Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Post by Magua »

Hai guyz!

Catchup was pretty easy, being only 11 pages or so after the draft, but my god, that's a lot of walls between IceGuy and Magna.

Right off the bat:
I think that kdowns is town -- first, the IAAUN RVS push at the start of the Day makes me think not mafia, and then, oddly enough, by the hammer on Magna. It was such a bad hammer, with such a scummy "sorry" on it that it's just screaming "shoot me." But for the SK that'd be suicide, and mafia want as few of their number as possible to be on that wagon (for obvious reasons) -- in both cases, mafia or SK, it's far safer to NK a vengeful than to lynch them anyways.

I don't think Seacore is mafia, again from IAAUN interactions D1 -- not only would that be a lot of effort to put into a conversation with a buddy, but the reactions of both of them afterwards when they started both getting slack for it doesn't seem like buddy material either. That said, I highly suspect Seacore of being the SK at this point, because I know he can be analytical, but his analysis here seems off. That's ok; he can still live until tomorrow and give us a confirmed townie, because if he is the SK, he's going to give the name he gets since otherwise there's the chance he names a mafia, outting himself to them and sealing his own fate if they flipped mafia.

IceGuy reads as town. There's a lot of effort in his Magna-is-scum case and it shows. Again, scum wouldn't want to be in the vanguard when it came to lynching a vengeful -- too much attention and chance of getting shot when they could simply NK.

Farside/Conspiracy is an interesting case for me to read, since my previous interaction with them both was in Open 273 where each of them was town, and each of them was dead-to-rights certain that the other was scum (which was nice because it allowed me, as scum, to milk it for two mislynches). I'm feeling a lot of deja vu reading over their interaction here again, moreso on Conspiracy's side than on Farside's. I'm not really sure what to make of it at this point, but I'm highly against them both being mafia partners. Other than that, I'm fairly null on them as a group.

kondi is a big blob of null, and only seems to speak when spoken to or spoken about.

jason is scummy. A non-entity D1, and not much to like from what I've seen D2. Voting Seacore is a downright terrible move. Suspicious of mb53 for lurking while doing the same thing is hypocritical. Suspicion of kdowns for his hammer as "opportunistic" when that doesn't even make sense. Thinks Quilford is town.

Quilford is scummy (bet you didn't see that plot twist coming). "mb53 must be mafia who was used to perform the kill" comes out of nowhere and reeks of inside knowledge (which is, note this, proven to be accurate later). It's not "I jailkept mb53, only one kill, die nao," but specifically "mb53 is mafia" and "mb53 was proxied." This reads entirely like an opportunistic lurker-lynch attempt that can be explained away D3 with "Guess I must've protected against the kill" or "Guess a kill got delayed".

VOTE: Quilford
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 313, Seacore wrote:But where the hell is my analysis off?

So I totally agreed with both you and IAAUN at the beginning when it was, "If we're going to lynch with no information, the best lynch is kdowns." That part's fine.

But then as the
argument
conversation went on, you shifted it more and more to *actually* trying to lynch kdowns -- eg, "Policy lynches on roles, not always bad things." in #111, which rings really off. Then you're all "I'm using it to gauge reactions," which is fine, but you never comment on anyone's reaction except for kdown's. In #154 you call out both MoI and Conspiracy, in a way that can either be MoI is scum or MoI and Conspiracy are scum together -- and then you vote Conspiracy and FoS MoI. That seems heavily survival-oriented, to not vote the Vengeful even when your words make them your biggest suspect.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 316, jasonT1981 wrote:Please explain how that is lurking and please explain how it is hypocritical. MB53 lurked, did not ask to be replaced (that I can see, as Mod usually states X asked to be replaced) and ignored the game fully before being what looks like force replaced by the mod due to inactivity.

Well, let's play a game, shall we? mb53 got replaced. Do you believe that he got replaced because he was scum-lurking, or do you believe he got replaced because he flaked?

Do you believe that getting replaced is a scum-tell?

Because that is the sum of your argument: mb53 flaked and got replaced. You find this scummy.

jasonT1981 wrote:I am not the only one suspicious of the hammer, a few have asked questions about it.

The difference is that Farside asks questions, to get answers. You are "Don't like Kdowns hammer though, especially with the 'sorry' comment... seems opertunistic." One of these is trying to actually get information and reads, and one of them is just lazy.

Also, your vote for Seacore is terribad.

jasonT1981 wrote:Quilford suspects BV53... BV53 Replacement goes after Quilford.
I suspect BV53... BV53 replacement goes after me.

Funny that isn't it?

It's hilarious. Laugh riot.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by Magua »

Yay! Way to go, jason, I knew you could pull through!

Seacore, I called you as SK for reasons I outlined (truthfully) in the thread (though I admittedly had the advantage of knowing it wasn't jason). You were very safety-conscious in what you were doing.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Post by Magua »

For my own morbid curiosity, Seacore, did you think I was town or scum when you submitted the kill on me?
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:17 pm

Post by Magua »

Oh, while I'm here: Dead QT

I have no compunction against the Mafia QT being released, but I'll wait for jason and IAAUN to chime in.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 541, Seacore wrote:Mostly town, Magua

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Magua »

Since Jason doesn't care and IAAUN doesn't seem to be around: That 70s Mafia Hangout

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”