Back to the Future Mafia - Over: Was Hill Valley saved?

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by xvart »

/confirm. I'm super excited about this game. Back to the Future is the single greatest trilogy in the history of mankind. My favorite Back to the Future scene.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:05 am

Post by xvart »

PeregrineV wrote:/confirm

We should have flying cars that run on garbage and anti-gravity skateboards and DeLoreans for all by now. But do we? No.
Well, technically we still have four years (2015); but honestly, every day I wake up and there aren't flying cars and self lacing sneakers I fell like someone lied to me as a child.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 am

Post by xvart »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:You actually can find jetpack schematics online if you have the money to burn.

I've seen enthusiast jetpackers on several shows.
You have to be really disciplined to use a jetpack, i.e. The Rocketeer! Now that would make another sweet mini theme.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by xvart »

VOTE: Maruchan

You know why. :wink:
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by xvart »

Maruchan wrote:
DayKill: xvart

This game is going at a snails pase
OH NOES.

PeregrineV, 53 wrote:
Vote: Xvart

Because they look mean.
This is the second game someone has posted that very picture. Is this our first game together?

Shadow Dancer, 58 wrote:maru was D1 mislynch in Campaign mafia.
Per was D1 mislynch in lemming mafia.
This is absolutely the most horrid "policy." Lynching someone on D1 because they were mislynched on D1 in one other game? This looks like a terrible way of getting on the popular wagon for an "alternative" reason.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Shadow Dancer

kiwieagle, 78 wrote:also for those curious, I find Maru townish and his lynch in page 4 is heavily opportunistic.
Who, specifically, is being opportunistic?

I'm going to say that I do not find Maruchan's behavior and responses to be indicative of scum for him.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 am

Post by xvart »

MagnaofIllusion, 93 wrote:Wasn’t Shadow’s vote one of the earliest votes for Maru? Looking at the VC he was the second vote. I agree his reasoning is highly suspect but your “Looking to get on a popular wagon” doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.
No, you're right. I didn't go back and check I thought he was later on the wagon. He was actually first behind my RVS vote. So it is just a suspicious reason for voting someone.

Antifinity, 110 wrote:I was on the Maru wagon for the same reason I imagine most people were. Reaction fishing. I don't think there is much a chance at all that Maru is scum. Kiwieagle tried to distance himself from the lynch he wasn't even on, which makes it seem like he knew for sure Maru was going to flip town, and was worried Maru might actually get lynched. Since the format makes it unlikely for Masons to exist, I strongly suspect Kiwieagle of knowing Maru is town because Kiwieagle is scum.
Hello, scum. What reaction were you trying to generate if you didn't think there was much chance of him flipping scum? Why do you want reactions out of town members by putting a lynch on them? And why does this format preclude masons?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Antifinity
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 118, havingfitz wrote:Un FoS Maruchan. He's annoying as hell but I'm more interested in the case on antifinity. Looking him over harder. Don't see the case on LC.
Why does you interest in antifinity warrant an unvote of Maruchan?

In post 121, ooba wrote:I personally think Antifnity is bad town.
How are you differentiating bad town from scum in this case?

In post 127, Antifinity wrote:I wasn't fishing for reactions from Maru, I was hoping scum would jump off the wagon as it got near a lynch, but instead what I got was even better. Also, masons are impossible because abilities are dependent on time-period, so unless someone got "Mason" as their ability in every time period, it wouldn't really work out.
Make up your mind. You've now said you were voting for the following reasons:
  1. Crazy defense;
  2. Reaction fishing; and,
  3. Hoping scum would jump off the wagon when you joined the wagon.

So for the third reason you thought Maruchan was town being voted by scum and you were hoping to dissuade scum from continuing the wagon by increasing the number of people on it? Why would they have jumped the wagon because you joined?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am

Post by xvart »

Labor Day. Should have a post tonight.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 131, Antifinity wrote:No, that isn't what I said. I'm fishing for a reaction, not from Maru, but from scum on the wagon, who I expected would jump off as the wagon got too close to lynch.
When did you determine that it was a scum fueled wagon?

