Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #0) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

Holla.

@ Mod: Can you confirm the prescence of anti-town players?
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #1) » Tue May 31, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Hoppster »

Okay.

Here be a synopsis (with spoilers) of the movie.

Interesting read. I need to watch that sometime.

So, um, 'observations'.

Odd how vezok bought up mass claim first post yet hasn't bought it up then since. The only reasons offered against mass claiming were basically "ooh secret mechanics": was that really enough to convince you? You didn't consider that beforehand with a game where NOBODY DIES?

vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote vezok

i really want to see what happens when someone gets lynched.

Why did you vote yourself instead of then joining the biggest bandwagon in TO?

monk wrote:Um Jily there hasn't really been enough information at the moment to show anything more than gut feelings. I find you pushing for evidence this close to rvs sus so VOTE: jilynne1991
monk wrote:much the same way that you read almost everyone else, I'm guessing, I don't actually think myself or tarsonisocelot are VI's, for my part I put it in there to troll. You lynch people who are being antitown for the most part and by God I'm sheeping you TO until Parama actually decides to give us something. VOTE: Parama
monk wrote:fine VOTE: vezokpiraka

Idongedit.

inHimshallibe wrote:Ok, thus far we have a bunch of spam and Parama being town. That about it?

No.

VOTE: inHim

EVERYBODY SHOULD SHEEP ME

IT'S PARAMA'S OBVTOWN SLOT COMBINED WITH HOPPSTER'S INCREDIBLE TUNNELLING ABILITIES

WE CANNOT FAIL
Benmage: First, for the sake of irony. I'm going to illustrate how completely idiotic and hypocritical scumhunter is.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Hoppster »

inHimshallibe wrote:Hoppster, no. Bad.

I concede the point that vezok's call for a massclaim was something. I don't see the worth of any of the rest.

OK, then, let's talk about possible game scenarios. The movie's hero is shoved back into the simulation until he correctly identifies the person responsible for the bomb on the train. I imagine the information we get after a lynch will help us in determining how to go through the next iteration. So, no vezok, I don't think we just lynch someone to "see what happens." That is a foolhardy and wasteful path to take.

vote: monk

Really think we've got something here, given the superbuddying going on with tarsonisocelot reads to me as a hyperactive defense for being called out by his RL friend. I know, I've abused one rajrhcpfreak in the same manner.

DAMNIT

UNVOTE:
VOTE: monk

This works as well.

I personally had it in my head that the person we lynch is examined for being 'teh bomb personz'. If not, the simulation resets and we try again tomorrow.

But then I don't understand why the game would last less than three game days.

I'll explain what I didn't get about monk's vote hopping: he votes jilynne with "OMG U ASK HOW TO BE TOWN U MUST BE SCUM", then agrees with TO, then decides to vote Parama, and then when Parama replaces out goes to voting vezokpiraka when logic would dictate he should go back to voting jilynne.

I didn't like how you basically avoided commenting on anything by referring to it all as 'spam', or how you didn't vote. Your latest post reassures me I was wrong, though.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #3) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Hoppster »

inHim, vezok, TO: thoughts on a No Lynch?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Tue May 31, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Hoppster »

Yes, but a game less than 2 days?

This feels like one of those trick games. Like that ridiculous b-mod game where everybody was a VT but weren't allowed to say they were a VT and flipped something random on death, except less bastardly. Similar mind-bending concept, though.

I'm going to watch this film at some point over the coming days and see if anything occurs to me.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:No guys. This Monk nonsense is terrible. He is the towniest person here, especially now that Hoppster took over Parama's spot. Look at Iso #5 and #7 for reasons why. One of the people on this wagon is scum and it's Inhim due to POE. (Hoppster is still town...
unfortunately
, and Vezo is Vezo)

I RESENT THAT. >>

How can my slot still be town yet not be the towniest slot? If you're confident enought to say it is town, how has it changed from being the towniest slot?

