Mini 68, Homestar Runner Mafia (Game Over!)

gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:08 am

Post by gslamm »

~Checks to see if Rite is in this game~
Random
Vote: Rite

Now I use my psychic powers to predict Rite will say that I'm ugly :lol:
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:50 am

Post by gslamm »

Let's go with the theory that only the main characters are in this. (and let the mafia find their own claims!)
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:56 pm

Post by gslamm »

I'm goin to have to agree with Rite here. 1st of all with the votes so spread out whoever is voting for good players must be mafia trying for a ... hey wait a minute he unvoted me!?
sugmO Unvote: Rite

Ok as I was saying, voting for a good player is ... Aww nevermind
Vote: Wacky
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:08 am

Post by gslamm »

Unvote: Wacky
No one would claim Pom Pom unless they had too.

@Dirge- I think your senior here.
The days are long...
oops wrong theme
followed by d8p and Rite and then myself...

Hey d8p's in this game? That settles it d8p is to be feared.
Vote:d8p
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:01 am

Post by gslamm »

Unvote: d8p
Just don't try to sell me anything and welcome to the game.

Guess I'll pitch in with Dirge and vote a lurker.
Vote: Bunsofsteel
though I'd rather replace non-participants than lynch them.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:39 am

Post by gslamm »

~Checks list~ Sorry d8p your on my cannot sell me anything EVER list.

Homestar would surely be pro-town and more likely linked with Marzipan ...
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #6) » Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:21 pm

Post by gslamm »

Gotta say it again. I'd rather replace lurkers instead of kill 'em.
Fos :Quagmire
for pushing the idea.
Unvote:Bunsofsteel
If he don't post with content lets replace 'em.

I find what little Blackhawk has posted to be ... well suspicious. So thats where my votes going for now.
Vote:Blackhawk
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:48 am

Post by gslamm »

Dirge: The difference here is Bunsofsteel/LOTW/... are not participating AT ALL. Thats not a strategy of any kind. If we lynch them we're just taking out a random role. So lets replace 'em. If whoever replaces them acts scummy then we can lynch 'em.

Blackhawk "sneeking" on here, posting no content, then disappearing till his next pop-in IS a "under-the-radar" strategy. So he gets my vote.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:52 pm

Post by gslamm »

Dirge. I really don't get where the hostility in your posts is coming from. This really isn't a "I'm right your wrong" controversy.

If the majority wants to rid themselves of a role at random, hopeing that its scum then they'll have to do it without me. I'd rather have the probable pro-town player replaced is all. I would guess there are 8 pro-town roles and 3 mafia. That almost 3 to 1 of lynching a pro-town instead of scum. But we've got something better to go on. Blackhawk is acting suspicious! I'd say that increases our odds if even just a little. Let's hear what he has to say ...

When I do join (or start) a bandwagon its with the intent to catch scum. I'd return the fos but I don't think you'd be so obvious if you were scum. That opinion may change.

MOD: Can we please replace the lurkers?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:30 am

Post by gslamm »

OK, I think I see where your coming from now. When I ping'ed the mod (in the thread a little ways back) I did originally write "non-participants", and changed it before I posted to "lurkers". My intent was the same.

I misunderstood your drive to bandwagon. As a mod I have a
rule
"Repeat after me. "We don't lynch lurkers we replace them" ". I see in the que a call to replace Bunsofsteel. It seems pointless to bandwagon him ...

Given something better to work with, I'd rather move on. Blackhawk needs to post some content next time he "sneeks on" or my vote stays there. Simple.

You baseless accusations that I could be scum I've not taken seriously, and I hope no one else has. I think we're working toward the same goal here: Get everyone playing to play so we can find scum.

Homestar is definately pro-town guys, come-on be real. Marzipan evil? Geez what are you smoking...
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:31 am

Post by gslamm »

Unvote: Blackhawk
I'm not sure what good 5 letter msg's are except to confirm you are who you say you are... and then only to one player Marzipan.

Vote: Quagmire
next on my suspiciousness list. I don't remember what got me going about your posts but I'll read back and see if there was any merit to them... In the mean time day one voting and all ...

Unanswered questions:
Blackhawk< What msg (if any) did you send night 1?
Wacky<What did the mod say?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:34 am

Post by gslamm »

Geez here we go again.
unvote: Quagmire
temporarily. I still feel he was scummy while he was here. So whoever the unlucky replacement is will have to do some fast talking to get me over that feeling...
MOD: Can you replace Quagmire?

This keeps up at least we'll have a game full of participating players...
<insert previous discussion of replacing -vs- lynching>
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:17 am

Post by gslamm »

blackhawk wrote:I did send a message last night, but i probably won't tell it unless it is confimred that i won't be modkilled like UT was in Office Space.

If you have any question about your role/abilities/gender/... ASK THE MOD! Thats what he does (as well as vote counts and replacing people...)