In post 134, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm not seeing atifinity scum here. He's just himself.
More details please.

In post 137, Antifinity wrote:I didn't think you'd get lynched, but hey, I found prob-scum, so it evens out, right?
But you didn't find scum based on your "experiment." Plus, you admit your vote is also OMGUS, so it wasn't like "ooohhh prob scum."
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 148, Maruchan wrote:There is nothing impossible about it, however Antifinity I believe has a role PM similar to mine in which we change roels with the time period. If yours is different, please enlighten us or not as you see fit.
I would caution against assuming that shifting roles are indication of town alignment. I would assume that the same mechanics that might alter town roles may also alter scum roles; similar to the Color Concentration mafia mechanic.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:35 am

Post by xvart »

I plan on posting again tonight but just in case a lynch gets reached and the thread gets locked before I come back I wanted to say if you are town do not target me tonight if we travel to the future.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 150, Maruchan wrote:I never implied that it meant town. ;)
But in these two quotes you "imply" that it is unique to the town and say providing this information would help the scum:
In post 148, Maruchan wrote:I don't. I just don't want to be the person the town says "
YOU IDIOT YOU JUST TOLD SCUM THAT WE ALL HAVE MULTIPLE ROLES
" to. So I didn't want to ask if everyone else had multiple roles. However, Antifinity pointed it out without being asked, so I like him. ^_^
In post 148, Maruchan wrote:There is nothing impossible about it, however Antifinity
I believe has a role PM similar to mine in which we change roels with the time period
. If yours is different, please enlighten us or not as you see fit.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:16 pm

Post by xvart »

Drunk as a skunk but I feel it pertinent to say that maybe antifinity and kiwi are scum buddies? Will actually post substance tomorrow. Disappointed in MoI's unvote.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by xvart »

Honestly, I don't think I could be more disinterested in the LC/MoI discussion; however, the fact that LC is still latching onto the topic is not sitting well with me.

In post 192, Shadow Dancer wrote:
unvote. vote Chronos

Until Anti waggon grows again pressure needs to go where is's deserved.
What do you mean "until the wagon grows again"? It lost one vote. Your unvote is the one that truly diminished the wagon. This is suspect because of the incorrect and over rationalization for unvoting.

Anti needs the noose.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 208, LordChronos wrote:I'm curious as to what you mean by latching onto it. Also interesting that you say I'm latching onto it but not that MoI is.
Latching on might not have been the best way to say it but the whole Maruchan thing has been what a statistically significant in terms of your focus; outside of the few peripheral "hey so-and-so, I want to know what you think about this person." You've done that a few times but if feels more like fluff. I think everything you're saying about Maruchan seems pretty ridiculous so that being the focal point is suspicious in my eyes. The difference between you and MoI is that he is pushing you on your responses and your unique behavior.

In post 208, LordChronos wrote:Also, you mentioned earlier thinking Antifinity and kiwi are scum buddies and said you post more today. So, why are Anti and kiwi scum buddies?
lol. I forgot I said that. It isn't anything concrete but kiwi's posts and their back and forth banter about how they think each other is scum is rubbing me the wrong way. Even though kiwi hasn't been under any pressure I get the feeling that this might be one of those scum bussing scum things as neither of them really seem like they are actually making an effort to substantiate their claims of each other being scum or that they really care if the wagon goes through; other than "NO U" sort of stuff.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:05 am

Post by xvart »

Shit; sorry. Thought I posted in here over the weekend. Will post in about two hours.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:26 am

Post by xvart »

In post 218, Antifinity wrote:Jennifer Parker
(1885)Vanilla Townie (1955)Vanilla Townie (1985)One-shot Deputy (2015)Bodyguard
How does a one-shot Deputy work?

In post 227, Maruchan wrote:I'm waiting for a vote count to see who I am voting
ISO at bottom. Click Maruchan. Submit. End button on new page. Scroll up until Vote: is found closest to bottom. But in all seriousness; why are you wondering whom you are voting? Where were you going with this train of thought?

In post 241, Antifinity wrote:I agree with what he said, what I find scummy is that he said it.
Explain please.