How can you say inHim is scum by POE, yet have vezo as vezo? The whole point of the saying "WELL VEZOK IS VEZOK" is that he is seen by people as a VI - unreadable. You don't know whether he's scum or town, he's scummy as both alignments. So you can't rule him out as scum, and then using POE to say inHim is scum by ruling out vezok is just terrible.

monk is not the towniest person here... not by a
loooong
shot.

ISO #5 is not town, it's null. We have no reason to believe scum would know more about lynch thresholds than town. If anything, it's scum getting nervous about a lynch.

ISO #7 is actually scummy put in context of how quickly he sheeped TO's Parama vote later.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #6) » Tue May 31, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:Vezo is not unreadable. He's playing town here.

You are not the towniest person here, but you're still town. What's wrong with that statement? It's just that your posts so far are terrible.

Heck, sheeping the vote later is even more reason why he's town, scum like to be pretty consistent with their reads. Monk is showing a willingness to change his mind and try new shit.

So why say "Vezo is Vezo" instead of "Vezok is town"? Unless you're implying vezok is always town, that makes no sense at all.

"especially now that Hoppster took over Parama's spot" strongly implies that the change in your read of this slot being the most town was due to my replacing in. Either my posts are scummy, in which case, why am I still town; or they're not scummy, in which case, why am I no longer the towniest slot? Are they terrible-town or terrible-scummy? Even if they're terrible-null, I should still really be the towniest slot, as monk's only post between Parama replacing out and me replacing in was a terrible vezok vote.

You're also suggesting that being inconsistent in your reads is a town-tell.

If I unvoted monk and went "HERP DERP YOU'RE RIGHT HE'S OBVTOWN" and then voted anybody else, would that be a town-tell?

If inHim unvoted monk and went "HERP DERP YOU'RE RIGHT HE'S OBVTOWN" and then voted anybody else, would that be a town-tell?

Heck, if inHim just plain unvoted monk and voted you, would that be a town-tell?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 am

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:First things first there is a difference between townieness and your alignment being town. My town reads right now are you, monk and vezo. The only person that is playing protown right now (townieness) is monk. Parama was playing extremely protown, but then you came in.

tl;dr
Hoppster is town; his play bad.

And to answer your question about the tells: of course not, since I have now mentioned it. As soon as I mention a tell, scum can conform to it.

Why are you not answering the bit about vezok?

In what way is my play bad?

What makes you think monk was not aware of this supposed 'inconsistent reads = town tell' beforehand?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #8) » Tue May 31, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:To answer your questions:

What do you want me to say about vezo? I think he's town. He's playing terribly antitown. Nothing new about that.

It's mainly the tunneling I don't like about your play. That and you're voting monk.

I don't. I assume. If you don't assume things like this then there would be no tells ever.

Hoppster wrote:So why say "Vezo is Vezo" instead of "Vezok is town"? Unless you're implying vezok is always town, that makes no sense at all.

You were confident enought to think I was tunnelling after I had made FOUR posts, one of which was voting for inHim, the second was unvoting inHim and voting for monk, and the third and fourth were pondering No Lynch?

Do you think monk is a VI?

monk wrote:Hoppster why is it unfair to say our reads on your slot have changed due to you actually scumhunting rather than just complaining about everyone else in the thread

Can you please rephrase this so I can understand?

Do you think I'm town and I'm scumhunting or do you think I'm scum and I'm complaining?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Tue May 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Hoppster »

Fjsjdjfjc

UNVOTE:

No time to post more right now, but no to further mass claims, need to think about it more.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #10) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

@ TO: Is your role since being given the gun specifically a "Day Vigilante"? Were you told that you recieved the gun from monk? Also, thoughts on No Lynch? Also, don't shoot vezok.

@ inHim: still think monk is scum after the claim? Also, thoughts on No Lynch?

@ monk: Are you now a Bystander after giving the gun away? Also, thoughts on No Lynch?

@ earworm:
Hoppster wrote:
earworm wrote:To answer your questions:

What do you want me to say about vezo? I think he's town. He's playing terribly antitown. Nothing new about that.

