Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Lupus Vega »

Whoops. First time using the voting tags...
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

Wait, whoa. A couple of - well, a few questions.

1) Is this wagon on Umbrage serious? Do you actually want h(er)im lynched?
b) If so, why?
c) How many of the people on this bandwagon know the reason, and who's just along for the ride?
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:00 am

Post by Lupus Vega »

Hey Umbrage, who do you FoS at the moment?
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Lupus Vega »

Right...

Well, I suppose it's as good a reason as any, at this stage. Oh, and before I forget:

UNVOTE: LunitaWolf

As we're out of RVS.
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:45 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

Ok, wait, hold on. Can I point out that I'm at L-1? Just in case someone hammers before I make a case...

I just got on, I wanted to post that before I go back and figure out exactly why people are voting me, and then explain myself.
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

In post 71, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 70, Lupus Vega wrote:Right...

Well, I suppose it's as good a reason as any, at this stage. Oh, and before I forget:

UNVOTE: LunitaWolf

As we're out of RVS.

vote Lupus Vega
for this post.

In post 72, hasdgfas wrote:also
unvote umbrage

The initial vote was entirely to try to get a bandwagon so I could see how Umbrage acted under pressure, but that appears to have fizzled

Everyone seems to overlook the fact that I wasn't posting for 'nothing', two posts ago I asked who Umbrage FoS'd - partially because I just wanted to hear her thoughts, and partly because she'd been the biggest wagon for a while. I did find her answer inadequate 'You, for this', but I didn't comment on it at the time (although I admit I probably should have).

In post 80, The Rufflig wrote:UNVOTE: Umbrage -- The wagon fizzling before it ever got anywhere puzzles/worries me a bit, but there is little substance here.
VOTE: sorgster -- Welcome to the game. Participation is mandatory while you are with us.

I don't believe in the case on The Fool. His explanations seem spot on with the condition of the game at the times. I'll also note that The Fool's title says 'goon' - as in this toon is not a veteran on this site. I'm not sure if he didn't realize that cow's vote couldn't be anything except a policy lynch or attempting to run up an early wagon or if he just didn't know that he should express such thoughts clearly, but I don't attribute any scummy vibes to The Fool at this time. Rather, I believe that he is being smeared by the scum.
My eye is upon those attacking The Fool.

--- Preview ---
Brownie points for noticing that I hadn't explained my other vote. Lunita was the first person who didn't get on the Umbrage wagon. A weak point but it also let me remind everyone that we have two votes by making a double vote.

I very much dislike the bolded part, because it is defending. It doesn't help anyone, and it frees you to FoS anyone who attacks TheFool. Just because you don't find him suspicious, there are others who will, and saying you suspect them for suspecting him, well, I find it scummy. You're basically warning us you'll do OMGUS for another person - this wouldn't be accepted if TheFool did it himself, but you expect us to be okay with the fact that you are?

In post 94, Isa wrote:SORGSTER IS NOW AT L-1.

I am not willing to hammer at this point but had he not been at L-1 I'd put my vote on him.
UNVOTE: Umbrage No point in keeping my vote here.

Meanwhile, TheFool, mind explaining why you have "a sneaking suspicion that sorgster is town"?

Isa, why is there no point keeping your vote there? I thought you said earlier that you were fine with leaving it on.

In post 95, Isa wrote:Also, because I am a major supporter of sheeping when I feel that nothing needs to be added, VOTE: Lupus Vega for exactly the same reasons André and Cow gave.

Mod: Umbrage is not voting Lupus Vega.

This post...just wow. I'd comment on it but I think Umbrage already did. I'm just putting it in for added emphasis.

In post 105, sorgster wrote:
vote vega

iso #1-confirm
iso #2-rvs
iso #3-fluff
iso #4-questions about umbrage vote
iso #5-mentions fos of umbrage. seems strange to me

iso #6-getting out of rvs

Seems like buddying to umbrage a bit to me.

Wait, what? I never mentioned an FoS of Umbrage. I asked her who she FoSd, and she said me, for asking her. I posted I was okay with that (because you can't dig for information in this game without people getting suspicious of you) and that seems to be the post that got everyone in a tiff.
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

In post 117, The Rufflig wrote:Good lord that wagon crept up fast and quietly. No accidental hammers allowed here, please and thank you.
farside22 - you're a veteran player - I trust you knew you were placing him at L-1. What gives?

Even sorgster only got up to L-2 by my personal count.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown wrote:Okay, so why do you continue to vote LunitaWolf?

>answer Unknown then UNVOTE: Lunitawolf
You say "I didn't see a pressing need to unvote Lunitawolf as she was in no danger."
You have unvoted Lunitawolf.

Unknown wrote:Yes I did shamelessly sheep farside, why would me being a newbie change the way you view that?

> answer Unknown

You sigh and then say "Once you get some experience under your belt, go play a newbie game and you'll see why. Ok, that was a bit of a cop out. Because newbies throw off a lot of scum tells to veteran players. The newbies frequently don't know what good play here is either because they haven't played before or they come from a different mafia venue that is quicker and relies heavily on the night game. So the newbies tend to make mistakes that ping veteran players scumdar. I give new players a little more slack to try and keep my reads more accurate."

You feel a wave of depression sweep over you, and you turn to see that Marvin the robot has stalked miserably into the room. The acute depression cuts off the rest of your answer to Unknown.