I'm interested in what ooba is saying if only because I don't understand how a scum slip would be based on a role name.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:28 am

Post by xvart »

Reminder: If we travel to 2015 and you are town do not target me tonight.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:03 am

Post by xvart »

Not really. I see the miller claim as more likely to come from town (though not definitively) because it would be a pretty weird stretch to claim miller in a single time period if you were afraid of being investigated because there would also have to be a day cop in the same time period. I just don't see the long game for scum to claim as such with little risk of actually being investigated at that game state. You do make a point in relationship to the Jennifer claim and the surprise element of Antinfinity's claim; but that will become more relevant once we see Anti's flip.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Post by xvart »

Obvious connection to Antifinity.

VOTE: Lord Chronos
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 269, SnakePlissken wrote:Zooming in with rapid votes with little reasoning? Tad scummy.
(Interesting mechanic that calling out Marty. Like that alot)
If I was going gut I would probably agree with xvart though. Also, Ooba is worth a look at as is everyone else of course.
Can we not just zoom in for some reactionary speed hammer please, and yes im aware its only 2 single votes.

Passive aggressive suspicion and no vote? Tad scummy.
I don't even understand this.
Great. Everyone is worth a look; but why did you single out ooba?
Two votes have been placed on two different people; with a lynch threshold of six. What are you worried about even if they were on the same person?

In post 270, havingfitz wrote:Could you show an example or however many of the obvious connection?
Sure:
In post 173, LordChronos wrote:@havingfitz

Thoughts on anyone besides Antifinity and Maru?
This is golden, although not in connection to flipped scum Antifinity. This is coming from the person who has only been talking to MoI about Maruchan with a sidebar comment about Anti.

In post 202, LordChronos wrote:Anyway, Antifinity simply sitting around ignoring the votes on him and refusing to give more content is just making him scummier in my eyes.

Unvote; Vote: Antifinity
LC just barely got on the Antinfinity wagon and was only offered the spot (without being the hammer vote) when MoI unvoted. His commentary (he's scummy because he's just sitting there) is what I would expect out of a scum buddy who has ignored his partner all game and ignored the wagon all game.

LC was pushing the first big wagon after everyone else moved on and I suspect he invested too much time and effort into at the expense of ignoring everyone else, so he couldn't exactly jump ship without serious questions being raised. I'm sure he was also hoping to revitalize the wagon as a counterwagon to Antifinity.

Antifinity also didn't say anything about LC except for a passing comment early game. While this in and of itself isn't a scumtell I think with the reverse seemingly intention avoidance it is.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:24 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 276, Maruchan wrote:I want snake lynched JS. More to come after mod answers a question of mine.
I could probably swing this way as well, just based on the one previous post I quoted. I am planning on looking into him a little more deeply later tonight or tomorrow.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Post by xvart »

Look in your sent box.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by xvart »

I don't understand why you were specifying year when we knew what year it was during the night. I also don't understand why you claimed at all since neither of the people you may have targeted is under threat of lynch. Just open your sent box and look at what it says. I don't understand how it could be so garbled and you still got a innocent response.

Why do you want Snake lynched?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:59 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 288, Shadow Dancer wrote:Seriusly, I hope that was a one-.shot cop, because else there'll be word postgame... Why did you claim this now?
While it may not be a town tell I feel inclined to say that Maruchan claiming out of the blue and with inconclusive evidence is certainly not a scum tell.

ooba wrote:- This could be my confirmation bias acting up but the bolded part in this quote makes me think if Snake-scum is thinking if Anti can be saved with a sudden vote shift:
Question, at this late stage are we looking at a no lynch or Anti lynch? I just ask because
if anyone (myself included) suddenly discovers something that could unroot scum is there enough time to change votes,
or do we just not bother and lynch Anti to get the game moving, because I don't want to spend my evening doing all this rereading to discover something else, if we are just going to lynch Anti anyway to avoid a no lynch.
I'm having conflicting reads about Snake. I still don't see the inherent benefit of claiming miller in a specific timeline, especially the first timeline when we don't have knowledge of the shifting timeline. I was incorrectly assumed we would shift to a different timeline during the night and unless scum know what timeline is coming next claiming miller in a specific timeline during a day phase is just a strange thing to do, especially considering I can't see any scum gain from doing so.

