Mr. Know It All

Post Post #26 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Woo, game start.

First off,
Vote: Charter
. He knows why.

Secondary Vote: Exe.

At night I will vote for the same person that I vote for during the day, unless that person is the Executioner and they execute a townie.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:30 pm

Let me see if I understand this.

We unofficially vote for two people who we want to see dead. We then elect somebody executioner, and they kill that one of those people.

We then vote for the same executioner to make the night kill, and they kill the other person we wanted to see dead.

Is that right?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:40 am

Shattered Viewpoint wrote: 3. COOLDOG (specifically mentioning the "odd mechanic" of the game. Dude, you knew that when you signed up. Stop being so obvscum.)
That's not a good reason. I had no idea what the mechanic was when I signed up, because I couldn't find mallowgeno's post in the Queue thread. I'm basically here because the other theme game in sign-ups had some anime theme.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #70 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:58 am

Revelation.

/Unvote; Vote: Exe

Everybody else should do the same preferably in their very next post.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #85 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Umbrage wrote:If you're going to go after people for activity, go after Tragedy. She's done nothing.

Exe started off well, but that latest post by him is just pointless posturing. And by the way, we shouldn't just all vote Exe. Yes, I think he's a good choice, but we have plenty of time. Don't let the future of the game depend on page 3 reads.
Less talk, more Exe voting.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:12 am

Umbrage wrote:Rushing things increases the chance of error, and is scummy. And everyone trusting one player is stupid. I haven't seen anyone suggest an alternative to Exe.

FoS: Haschel Cedricson

Seriously, what the hell were you thinking when you wrote that last post? This is anti-town to the extreme.
ahahahahaha what is this i dont even
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:49 am

TS wrote:I don't want to invoke Godwin's Law, so I'll compare him to Stalin instead.
This is hilarious. (I am also writing an essay on Lenin/Kerensky right now, so this is doubly amusing)

The sooner we elect Exe executioner, the sooner we can get down to business. TS, Amrun, let's see some votes.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #126 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 am

Sorry, when I said "Votes" what I really meant was "Votes for Exe".
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #130 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:59 am

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Haschel, we will gain nothing by immediately electing an executioner. It can wait.

Stop it, your scummy is showing.
On the contrary, we gain everything.

Stop it, your ability to think things through is showing.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:00 am

Damn it, I meant to say "fail to think things through". Now I look retarded. :-(
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:02 am

Shattered Viewpoint wrote:Amrun, hypothesize with me for a moment. Say we elect Exe RIGHT NOW THISVERYMINUTE and, as we're discussing who to execute, Exe makes a slip and outs himself as obvscum?

Yes, we can elect too soon. And I won't have any of it.
Then we kill him at night, or failing that, the next day. 1-for-1 exchanges hurt the scum more than they hurt us.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #134 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:04 am

Alternately, we could elect charter executioner instead. If he's scum, he's very unlikely to make a slip on the first day, so your scenario won't come up. Would that make you feel better?

(I'm not saying that you would do this, Exe, but charter is the only other person I've played with before.)
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

Right now my number one choice of kill would be
twistedspoon
. Partially for reasons everybody else has mentioned, partially for his sudden shift into a Godwin Corollary defense, and partially for the general feel of flailing that I'm getting from his posts.

Secondary choice is Umbrage but that's a contingent read on a scum TS, so that's not as powerful.

By the by, I recommend that we put our choice of execution in blue so that Exe can notice it more easily.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #145 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:46 am

Umbrage wrote:@ Haschel: Hey, why don't you go form the Exe Fan Club, and leave the rest of us to play the game? OK? Good.
I've got a better idea. Why don't you go form the Let's Waste A Fuckton Of Time Arguing About Who Should Be The Executioner Club, and leave the rest of us to focus on the important aspects of the game?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:03 am

Right, I have to head off to class now, so I won't be around until much later this evening. But before I go, I want to make one thing clear.

It does not matter who the executioner is. At all.

The executioner is only going to execute who we tell them to execute. If they execute somebody else, then we kill them as soon as possible. Every moment we spend arguing about who should have the honor of actually typing "Execute: [WHO THE TOWN CHOSE] is a moment we are not arguing about who to execute, and that is by far the more important question. The quicker we do that, the quicker we can start discussing night scenarios. There are four questions we need to answer every day. Of those four, three of them are of crucial importance. The fourth is a formality, and we should take care of it as soon as possible.

