Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #0) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

A few of you are overreacting a bit too much, especially CryMeARiver, Timeater, and Andrius. Less fully caps word, more content posts.
CryMeARiver wrote:Question to everyone: Should we post which we voted for or not and why?
I disagree with this. I rather keep this a surprise so we don't ruin it. But seriously, discussing gameplay mechanics isn't really going to get us much results. I saw the argument and it hasn't really been too productive.
CryMeARiver wrote:Do you have any town reads yet?
Not yet. Will change as the game goes on.
CryMeARiver wrote:Do you enjoy short walks on the beach?
Why are you dubious and does that make me expect you to be scummy?
Why do you eat Tim and then deny him the respect of admitting it?
CryMeARiver, three out of the four questions you asked here contribute nothing to the game. Hell, the last two made absolutely no sense and the last question sounds like an attempt to hide RVS in a question, which does not fool me.

Now I'd like to ask you people a question. Are you getting any sort of scummy reads on anyone?

I have a slightly scummy read on CryMeARiver already.

With that said,
Vote: CryMeARiver

And it's not because of those mostly unproductive questions. It's because you're the main force of this discussion that will not benefit us in the long run. RVS fine, even good when ulitized well, but this discussion is going to get nowhere pretty quick.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:30 am

CryMeARiver wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:A few of you are overreacting a bit too much, especially CryMeARiver, Timeater, and Andrius. Less fully caps word, more content posts.
CryMeARiver wrote:Question to everyone: Should we post which we voted for or not and why?
I disagree with this. I rather keep this a surprise so we don't ruin it. But seriously, discussing gameplay mechanics isn't really going to get us much results. I saw the argument and it hasn't really been too productive.
CryMeARiver wrote:Do you have any town reads yet?
Not yet. Will change as the game goes on.
CryMeARiver wrote:Do you enjoy short walks on the beach?
Why are you dubious and does that make me expect you to be scummy?
Why do you eat Tim and then deny him the respect of admitting it?
CryMeARiver, three out of the four questions you asked here contribute nothing to the game. Hell, the last two made absolutely no sense and the last question sounds like an attempt to hide RVS in a question, which does not fool me.

Now I'd like to ask you people a question. Are you getting any sort of scummy reads on anyone?

I have a slightly scummy read on CryMeARiver already.

With that said,
Vote: CryMeARiver

And it's not because of those mostly unproductive questions. It's because you're the main force of this discussion that will not benefit us in the long run. RVS fine, even good when ulitized well, but this discussion is going to get nowhere pretty quick.
CryMeARiver wrote:Small scum read on SlySly
Explain why SlySly is slightly scummy to you. So far, out of all of the no reads/null reads/scum reads I have, he's the closest to a town read.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Mon May 17, 2010 11:33 am

(faceplam)

Why did I quote that first post? How idiotic of me.

The latter one is the one that you should read, thought.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #3) » Mon May 17, 2010 12:03 pm

mb53 wrote:And you say that
they
are over reacting?
Luckily, they seem to stop now. However, look back at the earlier posts and you'll see that Timeater, Andrius, and CryMeARiver were overreacting a little, especially since most of there earlier posts consisted of multiple full caps words that wasn't really necessary.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Mon May 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Does anyone finds it weird that CryMeARiver dropped his case against SlySly when SlySly rebutted him? He even changed his vote to Andrius, who hasn't really been that scummy (Just a bit overreactive, but yeah, we need to move one from that argument, unless mb53 asks for evidence of how Andrius, CryMeARiver, and Timeater were being a little bit overreactive).

CryMeARiver, give your own reasons why Andrius has your vote. I calling BS on this quote below:
CryMeARiver wrote:@Mod: You clearly want me to be voting Andrius for some reason based on your last vote count, so back to the RV that I want and that's modconfirmed
Unvote; Vote: Andrius
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Tue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm

@CryMeARiver: I know this isn't the most active Mafia game, but I'd highly encourage trying to make a serious vote on someone you find the most suspicious. It sounds like a cop-out for not scum hunting. All you've been really doing since dropping his case on SlySly is trying to defend himself.

