M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:09 am

Post by M4yhem »

Still here.
Borge, Mariyta- I will be voting for the last person to confirm. Just so you know.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:53 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Bogre gets my vote.

As for plans, let's just lynch as many people as possible.

I suggest giving people a set time to respond to accusations; say 24 hours? and if they haven't answered by then, we lurker-lynch them, ok?

And let's not bother with fosing people; vote or prevote them instead.

Oh yeah and Twomz, Brutal, you reluctance to help the town is
noted
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:10 am

Post by M4yhem »

Vote Bogre
for stalling the start of the game.

I kinda like Brutal Assassin's plan. I'm not completly sure about the numbers though.

Twomz- I'm 100% behind a lurker lynch. Bogre might be a good pick for that. As for your cop plan, it would be great if it worked, but it puts a lot of weight on the cops' shoulders.

Can we use prevote like a fos? Or does it not work quite like that?

Anyway, omgus
Fos:Mariyta
She needs to die. We can't have two people with the letter m here; she's obviously trying to confuse the town!
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:54 am

Post by M4yhem »

I am also for the cop claiming.

unvote

And just like that, the votecount is outdated.

BA- Is there a particular reason you are against lynching lurkers? You said yourself that scum shouldn't be allowed to lurk and live. Why not take that one step further?

I think we should aim for about four lynches a week. It is definatly to the town's advantage to lynch more often then scum can kill, because it keeps power in the hands of the whole town. At the same time, I'm obviously not in favour of lynching blindly. We need to generate information somehow though, and a bandwagon is traditional.
If the cop comes out, then we immediately have one less possible threat, and once thier investigation comes through, we have concrete facts to work with.

So I suggest that we mix the two plans together a bit; we follow BA's order to start with, to generate information and then depending on what the cop finds out, we go on from there.

Vote:Tamuz
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:55 am

Post by M4yhem »

BA- but the cop would counterclaim in that case, wouldn't they?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:16 am

Post by M4yhem »

I feel I should probably mention that my vote puts Tamuz at three.

Although I can see the problems with the cop idea now that you mention them, BA, I think Twomz should be a little further down on your list. He's said some fairly protown things, IMO. I would rather lynch a lurker than him.

Tamuz could use a little pressure, but we shouldn't lynch him until he's had a chance to defend himself. And explain how statistics are scummy.

As for the speculation about the scum groups, it would make some sense to me if we were facing two groups of three. We won't know until the killing starts in phase two.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:35 am

Post by M4yhem »

I don't understand what makes people so negative about BA's idea. Extra lynches are a huge gift to the town and it would be a seriously bad idea not to use them. Like I said, it allows us to keep control of the game. Lynching often is nowhere near the same thing as lynching randomly. What we need to do is keep looking for scum as normal. Normally there will be a few suspects that the town has to choose between; in this game we can just lynch all our top suspects.

I'm not feeling the wagon on BA. Sure, he said it would be ok to lynch him; it still seems a same to get rid of the one who is posting the most content. Even if you don't agree with his ideas, you can't deny that he seems to be trying hard to work out the best way for us to win this.

unvote
I want to wait til everyone has checked in. I'm giving people until Wendsday to post before I accuse them of being lurkers. (That means you, Bogre!)
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I'm with Mariyta on this. Stop with the math. Some of us still use our fingers to count.

BA- Do not vote for yourself. I can't stand when people do that. If you are town, I'd much rather you stick around. You need to start fighting a little more.

I'm not liking this wagon one bit. BA posts a plan to help us win, and you jump on him? I don't really care if the maths make sense; the point is that extra lynches are a gift to the town. Not using them would be foolish IMO. It's like being given an extra day. It gives town control of the game, cause scum influencing the lynches is much harder than scum choosing who to nightkill.

I disagree that scum would post a plan like BA's. They generally don't stick their necks out like that. Not only that but BA has shown virtually no resistance to getting lynched. That's not a scum attitude. He's omgusing a little, but I think most people do that under pressure.

Vote:TheManHimself
for bandwagonning on what I think is flawed reasoning.

As for Twomz's plan, I'm afraid I failed in understanding it the first time. I like the reveal-innocents-then-lynch-the-rest part, but no lynch is an abomination in the eyes of the gaming gods and I will have no part in such horrific blasphemy.

Our lynch is our best weapon against scum. It's also our biggest source of information.

prevote:Mariyta
Low content= scum. Arrgh, math!
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:07 am

Post by M4yhem »

Mariyta- Not so. Low content posters to me are more scummy than those who don't post at all because it's a way of keeping a low profile while still posting enough to stay in the game.

As for you being replaced, awwww :( I hope we get the chance to play together in the future.