I chose Exe because he seemed reasonably pro-town. If we make him the executioner and he is scum, that doesn't matter as long as he kills who we tell him to. If he doesn't, then we kill him. There are literally no downsides here. If you guys don't want Exe to be the executioner, then pick somebody else, and I'll vote for them as soon as it's a majority. But let's do it right now.

If we haven't elected an executioner in 24 hours, then everybody who obstructs that process is going to shoot right up my scumlist.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #202 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:16 pm

This post is going to be primarily responses to questions aimed at me.
Tragedy wrote:@Haschel: Why did you vote for Charter, then switched it to Exe? What are your town-reads on Exe? Why so persistent on voting Exe? If Exe was executed, who would be your next executioner-of-your-epic-choice?
Because it looked like the Exe wagon would be the quickest way to assign an executioner. I give none of the fucks who the executioner is at this stage of the game. None of them.
FF wrote:Why would you not want scum to make a slip?
Never said I didn't. Read my post before the one you quoted.
FF wrote:Later on he also suggests that Charter could be executioner. Not gonna lie, it kind of freaks me out that the two people he supports for executioner now are also the two people who supported in the very start - almost like it was planned. Why give a seconday vote on page 2? Or give one at all? Charter hasn't posted much, and when he does I get a null read for it.

My first vote for charter was because I know charter and trust his competency. My secondary for Exe was an agreement with the other people who felt Exe's play was pro-town. Look at it this way, in a normal game it's common for people to vote for their main suspect and FoS a secondary. Here votes are good, so I can't use the FoS. The secondary vote is the same thing.
FF wrote:It just seems like from the very start his play has been calculated around getting one of those two elected as executioner. His most recent post suggests that he doesn't care who is executioner, but his play suggests he does. If that was his strategy, why didn't he come out and say it immediately, rather than waiting until later?
Did you even bother to look at the first word of my third post? Besides, people who insist we waste a ton of time debating who the executioner are far more likely to be scummy. Now we know who those people are.
Shattered Viewpoint wrote: Haschel. Same thing as cooldog.
The fuck are you talking about? I know exactly how this game works.

Right. Bed now. I'll have more tomorry.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #229 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 am

Umbrage wrote:Ant stole my thunder.

Everyone: vote Final Fires for the nightkill. Final Fires: kill Exe. Even if he's town, he's now used his power and is basically a confirmed VT, not someone we want alive. Exe: congrats, you win the worst player award for this game.
Depends on what TS flips. If TS is scum, then we all vote Exe and he kills Umbrage.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #236 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 am

Amrun wrote:Also, HC, I don't care WHAT TS flips ... I don't want Exe to be executioner. If everyone else wants that, though, I'll go along.

p-edit: So the daykill was a gambit?
If Exe had daykilled scum on the first day, then he would be the towniest town to ever town a town.

It looks like that's moot, though.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #242 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:02 am

Umbrage wrote:Exe, if your little power trip has proven anything, it's that
I
was
right
about Twisty. But you can't accept that, can you? It would kill you to just say: you were right, wouldn't it? Actually, all of your reactions are rather convenient for you, isn't it? My case against you partially hinges on you finding Amrun scummy. Surprise surprise, you now no longer find Amrun scummy.

Your reads are bullshit. Say
why
my reactions were scummy, if you can, and you'll get a proper response, and maybe some other people will listen to you.

EDIT: So, the reason you found my reaction scummy is because of my case on you? In that case please explain why my case is flawed.

@ Haschel: Can you make a post that does not glorify Exe?
For one moment pretend that Exe actually did have a daykill, and he did kill TS. Then pretend that TS flips scum.

In this hypothetical scenario, what would Exe's alignment be?

Unless you are going to seriously argue that scum-Exe would bus his buddy on page 9 of Day 1, wouldn't that pretty much make Exe town?

And if so, wouldn't we want to vote for a town player to be the night executioner?

My wanting Exe to be the night executioner in a specific scenario is completely different then my wanting the person who seemed to be the likeliest choice for day executioner to be elected as soon as possible. Your attempt to frame these as equivalent is scummy.

