ATHF Mafia OVER(roles and whatnot revealed)

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:17 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Hello all.

Thanks for the intro, Mod.

Anyone want to give me anything I should know? I'm planning a re-read later.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:50 am

Post by RedCoyote »

There's a three-week deadline for the first day. The game started on the 10th.

So we have roughly 3 days left?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:51 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Excuse me, it started on the 16th, actually.

So that means we have, like, 9 days. That should be enough.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:47 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Mod
could you do me a few favors? Could you keep track of who replaced who in the first post?
Done
Also, if you could post links to day ends/starts that would be wonderful.
Will do that starting on the next day
Also, if you could post the current deadline, if not with every vote count, at least on the first post. I'd really like that too.
Done
Also if you could put who isn't voting on your vote counts, I'd really like that as well.
aaaaaaaaaaaaand done!
These are tasks that I've found make it easier on all players to focus more on the game and less on logistical issues.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Spoiler: Notes
Seacore 6: No claiming of any kind? Even before a lynch? Eh... sounds kind of scummy.

Seacore 23: Why would anyone assume that? Also, I don't take post 6 as though you are preemptively warning people not to make that assumption, you are talking about everyone's ability to claim or not. That's completely different. You sound like you're nervous here or something, but not particularly townie.

implosion 31: Good post to start the game. Sounds genuine.

GW 59: That first part, your characterization of Fate/podium, is pretty spot on.

Vas 66: Possibly my favorite post so far.

Seacore 76: Don't care for this post. Vas just got on VB for complaining about sitemeta rather than contributing. Seacore is talking a lot but saying little here.

podium 80: I'm not liking how podium doesn't even try to separate himself from Seacore. I was okay with it up until the point where he started speaking up for Seacore. This makes this relationship different from, say, Fate and GW.

Nacho 82: I like this post...

Nacho 89: I don't like this post...

Seacore 128: Hm, everything Seacore seems to say just irritates me. This sounds so much like, "Hey, can I get on this wagon without anyone giving me crap for it?"

Fate 137: If everything Fate did before this post was working up to this, it was possibly worth it.

podium 160: I can buy this. I can absolutely buy this. podium has been worked over and this is him frustrated.

Vas 176: I mostly agree with your conclusions here. This is what I was thinking when I read over post 160. I'm not 100% there on your GW read though, but I see how you got there.

Starting to skim at this point. Nacho is looking worse with his consistent pushing of podium, which I think has clearly ran it's course. Who is he trying to convince? Getting tired of reading this game. I didn't even really want to replace into it, but the Mod was so sweet in asking me that I couldn't refuse. I think I know enough about the game now to have some solid opinions of the players.

VB will work as a lynch, but Seacore would be a better lynch. VB is kind of all over the place, and this game desperately needs a lynch to move forward. As much as I'd prefer to fight for a Seacore lynch, I can go with this.

Unvote
;
Vote: VibeBox
That makes it L-1, guize
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:27 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Thanks, Mod!

---
Seacore 604 wrote:Also, if you've stopped at 176, you've missed just a little.
I've read enough to know that this game is already well passed any reasonable stage of discussion. I'm not blaming it all on one person, but it doesn't take a genius to see that this circlejerk everyone is participating in has long passed its usefulness. You cannot look at this game objectively any longer having been participating in it since the beginning. It's completely bloated and full of trivial nonsense. The best remedy is to finish this day as soon as possible. It will open up reasonable avenues of discussion that won't necessarily be exclusively related to today.

---
Kcda 606 wrote:
SCUM

RC:

POST MORE DAMMIT, the analyze post is a start but without ANYTHING to go on, I can't get a read!
Wait, you say you can't get a read on my slot but I'm under the label of "SCUM"? Please explain.

---
MoI 614 wrote:RedCoyote if you really are going to be this apathetic just replace out. I don’t really have much patience for someone who says they really are tired of reading the game.
There's no need to be dramatic. You should thank you're lucky stars someone like me would bother getting into this cesspool. That's not to say that I'm gracing you with my presence or anything, but that you now have a player in this slot who won't abandon the game.

Again, though, if you seriously think this game needs "more discussion" as a solution, then you're way off base, my friend. That's why everyone is leaving in droves. That's why people like VibeBox are afraid to so much as look at this thread, let alone post in it. If you don't post a wall commenting on every like detail then you're made to look as though you're apathetic.
MoI 614 wrote:I can’t say as I find KCDA’s final catch-up post as very whelming. His two scum-reads nicely mimic the most popular suspects of the Day so far.
I felt similarly, but why do you think Nacho has taken to him?

---
Kcda 632 wrote:One thing that bugs me about you podium... You come off as smug more often than not. You always have to have the last say... one reason I don't buy it...

No I don't expect you to NOT answer your critics but when you make it well "I'm the final authority, I'm always right..." it's too confusing when we have two of those here...
And does this personality trait make him more likely to be scum? podium, and God bless him for having put up with this for as long as he has, is constantly responding to everyone, yet it always seems like that's never enough. It's getting to the point where we have to get posts about how he cannot post fast enough to answer everyone else. It's a wonder players like MoI and Nacho don't seem to get it. No one is even voting this guy, yet there's this constant back and forth with him as though he constantly needs to be lectured to or addressed or some other such nonsense.

