Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 am

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

/I agree to the terms and conditions
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:28 am

Friend, I suggest that you play a newbie or at least a mini normal before playing a theme game. I'm sure you do have experience off-site, but the way we play on mafiascum is very different from a lot of other sites. You should get used to our style of play in a simpler game first.
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:31 am

Oh, and mod, you should seriously change the playe list to "still alive".
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:24 am

In post 31, Umbrage wrote:I thought we'd have gotten over the Portal memes in 2011, but OK.

Yes, but it's Orange Box Mafia for crying out loud. It's screaming for a Portal meme.

Robocopter87 wrote:1. What is your favorite animal?
2. What timezone are you in? And if not too prying, where you from?
3. Are you excited about this game?
4. If I say Tornado, whats the first thing to come to your mind?
5. Do you prefer scum, town, or third party? Also, whats your favorite role?
6. Whats your favorite Orange Box character?

1. Whichever one is my mascot for my fantasy football team. This year, it's a cucumber.
2. US Central Time, which I believe is GMT -6, and I live in the great state of Kentucky.
3. Oh yeah
4. Kansas
5. Recently I've been better as scum than as town, but I don't really prefer either side. I don't know what my favorite role is. Usually whenever I get a power role I either screw it up or get killed before I can really use it or both.
6. I've got to go with Gordon Freeman.

Captain Corporal wrote:1. Why do you play Mafia?
2. How doyoureact to people attacking you?
3. What will you be known for in this game?

1. Because it's fun and challenges my brain.
2. If it looks like an attack from a townie, I try not to focus on it that much. If it looks scummy, then I will call it out and attack it.
3. I don't know, hopefully for catching a scum or two.

CC gets town points for game-centric questions that get discussion going.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:20 pm

xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 44, Bub Bidderskins wrote:CC gets town points for game-centric questions that get discussion going.

You're better than this.

Vote: Bub

Just LOOKING for reasons to start calling people town, eh?

It was a pro-town way of getting discussion going. Robo's questions are more null to me because they were less game-centric and more random. CC's questions were an attempt to start serious discussion about the game going.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:08 pm

In post 63, numberQ wrote:So far what I'm seeing is haoala trying to wagon on Bub with Reck, then DH and hip doing the same thing on haoala. That was my first reaction upon reading the thread, anyway.

Vote: numberQ

I agree with Hiplop. This looks like just narrating. There is no insight or opinion, it's just "oh, this what happened, and I'm not goin got give my opinions". Looks like fake scumhunting to me.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:32 am

In post 71, numberQ wrote:
In post 70, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 63, numberQ wrote:So far what I'm seeing is haoala trying to wagon on Bub with Reck, then DH and hip doing the same thing on haoala. That was my first reaction upon reading the thread, anyway.

Vote: numberQ

I agree with Hiplop. This looks like just narrating. There is no insight or opinion, it's just "oh, this what happened, and I'm not goin got give my opinions". Looks like fake scumhunting to me.

No opinions? I said they were bandwagoning... is that not a bad thing with the minimal reasons they gave?

No insight and no pressure. The post reeks of "hey everybody, I'm here and I'm reading the thread." Again, fake scumhunting. No honest attempt to follow up on your reads, no vote to try and gain more info and move the game forward, just nothing but useless narration that looks like an attempt to make you look like town. In my book, that's textbook fake scumhunting.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Okay, numberQ, who do you think is scum?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 am

NumberQ is still my number one scum read and I'm not really swayed by either the Haola or the Hiplop wagons. They seem pretty weak at the moment.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #9) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:55 pm

In post 156, numberQ wrote:
In post 150, Bub Bidderskins wrote:NumberQ is still my number one scum read and I'm not really swayed by either the Haola or the Hiplop wagons. They seem pretty weak at the moment.

So I'm number one scum to you based on that one narrating post... Why is haoala not scummier? Or hiplop? I for one have a slight town read on hiplop, obviously scummy read on haoala, but people have presented cases on both of them and you have commented on neither. Every single one of your posts after your vote has been about me... despite a lot of stuff happening. Can you say scum trying to bring people's attention back to what he perceived as an easy mislynch?

That's because I felt like that post of yours was quite scummy, and I have not seen a decent to vote for hiplop or Haola. I'm re-reading both of them right now, though..
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:41 pm

Hiplop is probtown. Just is attitude and they way he carries himself is not consistent with scum.

Haola, on the other hand, is difficult for me to read. His early vote on me seems legit, and it moved discussion forward, as does his later vote on NumberQ. However, I don't like his "Lynch Hiplop Flowchart". That could just be a townie mistake, though.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #11) » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 am

In post 174, Captain Corporal wrote:I'm not sure why, but Bub's #150 just seems so bad. Possibly because it looks like he's scum trying to stay off major bandwagons to decrease suspicion on himself.

Yeah, I guess it does look bad, but I really don't have a strong opinion on Haola. I do think hiplop is town though, after re-reading him.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:44 am

Arg, sorry I wasn't able to contribute as much as I would have liked last day, life has been kinda hectic recently. Anyway, the last three votes on the Haola wagon strike me as very scummy. Just due to their placement.

Oversoul wrote:I haven't really been paying attention to this game, but I can say that Haola is flail grasping at anything that might be scummy to get pressure off him. Since I forgot to vote you when I said I would

VOTE: VOTE: Haola

After posting virtually no content, comes in and puts the lead wagon at L-2.

Hiplop, how does you receiving an item make you 100% confirmed town? Does that also mean we can consider RedPanda 100% confirmed town?

RedPanda wrote:
UNVOTE VOTE HAOALA

Just for post 202.

