AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 am

Post by AGar »

/confirming.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:46 am

Post by AGar »

Pre-Game Vig List:

CK3
gandalf
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 am

Post by AGar »

Dekes wrote:I'm being stalked by the mod o_O

/confirm

I have valid information that vezokpiraka is scum. Quick, let's lynch him and don't ask about where I got my info!
+1 to the vig list, guys.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:08 am

Post by AGar »

I saw it though. -_-

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:23 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Dramonic

Can't have you pulling the same stunts as last time. D:

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by AGar »

Dekes wrote:Last game Dramonic vigged scum after an un-cc'd Doc claim by jason? What's wrong with that unless you're scum again?

Vote: AGar

Btw, its's a 9-2-1 setup for everyone who's interested.
He also vigged the Beloved Princess... and got vigged by his half-vig partner.

Selective memory much?

Guys - Chess was right last game. Get on the Dram wagon.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by AGar »

jasonT1981 wrote::( but he called me scum too... why not my wagon
Because Gandalf said you're not retarded.

Dram shot the BP last time. As town. With the guard dead.

I mean, c'mon. God could tell me Dram isn't retarded and I'd still have a heated argument.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by AGar »

Correlation at least? Show me the connection and I'll give you my soul.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by AGar »

dramonic wrote:Mathematically speaking (and read-wise) it was the wiser person to shoot.
A BP close to endgame is a pain in the neck.
your accusation is dependant on me being a vig again too <<
No, just questioning your mental capacities, that's all.

CK3, I don't see it.

But I'm still happy with Dram-wagonning right now.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:23 am

Post by AGar »

jasonT1981 wrote:Tell me ONE person in S1 who got a fakeclaim. I will give you the point on nonscummy names... but the fakeclaim thing is BS
*raises hand*

Ugh, CK3, why must you spam a lot? WHY?!?!?!

Also, MoI's post is peculiar. Only because I just saw him as 3rd party, where he played rather well. Until he got himself all killed and such. Only actual game related content I find is discussing Jason's MO. Tries to extend RVS, as does Enigma (I feel as if we've left it and made it to an awkward shit-slinging stage at least).

Very rare occurrence right here:
FoS: MagnaofIllusion

UNVOTE:

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:24 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, and I'm 14 episodes into S2 actually. Maybe now is a good time to finish. Lulz.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:00 am

Post by AGar »

Enigma wrote:@Agar
This thread is less than 1 day old, and apart from a selection hyperactive few, we are still clearly in RVS.
Stop trying to use the fact that chess kid has spammed over 3 pages of this thread alone (to make it 6 pages alraedy) to delude yourself into thinking that we are out of RVS.

Plus I like RVS. It's fun.
Why so serious?
You're an idiot, right?

Serious accusations were made. The fact that you wish to deliberately ignore them is laughable at best.

But this isn't a best case scenario.

VOTE: Enigma

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:42 am

Post by AGar »

Enigma wrote:Serious accusations between TWO people who have since both mutually agreed on the outcome.

Btw nice of you to put a vote down now. Why didn't you vote Magma in your previous post instead of just FoSing him?
What are you trying to achieve with a FoS on him but a vote on me?
Magna's post was peculiar, panged me a little, and that's all. It's similar play to what I've seen from him as a 3rd party, but also looks townish. I'm not sure what to make of it just yet.

Your follow-up went into complete defensive mode and you freaked "OMG HOW COULD YOU NOT NOTICE WE'RE OUT OF RVS!?!?!?"

@MoI: The fact is, two people launched serious accusations at each other, for purposes other than maintaining RVS shenanigans. Are you honestly telling me nothing can be gained from analyzing those?

1-shot census play should always be used immediately, imo. Why wait to use it? If someone changes sides, yeah it sucks. But why hold onto it and never get the info out?

Dear Town,

meta is crap.

That is all,
AGar.