---
Zdenek 636 wrote:RedCoyote, your "catch-up" post leaves a lot to be desired, and either comes from lazy town or scum who knows he's not getting lynched today.
I won't play along with your silly little game of berating podium for a dozen pages, TYPING IN ALL CAPS, and insulting each other left and right. If that makes me "lazy town", then so be it. There are only two ways you're going to put an end to me forcing some common sense into this game, by lynching me or by shooting at me. Deal with it.

---

Post 638 is the best post I've read in at least ten pages. It doesn't surprise me that implosion wrote it, given that he's consistently been the best player here. It's concise and simple in both its offense and inquisitive tone. Everyone in this game could take a lesson from this.

---
Seacore 645 wrote:If somebody gets either mooninite or either plutonian, we should lynch them. If they flip with that role but not the expected alignment, we don't do it again. But unless we're close to lylo or mylo, I think it's worth one try.
This is another good post, by the way, similar to what I said immediately above.

I mostly agree with this in a kneejerk sort of way, but we should be resistant to assuming anything so broad, as MoI has pointed out. Did the Mod tell us whether or not the game has barrier? Is the entire franchise fair game, or just a certain amount of seasons? I've only seen up through season 6. An episode I think we can rely on, and I don't remember the number but I'm pretty sure it was season 4, where most of the "bad guys" met together on the Moon at the Mooninites' invitation.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

You people have even managed to wear Fate out. How shameful.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #701 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hmmm... Would you really have switched had VibeBox came on to claim Frylock or something?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #707 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:30 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Anyone who wants to answer.

Frankly, gentlemen, we need a lynch. This is getting a bit ridiculous. I can sympathize with the idea of not lynching someone who can't claim, but we're getting to the point where we can't fully analyze a claim anyways.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

No, I don't think he's the best one here townwise, but I also don't like how this wagon sprung up out of the blue. I feel like Fate and/or Nacho didn't want VibeBox to bite the bullet for some reason. Yeah, we probably weren't going to get a claim. That's tough. That's the way it happens sometimes. I'd rather lynch someone "blindly" then get four claims from people and sit here undecided until the deadline with our thumb's up our asses.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:31 am

Post by RedCoyote »

podium 711 wrote:i'm a little suspicious of your attitude here. especially with this 'i feel like fate and/or nacho didn't want vibebox to bite the bullet' theory... they were both on him at L-1 for days. how is your statement justified, when considering that fact?
That's a good point. I hadn't considered that.

---

Kcda, I'm very uncomfortable with your unwillingness to stick to a position.

But given that I don't feel like I'm in the position to be challenging a lynch here, I think I'll have to concede to the majority. I don't understand why Magna or why now, but I also can't sit here and say VB is more deserved.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #752 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Unvote
;
Vote: MagnaofIllusion
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I thought for sure that MC Pee Pants was scum, but after Dr. Weird dying last night, I'm not so sure.

I feel like night actions are going to play a much more important role in our scumhunting than usual. In other words...

Vote: chkflip
for now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Chill out. Did you think I forgot this game?

Also, have we discussed the possibility that the ATHF is scum and the bad guys are the town? Right now, that's what I'm thinking. Does someone want to fess up to shooting Frylock?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also how was I supposed to post in this game as the night has went on for two weeks?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Also I'm the Mooninites.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

And I have a night action to prove it if you would quit trying to lynch me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

I need Vas and/or Podium.

Podium, can you confirm that I stole your pathetic Earth clothing?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #925 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Night 1.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Yup, yup.

Also, what do you think about the idea that the ATHF are the actual scum in this game?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Nope, nope. We'll wait for Vas then. I stole something, without a doubt. I'm looking at the PM right now.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, shit.

Hold on.

*tugs a collar*

No, I misread it. I thought it said I stole a disco ball. Apparently I was stuck in disco lights.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

EBWOP: *tugs at collar*

This is why I only make a post a day. I'm happy with that, Fate. Why do you tempt me to do otherwise?

No, it looked like I was roleblocked or stopped in some way. I didn't notice it immediately because it's not written like I would expect a traditional roleblock to be written.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #937 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:10 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

No, I'm still town. That was my bad. I can't copy the PM obviously but if I could you would see why I was confused.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Podium will still vouch for me.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:38 am

Post by RedCoyote »

...Oh, wait, it wasn't podium. It was Kcda. D:

Ah, screw it. I made too many mistakes here. I don't really know what's going on anyways.

Vote: implosion

The best I can figure is that the ATHF are the actual bad guys. Well, whatever. You guys can lynch me if you want.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1036 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, so RC was right all along!

No, but that doesn't really matter because I handled my claim horribly. I'm glad you guys won in spite of that.

Although I'm not going to defend the idea of no reveal in this setup (although, I understand why you did it, I think, Mod), I liked the flavor a lot. The Mod has a real knack for writing in the same style as ATHF.

gg everybody.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Since this is unlocked again, I just wanted to say I think y'all are being a little bit harsh on him. I mean, I understand your frustration at feeling a little underwhelmed at the lack of role reveal and the long periods between day and night, but you have to at least hand it to our Mod for finishing the game out and admitting he did a few things wrong. Additionally, I'm glad he resisted the temptation to just try and "fix" the game mid-game, which can often times make the situation worse.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”