Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Post by Percy »

gandalf5166 wrote:@.@, I have many words for you, but sharing them would be more than a little ironic. I'm sorry, but if that's how you want to play the game, find a different site.
I think your words and mine match up pretty well...

If you have to rely on being a dick to people to win mafia, you're not a winner, you're just a dick! ;)
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #34 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by Percy »

Mysterio wrote:@Shotty, can we please expect a decent game from you this time? Pretty please?
Linkplz!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #54 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Percy »

Is this a Parisian setup? If the Jester team is, in fact, a team, then their victory means game over. It's a 12-player setup, and they both need to be lynched to win....

nopointinactingup is obvjester, also.

Still curious about shotty's meta...

Vote: PieMan
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #60 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by Percy »

Katsuki wrote:
XScorpion wrote:Hence voting for scummy people. I'm not gonna waste my time worrying about whether they're jester or not. Scummy = death.
This. However, discerning various degrees of scumminess will be key in this game imo. There is scum scum, and then there is anti-town jester scum.
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with Scorp there?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #72 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Percy »

Has anyone ever actually seen a policy lynch in a game? People talk about them all the time, but I've never seen it happen. In my experience calling someone worthy of policy lynching just makes it
harder
to lynch them.

And yeah, I've checked his other games. Seems like Empking, but not quite so bad. The idea that his Jester-tell may be pro-town behaviour is hilarious (it was a joke, XScorp).

Though I like how he promises his full commitment to the game before announcing a week-long V/LA...

It seems really odd to me that gandalf would be all "I AM SERIOUS NOW" without voting. I am confused.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #84 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:21 am

Post by Percy »

XScorpion 81 wrote:This game is going slow.
Yes. Forgetting the half-hearted attempts at a policy lynch, I'm thinking
Unvote, Vote: nopointinactingup
is the best bandwagon around.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #134 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Percy »

Katsuki 109 wrote:Also will note, if he isn't scum, then this train is probably full of opportunistic scum.
I'd say the opposite is true. If the conclusion is "He is scum or Jester", then there's nothing opportunistic about scum lynching nopoint, since they would have good reason to suspect he's a Jester.
XScorpion 110 wrote:Scum don't want to lynch jesters either. They can just shoot him.
I think the likelihood of scum shooting him is low. While everyone is tied up in "is he scum or Jester" the scum get to skate by. Waiting for scum to do our work for us is not going to win us the game.

Just because wanting to get lynched is a viable scumtell doesn't mean being a townie is also. I do agree with Mysterio that WIFOM is overused on the site - WIFOM is where you are presented with two possible explanations, and the explanations are interchangeable. I'd call his stance "2Jesterscum 4Jesterscum", which is sometimes better than WIFOM, but usually crap.

As in the game I linked before, scum+jesters is very hard, and a lot of it does come down to situations that seem like WIFOM.
XScorpion 122 wrote:Then why don't we just assume everyone who is acting like a jester is scum and lynch them? Is there a problem with this?
Because then the Jesters win...?
nopointinactingup 129 wrote:Say you are scum and there's someone acting like a Jester, you:
- Lack a town mindset tendency to be afraid of lynching Jesters.
Bullshit.

Anyway, nopoint has solidified my scum/jester read on him. My gut read says he's playing more like scum acting like a Jester than an actual Jester, so my vote stays.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #135 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 pm

Post by Percy »

EBWOP: I think the likelihood of scum shooting him is low,
assuming he's a Jester
, etc.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:39 am

Post by Percy »

nopointinactingup 138 wrote:@Percy: What makes you think I'm not town?
In my estimation, you deliberately drew attention to yourself early in the game in an anti-town manner - the self-voting, the "sometimes self-voters are mafia" comments, celebrating your vote count...
In a game with both mafia and jesters, it's really hard to tell the scum from the Jesters at times, and it's hard to figure out who is a Jester. I can most easily make sense of it as either a Jester gambit, or a scum gambit. It makes no sense as town, at all. The only question now is whether you're a Jester or not, and your current defensiveness points towards you being scum, trying to walk back your earlier attitude.

No lynch is terribad. It is guaranteed to cost the town the game. If we no lynch, the scum will want to avoid Jesters; every Jester they NK means we're less likely to no lynch later. XScorpion's reasoning is backward and is really hurting scumhunting efforts...

It's not impossible to tell scum from Jester, it's just hard. Motivation is key, and at the moment nopoint seems motivated by scumjuice.

Stef's attitude to nopoint, and then (unsuccessfully) voting no lynch, is very suspect.... Hmmm...

I've got to go, and
V/LA for three days
. I'm 90% confident I've nailed scumnopoint correctly, so I'm not going to be sad if you guys lynch him while I'm gone.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #314 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by Percy »

I'm not scum. Either this is a gambit, or he got an insane result.

I'm at work now, I'll post my catchup post tonight.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #329 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Percy »

I'm not scum. I refuse to claim, because I don't think my claim will improve my chances to stay alive, or give info to the town. I'd need at least one more night to do that. In my estimation, claiming now doesn't help either myself or the town, so I'm not going to do it.

I can see how claiming a guilty on an innocent is a brilliant move for any faction that isn't town in a setup with Jesters. The possibility of a revenge lynch is diminished, and you dispense with whatever player you like. It could be something else, I don't think I'm ready to say shotty is not town, but it does make the most sense. I have very little read on him otherwise.

Still, my number one pick right now is XScorpion, for:
-His advocacy of No Lynching - overall, he seems to be much more scared of Jesters than finding scum, and this is no exception.
-His position on nopoint's wagon and my current one - both seem very opportunistic and reason-light.
-His "don't you dare self-hammer" gratuity - if I'm not at L-1, I can't self-hammer. More Jesterfear.
-Aaaand then there's this from D1:
XScorpion 5 wrote:Yeah I'm probably just going to end up voting for scummy people and not worrying about jesters.
The turnabout in attitude is obvious, and points to a scum trying to blend in before hunting the Jesters.

In my estimation, XScorpion is playing a good game of opportunism and maximising the scum agenda. If you lynch me, then sort through the WIFOM with shotty, but XScorpion's the best read for scum I have.

Unvote, Vote: XScorpion
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #338 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by Percy »

Well, I'm still not scum. I stand by my case on Scorp, so VOTE: XScorpion.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #475 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Post by Percy »

Yay Katsuki! Nice work! :D :D

Did the Jesters know that they had competition?

Thinking about it, this effectively was a 2v7 setup but with one lynch wasted on the Jesterteam. The Jesters could theoretically eat some NKs, but giving the town a cop was a good balancing tool. Nice setup overall!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #490 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Percy »

*hi-five*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”