@Reck - There is a "No Post-S2 Spoilers" rule here, right? Cause if S2 gets spoiled because I'm a lazy fuck, fine lol. If S3-6 gets spoiled because I'm a lazy fuck in a game where things were going to focus on S2, I'mma rage. :P

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:34 am

Post by AGar »

> 4 8 15 16 23 42
EXECUTE

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #14) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:35 am

Post by AGar »

I'm not delaying my posting so Vezo can see if the Mod can blow himself up, considering it wouldn't be for another 24 hours. Although I almost missed the fact that I had to post that.
gandalf5166 wrote:Actually, CK is right. I think he purposely plays completely ridiculous every game, but a different kind of ridiculous every game. All my attempts to meta him have failed. Hence, I'm not unvoting just because he's playing against some scum meta you have of him.
Or maybe you just suck?

@Vren: The only reference I brought up to last game, as I recall, is the Dekes "Vezok is scum!" thing which is a reference. That or that Dram played bad. As for meta being crap, it is. I was merely noting with MoI that he's a conniving bastard who looks really town when he isn't.

Callandor needs to stop posting shitty fluff.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by AGar »

Callandor wrote:
Vren wrote:
Catch-up Notes

--Magna: I would say I have a 10/10 familiarity with Lost and that the second season is probably my favorite (if looking at individual seasons). Also, I read LostS1, so I am familiar with what people are going on about so far. (Those of you who haven't seen it might want to so you avoid spoilers. I think you can stream it on Netflix, and that's cheaper than buying it.)
2nd's the worst season for me.

Jason reads sincere in talking about his meta, though I'll do a little more digging laters,
UNVOTE VOTE Gandalf
has he posted anything that's not useless fluff?

You see the vote as a "bussing slip" between AGar and Magna, yet in the very next sentence you accuse me of defending "my" scumbuddy. Thanks to Dekes, we know the set-up is 9-2-1, so tell me, how exactly can both of your statements here work in that formula? Or, is anyone who accuses you or questions you automatically scum?
ENIGMA'S OUTLOGIC'D. LOL. OWNT. BADLY.

But not really. Overdefensive arguments are crap btw, it's literally about a null a thing as signing your name at the end of your posts.

Dear Agar, I find meta useful as long as it's not the be all and end all, don't tell me how to play mah game bitch or i'll cut you. Deep.

HEY TOON FIGHTER, WHO'S SCUM? You never mentioned it in your latest post.
There's actually no content to this post.

Whatsoever.

Your fluff is noted because you seem to be voting a player for posting fluff when it's all you're doing. Others are posting fluff, but not saying much about others. No hypocrisy.

Callandor's just an idiot I see though.

@Vren
Never voted Magna. FoSed him because I am wary of his ability to mask his actual alignment very well.

Contradictions = Scum.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Callandor

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by AGar »

Let's get moar Callandor votes happening.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by AGar »

jasonT1981 wrote:Also yes, I concede to your point I cant remember the last mini without a vig.
I was in 1007 with no vig.

Callandor, when you decide to stop posting like a blithering idiot, I'll start addressing you like you're older than 12. But I seriously doubt it right now. I also doubt your reading comprehension, as I clearly said that your contradiction was voting someone for being scummy for posting only fluff when all of your posts were fluff. Fluff is a post that contributes nothing to the game, like pegging lurkers out with votes or saying "I'm going to claim later" or talking about what season is your favorite, all 3 of which are things you've done. All three of these, conveniently are also scum-driven tactics to avoid from actually getting your hands dirty.

So got an issue, scum?

Callandor wagon needs more votes.

@MoI
The mention was thus: Often times I play games where by the end of D1 or right around mid-D2, people start saying "This player is obvtown." And they ignore them. Sometimes these reasons are meta-related, sometimes they are not. Often times I don't even bother with that, because the pseudo-reliable town-tell was off the wall distancing, which - if you've read any of my scum games - is a very big scum-habit of mine
because
it gets me cleared as town very easily. A heavy bus in most games (as in, I don't even wait for someone to hint suspicion, I just take the first thing I find and run with it) gets me cleared pretty early as scum. And then no one looks back. I can coast. You tend to look very pro-town in games I've played with you. And I made the mistake once of pegging you as town, when you were in fact 3rd party. It was a reminder to both myself and the rest of the game that you can't just turn a blind eye once someone does one thing that seems incredibly townie, because that's a golden opportunity for scum.