It's mainly the tunneling I don't like about your play. That and you're voting monk.

I don't. I assume. If you don't assume things like this then there would be no tells ever.

Hoppster wrote:So why say "Vezo is Vezo" instead of "Vezok is town"? Unless you're implying vezok is always town, that makes no sense at all.

You were confident enought to think I was tunnelling after I had made FOUR posts, one of which was voting for inHim, the second was unvoting inHim and voting for monk, and the third and fourth were pondering No Lynch?

Do you think monk is a VI?

@ jilynne: Why is splitfarvle leaning town for you?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

tarsonisocelot wrote:the kill taking place when I send it in

Do you mean via PM?

Is it multiple use (the gun)?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #12) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

Is that only because I've prompted you, or would you have done that anyway?

Also, No Lynch, Y/N?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:34 am

Post by Hoppster »

earworm,
Hoppster wrote:

Also, you had decided my posting was terrible and tunnelly in my very first post, based on that half-jokey caps message? You were willing to assume I would tunnel this game even though I unvoted in my very next post?

inHimshallibe wrote:
vote vezok

His stance of "lets lynch someone to see what happens" smacks of scum motivation (wasting information) and extra knowledge (he knows something's going to happen).

Even though he offered to lynch himself?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:Let's just leave at that and get back to scumhunting.

So, in that regard, why did you want to no lynch?

Say again?

When do I say I want to No Lynch?

I was considering it due to the weird mechanics, and thought I'd hear what people thought. Also turned out to be a good way of testing for reactions to the idea.

And why is my interest in No Lynch worthy of scum-hunting from you, yet vezok's persistent "LYNCH NAO!!!!" is not?

Both revolve around lynches, which we don't know the effect of.

So how can you not press into vezok's frame of mind, but press into mine?

jilynne1991 wrote:I am against No Lynching, especially on the first day. It's stupid and it helps us in absolutely no way.

How do you know that in this setup where nobody is removed from the game anyway, it won't help us?

@ split: Anything to say about monk? Or anybody apart from jilynne?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Hoppster »

vezokpiraka wrote:If one scum and one lynch + vig in a day that means there is a 3/4 chance for the town to win.

We don't necessarily know that:

a) The Vig isn't scum
b) Lynching the scum means town wins
c) Vig'ing the scum means town wins
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:26 am

Post by Hoppster »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Anyone object to me vig-ing Hoppster? (Including Hoppster, please tell me why shooting you would be bad.)

Umm wat.

Do you have any reasons you want to shoot me for? I can't really defend myself if you make no reasons why you want to shoot me.

It would probably be bad because I assume we need to shoot the people with anti-town win conditions in order to win. I don't understand what you're expecting me to say.

I don't know, maybe we need to shoot innocent people to win. I have no idea. It could be good or bad.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #17) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

monk wrote:Although I did get alarm bells when he said that he was "Obvtown"

Parama WAS obvtown.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #18) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Hoppster »

monk wrote:Any player can play a game as obvtown regardless of their alignment, at least in my mind they can, while yes I do think you are town I just don't like it when people say oh I'm obviously displaying these characteristics.

I wasn't playing obvtown, it was Parama. :P
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:10 am

Post by Hoppster »

monk wrote:but you're playing parama's slot so you're basically saying I'm obvtown

I'm not obvtown,
my slot
is obvtown. :cool:

I suppose the gist of what I'm saying is don't shoot me unless you want to shoot an obvtown slot, for whatever reason.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #20) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:11 am

Post by Hoppster »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: earworm

Good bandwagon is good.

I swear I had town-vibes off this guy before. But looking through his ISO, I have no idea what the hell it was from.