@InHimshallibe: I'd like for you to explain your case on Andrius. He has a null read from me.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Tue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

@CryMeARiver: Lurking is a scum tell, but I'm not going to vote a person just because they lurk. If they are truly passive lurking, they can just get replaced.

I want to focus on the person who in my opinion, has commited the most scum tells in the game and that person is you.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #7) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:18 pm

I agree with InHimShallIBe with his case on Andrius. I'll look into him more later.
FoS: Andrius

However, what I do find suspicious is that InHimShallIBe changed his vote on a person who's posts hasn't really been scummy at all. Why the sudeen change?
Timeater wrote:1. What option did you vote for, 1 or 2?
2. Do you think animorph is a good mod?
3. What do you think is most important when voting on roles?
1. I voted for the first option.
2. So far, he's pretty good.
3. I don't really have an original thought on this, I will admit. I'm leaning toward believing what CryMeARiver said.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #8) » Wed May 19, 2010 12:54 pm

mb53 wrote:*Facepalm*
Vote: SSBF
I'm not seeing why my response to InHimShalliBe posts is suspicious. For seemingly random reason, he voted for Timeater, even thought he had a decent case going for Andrius, who has been acting more suspicious then Timeater.
mb53 wrote:Why just "leaning towards", why not 100%?
Like I said, by the time I was ready to post, my opinion has already been used by CryMeARiver. But since it isn't really an original thought, that might change if I can think of one.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Thu May 20, 2010 1:35 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:MrSandman is also flying under the radar and not really doing anything useful thus far.
ISO: 4 is something that he gave us to work on, so that's something useful.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:Your defense of him is noted.

*writes on notepad*
I wasn't really defending him that hard. All I was saying was that he has in some way or form contribute to the game.
mb53 wrote:@SSBF: What parts of inhim's case did you think were good? Why just an FoS not a vote? Why do you think that CMAR is vote-worthy?
1. Good question. Re-reading through InHimShallibe's case on Andrius, it sounds like he wasn't really being serious about it. That could be difficult to point out if I'm ever able to do so.

2. CryMeARiver is still my strongest scum read so far. Andrius hasn't really commited as much scum tells as CryMeARiver has done.

3. He started out by asking four questions on ISO: 9. Three of them were completley useless and gave us nothing to work on and two of them made very little sense to me. His case on SlySly wasn't very good and I didn't get much out of it. When SlySly challenged his case, CryMeARiver quickly dropped it with his excuse being "I misunderstand what he was saying". After dropping his case on SlySly, he went with his vote on Andrius, which he admitted to being completely random, although he did eventually make a serious vote on me. Despite that, he's still fairly suspicious now.
ReaperCharlie wrote:@ SSBF: In hindsight, I'm wondering: What did you think was so useful about what MrSandman gave us to do? It sounded like a pointless exercise to me... what has it accomplished?
I wouldn't say it was super useful that gave us a huge amount of information to work on, but he did posted his suspects, which were Timeater and me. He explained why he found both of us suspicious.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #11) » Fri May 21, 2010 3:48 pm

mb53 wrote:
SSBF wrote: it sounds like he wasn't really being serious
Who is "he"?
That would be InHimShallibe.
mb53 wrote:
SSBF wrote:Three of them were completley useless and gave us nothing to work on and two of them made very little sense to me.
Uhm, well those were all directed at timeater, not you. compare the questions with timeater's wiki. Even if it was directed at everyone, it isn't much of a scum tell...
Actually, CryMeARiver did say it was directed at everyone.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #12) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:41 am

mb53 wrote:
SSBF wrote:Good question. Re-reading through InHimShallibe's case on Andrius, it sounds like he wasn't really being serious about it. That could be difficult to point out if I'm ever able to do so.
So now you are saying that his case wasn't good but still put down an FoS?
The reason why I originaly put down a FoS is because I originally thought his case was good because I took it so seriously (Sorry, but I don't have much of a humor). That's not the case now since InHimShallibe wasn't really being serious in my re-read.
manho wrote:finally you admitted not reading that case. why did you agree with it then if you hadn't read it? because you are the lazy scum who agree with any seemingly valid case, like imhim's case which is so long.
The reason why I originally agreed to liking InHimShallibe's case is because I took it so seriously, which could be due to my lack of humor. I also did read the case completely, once when it was posted up and another time when mb53 asked me to point out the good parts of InHimShallIbe's case. Now that I have re-read the post, I realize he wasn't being serious.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #13) » Sat May 22, 2010 10:32 am