Gandalf should be vigged.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by AGar »

EBWOP:
AGar wrote:Only actual game related content I find is discussing Jason's MO.
This line was largely ignored whenever someone has attacked my FoS. Figured I should point it out, as that was partially the basis of it.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (isolation #19) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:31 am

Post by AGar »

Callandor wrote:
AGar wrote:
jasonT1981 wrote:Also yes, I concede to your point I cant remember the last mini without a vig.
I was in 1007 with no vig.

Callandor, when you decide to stop posting like a blithering idiot, I'll start addressing you like you're older than 12. But I seriously doubt it right now. I also doubt your reading comprehension, as I clearly said that your contradiction was voting someone for being scummy for posting only fluff when all of your posts were fluff.
So got an issue, scum?
MASSIVE ONE, ACTUALLY. My issue is your terribad play.

If contradictions are from scum, and I comitted a supposed contradiction why didn't you immediately vote me? You waited untill I called you out to vote me for your supposed scumtell? Bullshitting much?

For those playing along at home here's the 'Agar stop calling me an idiot and look up what a contradiction is in the dictionary' timeline. (seriously you're trying to call me out for being hypocritical, not contradicting myself)

My supposed 'contradiction' occurs in post 201
Agar calls me to stop posting fluff in 217 - no mention of my contradiction or why it's scummy, no mention of me being scummy at all.
I point out his double standards
He votes me in 246, citing 'contradictions = scum' now if he fucking believes this why wasn't I scum originally? The real reason? Hesmakingitupashegoes.jpg
I called you out because of the contradictory behavior. (Note: Hypocrisy and contradiction/contradictory behavior might as well be interchangeable in these scenarios - you're saying one thing and doing another)
You reacted poorly.
I voted.

Plain and simple.

You're right, I didn't call anyone else out on fluff, and I've already decided to explain that to you once - no one else called someone out for posting fluff while that's all they were doing, and there's no point in calling out active lurking that early in the game.
Callandor wrote:
Fluff is a post that contributes nothing to the game, like pegging lurkers out with votes or saying "I'm going to claim later" or talking about what season is your favorite, all 3 of which are things you've done. All three of these, conveniently are also scum-driven tactics to avoid from actually getting your hands dirty.
Oh snap, no. You're wrong. None of these are scum driven tactics, keep reaching on them old null tells and twisting them in to scum tells why don't you. You're completely ignoring any town motivation for any of these (apart from the flavour discussion, which when it's only 1 line isn't a scum tactic, and it's ridiculous to suggest it is) and going LOL SCUMTELL. Fucking hell I thought you were a decent player, you're really misguided here and it's laughable.

P.s cut out the fucking ad hom.
More
hypocrisy
here. You're just falling further and further.

I'll ad hom all I want, thank you very much. If that's all you're going to reduce my cases down to, you deserve it. You suck, and I'm right. It's ok though, I typically nail scum D1 with relative ease when they belong in newbie games.

Callandor wrote:
I can't be vigged.
Gandalf should be vigged
I know I'm an idiot with 12 yr old reading comprehension but.
You also are a gullible moron, eh?

You believe the claim in it's entirety? Wow.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

- Re: #350 - Why you so concerned that
1 player
has called you scum? You seem unmoved by my "ad homs" but someone who is playing a vig-worthy game right now calls you scum and you need to know absolutely why!
jasonT1981 wrote:What would you like to discuss, Agar? ask me anything you feel is relevant
That was from my FoS of MoI. I really could care less about your MO last game vs. this game. Meta is garbage, and anyone who tries to tell me otherwise is an idiot and wrong. Plain and simple.

On another note, more Dram activity would be great, even if it's that awful, supposed "gut" scum-hunting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:I was in 1007 with no vig.
Yes. How many Mini Games have you been in? I’m guessing the Have Vig pool is much larger than the No Vig pool. Thus until we see evidence otherwise it is a reasonable assumption that Town may have some sort of killing role.

