 (0) -
charter (0) -
FakeGod (1) - bv310
Fishythefish (0) -
InflatablePie (4) - Jarti Brandi Charter FakeGod
Jarti (0) -
MaxMouse (2) - AlmasterGM Fishythefish
Plum (1) - InflatablePie

10 alive, 6 to lynch
Last edited by Riceballtail on Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Plum »

charter wrote:Do either of you have any basis which makes the scenario you suspect "likely"?
Eh, no, not empirically. 'Eminently quite possible' maybe . . . Siblings traditionally had the strong possibility that one of the two was scum, though in this case it might be more likely to be Kaiba than Mokuba. Then again if either's Mafia it's more likely to be Kaiba, flavorwise, and I'm not even sure about that one, because at this point we have no reason to suspect we have a Serial Killer, and I'm not sure there's enough room for Kaiba on a three-man Mafia team so he was maybe just stuck in as s Town role. If there
are
two sets of siblings in a mini Theme I'd strongly suspect one Mafia member within the four of them at least. There may not be, the Mokuba claim in that case being a lie.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Plum »

Yes, Brandi, I think we all agree that having his name listed as Mokuba Kaiba as opposed to just Mokuba indicates next to nothing.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by Plum »

AlmasterGM wrote:I don't agree.
We have some people who claim to have first names only listed and some who have first names and last names listed. There seems to be little in the way of a defining factor except maybe convenience/what thew character is called most often. Given that Seto Kaiba is often just Kaiba, and that his brother's surname is also Kaiba it's quite plausible that he'd be listed as Mokuba Kaiba. Either in a safeclaim bit in a scum Role PM or in a Townie's Role PM. I severely doubt that (assuming the scum have safeclaims, which is very very likely - unless I missed something?) the Mod messed up the scum safeclaims so badly that we all have only first names except for the screwed up scum safeclaims. I find it much much more likely that there is no hard and fast rule and that it's a nulltell part of the claim itself. I don't think the claim itself is something which should change the minds of people who were pushing to lynch Pie.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:01 am

Post by Plum »

charter wrote:Good work town.

I'm still trying to get over the five antitown roles in a game.
When the Lyncher is targeting the scum Godfather it's really more like four . . . plus the Cop was untargetable half the time.

Anyway, no mislynches (and really my points on the Mokuba claim were 'the double name or not doesn't matter; but if you were gunning to lynch him before you should realize this is not the sort of claim which should stop you and could well be a fakeclaim'.

I'm okay about replacing in and eating an NK . . . ah, well, it would've been nice to stay but I was doing Pom a favor so yeah.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”