@Mod: Can we get a vote count?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #244 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:09 am

Should I have not talked about Exe during a discussion about Exe when it looked like the future of the game was contingent on the results of Exe's daykill?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #246 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:57 am

Unvote; Vote: Amrun
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #249 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:16 am

Hey Tragedy, you asked a ton of questions earlier. What's your analysis of the responses?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #260 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Tragedy wrote:@Haschel: Isn't it strange you wouldn't really care of whom should be the Executor? It feels like you want Exe to execute a townie, then everyone votes for a certain Witch-mate [by chance] while you feel satisfied. How does TS flipping scum makes all of us vote Exe and execute Umbrage? It's like the same thing with your point of "Hitting scum makes Exe townie town". +Strange-neutral-to-scum stuff.
It's not strange at all. The executor isn't going to actually choose who dies today, so it doesn't matter who it is. And why would I want Exe to execute a townie? I never said anything to that effect. And your last two sentences are the most retarded thing I've read today.

By the by, you've been asking a ton of questions and not analyzing any of the answers, which is scummy.

Kill list:
1) Umbrage
2) Tragedy
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #314 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:19 am

Haschel Cedricson wrote:If we haven't elected an executioner in 24 hours, then everybody who obstructs that process is going to shoot right up my scumlist.
This was posted on Monday. Come on, folks, all aboard the Amrun Train.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #321 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Tragedy wrote:HASH: I do analyze the answers, but I prefer not revealing any thoughts about it at the moment. Anyone would ask questions and not talk of his/her conclusions towards the questions not right away, though.
Disagree. You're doing exactly what I did here: Asking a ton of questions and not following up on the responses. I was called out on it here, and rightly so.

By the by, I see a lot* of people saying "I will vote for whoever promises to kill ____". This is stupid. After we elect an executioner, then we should play like normal and have the executioner kill whoever gets a majority of votes. To that end, I want every player in the game to repeat these words:

If I am elected Executioner, I will only execute the player that a majority of the town tells me to execute, regardless of my personal feelings on said player.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #323 (isolation #25) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Okay, now I'm changing my stance that it doesn't matter who the executioner is.

Nobody elect Exe executioner. :-)
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #326 (isolation #26) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 pm

Tragedy wrote:Not yet, Exe. Not yet. :wink: :igmeou:

The only town-read I've thought of was Amrun, but something else doesn't seem right in this game at the moment. :igmeou:
Is that something your refusal to follow up on your questions?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #329 (isolation #27) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Take the pledge, Amrun.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #330 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

EBWOP:
Exe wrote:Haschel, what are your scum reads again?
First is Umbrage, followed by Tragedy.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #333 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Haschel Cedricson wrote:
If I am elected Executioner, I will only execute the player that a majority of the town tells me to execute, regardless of my personal feelings on said player.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #336 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:51 pm

Take the pledge, Umbrage.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #350 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Final Fires wrote:My stance on this is a lot like Exe's. I would take the majority's opinion into consideration, but in the end I wouldn't execute anyone who I thought I thought was innocent.
Your stance (and Exe's stance) is wrong. Hypothetically, say we elect a scum executioner, and the majority of the town wants to kill one of their scumbuddies. If the executioner hasn't taken the pledge, they can just claim to have a townread on their partner and kill a townsperson.
The only way to mitigate the danger of a scum executioner is to make sure that if the executioner does NOT kill the choice of the majority, then we will kill the executioner.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #433 (isolation #32) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:26 pm

Umbrage wrote:I'm pretty sure the other players will be able to tell who's full of it. If they need some more persuading, then I'll respond.
I can. It's you.

Charter's playstyle is not active lurking at all. Tragedy is active lurking. Where's your case against Tragedy, who is actually active lurking? Your case against charter is ridiculous. Posting the picture of monkey almost confirms that your pulling a Chewbacca defense.

Furthermore, you make a case, a much better and a much more detailed case against SV, only to place SV below charter on your preferred kill list. That looks like buddying to me.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #543 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Hey guys, I had a busy weekend. It's way too late/early for me to get caught up now, but I will do so tomorrow.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #611 (isolation #34) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:12 pm

Setael wrote:I had the same reaction to exe's gambit as Umbrage did. I totally bought it and was pissed exe hadn't given TS a chance to claim.
This seems weird to me, just because I assume the mod would have told you it was still day one when you replaced in, so when you read the gambit you must have known it was a fake daykill; otherwise Day 1 would have ended a long time ago.