And how could you forget Nik’s Reboot Mafia which didn’t have a Town Vig when you referenced it earlier for my 3rd Party Play? :P
First question: 5 Normals, 4 themes.
Without Vig: 880 (N), 909* (N), 999 (N), 1006 (T), 1007 (N), 1032 (T), /in-vitational G6 (T)^
With Vig: 992 (N), 1039 (T)

* - Had a CPR Doc, which can pseudo-vig, but not actually choose kills.
^ - Abandoned.

So 2/9 of my personal experiences have had a vig, so my no-vig pool is actually higher.
MoI wrote:
AGar wrote:Gandalf should be vigged.
No, if you think he is lying scum you lynch him. Vigging him is just a stupid play as the downside of potentially losing our Vig vastly outweighs the upside of catching stupid scum who fake-claimed.
Honestly, I don't believe the claim, but I don't think he's scum, per se. I think he's an idiot.
MoI wrote:
AGar wrote:You tend to look very pro-town in games I've played with you. And I made the mistake once of pegging you as town, when you were in fact 3rd party. It was a reminder to both myself and the rest of the game that you can't just turn a blind eye once someone does one thing that seems incredibly townie, because that's a golden opportunity for scum.
Noted. I also find it fascinating that you explicitly go out of the way to say I fooled you as a 3rd Party when that 3rd Party role was a Double Lyncher / Survivor role who had two scum as his targets. Yeah, I was 3rd Party in name but I was effectively Town’s best weapon (per Nik) in that game.
Lol yeah, but you didn't know that they were scum I thought?

Your lynch pool is disagreeable, although I'll do them the kind graces of a re-read I suppose.

As much as I'd like to see Gandalf go down with the hatch, blowing himself up gives us no results from D1.

The blatant pro-rolefishing stance in 364 is noted. And also noted for the massive WIFOM trap that it is...

That Jason re-read just got top priority.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:21 pm

Post by AGar »

I also may have to pull a Hoopla here...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:Your lynch pool is disagreeable, although I'll do them the kind graces of a re-read I suppose.
Then give me something more compelling than your sandbox fight with Call based on your being purposefully abrasive.
How about 15 pages in, with actual accusations being made in several directions, picking on a lurker to vote rather than committing to a case which could be perceived as scummy, thus showing a motivation about concern on his image over anything else?

Also, in a 9:2:1 setup, we do have the luxury of vigging stupid players. If this was 9:3 or 9:3:1, I'd agree. But I disagree at the moment.

Assuming a mislynch every day and no blocks, and that the 3rd party is a non-killing faction (possible due to Reck's past setup with Lost), vigging a player like Gandalf, who is an idiot and further proving this with every post, we would be in a 3:2:1 on D3, similar to a lylo on D3, only with the 3rd party involved. Obviously if the 3rd party is a killing faction, we have a whole different ballgame on our hands.

I am vehemently against policy lynches, especially on D1. They play into the hands of scum, so unless you're suggesting we have a good cop/investigative PR, which I'm not putting my money on, there's nothing to be gained for it. Policy vigging, on the contrary, can remove dead weight from a town without costing possible analysis. Obviously if we have scum caught and an obvious choice for a scum-vig tonight, take it. But I don't see one, unless more people see what I see in Callandor but don't want to lynch him. So vigging Gandalf is the next best option, in my opinion. If he survives the night and we see negative effects, we lynch him D2. Why is that a hard concept to understand. I think it's a scum-bluff, personally. I've seen it before, and always question it. Claiming something to deter power roles from acting on you. If mafia can't directly recruit him, his optimal play in this position would be to play as town as possible and try and draw the night-kill. I
know
he knows this because this is what was told to me back in Mini 1006 when I was a Town PGO and claimed at the start of D2. So unless he's claiming to have not read the majority of the start of a day in that game, he's making a gambit here in my opinion.

Callandor - All of your points are simply twisting the semantics of what I'm saying now. You're right, I voted you for contradictions, which I do find scummy. But there's this wonderful thing called ulterior motive - I found the contradiction scummy. I found Enigma still scummier at the time, however, so I applied some slight pressure. You cooked like rotten clams. Thus, the vote. The fact that you're saying I'm just misguided town is not earning you town points. By the way, you're exactly right - your focus should be on scumhunting, not analyzing a case that you think is poor. The fact that you're refusing to come off of your heels besides a lurker vote is not good pro-town play.