BA- Obviously I believe that the correct 'route' is the man himself. Hopping on the wagon in the middle is scummier than starting it. Tamuz/Twomz would get the attention if you turned up town and themanhimself would blend into the background.

themanhimself- If p then Q? What does that mean?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:37 am

Post by M4yhem »

No, Twomz. We can't just lynch someone on your say so. I'm not feeling the BA wagon at all. Let's go after the low content posters. BA is generating disscussion just like he says; what on earth is the point of getting rid of our main conversation starter?
Hop on TheManhimself instead. He's hanging on the sidelines, quietly bandwagonning BA. That's scum modus operandi right there. So why isn't themanhimself dead yet, hmm? At best he's scum, at worst we get rid of an unhelpful townie.

Mods, bear with me; I'm changing my prevote. You can cope with that, can't you? Of course you can; you're all such smart people.
unprevote, Prevote:Armlx
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:13 am

Post by M4yhem »

themanhimself wrote: I don't see how people have been saying I'm bandwagoning for no reason. When I voted for ba I gave my reasons. In case you are narcoleptic and missed that, here they are again, lynching just to lynch is possibly one of the worst ideas ever (regardless of game mechanics), anyone who votes for themselves is just acting the martyr, and finally while stats can be useful, yours are just a 'lynch anyone for any reason!' scare tactic. Not helpful on so many levels. My vote stays where it is.
I don’t think I said you had
no
reasons, I said your reasoning is flawed. BA never suggested we lynch just to lynch; the whole point of his plan is to catch scum on the back foot by acting quicky. Claiming we should lynch anyone for any reasons is a gross misrepresentation of what he said. Lynching often is
not
the same as lynching randomly, it just means that instead of lynching one of our top suspects, we would lynch them both. So yeah, I don’t agree with your reasons and I think you just echoed something other people had been saying so that you had an excuse to bandwagon.

Pablito- I don’t want the town to lynch someone I consider both helpful and probably pro-town. Therefore I defend BA. You can see that as sinister if you want; but if I think the town is lynching the wrong person, I’m going to say so.
pablito wrote:Lurkerlynching is a last resort policy, I do not see how it was necessary at that time of the game.
I disagree. It’s a good day one starter tactic. Lurkers are hugely unhelpful if town, and horribly dangerous if scum. I’ve lost as town to lurkers in the past; it’s not a nice feeling and I don’t want to repeat it. Going after lurkers
now
sets us up well for later in the games because it encourages everyone to participate more, which increases the chances both of scum tripping over themselves when they talk, and of soone noticing it.
pablito wrote:
themanhimself in 107 wrote: *Edit*
Sorry meant to vote brutal assasin on that one. I was thinking about m4yhem while I typed.
unvote
vote: brutal assasin.
I am in full support of now lynching M4yhem because this could've easily been a scum slip.
So you want to lynch
me
because TheManhimself typed the wrong name? Are you saying that we’re scum together? In which case, how do you explain me wanting to lynch him?
pablito wrote: I think I know where my vote belongs. Risky and probably not thoroughly thought out, but I don't feel the passion behind his arguments.
vote: M4yhem
I assume by this that you think I don’t believe my own arguments? In which case, you’re wrong. Check out what I said in the pre-game, before I got my role. I’ve always be a fan of lynching lots of people.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:48 pm

Post by M4yhem »

pablito wrote: M4yhem is 100% behind lurker lynches this early on but fails to express any annoyance with BA. All bolded text shows where M4yhem uses words that show some type of distance from the town. There isn't much use of we and he relies on words that present themselves as outsiderish. Too mechanistic for my tastes.
I...er...didn’t feel any annoyance. I don’t automatically get pissed off with people who disagree with me. And you seriously don’t think scum use the word ‘we’? I think we need a little more evidence than that when we decide who to lynch.
pablito wrote: If M4yhem is really for a lynch, lynch, lynch plan, he wouldn't be defending BA so much and would be helping push BA toward lynch just for the reason of confirming others' viewpoints on BA. Also, there would be no need to make a separate sentence to point out that his vote was third on Tamuz. If you want to lynch, lynch, lynch you don't give others deliberate counts.
I want to lynch lynch lynch suspicious people, not people I believe to be town. I’m bloodthirsty, but I’m not
insane
. And Twomz asked people to put numbers on thier votes, so I did it as a courtesy to him. I don’t believe in lynching useful people just to reasure other people; that seems like a waste to me.
pablito wrote:I don't see M4yhem being consistent with his "lynch 3 or 4 per day" plan. For all his talk, he's offered up very few people. Either he's truly clueless and doesn't know how to proceed (a very logical and justified reason) or he's just scum. I lean toward the latter, although I do not find it wrong nto lean toward the former option.
Great. So either I have to say I’m clueless or you think I’m scum. How about a third option: I’m in lots of other games and find this game hard to keep up with.

I didn’t even notice Bogre hadn’t posted yet. (Hey, I didn’t notice he was in the game)

unprevote, prevote Bogre

Still liking a TheManHimself lynch.