I did find this contradiction, though:
monk wrote:Um I've just realised that if we're going small majority I'm at L-2 [/endtroll]
Mod: what is the lynch number?
tarsonisocelot wrote:Monk asking about the lynch limit seems pro-town to me. I'm uncomfortable with the idea of accidental early lynches.
earworm wrote:L-2 is nothing in a game this small. Monk mentioned it, like he should have, but that does not make him town.

later, with a monk bandwagon emerging, earworm wrote:No guys. This Monk nonsense is terrible. He is the towniest person here, especially now that Hoppster took over Parama's spot. Look at Iso #5 and #7 for reasons why.

monk, ISO #5 wrote:Um I've just realised that if we're going small majority I'm at L-2 [/endtroll]
Mod: what is the lynch number?

Yay, it goes round in a pretty circle. :D
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #21) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Post by Hoppster »

earworm wrote:Why the fuck are you going to shoot Hoppster?!? That slot is soooooooooooooooooooooooo town.

(I do like these inhim votes though)

Making a note of this now - this is a good example of the sort of post I seem to remember giving me town vibes (although I seem to have forgotten which other ones).

UNVOTE: earworm

You do need to address this though (plus the whole deal of a 3-vote bandwagon on you within 5 posts).

And nao, INCOMINGZ WALLZ

Spoiler: idiot alarm going off
tarsonisocelot wrote:Param was not obvtown
Parama wrote:idiot alarm going off

Yes he was (granted, I have confirmation bias, but I was loosely following this game before I replaced in).

tarsonisocelot wrote:No Lynch is rarely a good option on D1.

This game is not like normal games; what applies to them doesn't necessarily apply here. The clue is in the fact that "No players will be removed (lest due to modkill) from the game before the game is finished."

tarsonisocelot wrote:Without being presented with a compelling argument related to the specific set up, I will not consider it.

You give me a compelling argument related to the specific set up to lynch or shoot.

tarsonisocelot wrote:You have brought it up "to gauge opinion" more than once.

That's right, because discussing things is scummy. Well done you. Have a gold sticker.

tarsonisocelot wrote:If you have any concrete reason to suspect that either a no-lynch or shooting town will help, then explain it.

Of course I don't. It's speculation about a weird setup. Do you have any concrete reason to suspect that either a lynch or shooting the anti-town player will help?

tarsonisocelot wrote:I'm about to shoot Hoppster.

You seem to believe that you need to shoot anti-town players, yet you haven't given any reasons for me being anti-town, only (bad) reasons for me being useless.
tl;dr - tarsonisocelot has idiotic reasons for wanting to shoot me.

VOTE: tarsonisocelot
Spoiler: reasoningz
All your 'attacks' on me are making, huge, HUGE assumptions.

Assumptions which are simply not permitted by a town win-con.

You obviously* don't have one; here's the one in the OP quoted for your benefit:
Empking wrote:
You win with the town.

It is
OBVIOUSLY* OBVIOUSLY* OBVIOUSLY*
written to be purposely vague. Empking is a very competent moderator, and it is either phrased like that because town wins in some obscure manner or perhaps simply to mind-fuck us all. It would not be written like that by 'accident' if we had the usual "eliminate all anti-town parties / threats to the town" win-con.

You can look at other games Empking has modded (or is modding) to see that he usually gives very clear win-cons, and ours are intentionally vague this game is a super-obvious conclusion.

You are just as obviously* the informed minority here.

Looking through your ISO, it's clear you intented to start the game off with "hurr durr I know just as little as the rest of you", but now you're completely contradicting your early game 'ignorance' (and thus revealing yourself as the informed minority) by insisting that my open-mindedness is deserving of a shot.

When I asked about No Lynches, the people who said that they wanted a lynch answered with a town answer - they wanted the information from lynching. Which, although we have no way to know for sure lynches will give us information, is fair enough.

vezokpiraka wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

We have to see what lynching does.

Lynch me or whoever. Just lynch.

town

inHimshallibe wrote:No Lynch is silly imo. There's no way to know for sure, but given the theme it seems quite likely we will have to use each Day's information to help us on the next try.

town

splitfarvle wrote:I'm against No Lynching in general outside of MYLO. This game in particular, which ends after three game days no matter what and has unknown mechanics, seems to require us to lynch.

town

earworm wrote:Also, I'm against a no lynch. I don't really see how that would help in any way, shape, or form.