The off-topic wandering 3 AM brain stuff.

@MoI: For the record, I did a bit of Hoopla-ing last night. I got a bit bored after ~42 results, but it was 26-16 in favor of no vig the past 42 recorded mini normals completed or abandoned WITH setup revealed. I think it won't matter, as mini themes vary so much based on the flavor included and how roles fit into them. For example, in 1032 which we just finished, most roles seemed to be very modified versions of non-practical roles. Neighbors were about as usual as it got there.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Post by AGar »

Jason Iso:

First 30 or so posts are him simply countering CK3's accusations, and literally nothing more...
Perks up for the next 20-ish posts.
Then involved but not really pushing at anything for about 15.
Then we have vig speculation for 7 posts in a row.
Then more setup speculation mixed with some questioning for a few posts.
Then the claim and follow ups.

The claim is a new one... Never really seen something like that before. I'd say we choose a group of 2-3 people for Jason to choose who to PM. That way if Jason is telling the truth, he can choose one, and scum only have a reduced chance of stopping the information flow to us without actually killing him. If it's the truth in his claiming, then we increase the odds of getting the info. I suggest we pick 3 people that we all deem highly unlikely to be Jason's buddy, to prevent a forgery.

I see no reason to lynch him today, at least. This claim can actually do us a lot of good if it's truthful, and we can kill him otherwise.

ALSO, anyone notice Gandalf's "Why the fuck did he claim?" post?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #24) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 am

Post by AGar »

Callandor wrote:I'm familiar with friendly neighbour, very easily testable claim. I don't see the point of narrowing down his target pool btw, there's real no advantage to it that I can see. Plus letting him pick himself gives us more info in and of itself, especially if he's scum.
Ok, calling a Jason-Callandor pairing, reliant on Callandor flip.

Apparently you never thought of the possibility that he could pick his scumbuddy and forge a fakeclaim if he's scum? Massive scumslip right there.

Echo-ing CK3 on the vezok point.

@MoI:
I don't find Gandalf scummy. I find him to be dead-weight and of the same caliber as DMSIS, holding the same mental capacity. Which means I expect him to do something absolutely fuckall stupid in the event that he finds the opportunity. And yes, I am assuming a 3rd party non-killing role. If we have a vig, mafia and 3rd party killing role, all it takes is one night and a mislynch D2 to put us into a loss before D3 starts if the cards fall in a certain way. 4 people dying through one day/night cycle in a 12p game is not going to ever be balanced for town. So I say vig him. Because I don't want him around in endgame because I don't feel he's capable. Gandalf's "Why the fuck did you claim?" grabbed my attention because of his early claim. It's a direct contradiction to his actions earlier, where he openly - with 0 pressure - started a claim of his own.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Callandor wrote:
Apparently you never thought of the possibility that he could pick his scumbuddy and forge a fakeclaim if he's scum? Massive scumslip right there.
Apparently you missed the fact I thought he was town, I don't see why I'd assume him-scum after thinking he was town and the claim making reasonable sense, you're also missing the fact unless scum are retarded that's a horrible strategy, for a number of reasons, but particularly in this set-up (or potential set-up). I can go into detail but they're pretty obvious.

How does narrowing down help again? It means if scum want to try and kill the player he sends it to they've a better chance, sure we could pick 3 townie players who we think are unlikely scumbuddies, I guess but it doesn't seem the optimal strategy to me, I prefer the trade off.
So you're willing to blindly buy into your townread of a player and risk the town getting duped into him picking his scumbuddy as the "confirmer."

Explain how it's a horrible strategy? He claims, he uses his partner, and then he walks clean. Nothing says his PM has to be directed at town or it won't go through.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #416 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:1. If this is your true opinion of Gandalf why the hell aren’t you suggesting Vezok as a Vig target. He is every bit the measure of Gandalf if we are discussing VIs bound to make mind-numbingly bad moves.
2. So now you think there is a Vig? You and I just spent several posts going back and forth discussing the likelihood of one. You seem pretty firmly in favor of the theory that it was less likely than more likely. That you don’t seem to think a Serial Killer might be the 3rd party seems very disconnected. And there will not be a Serial Killer and any sort of Vig in the same set-up. So the whole concept of 4 deaths in a cycle isn’t really valid.
3. Good point on Gandalf’s reaction. The fact that it echoed mine made me think it was a logical thought process.
1. Because I just finished a game as scum with Vezok, and he actually played well. I went in with the judgment of "OMG Vezok can't play," but prior to him being replaced, he played competently, and showed pretty good understanding in our scum QT.

