Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Mon May 23, 2011 4:39 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Colour claiming out. Common sense. I don't usually find a bunch of mechanic speculation helpful, so I'm already through with all this. Anyway,
vote Hot Dogs
. Do we know each other?

Also,
mod
I'm putting in my notice that
I will be mostly V/LA until next Monday
because of grading and attending a wedding. And for future, I typically don't post on weekends.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #1) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Just back from V/LA. Will post tomorrow.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #2) » Mon May 30, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Ghost's information tease does seem suspicious, but at the same time, it's believable to me because I just had a game where I received information like that. We'll just have to judge based on the information itself.

I really don't understand all the stuff going on with hiphop. I've read the ISO, I've read it in context, and it doesn't stand out to me. Then again, I didn't see anything suspicious about Voided and the town was on the money with that one. Apparently, I'm not very good at seeing the micro-slips which are indicative of scumminess.

I'm down with scrutinizing the lurkers and those who just plopped their votes on hiphop with no explanation. I do want to say, however, that lynching hiphop is perfectly acceptable. From what I understand, this game is self-balancing, so town will be on the off-hand until one of us dies. Additionally, I've considered that the power the scum acquired might have been something along the lines of seeing a person's colour. Anyway, I just remembered something I want to go investigate. I'll divulge if it turns out to be correct.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #3) » Mon May 30, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

hiphop wrote:
Glass wrote:I don't get it, you quoted that line just because it was the only thing to quote? Why quote anything at all if it has nothing to do with your vote?
He posted, I pushed quote, typed what I wanted to say, then continued on in another window....Finished and I hit submit.

I looked back at hiphop again, and this is what gets to me. The whole xvart vote is strange. He didn't find xvart scummy (there's a post along the lines of "how could he possibly think xvart scummy because he clearly said the first town death" or something), but he voted him anyway which it turns out was RVS. xvart challenges this because we were clearly out of RVS, and hiphop counters by asking when RVS arbitrarily ends. The thing is, he quoted xvart talking about wanting powers and voted him in that same post. If it's RVS, why would you quote that? Usually when people quote then vote it is because they are voting based on what was said there, but you are claiming that is exactly what wasn't happening.

The final question in this Glass quote sums up my thoughts very nicely. Please give a better response to it for me, hiphop.

Preview Edit: I like that last catch by Rhinocke. I had forgotten about that. I'll wait for a response, but my vote is probably going on hiphop.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #4) » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Post 174 is :badposting:. Too bad you didn't respond better.

Giving Ghost until tomorrow morning to post his info before my vote goes on hiphop.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #5) » Mon May 30, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

vote hiphop L-1
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #6) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

That case is chock full of WIFOM like you said, Glass. Plus, that second post is a good scum gambit. If he dies, there's only one scum left and those aren't good odds going into day 3 even with self-balancing mechanics. What's more, those powers are no good against a town who can catch scum without needing to use powers.

I think we should lynch hiphop anyway. The posts point too much toward scum, and we can learn a helluva lot from his death. And like I mentioned before, we might lose a townie, but that means two townies gain powers.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I wonder if it might be illuminating to
vote Meransiel
. I know a lynch the lurkers policy probably isn't that productive on day 3, but we have killed two scum already and he hasn't contributed to either lynch.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I thought about that...

Here's my processing:
Leis voted Voided, but not hiphop. (Potential bus of one scum, but don't want to dwindle numbers too much by bussing the other.)
hiplop, Rhinocke, Jedo do not vote Voided, but vote hiphop. (The reverse of the above.)
xvart, SC, Hotdogs, Glass vote both. (Potential bussing of both scum buddies.)
Meransiel votes for neither. (And not much more, for that matter.)

Which is the most likely to be? (Also, this is all assuming there is only three scum. In a 13-player game, there has to be one group of four, and it could easily be the scum.) I'm sure either Leis or Merans are scum. If we think Leis is more likely, I will gladly move over there.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:58 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Here's the thing, Leis: my speculation with the vote count was just potential. Did you see what I put regarding the people who voted both of them? That's actually not very likely at all. Also, I was self-critical demonstrating that I clearly wasn't on the day 1 wagon. Admittedly, I was V/LA for a good part of day 1, but I wasn't making excuses. The fact that you're quick to defend yourself in that arena when I've hardly done any accusing is suspicious. Anyway, Glass is the one saying you should be our vote today.