Eh, leaning-town. Could be scum.

jilynne1991 wrote:I am against No Lynching, especially on the first day. It's stupid and it helps us in absolutely no way.

Probably sheeping newb-town, but again
could
be scum.

tarsonisocelot wrote:I want a lynch. They're usually the better option and I've yet to see any indication that they're not the better option tonight.

SCUMMMMMMM

town response - WE NEED MOAR INFORMATIONZ FROM TEH LYNCHES
probtown response - NO LYNCH WILL NOT HELP UZ (implying no information gained from No Lynch)

scum response - LYNCH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE USUALLY DO
tl;dr - tarsonisocelot is playing like the informed minority.

Spoiler: *
OBVIOUSLY
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:56 am

Post by Hoppster »

Ellibereth wrote:
Hoppster wrote:
earworm wrote:Why the fuck are you going to shoot Hoppster?!? That slot is soooooooooooooooooooooooo town.

(I do like these inhim votes though)

Making a note of this now - this is a good example of the sort of post I seem to remember giving me town vibes (although I seem to have forgotten which other ones).

Me no get. And I'm town-read crazy.
If Hoppster was switched for another name would it still be same?

It's not that, it's the consistency with his read on inHim and the way that it's expressed.

(The fact that he calls my slot town is a welcome bonus).

tarsonisocelot wrote:The key part you missed out in "paraphrasing" my reasoning for a lynch was:
I've yet to see any indication that they're not the better option tonight.

This was the
key
element of the reasoning for a lynch. Ignoring it invalidates your entire evaluation of this post.

What.

Whaaaaaaat.

I've yet to see any indication that lynches are the better option. That's why I was seeing what everybody thought about No Lynch.

This was the whole point.
THE WHOLE POINT

You're assuming that lynches are by default better than No Lynches because that's how games normally work.

THIS ISN'T A NORMAL GAME.

That does not invalidate my evaluation of your post; it
SUPPORTS
it.

The only thing that would indicate a lynch is better than a No Lynch is THAT'S HOW IT WORKS IN NORMAL GAMES.

THIS ISN'T A NORMAL GAME.

Therefore:
scum response - LYNCH BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE USUALLY DO

^ Still very, very valid.

tarsonisocelot wrote:Your view on it here and the rest of your posts indicate a flaw in your reasoning: You assume that because this is not a normal game that we should start with a blank slate in regards to our expectations, when our point of origin is actually a mini normal.

At no point does Empking rule out Cults or Jesters.

We could be dealing with Cults and Jesters.

We could be dealing with anything.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 am

Post by Hoppster »

Elli: Thoughts on a mass claim?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Post by Hoppster »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Hoppster, the only reason I haven't shot you is because I did have a town read on Parama.

wat

Spoiler: tarsonisocelot's last 2 posts about Parama (attacking him)
tarsonisocelot wrote:
Parama wrote:
...I... have nothing to say about this game. Really. I just want it to end fast, which, fortunately, it will.

If all you're going to do is sit in the corner and complain about everyone else in the game being an idiot and how much you want it to end then replace out. If you can't or won't even attempt to contribute some of your
vastly superior
resources to this game, you have no business playing it.
My initial town feeling for you was because on page 1 you seemed like you were trying to get people to contribute. Now I just see all your posts as whining.
Since you can read VIs and all, and 3 of us are on your VI list while andother two are on your stupid newb list, you should have no trouble with finding scum and explaining to us why that person is scum.
Also, explain why you have a problem with reads based on things of minimal import in RVS where we do not have anything better to evaluate players with.

Until you do so:
UNVOTE: VOTE: Parama

tarsonisocelot wrote:
Parama wrote:
tarsonisocelot wrote:Parama - town

I say you are scum and that is all I need to say. I'm still waiting on the competent players to arrive anywho.

That's not a reason.
I have explained why I felt you were town at that point. That reason is no longer valid, as I stated before voting for you.