In post 302, Shadowmod wrote:
Magna is voting for vez! I think it's missing in the other vote count, too.
The mod has already confirmed that the vote count is correct. Someone has rendered MoI's vote useless or has control of it so I would keep anyone from L-1 just in case it is the latter.

In post 307, Shadow Dancer wrote:While every one is inactice, could some one maybe explain me that Slacker/Strickland business... Because I don't get it, total lack of flavour knowledge, you know...
Strickland was the principal in 1955 and 1985 for both Marty McFly (1985) and his father (1955). He routinely called people, especially the McFly's, "slacker".
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:56 am

Post by xvart »

In post 311, SnakePlissken wrote:Strickland was also a Marshall in this time frame, but as I said I aint him.
Yes, this is true.

In post 314, Lurconis wrote:xvart is also an IGMEOY for reasons that will just lead to arguments.
Hm? Isn't having arguments a byproduct of playing mafia? I'm not a fan of the passive aggressive cloak and dagger stuff so go for it.

In post 315, LordChronos wrote:MoI is town. xvart is town. Peregrine is kinda town. No good read on ooba or Starbuck/Lurconis.
Based
only
on this flimsy post I'm tempted to believe that one of PV, ooba, or Starbuck might be the remaining scum. It looks like a half assed effort when you're already going down but have a V/LA to catch up on so you post a bunch of sidebar comments and throw in a slight scum read on your buddy just for WIFOM. I might also probably throw in Fitz due to LordChronos' comment about no content.

In post 319, vezokpiraka wrote:My role pretty much sucks so I don't really care if I die in this time frame. Also if you lynch me you can lynch MOI too. He's not playing his townie self.
Please provide detail about how MoI is "not playing his townie self"? I can't remember his opinion on LordChronos prior to the Antifinity lynch but his vote on vezok first thing caught me by surprise so I will look into that.

In post 333, ooba wrote:We're in 1985 right? Think we have a confirmed win now by coordinating night actions .. Will think over and claim\post later when I have the time ..
Absolutely not. However, if someone goes get incriminating evidence there is no reason to withhold that information.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:59 am

Post by xvart »

Just posting this for later reference since I have an unexpected meeting to which I have to run. I'm working under the assumption that Maru is town and had a town result on Shadow.

D1 Lynch Count:

Antifinity
(Lynched) -
kiwieagle
, PeregrineV, xvart, havingfitz,
LordChronos
, MagnaofIllusion, vezokpiraka
LordChronos
(L-6):
Shadow Dancer

Maruchan
(L-6): Starbuck
SnakePlissken
(L-6): ooba
Shadow Dancer
(L-6):
Maruchan

kiwieagle
(L-6):
Antifinity

Not voting (1)
- SnakePlissken

D2 DayVig Count:

LordChronos
(L-2) - xvart, PeregrineV, SnakePlissken, Lurconis
vezokpiraka
(L-3) -
Shadow Dancer
Maruchan
LordChronos

Shadow Dancer
(L-5) - havingfitz
SnakePlissken
(L-5) - ooba
Not voting (3)
Starbuck
, MagnaofIllusion,
LordChronos
vezokpiraka
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 am

Post by xvart »

In post 342, Lurconis wrote:My reason was your asking people not to investigate you in 2015 I thought was a possible godfather except in that time was my first thought
I didn't isolate out investigation roles but ALL town roles. I see your point but don't think it is something worth "fighting" over.