2. I have given no indication into the likelihood of anything regarding a vig in the setup. I have said I want Gandalf vigged. You and someone else debated on the likelihood of a vig, where you mentioned the vig pool is higher than the no-vig pool. Someone asked the last time they were in a mini with none, I gave an example. Then I followed up with my data. I also said themes are unique, and I never said "There's probably not a vig." Also, the last line echoes what I had said.

3. Yeah, it slipped by at first, then I was iso-ing and I caught it.

@Gandalf - No. You claimed completely unprovoked, and as far as I'm concerned, you're worthy of a vigging, and if you don't die due to it, we lynch you. Your play was stupid. I really care nothing else on what "logic" you have, it was a bad play.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (isolation #27) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:20 am

Post by AGar »

See I don't want to lynch you yet. Why are you twisting what I say?

Also, that post is a massive crap post. "I want you to lynch me before I get recruited. Because I think I might get recruited. But it sucks for scum still. But why would you lynch town?"

My opinion right now would be that you're a standard mechanic traitor pulling a PGO bluff to avoid any targets other than recruitment. Since technically right now you're town, my aim is not to lynch you. Now either 1 of 2 things is happening:

1) I'm right. You're completely lying to avoid getting vigged/copped/docced. In that event, you're worth a vig bullet every bit, and we send you on your merry way.

2) I'm wrong. You're not lying. The vig target flips you to scum. We lynch you tomorrow.

Simple, really. We avoid scum getting their third member for a long period of time, and we move on with the game, without the lingering distraction of you trying to draw the entire game's attention to yourself.

I'm really feeling a fullclaim right now, personally. Others' opinions? (Lolpun)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (isolation #28) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by AGar »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
AGar wrote:So you're willing to blindly buy into your townread of a player and risk the town getting duped into him picking his scumbuddy as the "confirmer."
Are you thinking about this argument regarding Jason picking a scum-buddy before you make it? If we are indeed in a 9-2-1 set-up Jason, as scum who made a horrible fake-claim with little pressure on him, choosing his scum-partner to fake confirm him would be a horrible move. It would out the scum team immediately if either one was ever shown to be scum. That’s a very high risk for the minimal reward.
The problem with that theory though, is what I pointed out - nowhere has Jason said that his confirmation has to be to a town-aligned player. So unless you're saying we get the confirmation and then lynch him anyways, then there's no real risk in his choosing his scumbuddy.

@Callandor
If we manage to put one of the scum in the 3 and it's Jason's scumbuddy, then oh well. But we're minimalizing the chance for that to happen by choosing 3 town agreed upon reads.

My 3 would be Dekes, MoI and Chess.

So so far, based on what people have said, this is what we're looking at:

MoI: AGar, Dekes, Callandor
CK3: Chesskid3, Dekes, Callandor
Dram: Chesskid3, Dekes, MoI
Me: Chesskid3, Dekes, MoI

Still need input from Vezok, TF, gandalf, Enigma, Call, Dekes and Vren-replacement.

I think everyone can agree that it's a bad idea for Jason to list.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #29) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by AGar »

Also, big shoutout to Gandalf for coming in, taking the time to check that it's the hatch post, posting that and then disappearing again. You're worth fuckall so far this game.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by AGar »

Also... Dram, could it be... scumreads that aren't gut?!?!?!?!

Muchos aplausos, senor.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by AGar »

:(

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by AGar »

MoI: We agree, we're just not saying it the same. Don't worry, I get what you're saying, and I agree.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:35 am

Post by AGar »

chesskid3 wrote:You bitches all like living so much that I'm the only one so far who self-nominated.
Interesting.
Not really.