That is not all you need to say. Actually make a case or call it a random vote.

Doesn't look like you had a town read to me.

Thanks for claiming scum, though.

Unless of course you mean that you haven't shot me because you had a town read on Parama before you got the scum-read detailed above. In which case, thanks for claiming idiot.

MOAR VOTES THIS WAY, PEOPLE
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #25) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Hoppster »

Empking wrote:
Earworm is not quite dead but for the rest of the day should be treated as such. Thaty means no posting.
Empking, in the Vote Count immediately after, wrote:earworm (1) - jilynne1991

Assuming this isn't a mistake by Empking:

UNVOTE:
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #26) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:25 am

Post by Hoppster »

:lol:

Okay, never mind then.

UNVOTE:

TO: Why didn't you shoot me?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

jilynne1991 wrote:
Hoppster wrote:
Empking wrote:
Earworm is not quite dead but for the rest of the day should be treated as such. Thaty means no posting.
Empking, in the Vote Count immediately after, wrote:earworm (1) - jilynne1991

Assuming this isn't a mistake by Empking:

UNVOTE:

I don't quite understand this.

Care to elaborate?

Sure.

He had been shot, yet appeared to still be a lynch candidate.

This is one weird setup where we probably need to think outside the box, so I thought the twist might be we have to lynch and shoot the same person.

Anyway, that should be the hammer by my calculations (3 + 1 = 4).
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:59 am

Post by Hoppster »

Umm.

@ Mod: Did earworm 'officially' die yesterday, or would he still have been alive before the explosion?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #29) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Hoppster »

Empking wrote:

He was "not quite dead" after being shot - did he ever actually die (before the explosion which I'm assuming we all 'died' in)?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #30) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:38 am

Post by Hoppster »

vezokpiraka wrote:Hey.

Told you I was town. Now we know that killing someone and not ending the game means they are town.

How is giving the gun now to who?

I suggest me or Earworm as gun targets because we are confirmed town. That is if you want to say the mod is an incredible bastard and this game doesn't end.

What?

We don't know whether you're town.

We don't know whether earworm is town.

There were no flips.

The flavour suggests we were
about
to learn your alignment when the train blew up so we never found out.

I think maybe we should shoot vezok. That way, we may be able to examine his wallet, as the flavour suggests it has something we'd like to know (even if it's just something as simple as confirming he is town).

@ Mod: Does this game use any real-time mechanics or any roles that are affected by time?

Mass-claim is appealing to me right now. It doesn't look like anti-town players have any actual roles (with visible effects at least).

The only flavour-related thing I can think of is that they might be able to plant the bomb on somebody during the day, I dunno.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #31) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Hoppster »

vezokpiraka wrote:So you are saying that we can play a game where even if we kill the bad guy nothing happens?

IT'S A BOMB ON A TRAIN

KILLING THE PERSON WHO PUT THE BOMB THERE WON'T STOP THE BOMB FROM GOING OFF IF IT'S ON A TIMER.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:15 am

Post by Hoppster »

Touché.

However, this:
Empking wrote:"Wait everybody I've goty it. vezo is

B
OO
M

is obviously meant to prevent us from knowing or confirming your alignment. What makes you think this wouldn't happen if we lynched or shot scum?

Also, thoughts on mass claim?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Hoppster »

Don't want to lynch anybody before somebody gets shot.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Hoppster »

CALM DOWN

I am happy to lynch him.

But if we lynch, I suspect we don't get to use our shot if we haven't already, so it makes more sense for that to be used first.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #35) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Hoppster »

I am
not
a hero of any sort.

Parama was just being dramatic, I suppose.

Although that really does look like a breadcrumb I must admit, but I really am not a hero.

I certainly haven't been recieving any flips.

earworm really,
really
looks like scum mega-flailing, paticularly for this:
earworm wrote:
jilynne1991 wrote:Oh my gosh, sorry! Ok, in my role pm, it said there "may be" another one. UGHHHHH crap, sorry, sorry, sorry! Anyways, if you're out there, claim asap!