Andrius wrote:Care to elaborate on my scumtells? I want to see if you're smoking pot, or if its just my playstyle (that needs fixing).
You haven't realy commited that much scum tells. But you did skim once, which caught my eyes.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #14) » Sat May 22, 2010 5:05 pm

@ReaperCharlie: This really does sound like you're bandwagoning me without giving good reasons for it. Other then my "defense" of MrSandman and that your one-man bandwagon was getting nowhere, would you please explain your change of vote to me?
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #15) » Sun May 23, 2010 6:27 am

ReaperCharlie wrote:Do I need more reason than that? Have you read the posts you've made?
It would most certainly be helpful to further explain why I'm worthy of your vote. Because other then my weak defense of MrSandman, I see pretty poor reasons for killing me Day 1.

Also, why do you want me to read my posts? I already know the mistakes I've made, so I don't think me ISOing my posts is necessary.
ReaperCharlie wrote:Then let me ask you: What is the point of a bandwagon?
Bandwagoning for the sake of doing that is bad, but when you bandwagon a person for good intentions, it actually benefits everyone, as long as a early bandwagon doesn't resort in an accidental or worse, intentional quick lynch. Bandwagons are used to pressure a person to do a variety of things and to get reactions out of them. Sometimes, it also encourage a person to improve in game play.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #16) » Mon May 24, 2010 12:53 pm

@MehPlusRaw: "Pretty Scummy" and "Rather Hypocritical" are thrown around a lot, so you gut feeling is just that, a gut feeling. Why did you think it was meant mentioning in the first place?
Andrius wrote:"Skim"? I skimmed what? :S
*Andrius is confused. It hurt itself in its confusion.*
Quote below on where you skimmed.
Andrius wrote:We are on page 2, so we're not expecting a lynch relatively soon. lol We are still in the hangover of RVS.
By then, we were on Page 3 and your post number was #67. This skimming is obvious.
Timeater wrote:2. How is my question role fishing? There are no roles yet. From my understanding, everyone is vanilla. How is this a valid point?
Because first off, Vanilla Townies and Mafioso's are roles. Secondly, as the Days goes by, we gather more roles by the day. That's why it counts as rolefishing.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #17) » Tue May 25, 2010 11:30 am

Timeater wrote:I think knowing what all the power roles are in the game gives less leg room for the scum to squirm around in. This isn't a normal game, quit thinking conventionally - how can this information possibly hurt us? The scum wont know who have what power roles, they will simply know what power roles are in the game. It helps more than hurts.
Problem. If they know what power roles are in the game, that means they know that they have a higher chance of hitting a power role. Even if town has no idea on the new role, at least scums won't know either. Very, very flawed theory.
Timeater wrote:What is more important?

1. For the town to know what roles are in the game.

or

2. For the scum not to know what roles are in the game.
For scums to not know what roles are in the game. If they know the roles, they will know that they have a higher chance of running into a power role, which will hurt town more then a death of a vanilla townie. Now yes, we should try to gather as much information as possible, but try to filter it to where scums don't gather as much as townies, thus hurting them and helping us.
Timeater wrote:unvote
Vote: manho
Seriously, bandwagons vote? Are you kidding me? At least explain why you find manho suspicious.

Oh and I remember something. Remember when you asked us what choice we've made during confirmation stage? I just realize you were rolefishing.

Unvote, Vote: Timeater

You're at L-2.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #18) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:00 pm

Chronopie wrote:Wait, what?

How does the knowledge of whether we have a Macho or a normal cop (and other PR choices) make it more or less likely for scum to hit said PR?