As for your analysis, well, it's a harsh criticism, but I also think it's a little bit of misrep. I honestly wasn't sure about hiphop when I made that first post. Nothing really stood out to me on my first go-through. I said as much. The comments about being okay with lynching hiphop and the "irrelevant mechanism speculation" had to do with the fact that I didn't think it would hurt town if he flipped town because then two people would get powers. What I was saying is while I don't necessarily see the scumminess and think we might be on the wrong track, it won't be detrimental and is therefore not imperative to try stopping. That's quite a bit different than what you're suggesting.

The about-turn which you want to paint as scummy, Rhinocke, is also a bit different than your suggestion. After posting that, I decided to go read him one more time to see if there was something I had missed. If the same people who caught Voided on day 1 are saying hiphop is scum, surely there must be something there. I came back with something I had seen, brought it up, and in fact waited for a response from hiphop. If he had a good explanation, I may not have voted him. Additionally, you brought up a point I thought was valid. It's not like I said, "I see nothing scummy about hiphop," then, "hiphop is so SCUM DIE!" There was a reasoning to it, and you can track that.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Leiskyrie wrote:
Jedo the Jedi wrote: I'm sure either Leis or Merans are scum. If we think Leis is more likely, I will gladly move over there.

And then after my post

Jedo the Jedi wrote: The fact that you're quick to defend yourself in that arena when I've hardly done any accusing is suspicious. Anyway, Glass is the one saying you should be our vote today.

Notice the rapid backpedaling there? Jedo pushes the "blame" onto Glass, despite what he posted earlier. Not to mention that my "defense" was saying that his speculation, as he calls it, is faulty is my case although it appears to be the reason he's calling me scummy.

On the other hand, hotdogs' hammer for me was a complete null. The fact that SC brought it up just...is odd.

To Meransiel: some er...content would be nice?

Totally backpedaling. My certainty had to do with odds and the vote pattern. And just because I feel confident about it doesn't make me correct. Your defense was disproportionate to this suggestion. If I had gone and ISO'd you and put up some sort of argument, that would have been reasonable. Additionally, my point is that I had already chosen Merans as the better bet, so why were you getting up in arms against me when, as I said, Glass is the one who suggested you? Again, I said you are likely scum. Stop freaking out, or I will call you scum.

This cat needs some pressure.
unvote, vote StrangerCoug
Merans is proposing a perfectly reasonable thing. It is not outside the realm of possibility given the events, and it is suicidal as scum, as Glass pointed out. Your response and denial only make you look worse. The thing is, you aren't the mod, so you have no fucking clue what he has designed as far as power distribution and balance. Make your claim as Merans has asked, or be anti-town and get lynched.

That's
L-1
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I'll let Merans decide if that's enough.

Not even close to what he describes? How powerful do you think his power is? I have an idea, and it's not game-breaking powerful. It is simply useful if employed correctly. (If I even understand his hints correctly.) Additionally, while we don't all need to go claiming, there is reasonably three other people with powers, so why were you so afraid to come out? So scum know two people with powers. If you die, the other red will just become stronger, and theoretically, scum still don't know that person. The beauty of this game is town kills are not as detrimental. We still lose numbers, but there is a proportional gain.

Also, I will
unvote
to make sure we don't have an "accidental" hammer.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #12) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

What I'm confused about is why Merans thought he could catch Coug in a lie. Theoretically, he would get a yes for roughly 2/3 of town. Plus, how do we know what other colour(s) are out there? Blue hasn't come up yet. It may very well be green. (I mean, primaries makes sense, but still.)
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

The last red definitely needs to stay hidden. Coug may well be a target tonight.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:27 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I actually did vote for hiphop, if you care to pay attention, Rhinocke.