Not really a fan of the SO-wagon; his posts read a lot more like frustrated town than scum.

For a moment I thought Tragedy was starting to look better, but then he posted
Tragedy wrote:I haven't posted much content towards the damn whole day of the shit, and yet, you dislike trying to get inactive people killed. Guess what? You're trying to point everybody at me so I could actually post good content while somehow feeling threatened. That's basically trying to make everyone more scummier than you think they could be, by making me the easier target, that's not something a good town would do.
It's hard to parse this rambling mess of a paragraph, but if I've done so correctly, Tragedy is saying that good town players would not put pressure on another player. This is patently false.

I vote to daykill Umbrage or Tragedy and nightkill the other.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #641 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:19 pm

Vote: Umbrage

And vezok is a horrible choice to kill today.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #643 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Amrun wrote:Why do you think so, HC?
Because even if he is lying, there are enough other reasonable lynch candidates that we don't need to kill him on Day 1.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #656 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 am

Amrun wrote:That's a fair point, actually. HC, why Umbrage?
Because he reacted to Exe's fake daykill in an extremely scummy way. He advocated killing Exe, despite the fact that if the daykill had gone through it would have made it more likely that Exe was town, and he chose the extremely odd phrasing of "Even if he's town, he's now used his power and is basically a confirmed VT, not someone we want alive." If Exe had a daykill and had hit scum, then Exe would be confirmed town. The way Umbrage tried to set up an Exe nightkill suggests that Umbrage knew how TS would flip.

In addition, Umbrage spent a lot of time pushing a case on charter for active lurking when no reasonable interpretation of "active lurking" would describe charter at all. When called out on how awful his argument was, he gave up and posted a picture of a monkey.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #672 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:30 pm

Umbrage wrote:Lying liars lie. My point that charter was active lurking began when he was active lurking. Look and see.
I did look, and he wasn't.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #784 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:37 am

Sorry, been busy this week. I'm off to get lunch now, and I'll have something more substantial in an hour or so.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #810 (isolation #40) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:37 am

Exe wrote:
2.)
Also, if SV flips scum,
I'd rather we no-kill.
I want time to see post-mortem interactions, as none of SV's connections are damning enough to merit a guaranteed second kill.
This makes a lot of sense, and I support it.

If SV flips town, I think Tragedy should be nightkilled. In addition to Tragedy's scummy play throughout the day, his post at the top of this page feels off to me.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #946 (isolation #41) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Twistedspoon wrote:Where's Haschel anyways?
Haschel is just getting home.

I voted for charter because I didn't want vezok getting killed and he seemed most likely to kill Umbrage. Reading Day 2 now.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #979 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:17 pm

charter wrote:If it was TS who suggested this, then I want TS dead before Amrun.

If Amrun is town, then scum would have voted him so he would kill vezok, and then Amrun would be an easy target today. Of course, if Amrun is scum, the same thing is true. But TS getting us to revote and save Umbrage, there's no excusing or explaining that.
Agreeing with this.

Also, I think we need to slow down. I can see Amrun being scum, and I can also see scum pushing an easy case on a townie. The wagon on Amrun built up REALLY fast. I'm not ready to decide which one it is today.

If Amrun IS scum, then TS also gets scumpoints for being so eager to volunteer to be the Amrun-Executioner.

FF: A daycop seems incredibly likely since vezok was concerned about living through a night.
1) Did you see in thread where FF was suggested as a backup?
2) If so, why did you not vote him when amrun declared she was going rogue?
3) If you had a problem with FF as the backup, why did you not state IN THREAD that you disagreed?
4) If you didn't see it, why are you just skimming the thread because it's there a few times.
1) Yes.
2) I forgot.
3) N/A
4) I've had a ton of essays for my graduate program. By the by, this week I'm going to have the same situation. My schedule should clear up significantly after that. I'll still be here, but don't expect any walls of text.