OH MY GOD. DIE. NOW

LIKE SERIOUSLY. YOU'VE CHANGED YOUR STORY SO MANY TIMES IT'S RIDICULOUS. THIS IS CALLED "OH GOD, MY SCUMBUDDY DOESN'T WANT TO GO DOWN WITH ME, LET ME CHANGE MY STORY SO HE CAN LIVE."

LIKE REALLY THIS IS TERRIBLE.

JUST REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE.

monk, have you asked the Mod whether you can give out another gun?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #36) » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:29 am

Post by Hoppster »

Blaargh.

This game is confusing as heck.

We need to finish this day quickly, I think. Empking said there may be real-time mechanics/roles and stuff, and it's better to be safe than sorry.

No objections to shooting inHim.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Hoppster »

vezokpiraka wrote:I don't have a gun.

Who said I have a gun?

You (strongly imply) have something with the ability to shoot, and given the probable continued prescence of a gun and lack of any other claims to having it, it's perfectly reasonable to conclude you have a gun. >>

What do you have?

monk wrote:Also hoppster I don't like your reasoning for having a quick day

Why not?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #38) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

No Real Time Mechanics mentioned when the game took sign-ups, but the movie revolves around time quite a lot.

The hero (there's only one main hero really) has 8 minutes or something to stop the bomb going off.

If he fails, the Source Code resets and he has another 8 minutes.

He keeps failing and eventually succeeds.

That's the basic gist of the story, really. The rest is just decoration.

The flavour could be taken at hinting that we ran out of time. Whether that happens every time we lynch unsuccessfully (ie. it's just flavour) or whether it was because we left it so late (ie. the flavour was directly relevant), I don't know, which is why I asked Empking.

TO, did you get a Role PM from Empking at the beginning of day today?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:39 am

Post by Hoppster »

inHimshallibe wrote:Something isn't sitting right with the gun/lack of gun.

Shush.

Thoughts on mass claim?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Hoppster »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Nope. Did you?

Also I support the idea of a mass claim but feel the one to suggest it should claim first.

No, I did not.

How many PMs have you sent to Empking today, and how many did you send yesterday (if any at all)?

(We can decide who starts once everybody agrees to do it first.)
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:12 am

Post by Hoppster »

tarsonisocelot wrote:Yesterday there was a PM about getting the gun and then I got one later saying it was one use.

Specifically one use in the whole game rather than one use per day?

Considering the source material, what makes you think that your shot wouldn't be 'reset' for use today?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #42) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:24 am

Post by Hoppster »

Bah. No time to wait for scum to reveal themselves in a web of contradictions.

Theory: TO is scum.

She still has the gun, but has elected not to reveal that she still has it (thus she won't have to use it). This is following the revelation that jilynne is getting the flips, obviously scum now want to minimise flips.

TO is the only person who makes sense (bearing in mind source material) to have the gun, as the day has been 'reset'.

VOTE: tarsonisocelot

Willing to lynch earworm as well over anybody else, but we've already immobilised him once, not sure what doing it twice achieves.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:10 am

Post by Hoppster »

:/

And feasible?
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Hoppster »

Guess the shot was just a one-off to help us get more flips, then.

I'm a Bystander.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Hoppster »

Actually, no, that doesn't make any sense. Empking would have just given us another day if it was just to get another flip.

UNVOTE:

Let me think.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #46) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 am

Post by Hoppster »

Oh, fine, whatever.

I don't understand how we haven't already won if earworm is scum, but whatever.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Hoppster »

Bugger.

Thought split was scum but Elli had me more convinced.

@ Mod: What happened to the gun for Day 2?

I think it's slightly unfair on town in that we can lynch/shoot scum, and then one person gets the flip that we've lynched/shot scum, and we are subsequently meant to work out that it's a waste to lynch/shoot that paticular scum again despite (at least one of us) knowing they are scum.
Hoppster
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Hoppster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Hoppster »

Empking wrote:Nothing, it was one-shot.

Oh. :(

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”