The excuse "I'm not sure what my role does." and "Is it alright if I disclose <blank>?" is wearing really thin.

Wacky. ?!? Where do I start ? If I understand you correctly, You talk to a random female (player) at night.
*Did you talk to a player last night?
*Do you know the character/player/both/neither?
*What did you say? (if the mod says it's alright to tell us)
*<insert several other questions I haven't thought of yet>
*How does any of that
confirm
either one of you?

For now I still believe both of you somewhat, but these are questions that make it hard to completely trust what you've said. I've still got my finger on Quagmire's replacement, so for now...
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:40 pm

Post by gslamm »

Wacky: Hate to keep digging like this, and I appreciate that you are attempting to answer the questions as put to you, but here goes.
Does your newly found communication ability identify the role/player/both/ that you talk to?
Before you say "I don't know" Go back and read my last post (or else!)

I agree with what d8p said about marzipan/blackhawk.

Welcome breakdown. Hope you sober up /catch up soon. I know it sucks, but quagmire was most suspicious before leaving so your under the noose now.

Vote:Breakdown
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:49 am

Post by gslamm »

Dirge wrote:Does anyone recall whether or not the first night went long? <snip> As I remember the length of N1 was pretty standard. Wacky's claim gets weaker and weaker.
<snip> It is my feeling now that if Wacky is scum then gslamm probably is too. The fact that gslamm votes for breakdown based on suspicions he had from Quagmire, a person that posted practically nothing like 4 times is ludicrous.<snip>
This will be fun to tear apart.

Night one WAS exceptionally long. Was it because of Wacky? or because we had several inattentive players? We can only guess. Do you really think Pom-Pom is evil? I doubt it. Do you not believe Wacky is Pom-Pom?

Just because I'm quizzing Wacky doesn't mean he is the most suspicious to me. I'm not defending Wacky cause I don't know. It seems like you are trying to lead everyone around like sheep. It must be very upsetting that I'm not playing along blindly.

Quagmire WAS most suspicious to me. Was that because of his role? I intend to find out.

Dirge, Why is it me and you have been on opposite sides of every discussion? If you are scum, I thought you were a better player than that. If you are pro-town, you really should start thinking about your votes and accusations instead of throwing them around at everyone.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:05 pm

Post by gslamm »

Breakdown wrote: Gslamm, though, spent alot of post saying "don't kill the lurkers", and now he's gunning for Quagmire/me. Quagmire was lurking, or at least inactive, and gslamm's sudden change in lurker philosophy makes me raise an eyebrow, seems like he just wants night to get here, which seems scummy. So, mostly for the reasons above, and a little bit for retalitory purposes:wink:,
Vote gslamm
Whaaat? My "philosoph" hasn't changed a bit.

My disagreement with Dirge on this point was a misunderstanding. I felt that he wanted to lynch non-posters since they wouldn't defend themselves. He has explained he felt they would post if given reason.

This seems to be the same misunderstanding you and I have. I am voting you because Quagmire WAS posting; in a suspicious manner. Jumping on convienient bandwagons, posting without content, "I'm here. Nothing to add..." You've done nothing to change my mind.

I don't intended to kill you or anyone without reason. Having said that, I still feel that you should give us something to work with. I will consider failing to do that as reason.

Dirge, 7 days is the longest night 1 I've ever played. I agree as a mod I prod. But I also set a deadline and if it's missed I choose for them
(Don't I d8p? you rock seller you)
It's really up to the mod. I also agree it
could
be both. but I doubt it. And I'll be keeping an eye on Wacky.
Dirge wrote:You and I end up at odds because we are both working hard to find scum. I respect your play style.
And I respect yours.
Though a bit abrasive
I apologize for the sarcastic remarks in my last post.

Wacky, Not argueing so much as seeing things differently.

Lastly (For now): Not Voting: blackhawk, bloojay, carmine, Wacky.
Come-on have an opinion. Join in.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:09 am

Post by gslamm »

I'll be away from Wed-Sun. Thanksgiving reunion and all.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:23 pm

Post by gslamm »

Alright everyone a little advice. Take it easy today, even though it is only day two.

Fos:Dirge
since it seems in hindsight it seems he was defending Quagmire / Breakdown a little too much.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:56 am

Post by gslamm »

Saigon: You should probably spill it. Either you have a reason that we can get behind or your starting a bandwagon on a hunch. I won't vote on a hunch at this point even if it's someone I'm suspicious of.

Dirge: My first game, I won as mafia, I voted both my partners. So putting the lynching vote on Quag-down, won't clear you I'm afraid. Sorry I don't feel like quoting the entire day one where you were steering the votes away from the player(s) later found to be Da 'Cheet.

