Mini 1206: Death at a Funeral Mafia(Killed)

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:19 am

Post by willows_weep »

/confirm.
Working from my cell until Friday.
Hi folks!
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

Forum rules and guidelines (letter and spirit folks)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372
willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer
Location: On a chair in which I used to sit, took a pencil and I wrote the following on it...It's dark in here

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:02 am

Post by willows_weep »

I thought about it being balloons but thought it would be too obvious...then I thought of that never ending candy thing from Willy Wonka.

:)
vote: PeregrineV

Reminds me of peregrine falcon (as Jake) from Animorphs. I didn't fancy Jake....
What is the point of using foul language, downright rudeness, slurs, etc on a gaming site? This is really distasteful.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:32 am

Post by willows_weep »

I think we're waiting for 2 more players (mod said they needed to find 3 players and so far only gbevilchaos has stepped up).

I say we hear the news because I don't see how it matters. If it is really helpful then the longer we have to reflect on it the better.
You know? We wouldn't halt mid game if even 1 player left.

However, we'll have more action during the week I bet.

Also, in response to Timeeater, I did a search and apparently this is a british movie. It seems weird.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795368/

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:22 am

Post by willows_weep »

Oh, ok, didn't see that the mod said that.

Hm, your phrasing in post 50 brings assumptions to mind.
I will wait.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:45 am

Post by willows_weep »

L-1???
Wow, go away for some hours.
That's a nice gambit Cloyster.
Claiming a role that cannot be proven without us wasting our night resources. Also a role that does not tempt a mafia kill as it is 1 shot. Very clean.

I don't believe you have this role. Two reasons: If you were a 1 shot cop during the DAY why would you use it the beginning of day 1 especially at a time where we do not have all of the players, and other confirmed players have yet to post.

Last reason:

I am L-1 and I am town.

So, please give me more information on the angle you're playing.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #89 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Post by willows_weep »

1) How was my response snarky?
My response was based on a full disbelief of Cloyster's claim. I said I didn't believe it, I explained why I felt the role was sketchy, I asked for more information. What was wrong with it?

2) If I die yes, Cloyster will be held accountable, as I said in my first response it would take time (night, then time to deliberate/rally up day 2 which would be sort of a free day. I've seen from other games that folks don't talk much in those situations and I feel it results in a loss of other information before another night begins (depending on game mechanics)).

Why do you say this: "It should be assumed you are town. What good is that "claim"? Honestly even if you roleclaimed now I dont think you'd deserve to live."

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #90 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by willows_weep »

wait a sec, brb have more but bro needs something.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #91 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Kiwi:
You do realize, we would people would of lynched you had you gone:I HAVE A GUILTY ON WILLOW GUYS
Willow L-1
LOLOLOLOL JKIN I WAS JUST JKIN

This is what Cloyster just did?

I got info as well you might wanna know

Might? Do tell!

I feel that Kiwi and Cloyster are working together.
1) It looks like Cloyster beat Kiwi to the punch of fake claiming for data.
2) Kiwi said to gandalf
If Cloyster did that right now would you not care?

then well...next page and some hours later Cloyster revealed the ploy.
3) Kiwi made 2-3 posts and ~5hrs after noticing Cloyster's claim BEFORE voting for me.
This vote came after Tazaro asked for a safety lock on L votes and no new information to substantiate the difference in time frame (from Kiwi recognizing Cloys claim to voting). It feels as if Kiwi wanted to ensure the claim went as far as possible to get the most use.

Kiwi, why did you tag on another vote at L2? That's pretty dangerous even if you and Cloyster weren't together.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:55 am

Post by willows_weep »

I'm concerned about folks going ahead to put an L2 and definitely L1 vote on me/anyone without anything to substantiate the claim.
Considering that Gandalf, Cloyster and Kiwi all claimed some kind of knowledge. That's a lot of cause for a level of caution/willingness to gather more information. Regardless of the intent (info gathering for either side) it was dangerous and unnecessary.

I still would like to know what info Kiwi has considering they mentioned it. Why bring it up, when you did, and then say 'later' in a fashion that leaves me aching to know?
My thoughts: if you're town with an ability there was no reason to bring it up so soon. If I had something important to let the town know, I would try and make it apparent only when absolutely necessary.
If you're scum then you could be planning some kind of gambit to use later on.

Considering how you've introduced the potential information, I do not see how mentioning it can be used for information gathering (other than knowing that I have low tolerance for being told partial information).

btw
unvote

If Cloyster did not get back in time to report the ploy then D2 would have been really easy. Thing is...I don't know why someone would pull something like that without knowing they could be online to track danger level. That's 2 town losses for no reason.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #162 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Post by willows_weep »

How are you so sure Cloyster is town?"

My line of thinking in that post is considering Cloyster as town, trying to explain that it wouldn't be something a town should do if they couldn't double check on it/control it.

That's why I ended with 'I don't know why someone (meaning someone that is town) would do ...".

L1

vote:Timeater

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Yes, I wanted to make sure that after I read and typed, that no one else had put L1, that would be counter productive!

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #171 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Post by willows_weep »

unvote

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #259 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Sorry, been out/about past ~2days.

I can't really say much about the timeliness of Kiwi's claim. Kiwi brought up information pages ago, and like a 6yr old I couldn't stand the tease, esp. considering no one else seemed to want to know. Kiwi didn't actually have 'information' but simply claimed.

btw, why did no one else ask Kiwi what information they were holding during that special time frame (special= 3 different claims of info)? It doesn't make sense to me.