In post 343, Shadow Dancer wrote:@Xv: Is there any conclusion you're about to draw from your colourful vote count?
I sure hope so. It was a thought that came at the conclusion of my other post and was literally just starting down that road when something unexpected occurred at work. Since you asked I'll go ahead and give you the abstract, so to speak, of the direction I was going. I think we have a unique opportunity given two scum deaths in two different situational contexts. The scum lynch yesterday provides a standard lynch count to be analyzed. The daykill happened at such a time that the vote count is, on the other hand, a fluid and dynamic moment in time where the lynch is undecided so we have more "candid" opinions and we might be able to parse some stuff from these two moments that wouldn't normally be available with two scum lynches.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by xvart »

What is an incompetent goon?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 am

Post by xvart »

Okay. I still haven't had time to go back and look in depth at the vote counts I posted and the relevant motives but based on the flips I'm guessing Biff Tannen is the only scum member left (we have Griff and Mad Dog flipped). My initial reaction is MoI is a strong suspect except for the fact that he had is vote negated today (which is typically a scum role). None of the flipped scum have vote remover during the 1985/1885 time frames so if it is a scum ability then for MoI to be scum he would have to be able to self target (not likely) or there would have to be four scum members (not likely). The reason I was thinking MoI as scum was because of his back and forth on Anti/LC yesterday and then, with both of those two being stated high priorities yesterday he opened today with a vote on vezok.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:08 am

Post by xvart »

In post 367, PeregrineV wrote:@Xvart- I didn't think about the vote remover thing, good catch.
Also, your third quote in Post 340 made me go back and look at LC's whole post regarding that.
The only player
not mentioned at all
was Snake.

@Snake- The question was put out about which McFly would be Miller (twice), and you haven't mentioned either one. And you haven't explained anything about your vote on ooba.

I think you're trying to fly so low under the radar your about to crash.
Vote: Snake
One problem is the flavor speculation and I don't think too much should be rested on that. For example, the Incompetent Goon was Mad Dog, and out of all the Tannens I would think he would be less likely to fail at killing compared to idiot Griff or even Biff. The other problem is that we are basically playing with four different game setups, and Snake claiming Miller in one particular year, regardless of how scummy you think a miller claim is independent of flavor reasons, is
less
scummy because Maruchan claimed a cop role in that same year (1985). I would be significantly more concerned of a miller claim in 1985 if there wasn't an investigative role in the 1985 setup and Snake claimed prior to knowing there was a cop.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 369, Lurconis wrote:Flavor speculation mad dog would be incompetent and very out of his element in 2015.
Exactly my point. We shouldn't be discussing flavor relevance at all.

In post 370, Lurconis wrote:Also according to the wiki vote thief is normally town aligned
I didn't know that, but I guess it could be the difference between a vote thief and a vote remover. To best of my recollection any vote stopper I have seen has been scum aligned.

In post 371, PeregrineV wrote:Good point on both. However, I'm not voting him for flavor, but for ignoring questions, apparent distancing by Chronos of Snake, and general suspicion.

Would like to hear from Ooba replacement, but still good with Snake vote.
My second point above is why I don't believe you should be voting Snake at all.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by xvart »

Maruchan - place your vote on ooba before you leave. I've got a big post coming in the next hour or so.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 340, xvart wrote:
In post 315, LordChronos wrote:MoI is town. xvart is town. Peregrine is kinda town. No good read on ooba or Starbuck/Lurconis.
Based
only
on this flimsy post I'm tempted to believe that one of PV, ooba, or Starbuck might be the remaining scum. It looks like a half assed effort when you're already going down but have a V/LA to catch up on so you post a bunch of sidebar comments and throw in a slight scum read on your buddy just for WIFOM. I might also probably throw in Fitz due to LordChronos' comment about no content.
In post 350, xvart wrote:I think we have a unique opportunity given two scum deaths in two different situational contexts. The scum lynch yesterday provides a standard lynch count to be analyzed. The daykill happened at such a time that the vote count is, on the other hand, a fluid and dynamic moment in time where the lynch is undecided so we have more "candid" opinions and we might be able to parse some stuff from these two moments that wouldn't normally be available with two scum lynches.