Tragedy, I was pretty clear about you being one of my top scum reads yesterday. Why did you vote for me specifically?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #988 (isolation #43) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Umbrage wrote:
HC wrote:If Amrun IS scum, then TS also gets scumpoints for being so eager to volunteer to be the Amrun-Executioner.
I assume you mean if she's town?
No, I meant scum. If Amrun is scum, then TS looks like a scumbuddy who knows how the flip is going to go and wants to earn town points. I don't necessarily see why TownAmrun would indicate ScumTS, at least not strongly enough for you to reach that conclusion instead of what I described.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1104 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:58 pm

LA until March 18th. I have literally 11 essays I need to write between now and then, and this game is not very high on my priority list. If you need to replace me, I understand. After Hell Week, I promise to be more active if I am not replaced by then.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1284 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Victory!

It took forever, but I am finally done with all of my finals! Right now I have been awake for over 24 hours so I am in no shape to read the thread but when I wake up tomorrow I promise I have absolutely no committments for quite some time. I haven't read anything since the last time I posted in here, but hopefully the day won't end in the next 12 hours or anything.

Once again, thanks for not replacing me and I'm sorry I had to do that. :-(
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1304 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Sorry, on the day I planned to get caught up, my wife told me that her high school band director had died and that his funeral was that day. By the time I was able to get back to the thread, Exe had ended the day.

I voted for Exe last night.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1305 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:03 pm

EBWOP:
Vote: Ant
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1307 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Tragedy wrote:Well, shit.
Where's Haschel when we need him.
What are you saying "Well, shit" about? And why did you ignore Setael's question?
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1335 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:11 am

This post is mostly thinking aloud, so some of this is probably going to sound super obvious.

Alright, we have two night killers who both look scummy. First off, Amrun announced she was going to make a suboptimal choice, then actually made it. Secondly, Exe promised he would do nothing, and then something happened.

Either Amrun is scum, or scum saw an opportunity to get town to execute town.

Either Exe is scum lying about what he did last night, or the scum have a night kill ability after all.

Something about Exe's ultimatum rubs me the wrong way; if he is scum, he pretty much forced us to give him the night kill and the whole "kill me if it doesn't work out woah don't kill me after all" seems like a plausible gambit for scum to pull.

I'm assuming we have three scum, because if we had four then the game would be over.

I think our best course of action is looking at the claimed night votes from Night 1:
Claimed Votecount for Night Executioner from Day 2 wrote: Amrun (1): Umbrage,
Final Fires (5+1): Setael, Amrun, Ant_to_the_max, Twistedspoon, Exe
Haschel (2): charter, Tragedy
Charter (1): Haschel
Umbrage (1): StrungOver
According to what everybody said, FF should have gotten the nightkill. Amrun actually got the nightkill.

First off, we can all agree that Ant is town. Furthermore, if Amrun is scum, then she could not have voted for herself. Amrun would have no reason to lie about who she voted for, so I'm going to assume that regardless of alignment, Amrun voted for FF.

Amrun (1):
Umbrage

Final Fires (2+
or
): Setael,
Am
run
Ant_to_the_max

Umbrage (1):
StrungOver

If Satael, TS, and Exe are telling the truth, then FF would have received the kill Night 1. This did not happen. Therefore, at least one of those three is lying.

Hypothetically, let's assume that one person who claims to have voted for FF is scum and actually voted for Amrun:

Amrun (3):
Umbrage
scum

Final Fires (4+
or
): Setael,
Am
run
Ant_to_the_max
town, town

Umbrage (1):
StrungOver

If TWO people who claimed to have voted for FF are scum, then that makes 5 votes for Amrun vs. either 4 or 5 votes for FF. That's not enough to get a majority if Amrun is scum, but it is enough if Amrun is town.

Therefore, either Amrun is town and two out of (Setael,TS,Exe) are scum or Amrun lied when she said that she voted for FF. If the former, then Exe is almost certainly running some sort of gambit today/last night.

Now let's assume the lie. This makes Amrun scum. FF has two votes, Amrun has one vote, and some other non-Amrun player has two votes. We're still looking for two scum to vote for Amrun, but now the field is open. Out of the set (Setael,TS,Exe,charter,Tragedy,Haschel), two people are lying about their votes. Which two? I think Tragedy has given odd choices for her night choices; me and TS. I would choose Tragedy for my primary choice of Amrunpartner. charter and I voted for each other, likely for similar reasons, and charter voting for me is a move that I honestly believe he made, so he's out. You'll have to decide for yourself if my vote made sense (hint: it does). We're down to Satael, TS, and Exe again, only this time only one of them is scum. Reading the Sateal/Amrun interaction, I don't feel that they are scumbuddies.