I personally, feel I should be able to trust Time a bit more. Unless I knew 100% that the other person was town AND that scum wouldn't benefit and do a hammer I wouldn't go through it. I'd rather the priest self hammer (no one gets hurt but the liar). So, in that line of thought Time and Kiwi would both be scum or Time would be scum that trusts that a 'mishammer' wouldn't happen. Either way, scum wouldn't risk a loss considering the size of this game.

M_Lain, seems to be pretty hardcore, in terms of sticking to their guns. While I don't see the 'scummy' factor (of testing Kiwi's claim before we needed to), I do understand her reasoning. Also, I don't think waiting till the end of the day to test out Kiwi's claim is a big deal. I think it could have been properly managed before a deadline. A good number of us are online pretty consistently to quickly vote/unvote (as demonstrated in this last test). It wouldn't have been a good move to lie about an ability that can be tested, especially when there was no voting+data pressure to say anything at all.

@Gandalf: why did you switch your vote to Time? (after years on this site I only JUST paid attention to the display posts by user function...shame)

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #279 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:42 pm

Post by willows_weep »

@ Jason
"Why has no one questioned Willow on why he choose to investigate who he said?"

hm??

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #285 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by willows_weep »

oooo!!!!
Oh dear, two people claiming the same role. Even I wouldn't make that type of game!
Re-read

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #290 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Post by willows_weep »

what do you mean by medieval game?

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #298 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:40 am

Post by willows_weep »

Ah, no I did not see that. A friend asked me about playing a game, then I signed up because it was almost full (I wanted to play a game before life became hectic again). I looked at the number of sign ups page, double checked that the /in before me was counted then /in'd myself.

Not a big deal either way. I did see that it's a theme game based on the roles.
Thanks for the recap folks!!

Re: Time
-if a town person were mad at you (personal?) and just wanted to bungle you up with a fake counterclaim that would lead to their demise. That's a pretty big lie. I don't see that as a rational thing to do as town.
-multiple jailbreakers sound like a pretty harsh set up in a small game. The potential for misfire and detriment to the town is big (blocking as well as saving a town PR).
- mafia roleblocker/jailkeeper? eh...considering the amount of potential tells/hints/actual claims during D1+D2 that would give mafia in a small game a lot of power.
-Scum gambit is still a potential, but that could be either you or gb.

@Kiwi, now we have confirmation from mod that we should not assume ALL roles are medieval based.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #423 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hm..
I don't think GB as scum would have countered knowing the person would flip town and have to face town the next day. Especially not a D1 ploy.So, I'm going to believe GB is town for now.

Ok, so if GB locked Taz and there was no kill my first thought would be 'oh, Taz is scum'.
I mean, I reason that it would be a grand leap of faith for scum to waste a night kill if they don't know who will be protected/blocked. If scum intended a kill and were blocked then...easy the next day. If scum intended a kill and didn't get blocked they get a kill in AND D2 will have tons to sort through (considering the CC, kill, etc).

I don't see anything else at the moment. But I also am wary of anything in mafia that seems simple...

I need to re-read a few things but I wont be on again until 1pm? Sorry, lot of appts. to keep this week.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #424 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by willows_weep »

oh, D2 would implicate gb btw which may make scum feel relaxed.

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #448 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Tazaro, what do you mean when you say 'kiwi is the closest thing we have to a miller'
with the rest of your statement, are you saying that kiwi's ability is confirmed and could possibly read as town but cannot be confirmed?
In the same way that someone can claim miller and until death we wouldn't know if they were town or scum?

Just wanted to make sure I got that right.

Hm,
Kiwi knew that they had the inability to hammer. No one else knew at the point where CC did the gambit. After L1 and a vote hold was posted kiwi did 2 things:
1) put me at L1
2) challenged that CC could be pulling the same kind of gambit that gandalf did

If anything, Kiwi should have waited. If Kiwi had any doubt to CC's 'info' then they should not have placed the vote.

There are so many other players that could have come along. Even if he had actual reason to believe CC there was no reason to be on the bandwagon at that point. Kiwi's vote would could for every L level except for L1. Thus giving Kiwi more power.

My other idea for scum is Taz due to my reasoning of the GB potential of the claim/ability+no kill issue.

In terms of rationality for best pursuit overall, I understand that it's best to get rid of an unknown factor as it relates to Kiwi's ambiguous ability/role alignment.
But I see Kiwi's style as more aggressive than most in the game and also think Kiwi's voting to L1 could be related to that. So considering that all I have against Kiwi (while it is substantial) is my interpretation without other evidence (compared to night evidence, real claims, etc):

vote: Taz

fos: kiwi

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #480 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:40 am

Post by willows_weep »

Wait, wait.

mod I voted for Taz on pg 19!

willows_weep
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willows_weep
willow, the mafia slayer
willow, the mafia slayer

Post Post #516 (isolation #21) » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by willows_weep »

Hey, I know I'm busier with RL than I thought I'd be around now (take revised GRE on Wednesday!!!) but has new/different consideration been given to what the end of a day looks like (considering the mod killed Taz, the restart is technically an end of day situation?):
CC= 12.5 days since last post
Mer= 12.5 days since last post (after the initial 6 day VLA)
CMR= 8 days since last post

At first I was thinking CC not being mod-killed might mean that they could have had a special role forbidding them to talk but as I looked through user posts noticed names I didn't even have on my radar. Now considering they can't all be intense lurkscum (not sure as to the possibility of scum:3rd party:town) I want to know how much worry I should have. Getting the extra time helps but considering the mod only JUST gave it to us...we would have lost potential townies.

Am I misunderstanding something, or is this definitely bad. It's just I think someone mentioned the potential disaster once so far.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”