D1 Lynch Count:

Antifinity
(Lynched) -
kiwieagle
, PeregrineV, xvart, havingfitz,
LordChronos
, MagnaofIllusion, vezokpiraka
LordChronos
(L-6):
Shadow Dancer

Maruchan
(L-6): Starbuck
SnakePlissken
(L-6): ooba
Shadow Dancer
(L-6):
Maruchan

kiwieagle
(L-6):
Antifinity

Not voting (1)
- SnakePlissken

D2 DayVig Count:

LordChronos
(L-2) - xvart, PeregrineV, SnakePlissken, Lurconis
vezokpiraka
(L-3) -
Shadow Dancer
Maruchan
LordChronos

Shadow Dancer
(L-5) - havingfitz
SnakePlissken
(L-5) - ooba
Not voting (3)
Starbuck
, MagnaofIllusion,
LordChronos
, vezokpiraka

Likely Town Members
:

• Maruchan
    is town in my eyes. I have only played one game with him but he was eager to claim results in that game as well. Plus, being a one shot ability in a specific time zone pretty much makes it a good play to reveal the result (even though I don't think he had thought that part out).
  • ShadowDancer
    is town by virtue of the cop innocent on him (unless Biff is a godfather in 1985). ShadowDancer was off both scum wagons but while he left the Antifinity wagon for mildly suspicious reasons he moved to the other known scum, LordChronos. I don't see a scum member bussing his partner giving up that spot on the wagon to bus another partner, especially losing all town cred if/when the wagon succeeded. As scum you can't say "I didn't lynch scum because I was voting the other scum member!"
  • MoI
    is very likely town by virtue of the vote removal and there most likely only being three scum members (link to further explanation).
  • Snake
    is town by virtue of the miller claim and Maruchan's subsequent cop claim in the same time period and both roles being unique to that time period (link to further explanation).

Possible Scum Members
:

I don't believe that the remaining scum partner would be on the Lord Chronos wagon at the time of the daykill, especially with the competing vezok bandwagon. Like I said, the daykill provides a unique game state snapshot. With the scum team down one member at the start of D2 it would be pretty hard to come out of the gate bussing down to presumably one member at the end of D2 and it was still so early in the day that scum weren't jockeying for town cred. So as I mentioned, based on LC's post after returning from V/LA and prior to his death I think the scum is definitely in [PV, ooba, Starbuck, or havingfitz].

• PeregrineV
    likely isn't scum with the second spot on the day vig wagon unless he didn't think it would actually go through. He did question vezok in some of his opening posts but vezok only had one vote (MoI's actually none) so he wasn't fueling the fire on a competing bandwagon. PV was early on the Antifinity wagon, too.
  • Starbuck/Lurconis
    is not likely to be the final scum member. Lurconis immediately came into the game voting LordChronos and really dug into it in the follow up posts. I wouldn't expect a scum member who replaced in to jump right on the wagon and even pick a fight to that degree unless he really felt LC was going down but the vezok wagon was doing sufficient enough and could easily be spun to a lynch. Starbuck's vote on Maruchan was pretty bad but the lack of involvement from Starbuck after that point isn't really conclusive evidence of scum intentionally staying off the wagon.
  • ooba
    is a likely candidate for the remaining scum, and it is unfortunate that he replaced out. He was off both scum wagons and his breadcrumb discovery was really strange. At first I didn't think scum would do something so bizarre but it could have been an attempt to derail the Antifinity wagon without a whole lot liability. Additionally, the following quote stands out because it gives a nod to the LC wagon but also states why it isn't valid ("hey your suspicion is good but I just happened to have noticed he has been V/LA so therefore invalid.").
    In post 296, ooba wrote:I thought your "LC disappears around D1 end" case had merit but noticed that he's on VLA for a week.

• havingfitz
    is the other likely partner. His vote on Antifinity is at the tipping point on the wagon and could go either way. His complete lack of content and prod dodging today while keeping his vote on an alleged cop innocent is mildly suspicious.

The only dark horse is vezok; but I think the remaining scum is between ooba and havingfitz. And I believe ooba should be the first to go.

VOTE: ooba
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by xvart »

So MoI is now voting. More ooba votes please.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #35) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:24 am

Post by xvart »

Shadow - I realized after the fact that I think the votecount was reset after the daykill. More content coming in a bit.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:11 am

Post by xvart »

In post 392, PeregrineV wrote:@Xvart- I'm not understanding why point 2 of this post is any indaction of why I should not be voting Snake. Can you please clarify?
I meant the part about claiming miller in a specific time zone before the cop claimed in the same time zone.