Scum possibilities:
Exe/(Setael or TS)/???
Amrun/Tragedy/(TS/Exe)

I'm not sure who to put in the question marks, which is frustrating because I think Amrun is more likely to be telling the truth about who she voted for than not.

Right, I need food, so I'm going to mull this over over lunch.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1336 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:18 am

EBWOP:
Hypothetically, let's assume that one person who claims to have voted for FF is scum and actually voted for Amrun:

Amrun (3): Umbrage, scum
Final Fires (4+1 or 2): Setael, Amrun, Ant_to_the_max, town, town
Umbrage (1): StrungOver
Delete Setael's name from this list, because for purposes of that chart, Setael is either the scum or one of the two towns.

If one of charter/Tragedy/me is scum, then they would also vote for Amrun here, bringing the total to five votes Amrun and either 5 or 6 votes for FF, which still isn't enough to make Amrun the night killer.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1344 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 pm

Setael wrote:TS, Tragedy and charter is the scum team.
Except if Amrun is town then the scumteam needs to have two of you, TS, and Exe.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1347 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Setael wrote:How do you figure? If only one of them are scum then FF got 5 votes N1 (i.e. Setael - 1; Amrun - 1; Ant - 2, Exe -1) to Amrun's 7 (6 scum votes + Umbrage).
You're right; when making my calcs for that paragraph I forgot that if Amrun is town then I needed to account for two extra scum votes from the people who didn't vote for FF.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1374 (isolation #53) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Exe is scum. The whole "kill-me-if-I-kill-somebody-tonight" thing followed by a kill feels like a gambit. The daykill thing was posted well after Ant was elected, and the whole "My role PM says it won't work after an executioner is elected but I'm going to try it anyway" reeks of lies, particularly after the fake daykill on Day 1.

As for partners, I think TS is one of them. Two people who claim to have voted for FF are scum, and Setael's post where he changes his mind about Amrun reads genuine. Combined with TS's posting today, we've got a partner.

Tragedy is probably the third.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1386 (isolation #54) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:11 am

Setael wrote:Exe is town. This is all distraction. Those who suspect him can wait for the day vig tomorrow.

Tragedy or TS should die today.

@Haschel: why are you again saying 2 of the FF voters must be scum when you admitted your count was off?
Because if only one of the FF voters is lying then that means two of (me, charter, Tragedy) is scum. I'm not scum, and I'm pretty sure charter is not.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1465 (isolation #55) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:55 am

Prod acknowledged, but old college roommate will be here in literally five minutes and we're going out to lunch. Don't end the day in the next hour or so.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1508 (isolation #56) » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Amrun wrote:HC, who would you kill at night, if you were to be given night executioner?
Unless we collectively decide to no-kill, probably Exe.

Charter: I was expecting more from your case on Setael. While I disagree with Setael on Exe, her flip on Amrun feels genuine. I mean, there's a possibility I'm wrong, but I don't think so, and I'd hardly say your case shows that Setael is "clearly scum".
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1582 (isolation #57) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:02 am

I'm okay giving the NK to Setael.

I don't think charter is scum, though. My preference order is Exe, Tragedy, and TS.

But yeah, I understand the plan and will be voting for Setael.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1587 (isolation #58) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:13 pm

I've been scumbuddies with charter in a lot of prior games, and I know how he plays when he's scum. This is not one of those times.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1742 (isolation #59) » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Woo! Good job, teammates!

I knew there wasn't a real doc, but unfortunately I couldn't fakeclaim it, as there was no way a doc-Haschel wouldn't have protected vezok on Night 1.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #1796 (isolation #60) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:29 pm

charter wrote:Oh, one gripe I did have about this game was how there was A TON of discussion about win conditions and EVEN QUOTING OF THE ROLE PMS in thread and nothing was done about it. People should have been modkilled over this. I also think a vanilla role should be publicly posted, but that's personal preference. Other than that I thought you did a good job Mallow.
Agreed with this. Day 2 was unintentional lurking; my life really did get crazy hectic for a little while there. However, my disappearance during the win condition discussion was intentional; there was NO WAY I could have said anything that wouldn't have fucked my side over, so my only option was to wait and hope people moved on so I wouldn't be forced to give an opinion on the issue.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”