>

...okaaay. Are you being funny or is this a post restriction or a power coming into play?
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #125 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

Top of Page Vote Count

5 - Lupus Vega (hasdgfas, André, TheFool, Isa, farside22)
5 - sorgster (The Rufflig, André, hasdgfas, benoni, Lunitawolf)
4 - Quaroath (Lunitawolf, Isa, TheFool, Unknown)
2 - benoni (sorgster, farside22)
1 - farside22 (benoni)
1 - Isa (Umbrage)
1 - The Rufflig (Unknown)

Not Voting (2) - Lupus Vega, Quaroath

In post 121, The Rufflig wrote:
In post 116, Lupus Vega wrote:
I very much dislike the bolded part, because it is defending. It doesn't help anyone, and it frees you to FoS anyone who attacks TheFool. Just because you don't find him suspicious, there are others who will, and saying you suspect them for suspecting him, well, I find it scummy. You're basically warning us you'll do OMGUS for another person - this wouldn't be accepted if TheFool did it himself, but you expect us to be okay with the fact that you are?

TheFool had ample time to answer the questions and arguments brought against him before I pitched in my two cents. I was not the only one who didn't like or didn't see a case against TheFool - I was merely the loudest to express such an opinion. My statement about having my eye on those attacking the scum wasn't meant as a blanket case nor was it meant to include new cases that might come up against TheFool. I didn't appear to get any particular agreement about my analysis. Eh, so be it. Your displeasure not withstanding, I'm going to continue to comment on events as I see fit.

(By the way, should I mention that you're suspecting me for suspecting someone who suspects another? That's scummy, right?)

Ok, must've misunderstood. The way I read it, it
was
a blanket term (even if not for the future).

In post 123, TheFool wrote:
In post 115, sorgster wrote:
unvote vega

I don't want a quick hammer.

^town post btw

In post 116, Lupus Vega wrote:I very much dislike the bolded part, because it is defending. It doesn't help anyone, and it frees you to FoS anyone who attacks TheFool. Just because you don't find him suspicious, there are others who will, and saying you suspect them for suspecting him, well, I find it scummy. You're basically warning us you'll do OMGUS for another person - this wouldn't be accepted if TheFool did it himself, but you expect us to be okay with the fact that you are?

Do
you
find me suspicious?

Wait, what? I never mentioned an FoS of Umbrage. I asked her who she FoSd, and she said me, for asking her. I posted I was okay with that (because you can't dig for information in this game without people getting suspicious of you) and that seems to be the post that got everyone in a tiff.

What information have you dug up?

I'm not sure about you. At the moment, it's too early for me to be even slightly confident on any reads. I'm keeping my eye on you and Isa, because you both seem to be bandwagoning/sheeping. However you're both being upfront about it "For the bandwagon!" "I like sheeping", so I'm not sure what to think of that.

I find it interesting that after the first few pages, when asked for her suspects, Umbrage FoSd me for asking - while understandable, it also meant that she didn't really have to answer the question.
Last edited by imaginality on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:11 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

Sorry, guys. Been busy, just read over the posts since I've been away. I want to do a reread before a big post, but before that, I'm going to chime in with my first impressions of this page:

In my experience (which is, admittedly, limited), when two people are going hammer and tongs day 1, neither of them tend to be scum. So I'm going to look elsewhere for now (although I didn't really like either Farside or Isa). I'm keeping an eye on them, but they're not my top priorities at the moment.

Catch up post coming in a bit.
Lupus Vega
Lupus Vega
Townie
Lupus Vega
Townie
Townie

Post Post #289 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Lupus Vega »

In post 270, farside22 wrote:
In post 261, Lupus Vega wrote:Sorry, guys. Been busy, just read over the posts since I've been away. I want to do a reread before a big post, but before that, I'm going to chime in with my first impressions of this page:

mmmmm

Too busy for us but not too busy to post elsewhere.

As a matter of fact, yes. I have far more work to do in regards to this game as my scum reads aren't clear here. The other game is ongoing, so I won't talk about it, but take my word that the post in question took around a couple of seconds (it was only a couple of lines).

In post 272, hasdgfas wrote:Guess who disappeared after he stopped being the center of attention. sorgster.

In post 261, Lupus Vega wrote:Sorry, guys. Been busy, just read over the posts since I've been away. I want to do a reread before a big post, but before that, I'm going to chime in with my first impressions of this page:

In my experience (which is, admittedly, limited), when two people are going hammer and tongs day 1, neither of them tend to be scum. So I'm going to look elsewhere for now (although I didn't really like either Farside or Isa). I'm keeping an eye on them, but they're not my top priorities at the moment.

Catch up post coming in a bit.

So busy that as soon as someone mentions that you're not posting, you come back?

Also, I'm a bit confused. You say you didn't like either farside or Isa, but you don't think they're scum for reasons having nothing to do with their play? Seems TSQ already said that, but I'm going to reiterate.

I had also forgotten that Umbrage and Unknown were even in this game. I would love to hear them actually saying something, because with so few posts I'm having difficulty actually getting a read on them.

While I know posted three hours after someone asked me to, that was a coincidence. Actually, as soon as I got to that last post I thought
"Shit..."
because I knew it would make my post far less credible. I can't defend my actions any more than that.

In regards to my comment on the likelyhood of both Isa and Farside being town, I wasn't saying that I think they're definitely not scum, or that we should drop the wagon and look to someone nobody has suspected yet. I was saying that I, personally, prefer to look at other people for now, even though I do see the cases on both of them.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”