I believe the "shaky" claims that you keep attacking, if you need another reason. Marzipan has not come out and condemned Homsar.
d8p wrote:I don't know that we actually need to pressure blackhawk. I think we can assume Marzipan is in this game, and that she would have said blackhawk is lying if he were since it'd mean he's scum.
I'm guessing the same goes for Wacky. I sure would like a role claim also. From either Saigon giving reasons for his suspicions or Dirge to dispel them. Or whoever is Marzipan and can confirm themselves and several townies. or.... <insert your name here>
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:15 pm

Post by gslamm »

I've reread the thread and want to take back something I said. namely
gslamm wrote: Or whoever is Marzipan and can confirm themselves and several townies.

Vote:Dirge
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #20) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:20 pm

Post by gslamm »

Note to all: That makes three out of four. Don't vote till he gets a chance to claim.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #21) » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:24 pm

Post by gslamm »

I searched the site fairly thoroughly and only found this song and a reference to it in the email titled sibbie.

I'm all for lynching Dirge now. To the limit even.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #22) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:44 am

Post by gslamm »

dirge wrote:If you don't buy the fhgwads take it up with the mod. I can prove I'm who I say I am!
Please do. What have you been waiting on?

Actually this is probably the most interesting part of playing the town side of mafia. Watching a trapped scum desperately fish for support.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #23) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:50 am

Post by gslamm »

Saigon: It'd probably be a good idea for you to tell everything at this point. So we don't lose any information if you get killed tonight.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #24) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:58 pm

Post by gslamm »

Yeah I'm pretty confused too. Mostly about why Dirge is still alive. During the "debate" yesterday he sat with three votes waiting to be lynched till Saigon flipped out and Rite changed his vote.

One or both of the two remaining mafia could have jumped on and finished him for an easy lynch if he was pro-town. So I'm convinced Dirge is NOT pro-town.

The question remains why one of the remaining pro-town players didn't finish him off? Or why his remaining mafia buddy didn't vote him ...

I think it's time for everyone to claim. I also think d8p should go first for obvious reasons.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #25) » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:57 pm

Post by gslamm »

Wacky wrote: <snip>Firstly, that could explain why no-one has jumped on, since whomever jumps on and lynches him is automatically scum by your logic. Secondly, if Dirge was pro-town, you'd still have a 3 town-2 scum endgame, which might not have worked out for scum. Thirdly, maybe all of the scum that isn't Dirge are already on him. Fourthly, I fail to see why that would make mass-claiming work, being Day 2 and all

In other words, still VERY confused. Can somebody please explain who the hell Bubs is, where I can find the 1930s, and why d8p needs to roleclaim, and why Dirge hasn't explained what a fhqwghads does?
First: As of the time Rite said he was not adverse to lynching Dirge, finishing him off is no longer auto-scum. Like I said I'm confused why Dirge is still alive.

Third:Rite, Saigon, and myself were voting Dirge. I assure you only one of these are possibly scum, but I doubt it.

Bubs runs the concession stand.
The 1930's is part of the movies from the site.
d8p needs to role claim
1st
because he hasn't done so yet, seems to be defending Dirge, is being accused by Saigon, is being asked to by me ...
From the site a fhqwhads (sp?) is a name used by someone that wrote an e-mail to Strong Bad who made the name into a song. Dirge claims to be a role blocker.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #26) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:29 am

Post by gslamm »

Anti-town? LOL Let me try this again in my own quirky way.

I think there is nothing to gain by the three of us who haven't claimed not doing so now. It will also help explain some things to the remaining townies and maybe prevent an accidental townie lynch.

I'm asking you d8p to go 1st being you are the most likely (to me) to be mafia with Dirge. Especially if like you say Saigon would have to be a great actor to be acting the way he is.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #27) » Sat Dec 06, 2003 4:39 pm

Post by gslamm »

[sarcasm]
Blackhawk: Well I think it'd be just great if you voted for Dirge. Pretty sure he won't agree with me on that though.

Here's an idea: read the thread from where you left off and rejoin the game.
[/sarcasm]0

Seriously it'd be nice to here your opinion on the current discussion of the remaining players role claiming (starting with d8p if I get my way).
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #28) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:53 am

Post by gslamm »

Back Way Up!
Bub's having access to Marzipan's messages is just... well,, weird.
Get ready everyone. Especially Dirge

Unvote: Dirge
temporarily though I still believe he is scum.

I'm asking for everyone to unvote whoever your voting for until we get this all cleared up AND get complete roleclaims from everyone starting with:
Saigon<< what did Blackhawk send night one?
and d8p, then Me, and finally Rite.

I'm sure we can confirm all the pro-town roles this way.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #29) » Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:43 pm

Post by gslamm »

Saigon wrote:
Strong Bad, could you find a replacement for me
, please?
Mod: Is Saigon being replaced?

It's hard to argue logic with someone willing to admit they are not acting logically.