In post 392, PeregrineV wrote:Also @Xvart, opinions on ooba in light of claim.
Regarding ooba's Emmit Brown claim I'm torn and still processing it. If I'm not ooba I'll be voting havingfitz.

Since he's already claiming I think ooba should claim his 1985 role since it is unlikely that we will return to the 1985 time zone this game. In fact, we might consider discussing whether or not everyone should claim 1985 actions.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #37) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:50 am

Post by xvart »

In post 417, ooba wrote:I'm not claiming my 1985 role since it would be counterproductive.
How is it counterproductive since the 1985 time zone has already passed and it is unlikely we will go back there anytime soon?

In post 417, ooba wrote:P.S: I am hammered? Lynching Fitz and using my JK as an investigate was the optimal move. I am a bulltetproof in 1985. Also, the DeLorean is not with me so must be in scum hands. Good luck. Sorry that I really couldn't put my best efforts into this.
ooba might have been hammered by Shadow depending on if MoI was in control of his unvote or not. We'll see when the mod comes back. I was going to say that we've had at least two different analysis that yield ooba scum so I'm fine with him being hammered despite the Doc Brown claim.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #38) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:32 am

Post by xvart »

MoI - it was an uncle or grandfather Joey (jailbird joey) that was in jail but I don't remember for what crime. ("Better get used to these bars")

ooba
- is your roleblocker ability night action only?
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:51 am

Post by xvart »

lol. I was just about to post this when I previewed:

Here is what we know about the four setups (confirmed are colored):

:

Modified Lighting Rod
Ninja

Innocent Child

Day Vig
Jailkeeper

:

Goon
Strongman

Innocent Child

:

Framer
Goon

Innocent Child

Bulletproof
Cop (one shot)
Miller

:

Bulletproof
Incompetent Goon

Innocent Child

Antifinity Claim: Vanilla Townie (1885)/ Vanilla Townie (1955)/
One-shot Deputy (1985)
/
Bodyguard (2015)

Antifinity Actual: Modified Lightning Rod (1885)/Mafia Goon (1955)/
Mafia Framer (1985)
/
Mafia Bulletproof Goon (2015)

The latter two claims are matched as close as possible to their actual roles. The Framer role implies that there is a cop in the 1985 setup. The odd thing is the inclusion of both a miller and a framer in the same time period, but I suppose this could be to give the scum a little more advantage in that time period if there are weaker in other time periods, especially when more players are alive in 1985 than later (game stage wise) periods.

Regarding ooba's Jailkeeper claim does not seem to fit against a modified lightning rod and ninja unless it was included to hurt town more than help it by preventing other night actions. The inclusion of a Strongman in 1955 suggests that there is a doctor in the 1955 setup or that a town Jailkeeper would more naturally fit in that time zone (based on what we currently know).

I think it is more likely that ooba's claim has the substitutes of town equivalent roles for scum roles and he is still a good lynch.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #40) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:56 am

Post by xvart »

Even though I was staunchly against flavor speculation I almost threw out the idea that MoI was the time machine and his vote problems was because of so many problems they had in 1885 with the time machine... lol. I'll have some more to say later.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #41) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 434, Lurconis wrote:I was so stoked to be able to participate in this game thanks for remembering me for the replacement Dekes. Xvart what was the tipping point for you to know LC was scum enough to vig?
Funny you should ask. I tried to daykill antifinity when I posted this post which is why it was so soft. I wanted to comment more on what MoI was saying but didn't want to be so obvious so I just made a new comment and sent the daykill in. Then I checked my role pm and had the time zones mixed up. I almost daykilled LordChronos straight out of the gate but I decided to try and fish out some reactions and hopefully get a small wagon going on him and then daykill him for analysis purposes. Wagon analysis has never really been my thing but in my opinion nothing can beat an out of the blue daykill on scum with a small wagon in terms of wagon analysis purposes. Any hesitation I had was thrown out the window when he posted his back from v/la message and I figured it couldn't get any better than that for narrowing down the final scum member. Everything I posted in this post was why I wanted to daykill him, and then my reasoning's in the post below were what solidified him being my target:
In post 340, xvart wrote:Based
only
on this flimsy post I'm tempted to believe that one of PV, ooba, or Starbuck might be the remaining scum.
It looks like a half assed effort when you're already going down but have a V/LA to catch up on so you post a bunch of sidebar comments and throw in a slight scum read on your buddy just for WIFOM.
I might also probably throw in Fitz due to LordChronos' comment about no content.