Same as Oversoul. Also, I do not see anything really bad from Haola's 202.

Chronopie wrote:Indeed I have been.

--

Nothing has convinced me otherwise; One of Hiplop or Haoala should meet the hangman.

VOTE: Haoala

Terribad quickhammer. Seriously, not even a claim? Also, the way he worded it made it sound like he he didn't care whether Hiplop or Haola got the rope,
because they were both town

Vote: Chronopie

My read on RedPanda is weaker right now, and I don't think Oversoul's on the same team as Chronopie because I don't read his #246 as bus.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:37 am

Hmm, Alyx is a very strong claim.

unvote; vote: Oversoul

He contributed basically nothing on D-1 except to vote for haola at a convenient point in time.

Also, I find it interesting that both NumberQ and CC have got me as their top suspect, but are not trying to vote or pressure me. It doesn't do anything just to say "he's my top suspect" without any follow pressure or votes.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 am

In post 293, numberQ wrote:@ Bub: when did I say you were my top suspect? Chrono is my top suspect, aka the reason why my vote is on him. You and Robo are next, then everyone else.

Of course with that latest post where you try to put words into my mouth, you are definitely scummier than Robo. I stand by what I said earlier, that we should lynch you or Robo next day when Chrono flips scum.

Oops, my bad. My point on CC still stands, though.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am

My vote on oversoul still stands: he still hasn't posted any content. ATM I'm willing to give CC the benefit of the doubt on not pressuring me since he's on V/LA, but he will have to answer when he comes back.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 am

[quote="In

Um ya.. bullshit. I did contribute information, albeit not much. And I find this incredibly hypocritical coming from you because you are actively lurking in this thread.[/quote]

The fact that I lurked as well does not make the action any less scummy. Not only did you actively lurk, but you also managed to find a place on the convenient Haola wagon. That combination is what makes you scum.

Oversoul wrote:Major scum points for this post (and yes slight omgus feeling).

He is acting like RedPanda in that he is not paying attention to the thread. :roll: Actively lurking Bub is actively lurking.

That is a good way of putting it. At the moment, there are at least 2 town wincons I believe.

Yet again more active lurking.

I didn't bother to give a case on Corporal as it has been said already, but his jumping onto Chronopie is the same as RedPanda jumping on Hiraki and both are extremely suspect.

I don't consider giving my present thoughts on the game to be active lurking. I couldn't press you because you were working on this post, and I couldn't press CC because he's on V/LA. I don't feel comfortable asking questions of an empty slot.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:13 pm

Oversoul wrote:Bub, you are playing a reactive game instead of a proactive game. You are waiting for others to make a comment instead of making a comment yourself which to me says that you are trying to feign scumhunting by using bits and pieces of other peoeple's opinions and then altering them slightly and making them your own.

How can I be reframing other people's opinions when I'm the only one with a vote on you at the moment? Your vote on Haola was convenient and you've posted nothing but OMGUS attacks against me and fluff against Red Panda. One of you and Red Panda is scum. There is no way that there were no scum on the tail end of the Haola wagon, and right now I'm betting it's you because of your silly attacks against Panda (who would be the other option).
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:19 am

I still think Oversoul is the best bet, but I would also be willing to vote for Red Panda.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:17 am

In post 390, RedPanda wrote:
In post 378, Bub Bidderskins wrote:I still think Oversoul is the best bet, but I would also be willing to vote for Red Panda.

your willing to vote for me bub with no case? i like where my vote is at.

If it's between you and no-lynch, then I would vote for you. Right now I would much prefer an Oversoul lynch. The reason that I would consider voting for you is due to your poor vote on the tail end of the haola wagon. It's not like I have no case on you, it's just that my case on Oversoul is much stronger.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm

In post 399, Alabaska J wrote:
In post 382, Alabaska J wrote:also a quick aside as to why my vote is still on pinkfloyd (aka chronopie)

why does no one think that fakeclaims may be available to mafia to prevent this kind of thing from happening and breaking the game? fakeclaims are fairly common and CAN be flavorfully important players. i was mario game once and the mafia had a fakeclaim that was like mario or something (i dunno point is it was an important character that was given as a fakeclaim and worked well because of it) we shouldn't rule out pinkfloyd yet guys

ANY responses to this???

Well, it is a bit of mod WIFOM, but Alyx is such a major character in Half-Life that I seriously doubt that there would
not
be an Alyx role somewhere. It's
possible
I guess that Alyx is a fake claim, but I give a 90% chance that it isn't.

Oversoul wrote:Bub, want to tunnel me a little harder? :roll: Nice way to put your foot in both doors for lynch candidates as well. So townie.

Okay, let me get this strait. From your perspective I'm scum and you are town. I know that you are town, but I want to keep my options open for both you and Panda. But you are currently voting for Panda and have been for some time. So you think Panda is scum as well. But why would I keep my options open for voting a scumbud? Your whole theory doesn't make any sense and reeks of OMGUS BS. Seriously.

And to answer your question, I'm only willing to vote for Panda to dodge a miss-lynch. I seriously want you to meet the hangman first, though.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:18 pm

Oh, and I want to see CC get back into this game. He's been cruising for far too long.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Seriously? I and I was all hyped up that the town was so disfunctional...oh well. I'm just pissed that I didn't get to set somebody ON FIRE!!! I was saving it for either LYLO or for when a wagon started on me. If I got close to being lynched, I would have claimed demo and said than whoever hammered would get blowed up, then I would set somebody on my wagon on fire. I'm kinda mad about GLaDoS's win condition since we lost mainly because of the town's stupidity, which was something we were trying to encourage. Still, it was a fun game.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”