Blackhawk: Please unvote Dirge for the moment. As much as I believe he needs to be lynched, I would like to clear up the Saigon matter AND get all role claims in the open before night falls.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:35 am

Post by gslamm »

Dirge wrote: gslamm, what do you hope to gain?

That would mean that these four players could possibly confirm each other’s innocence. That is pretty positive for us!
I think you answered your own question.
Dirge wrote: The problem with this is that we already have
two
people with access to her machine.
Two? Not counting Saigon? Care to explain?

Saigon: Prove that you have access to Marzipan's messages or be lynched.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #31) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:29 am

Post by gslamm »

Yeah I can see how that could be considered sloppy. I however am not twisting your words I'm only pointing out what I'm refering to. If anyone doubts that they can go back and read the original.

It seems like either you misunderstood me or are intentionally dodging the question.

You mentioned 4 townies being able to clear each other. Wacky and Blackhawk are two, Marzipan makes three. Who is the forth? That is what I'm after with the mass claim. (although I'm hoping for 5) How can that be bad for the town?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #32) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:11 am

Post by gslamm »

Or maybe again I'm just seeing things from a different perspective than you again. I also have a problem with Bub's having access to the answering machine, but for a different reason. Add that no proof of this has been produced...

Can the remaining players at least give their feelings on my plan to get all claims out before night?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:12 am

Post by gslamm »

And I can confirm Rite is Marzipan, or definately has access to the message I sent last night, since he used the two code words that I gave him last night for that purpose. I was debating whether to do this myself.

So you see this leaves only d8p, Dirge, and Saigon.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:16 am

Post by gslamm »

blackhawk - Homsar !
d8P -Strong Sad
Dirge -fhqwhads
gslamm -HomestarRunner !
rite -Marzipan !
Saigon -Bubs
Wacky -PomPom !

In my notes the "!" means confirmed. Thats why I said "That leaves Saigon, Dirge and d8p." Though I guess there is still a little question about Wacky.

I'm willing to go along with Dirge's plan to let him have one night to prove himself by blocking someone. I'll even volunteer to be the one blocked, since my ability has served it's purpose, and has been proven to work both nights. That still leaves a problem if Rite is killed tonight, then Dirge will not be confirmed. Any other suggestions?

Are we agreed we lynch Saigon today? d8p is there any way to confirm your role?
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 09, 2003 11:26 pm

Post by gslamm »

I have to agree
Vote: Saigon

We never got an answer to why blackhawk sent the word "Coach". Just a reminder.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #36) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:14 pm

Post by gslamm »

... and before anyone rushs into the voting I wanna here some details about d8p's role.

No Homsar is a seperate charachter from Homestar Runner.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #37) » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:07 pm

Post by gslamm »

No if we mess this lynch up we lose!

I'm waiting to hear from Dirge and d8p before I vote. There is a slight chance that one of them is pro-town.

Blackhawk: Your "maybe"'s and "I don't know"s are really buggin me.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:23 am

Post by gslamm »

Yes, that is sad. What's even more sad is there is no way to confirm your role.

I'm really tempted to doubt Blackhawk, except his confusion over the remaining mafia seems genuine. There is usually three mafia to start.

I disagree that the mafia would have powerful roles.

*CoachZ was our only investigator and I doubt he would be sane. Looking back at his posts doesn't help either.
*Bub's was our Doc? Geez.

The rest of us had the ability to talk to Marzipan at night, therby confirming ourselves and not much else.

*Me/Homestar Runner full messages every night.
*Wacky/Pom Pom full message once.
*Blackhawk/Homsar limited msg every night.

Vote:Dirge
who I expect is Strong Mad.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:06 am

Post by gslamm »

Unvote:Dirge
temporarily. Since the mod said 4 to lynch I'm thinking this saves you. Again temporarily.

I'm fairly sure I'll be killed tonight. There is the possibility that Bub's planted a protective ketchup "Bomb" outside my house so maybe not.

Note he said he had two bombs , confirmed by the mod, and that only one was accounted for by his death. Yesterday I was hoping Rite was protected since he was the obvious target.

Lets here the reasons Dirge. I'm willing to listen...
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:35 am

Post by gslamm »

Vote: Dirge
I listened. I don't believe you. Goodbye.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #41) » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:17 pm

Post by gslamm »

Please say anything that you feel will help. Especially as this is now twighlight.
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #42) » Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:29 am

Post by gslamm »

SK
3 mafia
....1 GF with ability
....2 goons with safe claims
--------
1 kamikazi
--------
1 hunter
1 hunted
---------
1 cop
1 two-shot doc
3 half-masons

Hmmm. It worked out suprisingly fair. Although I think EhSteve! didn't have much of a chance.

I never suspected Wacky. Grrrrr.
Very well played d8p.
One of these days Dirge and I will be Mafia together. When that happens, look out town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”