I looked up some ISOs and I agree hiplop would be informative. He only voted for one scum, and he seems to only be skim reading/posting. The same is true of HotDogs except he voted for both scum. I'm down with either.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Arrogant or stagnant? I mean, we clearly have very little as far as leads. I say we pick somebody and go with it. hiplop or HotDogs seem like good choices because of that posting just enough not to be a lurker stuff. You and Leis have posted stuff making you seem more town to me since my initial suggestion, so I'm done there. Coug is pretty much cleared. xvart is almost guaranteed town in my book. There aren't many more.

Again, I want to iterate that losing a townie isn't going to hurt us that much because of the self-balancing mechanism. This alone makes me feel more carefree when it comes to taking such risks. We don't need to go just lynching townies all over the place, but it will probably be informative if we pick the correct person.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

There are at least four other people whose votes weren't doing anything, and I never suggested a lurker hunt. In fact, my point was that those two are posting just enough not to be considered lurkers.

I figured I would be a decent option for a vote today. I'm no naive. However, I don't think my lynch would be very informative. The only upside to my death would be the powers gained by town. That's a worthy sacrifice.

I think instead HotDogs would be good. He's popped in here just like I expected, and he still hasn't added anything.
vote HotDogs
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

StrangerCoug wrote:
Jedo the Jedi wrote:There are at least four other people whose votes weren't doing anything, and I never suggested a lurker hunt. In fact, my point was that those two are posting just enough not to be considered lurkers.

Hence why I said you were advocating an "active" lurker hunt. If you're barely posting, constantly prod-dodging, etc. and not really posting any content when you do, then you are active lurking. There is a difference.

Ah. I misunderstood which word active was modifying. In that case, those two are better choices than me. Just compare our content. (Unless I've misunderstood your intent again and I'm scummy because of my suggestion itself.)
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

1. Because he hasn't done anything...
2. I suppose he could be lying. I don't think that's something we should test today.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

1. He tries to stay out of the lime-light. If there's one thing scum want to do it's to avoid drawing attention to themselves. That's how I feel about HotDogs. He's so bland. He only posted a few things against Voided, and they weren't strongly worded. Just enough to be seen targeting a mafia. hiphop is more of the same, and he just slipped his vote on me.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Or more like: Jedo didn't really see the hiphop scumminess, so he was suspicious of the people piling on hiphop. When Jedo's opinion changed, he would no longer be suspicious of those same people. (Duh.) When I declared an intention to vote hiphop, I thought it was only probablehe was scum; I still wasn't sold. His response could have still swayed me either way. (You know, since responses are pretty telling as some are pointing out with Coug.) I've been playing mafia for on and off for seven years. A three-person mafia group was pretty standard before my return to mafia this year. It's just natural. I still don't know into which group the odd-man-out falls in this game, but it could be scum or a colour group. My default then is to assume three scum. Sue me.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Glass wrote:Jedo: I believe the "slip" that Rhinocke is referring to is you saying that once hiphop is lynched there will be 1 scum left.

I know. My point was I thought hiphop to be scum, and my default scum count is three. Thus, if hiphop was lynched and flipped scum, there would only be one left. Definitely not a slip.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #22) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

This is unfortunate.

Criticize my choice all you want, but it doesn't seem like HotDogs was really pushing either of those lynches. He just pops his vote on there, maybe with a comment or two. It's not overly town looking to me, even though they both flipped scum.

My choices are really HotDogs, hiplop (his play looks very similar to HotDogs), and Rhinocke. I think Coug is best left to tomorrow. Everybody else looks at null/leaning town. I'm not the best scumhunter in the world, but those are the reads I see.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I am usually V/LA weekends. Sorry I didn't mention it.

I can't say much other than what I've already said: I'm not scum, but if you want to lynch me I'm sure it will benefit the town by the power increase. Maybe when the game is over and you see the truth you will change what you see as scum reads when you come up against me.

I don't really want Coug to be the lynch today. I think he's suspicious after seeing the case more clearly, but I'd rather bust up one of the others. In order to give us some information and move the game along, I will hammer Coug the next time I get on (at least 8 hours from now, maybe 14).
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

vote StrangerCoug
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

If you are town, it would still be helpful for you to post your thoughts for us to analyze tomorrow. There's still time until the mod posts the death scene.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

I believe Leis.

vote Meransiel
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Who were the blue? I am impressed and disappointed none of us were killed.

And I told you I wasn't scum.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”