Fringe Mafia (Game Over, role PMs posted)

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by Primate »

I probably won't have too much time to really get up on the reading until the weekend, so I'll just start reading now and do more when I can. Feel free to ask me stuff before that and I'll respond, but don't expect me to know what I am talking about.

Not that I know what I'm talking about anyway.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Primate »

HopOnMyJoystick wrote:weird, I play mafia on another site with a guy name primate, but i doubt this is the same one.

regardless, welcome
I played mafia on a bunch of sites under various names, some of which are primate. Haven't played on sites that aren't this one or MTGS in about 3 years though.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Primate »

Doombunny9 wrote:
@Mod: Prod on Primate?
Yeah, this is legitimate, sorry. I've been reading the thread today, currently I'm halfway through day 2. I'll throw my hat in and start participating properly tomorrow. I have some views, but I don't really want to say anything until they are a bit more solid.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Primate »

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to get proper reads on people so I'll just get involved.

On my read through, the two who most stood out to me as being suspicious were TonyMontana and Doombunny. Emp I didn't think I had a particularly good insight into, which is something I obviously need to rectify quickly. Hop seems one of the more townie guys and I don't really see why people are suspecting him, but again I may be missing something. Zang I don't really have a read on.

Furclow lynch I didn't really object to. I would have argued against it (and thought this before I saw what his alignment was), but I can see why it happened.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Primate »

I'd quite like a definition as to what smargret considers a case. I'm not asking for specifics, just general level of intention that warrants that description, if you get me.
Is it pro town or anti town to respond to multiple accusations with. "bull" and explain why.
Generally it's pro-town tbh. Scum don't like to be seen offhandedly dismissing shit, so they'll go out their way to try to get a rebuttal down even if it is bull.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:35 am

Post by Primate »

And what's your definition regarding accusation vs announcing a point in favour of someone being scum/not town?

Is your objection with the way Hop did it, or the fact that he did it at all? Sorry If I'm being dense.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Post by Primate »

Reasonless statements. Kewl.

Way to miss the point utterly of why I was doing it. Maybe you would have preferred me to lurk for a bit more and not post my opinions on the game, weak as I admit they are, sound good? You just look like you're trying to get ahead of bad opinions of yourself before they are put together.

If you want me to change my priority away from getting a decent read on Empking, say so. If you don't, hold your whist.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Primate »

Hop, sorry, but that claim is absolutely awful. A claim of unkillable is the kind of thing that'd get you strung up immediately in scumchat, simply for the godfather/sk implications. I also have been really soured by the way you've been acting really pissy, and it reminds me of a horrible game I played once where the guy simply belittled all arguments against himself in order to make those arguments appear worse than they were, and you are augmenting that in this instance through simple volume.

I also have role related reasons to be dubious of HOPMJs claim.

Vote: Hop On My Joystick
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by Primate »

I'm Ella Jae, a Lightning Rod. Once per game I can force all roles in the game to target me. I haven't used it, and probably won't unless its necessary or something approaching a doc turns up.

Go Smargret.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #932 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by Primate »

Not happy with BV using his kill before his cop ability. ATM It's my feel the scum is probably smarg though. When doing a gambit like this, a player isn't going to pick a role like peter bishop unless they know they aren't going to be counterclaimed. And the role helps, but honestly he could have claimed a bunch of stuff with the same effect, so why claim peter in those circumstances? If I'm missing something about the flavour please correct me.
Doom wrote:@Primate- So you're still not scumhunting and you're not explaining your sudden vote on HOMJ, kool.
1. Lil bit. 2. Honestly what was in that post was pretty much it. I can point out specific instances of him dismissing relevant arguments out of hand if you want, but I didn't have them in mind when I wrote that post and was working off a more generalized impression.
CDB wrote:As for rereading overnight, as I said earlier (but not clearly, I grant you), I started to reread overnight but stopped around page 9 because Day 1 was really fucking irritating - basically four or five players, almost all of whom are now dead and confirmed town, precisely all of whom annoying, bickering inanely and verbosely. It was doing my head in. I was really put off. I'm obviously going to go back and finish, indeed I read a few more pages since my last post, and this game is my number 1 priority at the moment.
That was what I thought at first. It gets even worse throughout day 2 until you start to actively hate the game and the players in it. (I'm joking a little).
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:10 am

Post by Primate »

I'm going to start rereading/responding with a view to hammer now, so don't worry about the deadline.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Primate »

Yes, I am an awful procrastinator.
doomb wrote:@Primate- Rereading you in iso, you said that you had role related reasons for voting HOMJ, care to share with the rest of us since I don't see how a lightning rod disproves there being a commuter.
Basically, I was thinking that a commuter is kind of a dick role for the scum in a way more than a traditional protective role like Doc or Bodyguard isn't, as whilst both of those roles have a similar effect in that they can derail a scum kill, they both require a kill, whilst commuter just punishes the scum for trying to kill them. To me, having a commuter as well as a role like mine (assuming a doc) that can derail the scum for a night as well just seems unnecessarily weighted towards random dick moves that they can't effect for the scum. That said I obviously misread it by assuming there was a doc instead of the one-shot doc we apparently have, which puts it more into the realm of possibility. I did say I was dubious, not that it was anything concrete, but yes, it was still a pretty big fuckup.
Zang wrote:Who do you think is scum? Why aren't you voting?
I still don't like Doombunny. I didn't vote for the same reason I'm not going to comment on Doombunny, because I'm not involved in the game enough to really feel conviction in my responses. I appreciate that's pretty weak.

Vote Smarg

Seems to me we lynch Smarg, then Emp, then whoevers left.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by Primate »

Vote bv310

I think it's pretty obvious he's the scum. I suck at this game.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Primate »

RobCapone wrote:
TOLD YOU BITCHES EMP AND SMAR WERE SCUM

this is hop btw

town fails, how the fuck do you ignore the guilty on emp?

WOW JUST PLAIN FUCKING WOW
To be fair to the town, there was a point where lynching Emp and Smarg were functionally equivalent and they lynched Smarg, 'revealing' him as a liar.

Cheers to both my buddies, most of this win was you.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Post by Primate »

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of it was to do with the pages of crap that were D1/D2. Seems like that's the reason you lost CDB when you needed him, you nearly lost me (I was tempted to replace out soon after coming in), and it made rereading so unfun I just didn't bother.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”