Very flawed counter-theory theory.
Right now, we only know that one power role exist, so scums only know one role. However, if the mod were to reveal more power roles over the time to us publicly. after we choose roles, then that means that scums have more access to knowledge, which means they know that we have more power roles. This means they have a higher chance of lynching/night-killing a town power role. It's best for town not to know what power roles is going to be in the game each Day if it prevents scums from knowing the same thing.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #19) » Wed May 26, 2010 12:16 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:Um, I thought there were two.

1. impotent doc and normal cop, or
2. unprotectable cop and normal doc.

Am I wrong?
You are correct, but each Night, we get to choose what power roles will be in the game, therefore, as the game progress, we gain more power roles in the game.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #20) » Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 pm

ReaperCharlie wrote:And @ 186: Wagon-hopping is not a scumtell, lol
That's true, but when you do it multiple times without explaining why you find that person to deserve it, then it can be considered a scum tell.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #21) » Fri May 28, 2010 11:30 am

Timeater's #288 really did suck really badly, so my vote will stay on him for the moment.

Also like for you guys to know that deadline is apporaching soon, so we need to decide on a deadline.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #22) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:48 am

It seems like everyone has forgotten about this game. And we have less then forty-eight hours left. So....

@Mod: Could you please extend the deadline? Sorry for inactivity, we promise it will never happen again.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #23) » Sun May 30, 2010 11:57 am

I've received my prod. Anyway, need to look at manho and Chronopie more. Mb53 did bring up a good point about Chronopie.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #24) » Mon May 31, 2010 9:14 am

Timeater wrote:prodded

Unvote
Vote: SSBF

strangely out of touch, predatory in the latcher-on sense, faulty logic - cognitive dissonance, shies away from stating opinions, fakes wisdom while ineptness bleeds through, fakes sincerity
How is being out of touch scummy? Maybe I might be ignorant, but I'm not seeing that as scummy.
How do I shine away from stating opinions? I've been one of the more active players in the game.
The fifth reason makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It makes me wonder whenever or not you were kidding.
On top of that, how have I've been faking sincerity?
Andrius wrote:Deadline sure got here quickly. We've been in this game for 2 weeks already? wow. lol

We could lynch mb53 and save Ani from finding a replacement.
First off, this is a faster game then usual, so we have to adjust to the time limit that we're in. Secondly, lynching an person that has to be replaced would be a terrible idea, especially since he's received minimal suspicion. Even if it does remove the need for Animorpherv1 to replace someone, we are not going to get much out of it and it's almost guaratee to backfire for town.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #25) » Mon May 31, 2010 11:12 am

@ReaperCharlie: Your anti-town attitude is not going to help us. If you're going to keep this "LYNCH ANYONE, I DON'T CARE, EVEN IF IT'S ME" attitude up, then it shows that you're not really caring.

FomS: ReaperCharlie
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #26) » Mon May 31, 2010 2:28 pm

@MehPlusRawr: Okay then, I want to see why I'm scummy in your eyes and with your own reasons.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Here's my claim.

I am Dagda John - Staff (Vanilla Townie for the moment). I currently have no power at the moment, but I do have the ability to vote for who I think is scum. Like other Townies here, I win when all threat to town has been elminated.

Also, I will get to re-reading the thread now.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:32 pm

CryMeARiver wrote:
Super Smash Bros. Fan wrote:Here's my claim.

I am Dagda John - Staff (Vanilla Townie for the moment). I currently have no power at the moment,
but I do have the ability to vote for who I think is scum.
Like other Townies here, I win when all threat to town has been elminated.

Also, I will get to re-reading the thread now.
BOLD SHIT = BULL SHIT
Hey guys, I found scum.
As I am a townie, I have no idea who is scum and if you're a townie as well, neither do you. I honestly cannot see that that is a scum tell.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 am

Normally I hate being lynched (This is no exception), but I'm sort of glad that I didn't live any longer in this game as well. Heard the game got broken and some outrage occured.

Hopefully, this should be the end of my bad games streak in Mafia. I played some games where I felt I did well and I'm hoping the good games start to outweigh the bad games for once.

@animorpherv1: Wish I could help out, but I have no experience with modding. Sorry about that.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”