I find Arafax a bit scummy too. He hasn't said anything I believe to be of value, so far.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:26 am

Post by M4yhem »

I think its pointless to speculate on Zindaras' result. Innocent or guilty, he can't tell us now.

I don't really see the point of lynching someone to 'test' BA's plan. If themanhimself is against it and comes up scum, does that make the plan itself any better? I'm guessing that the scum wouldn't be so obvious as to all give the same opinion on it, or indeed on anything. Let's lynch people cause they're scummy, not to test on thing or another.

Pablito- 'good posts by all so far'- could you be a little
more
patronising please? [/sarcasm] It seems to me that you are trying to take charge of the game, tell us what to do and what not to. I don't like that one bit.

I suggest we lynch the following people:
TheManHimself- for what I see as oppurtunistic bandwagggoning and a lacklustre defence.
Bogre- For lurking and then popping up when his name is mentioned, which is dodgy whatever he says.
Arafax- Low content posts.
And armlx, who hasn't responded to pressure at all. Is he actually in this game?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:29 am

Post by M4yhem »

:lol: Well I did say 'I suggest' and not 'do as I say, minions.'

I understand the suggestion, I just don't agree with it. Whoever we lynch, people will have reacted to them
in some way.
What makes you so special?

And I'm
on
a bandwagon; it's the rest of you who are being slow.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:25 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Pablito- I haven't avoided talking about you, it's just that there's not that much to say about you so far. I like the fact that you're trying to find scum; that's usually a protown thing to do. I like less the fact that you're out for my blood, and some of your arguements against me have been a bit too vague for my liking. I'm kind of used to people voting for me by now though; I'm always being told I have a scummy style. In conclusion, you haven't do anything to make me think you're scum yet, although I do find the way you praise other people for their posts a bit patronising.

Twomz/Tamuz- Can I have some reasoning with those votes, please?

Sorry Mert. Somehow missed the fact that you'd replaced in.

Arafax- I'm not really sure what I was talking about. But you seem to be posting less than other people.

Yay, we got one. I would guess it was a vig kill too. Although I suppose we could have a SK, vigs were mention in the rules.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:40 am

Post by M4yhem »

I could go for a Bogre lynch. He's lurking, pops up only when his name is mentioned and seems to be picking a fight with Pablito for no reason.

Vote:Bogre

Analysis of Twomz/HackerHuck interation- You called him out on his vote for Tamuz early on; he changed his reason for voting Tamuz after that, and later claimed it was a joke. Since then, he seems to have been trying pretty hard to get you lynched, building what looked like a semi-solid case on you for 'misrepresenting' BA's statistics. No-one went for it, but he kept on pushing.

Conclusion: It could be distancing, but from the amount of effort H-Huck put into it, it looks like he really wanted Twomz lynched. So Twomz was probably not scum with him.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:41 am

Post by M4yhem »

Bah.
unvote, Vote:Bogre
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #18) » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:10 pm

Post by M4yhem »

I really don't see how analysing the Twomz/Hacker relationship three times was helpful, but there we go. I can't exactly stop you doing it now.

TheManHimself's posts are seriously lacking in content or common sense.
unprevote, prevote: TheManHimself.

Tamuz- you need to get your own opinions about me, rather than following Pablito's coattails.

To me it seems quite obvious that Twomz was not scum with Hacker. I suppose he could be the SK, since Hacker was on his back and then died. There's no actual reason to think we have a SK though, and I'll keep saying that until we have a day with three kills. So basically, I'm not feeling the Twomz votes. Don't forget he suggested the cop intensive plan- How does it make sense for a mafiosa to suggest that? So Bogre either has his head screwed on wrong, or he's mafia going after a townie on a weak excuse.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:37 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Sucks to be me.

Unvote, Vote:BA
to save my own precious skin.

I hope that when I come up town, the lack of reasoning by MrBuddyLee and Tamuz will be noted.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (isolation #20) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:24 am

Post by M4yhem »

I am Michael Schumacher, Vigilante. I killed Hacker Huck. Apart from that I've been playing appalingly, I know. I just can't seem to get into it.

As for my case against TheManHimself, Pablito, it's based on the fact that he keeps voting for people based on other people's reasoning. Pot, meet kettle.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Argh.
I was really in too many games, so I didn't quite give this game the attention it deserved. Good setup though; I enjoyed it while I was in it.

I was terrified of being asked to claim though, since I had no idea what kind of claims there were in it. Until I saw the ferrari kill, and then it was easy. It deeply amuses me that I got counter-claimed by the SK, of all people, who then got caught by the real vig. Even when I'm scum, I help the town.

Really thought MBL had a chance, but then the masons came out.Nevermind.

BA- my honest reaction to your plan was that it was god's gift to scum. After all, the quicker we killed townies, the better. And your list had me and Hacker near the bottom. I would happily have followed it, because I believed I could steer you in the wrong direction if nessecary.

Hacker gets the credit for telling me Zindaras was the cop.

Good game, Town & Mods.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”