Updated:

Gandalf: Dekes, MoI, vezokpiraka
Vezok: Dramonic, Chesskid3, vezokpiraka

Dekes at 5, Chesskid at 4, MoI at 3, vezok and Callandor at 2, myself and Dramonic at 1.

MoI:
I'll look into him, but I'm going to be V/LA from this post until Monday afternoon, so it won't be for a bit.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (isolation #34) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:17 pm

Post by AGar »

vezokpiraka wrote:What happened here guys?

Chesskid has a point. Why not self nominate? You know you are town. Only reason for you not to self nominate is for you not to draw attention.

That proves MoI is scum or third party.
No, not really.

This really proves nothing about alignment at the moment. It can be used
later
to determine things, but we'll see.

Gandalf: Dekes, MoI, vezokpiraka
Vezok: Dramonic, Chesskid3, vezokpiraka
Call: MoI, AGar, Chesskid3
Toonfighter: MoI, Enigma, AGar

Dekes at 5, Chesskid at 5, MoI at 5, AGar at 3, vezok and Callandor at 2, Dramonic and Enigma at 1.

That's 8/11, with Stephoscope, Enigma and Dekes not submitting. The picture is clear, Jason should be choosing from Dekes-replacement/Chesskid3/MoI for his PM tonight.

CK3 - If you can't see the purpose of something more than the surface value, read deeper.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Enigma

The better wagon.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by AGar »

(and yes, I'm in favor of moving on now, although if Stephoscope/Enigma/Dekes-replacement want to submit the 3, the information may or may not have come in handy).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:55 am

Post by AGar »

Enigma wrote:Have you got a reason why you are jumping on, or are just looking for an easy bandwagon. I don't see much of a reason from Gandalf or Agar.
I've got 4.

1. You're wagon is going places.
2. You're actively refusing to partake in actual discussion, other than calling everything anyone does scum-motivated.
3. You only are looking at the surface of things, and attacking it for being scum-driven because of what you see on the surface.
4. You're actively attempting to avoid taking any real stances.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by AGar »

dramonic wrote:Can somebody explains to me why Enigma's most brilliant way of proving his role is to shoot the guy claiming partial bulletproof that risks turning into a traitor at the slightest provocation?
I dunno. I think Enigma was being an ass and claiming VT, but not 100% sure.

I don't buy the claim. Obvious has been pointed out.

Chesskid should re-vote.
Someone should hammer.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by AGar »

Lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #39) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by AGar »

Well that was fucking interesting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (isolation #40) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by AGar »

Oh, did anyone get a PM from Jason?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by AGar »

@Mod: Oh, and since it's in 16 posts - does the button counter reset each day or do we still go with every multiple of 108? (540 in this case)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #42) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by AGar »

dramonic wrote:WILL, HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME THE DAY BEGINS!

That was a ridiculous day.
AGar, you're outed, so results?
I chose to investigate Jason.

Two reasons:

1) Sanity confirmation.
2) I honestly didn't expect to live through the night.

I'm going to wait and see if his PM went through before revealing what my check came up as.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #722 (isolation #43) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by AGar »

/pre-in for S3 plox.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #44) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by AGar »

Gheyyyyyyy dammit. DAMN YOU JASON.

I do the courteous thing and hold off posting until the mod posts the final flavor and I get shafted lol.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (isolation #45) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:23 am

Post by AGar »

Oh, and re: investigating Jason, it was a total sanity check.

I've seen 14 of 24 episodes in Season 2. So far, Ana-Lucia is a bit... not right. So it'd be completely within flavor for her to be any of sane, insane or paranoid. I did a check on Jason with the hopes that his PM would get through to someone and it would confirm my sanity to me. I also half-expected to die as a confirmed town cop, but meh. I'm shocked I was neither blocked nor killed. It doesn't matter however, as I investigated Dram N2. Thank god I died.

Someone wanna explain that one, actually?

@Reck
Mind shooting me a PM a few days before S3 goes into signups? I'd like to get into that (larges will be easier, obv).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #46) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:16 am

Post by AGar »

Yeah. I figured if I could confirm my sanity AND live to N2, I might be useful.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by AGar »

I see.

That's no fun.

Lawl.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”