Did anyone have me pegged as the daykiller? I figured when I started diving into the dayvig wagon analysis it might make me obvious that I had it planned out from the beginning but by that time I figured it didn't matter, and since at the time I didn't know how the time travel mechanic worked I figured odds were that we would shift to the time zone where I was the PGO soon enough.
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #42) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 437, Shadow Dancer wrote:
In post 431, SnakePlissken wrote:Wow, I've never been a game where scum got decimated so badly.

Dramonic's fate mafia. Town goes 4:0 win on D2...
This is "only" 3:1 :P
Also Seacore's Color Concentration mafia was a four scum sweep, which I'll reference later on when I comment about the setup.

In post 444, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I think overall this is an example of an excellent Town game. And it showed in the fact that Dayplay crushed the scum team.
I completely agree. This game was so refreshing because the entire town did a good job on the pressure front, making town moves and assessments. It felt so good that we all were synchronizing on the day play without the blind sheeping. There was enough questioning of motives and play of each other that kept everyone honest without the sometimes added distraction.

In post 444, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Dekes you make the cut as one of my ‘must play’ GMs. Congrats.
This goes for me too. The setup was well thought out and well executed. Like Color Concentration mafia I almost feel bad that the potential of this setup was never fully realized.

In post 444, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Good play all. Finally, I’d also like to say this has been the most enjoyable game in my recent memory on the personality side. Not a single flair-up of name-calling and otherwise unneeded insults to be seen. Everyone should take pride in that.
I agree with this, too. I love a good clean game with lively debate without the name calling and condescension.

Regarding the setup, I played in Color Concentration mafia where we sweeped the scum team also. While the setups were different there were enough similarities behind the fundamental mechanics that I think the multiple roles based on setup mechanics slightly favors town. With my setup analysis that I was about to post prior to the game ending I was drawing out more based on my roles in the given time frames that I wasn't going to disclose unless I needed to. I think a setup like this would benefit greatly from having a few more red herrings to counteract the town setup speculation of being able to parse out what roles were likely in each time frame (like a miller and no cop and similar combinations). Actually, the ooba RBer with the ninja was making me pause slightly but I decided not to mention it because I was already convinced ooba was scum and didn't want to undermine my own argument.

The thing I like about this game is there is a healthy amount of setup speculation that will inherently come out after flips.

And finally, I mentioned this in thread, but MoI, I loved when you and I synergized on ooba and came to the same possible scum targets from two separate angles (albeit some of the reasoning overlapped).
I only read quote walls.

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:04 am

Post by xvart »

In post 448, Shadow Dancer wrote:
Xvart
: One who really carried this game on his shoulders. That he got the vig role was nice icing on the cake.
Thanks, it felt pretty good. This was the first time I had any sort of vig role and after reading my role (Dekes, you were right, my role was totally awesome) before the game started I had dreams of grandeur of daykilling one scum, night killing another, and being PGOed or avenging the final one... lol.

I also breadcrumbed my role based on the flavor sentence from the Sheriff in 1885:
Dekes wrote:
"See, that's how you handle them, son. Never give 'em an inch, and maintain discipline at all times. Remember that word - "
discipline
." "
In post 30, xvart wrote:You have to be really
disciplined
to use a jetpack, i.e. The Rocketeer! Now that would make another sweet mini theme.
I was having a good time when the Strickland conversation was going on and I intentionally left out the 1885 role when I was talking about Strickland, but immediately said "this is true" when someone said he was also the Sheriff. Not that I really needed to be sustainable since scum would be crazy to counterclaim a successful daykiller but it was fun in practice.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”